The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Horos said:
    A sample of the products available in Oregon.
    "Commassentials", lol.  And man, 35.7% THC, 0% CBD.  Gives you a pretty clear indication of what that one's intended for, haha!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    Horos said:
    A sample of the products available in Oregon.
    "Commassentials", lol.  And man, 35.7% THC, 0% CBD.  Gives you a pretty clear indication of what that one's intended for, haha!
    Yup.  the higher the THC the better the sleep.  I usually try to get it over 22 and no cbd...
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
    Canada ‘blew’ its chance to be global pot leader, says investment bank leader

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/canada-blew-its-chance-to-be-global-pot-leader?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0qT1n73H5VgMcfejFXaU_68VzGsiN7RhO9an12uq7cVsYzIBNRQ2msCwE#Echobox=1560117807

Oh yeah.  Legalization was a joke.  That had 3 years to get it somewhat right.  There is only 1 legal store within 2 hours of me.  Glad I renewed my medicinal...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    New York is coming down to the wire the next 3 days.  Apparently 2 Democratic State Senators' votes shy of passing recreational.  Had talks all weekend and they were classified as "positive" and "ongoing"
    MayDay10 said:
    New York is coming down to the wire the next 3 days.  Apparently 2 Democratic State Senators' votes shy of passing recreational.  Had talks all weekend and they were classified as "positive" and "ongoing"
    It is dumb that politicians think they have the right to deny people a beneficial plant...politicians is the worst.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    The Cannabis that they are getting is harmless, unlike those opioids from China that find there way on to our streets...fuck China...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    How a weed conviction at 18 got a man banned at the U.S. border — 37 years later
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5381096/marijuana-conviction-banned-crossing-us-border/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalNational&fbclid=IwAR0nrpYB0zXz9tAIdYaxhtrE0c3ya7VljWLy2eVm37lOxWiZpKUnmqmUXNE

Ridiculous...all it takes is 1 customs officer to search a little deeper...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Cartridges are taking over in my neck of the woods. I smoked on one a couple times in the last week and love it. Like wax or whatever, but easier to handle. I’ll be stocking up on some soon.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Hi! said:
    Cartridges are taking over in my neck of the woods. I smoked on one a couple times in the last week and love it. Like wax or whatever, but easier to handle. I’ll be stocking up on some soon.
    The potency and lung expansion are pretty sweet..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Hi! said:
    The potency and lung expansion are pretty sweet..
    A little dab will do ya😜

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited June 2019
    Our state legislature failed us in New York and we did not get Recreational passed this year.  It will likely be at least 2 years now.  I would bet 2021 will be the time based on political climate.  The reason we had a Democratic majority in both chambers is due to the anti-trump 2018 election.  I predict in New York, the backlash to Trump will be much more pronounced in 2020, thus increasing the D hold on New York's legislature.  With (hopefully) a D president too who will likely need to pay homage to Federal legalization, I expect that it will be more politically expedient to pass this (apparently it only stalled by 1 vote in the state senate).

We do have a bill currently for decriminalization which reduces possession to a small fine, and also 2 bills expanding our medical program to make it cheaper, more accessible, and increasing the options to include smokeable.  Hopefully those pass before the legislative session ends (today or tomorrow)

Post edited by MayDay10 on
    I won’t be signing up for any college classes, but if they are looking for any guinea pigs..🙂

