Abortion-Keep Legal, Yes or No?

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    This is the Christian version of Sharia Law. Remember all of the anti-Muslim rhetoric about them coming here and instituting Sharia Law? I'm frankly more concerned with the domestic terrorists who are implementing their faith-based laws and expecting the secular among us to conform. It is time to fight the real enemy - religion. None of this anti-choice bullshit would even be a thing without it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    jeffbr said:
    This is the Christian version of Sharia Law. Remember all of the anti-Muslim rhetoric about them coming here and instituting Sharia Law? I'm frankly more concerned with the domestic terrorists who are implementing their faith-based laws and expecting the secular among us to conform. It is time to fight the real enemy - religion. None of this anti-choice bullshit would even be a thing without it.
    I agree with you completely, aside from one thing - the real enemy is religion in politics and law. Not just religion alone. I don't give a fuck if someone wants to hate abortion because of God all on their own. They just shouldn't have the right to apply those beliefs to others... and that is exactly what the American governments are now allowing to happen, and yes indeed, it is a MUCH bigger threat than Sharia Law is, and a very very real one coming true now, not just some random fear that it might. I can't fucking believe that America hasn't managed to keep Christianity out of its laws this day and age. It's absolutely appalling, and yes, fit for a fucking 3rd world government, and not a very good one at that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    I agree with you completely, aside from one thing - the real enemy is religion in politics and law. Not just religion alone. I don't give a fuck if someone wants to hate abortion because of God all on their own. They just shouldn't have the right to apply those beliefs to others... and that is exactly what the American governments are now allowing to happen, and yes indeed, it is a MUCH bigger threat than Sharia Law is, and a very very real one coming true now, not just some random fear that it might. I can't fucking believe that America hasn't managed to keep Christianity out of its laws this day and age. It's absolutely appalling, and yes, fit for a fucking 3rd world government, and not a very good one at that.
    Good clarification, I agree. People can believe anything they want. But bringing their mythologies into government positions, and building laws around it goes too far. 

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    care to guess how many of these states passing restrictive abortion laws have the death penalty?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jeffbr said:

*CHILLS*
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    All the females should move out of the state...
    The irony of that is that there are plenty of women out there that are completely anti-abortion.  Not really a male vs female issue.
    It is 100% a male vs female issue, because it is almost all male politicians who are dictating what women do with their bodies, which makes me sick to my stomach. Of course there are women out there who are strictly anti-abortion. Thank goodness nobody is forcing them to have abortions! But my point is that if it weren't for men, there is no fucking way in hell abortion laws would be getting challenged. And FWIW, any woman who is for this kind of government control over women's bodies, no matter how they feel about abortion, IS a fucking fool in the extreme. At best.
    Maybe not 100% male vs female, but I digress.  It is currently in the hands of female governor Kay Ivey, so we’ll see what happens.  I really don’t know much about her and her view on the subject, and really don’t have the time to look into it.
    She's very anti-choice, and is very likely to sign the bill.
    So 100% female vs female at this point in the state?  Interesting...
    This never would have hit her desk if it weren't for men. The abortion debate would literally be dead in America if it weren't for men (or if men were the ones who got pregnant). That is the point I already made.
    And she is, btw, and fucking piece of shit, clearly.
    Interesting logic, ha. I guess it could also be said that if there were no men, there would be no abortions.  I guess I’m just not looking at this from such a man hater perspective.
    I'm not even remotely close to being a man hater. But I am not surprised you defaulted to that, judging from your general attitude on the subject. Honestly, I think your defensiveness is causing you to literally not even grasp most the concepts involved when it comes to this topic.
    Well that’s quite the remarkable analysis there..../s. Honestly, I expected nothing more than the typical poorly constructed put down.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    All the females should move out of the state...
    The irony of that is that there are plenty of women out there that are completely anti-abortion.  Not really a male vs female issue.
    It is 100% a male vs female issue, because it is almost all male politicians who are dictating what women do with their bodies, which makes me sick to my stomach. Of course there are women out there who are strictly anti-abortion. Thank goodness nobody is forcing them to have abortions! But my point is that if it weren't for men, there is no fucking way in hell abortion laws would be getting challenged. And FWIW, any woman who is for this kind of government control over women's bodies, no matter how they feel about abortion, IS a fucking fool in the extreme. At best.
    Maybe not 100% male vs female, but I digress.  It is currently in the hands of female governor Kay Ivey, so we’ll see what happens.  I really don’t know much about her and her view on the subject, and really don’t have the time to look into it.
    She's very anti-choice, and is very likely to sign the bill.
    So 100% female vs female at this point in the state?  Interesting...
    This never would have hit her desk if it weren't for men. The abortion debate would literally be dead in America if it weren't for men (or if men were the ones who got pregnant). That is the point I already made.
    And she is, btw, and fucking piece of shit, clearly.
    Interesting logic, ha. I guess it could also be said that if there were no men, there would be no abortions.  I guess I’m just not looking at this from such a man hater perspective.
    I'm not even remotely close to being a man hater. But I am not surprised you defaulted to that, judging from your general attitude on the subject. Honestly, I think your defensiveness is causing you to literally not even grasp most the concepts involved when it comes to this topic.
    Well that’s quite the remarkable analysis there..../s. Honestly, I expected nothing more than the typical poorly constructed put down.
    An argument that rests on a premise of man hating doesn’t really warrant any more in-depth response. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Makes sense since the GOP loves people, cares about education, healthcare, gun violence, war, immigrants, the poor etc.  falls in line how much they just cherish life.