On a side note, congrats Illinois.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    San Francisco is banning e-cigs ... who would have thought that buying weed in a city would be 1000x easier then a product that helps to quit smoking ...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Maryland is changing the tobacco & e-cig  law to 21 & over in October. I think the e-cig industry needs to shy away from the whole "product that helps to quit smoking" campaign because that's a big crock of shit. I've not met one person who vapes that has actually used it as a cessation device. It's just a replacement.  And I've known a bunch of non-smokers who started vaping because it was cool.
    This could have been the first generation to really stick it to the tobacco industry, but no, everyone's out there sucking on their douche flutes instead.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Id much rather see people " Stick it " to the alcohol industry.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    Me too. Most addictive  poison. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Me too. Most addictive  poison. 
    Tobacco products rate pretty highly in terms of both “addictive” and “poison”. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    Yes i agree. Whole heartedly.  But i know  first hand about alcohol
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2019
    Maryland is changing the tobacco & e-cig  law to 21 & over in October. I think the e-cig industry needs to shy away from the whole "product that helps to quit smoking" campaign because that's a big crock of shit. I've not met one person who vapes that has actually used it as a cessation device. It's just a replacement.  And I've known a bunch of non-smokers who started vaping because it was cool.
    This could have been the first generation to really stick it to the tobacco industry, but no, everyone's out there sucking on their douche flutes instead.
    I quit a 30 year smoking addiction with e-cigs, and my best friend did too. That is what they mean when they say that. It helps people quit smoking cigarettes, which is a good thing. Replacing a carcinogenic habit with a non-carcinogenic one is definitely a positive. TONS of smokers quit by using e-cigs, so I don't understand why you think that's a crock of shit.
    Anyway, prohibition is fucking stupid.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PJ_Soul said:
    I quit a 30 year smoking addiction with e-cigs, and my best friend did too. That is what they mean when they say that. It helps people quit smoking cigarettes, which is a good thing. Replacing a carcinogenic habit with a non-carcinogenic one is definitely a positive. TONS of smokers quit by using e-cigs, so I don't understand why you think that's a crock of shit.
    Do you still use e-cigs or did you also quit them after you were off cigarettes?  If you did both, congrats, you're the first person I know who has.  That's why I think the marketing around it is a crock of shit.  Didn't mention prohibition.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Do you still use e-cigs or did you also quit them after you were off cigarettes?  If you did both, congrats, you're the first person I know who has.  That's why I think the marketing around it is a crock of shit.  Didn't mention prohibition.
    I just quit smoking in October. So I'm still using an e-cig... but I have no intention of quitting because I like it. I also liked smoking. I had no intention of quitting that until I realized e-cigs were a good replacement for me. I am an indulgent kind of person who enjoys her booze, weed, and inhalants, lol. But e-cigs are not anywhere near as bad as smoking is - not even remotely close, no matter what those hysterical headlines say - so it's not like it's an even trade-off the way you seem to be thinking it is. Dropping tobacco is a HUGE deal with positive health results. Replacing them with e-cigs is a good thing. But FWIW, yes, I know people who have moved off the e-cigs too, after they used them to quit smoking. But that said, keep in mind that the e-cig industry has NEVER claimed that people who use them as smoking cessation aids should only be using them temporarily. Of course not - they want people to keep using the product. I don't think they've misrepresented themselves at all on that one.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I only smoke Cannabis.  No way we no if vaping causes long term health problems...in 20 years we will know...the early users are guinea pigs.  As for Cannabis, it has been around long enough, so I think they have some idea if it causes long term health effects...I'll take my chances with Cannabis.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I usually had 5-6 smokes a day but started using the Juul and haven't had a smoke in 9 months.  I've convinced three of my friends that smoked a lot more than me to try it and they have stopped smoking as well.  As PJSoul noted, there is a night and day difference in terms of of health impact.

As far as the downside of Juul, it is nicotine which is addictive, but primarily uses glycol which is used in over 16,000 pharma product so if the Juul is really bad then everyone in this country is fucked.  If you try to Google the downsides, you will see a few negative article that is parroted by 200 other "media" sites.

After smoking some of the "main thread topic", I notice the same downsides of smoking the next day.  Flem, cough, etc.  Not with the Juul.  So if it is down to weed, cigs, or a Juul my experience is the Juul is has the least health downside.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I only smoke Cannabis.  No way we no if vaping causes long term health problems...in 20 years we will know...the early users are guinea pigs.  As for Cannabis, it has been around long enough, so I think they have some idea if it causes long term health effects...I'll take my chances with Cannabis.
    I do both, but vaping is wonderful for discretion.

Anyway, the below is from Weedmaps.  I trust them and other related sources, but as with most everything, I'm sure there are naysayers.

"The leading benefit for vaping weed is that it’s a healthier alternative to smoking flower, as vapor doesn’t release the tar and carcinogens created during combustion (the process of burning flower). Instead, vaporization entails a slightly more complex process that creates a phase transition from liquid to vapor."