Love the unborn, Hate the born
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    These bans are ridiculous. So is the notion that you must be religious to be more in the pro-life arena.

The whole topic is sad. For or against. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Pat Robertson says Alabama’s abortion law is extreme and has “gone too far”
    https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/alabama-abortion-bill/index.html

Televangelist Pat Robertson said he thinks Alabama went "too far" with a controversial abortion bill that could punish doctors who perform abortions with life in prison.

"I think Alabama has gone too far," he said Wednesday during an episode of "The 700 Club." "There's no exception for rape or incest. It's an extreme law and they want to challenge Roe v. Wade."
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    The old bat signed the bill !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    The old bat signed the bill !
    Sad fucking day. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Smellyman said:
    Makes sense since the GOP loves people, cares about education, healthcare, gun violence, war, immigrants, the poor etc.  falls in line how much they just cherish life.

Love the unborn, Hate the born
    “Life begins at conception.  So while you were just born, you’re really nine months old.  Get a fucking job, freeloader.”
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    hedonist said:
    "Hosts".

Disgusting.
    Ummmm others have referred to unborn babies as “parasites”. This is what happens when you use stupid language to discus an important topic. It’s all very disgusting.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    So fucked up.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    It’s all part of the MAGA plan.

People with the means (aka $) will always be able to get safe abortions, but people without the means will not. 

If you think this is about morality, I have some waterfront property in Florida to sell you.  
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Abused 12-Year-Old Alabama Girl Doesn’t Think She Can Handle Being A Mom On Top Of Everything Else

MONTGOMERY, AL—Conveying her concerns that the additional obstacles presented by parenthood would be too much to bear, 12-year-old abuse survivor Abigail Dunn was reportedly worried Wednesday that she wouldn’t be able to handle being a mom on top of everything else she had going on. “I have several book reports and a big algebra test coming up in the next few weeks, and I had even been thinking about trying out for my school’s chorus, but giving birth and caring for an infant is going to really cut into my studying time,” said the seventh-grader, who acknowledged that the intense feelings of shame and fear associated with trauma had already placed her significantly behind her peers and added that there would likely be even greater challenges to raising the offspring of the man who attacked her. “This year has been hard in a lot of ways. We had to move to a new neighborhood, and my family life has been very, very bad, especially recently. My relationship with my stepdad is pretty much a nightmare. I wish I were responsible enough to look after a baby, but I’m just so scared that I won’t be. I’m really sorry.” At press time, Dunn had expressed hope that her unborn child would be friends with the babies of all her fellow pregnant classmates. 
    dignin said:

Abused 12-Year-Old Alabama Girl Doesn’t Think She Can Handle Being A Mom On Top Of Everything Else

MONTGOMERY, AL—Conveying her concerns that the additional obstacles presented by parenthood would be too much to bear, 12-year-old abuse survivor Abigail Dunn was reportedly worried Wednesday that she wouldn’t be able to handle being a mom on top of everything else she had going on. “I have several book reports and a big algebra test coming up in the next few weeks, and I had even been thinking about trying out for my school’s chorus, but giving birth and caring for an infant is going to really cut into my studying time,” said the seventh-grader, who acknowledged that the intense feelings of shame and fear associated with trauma had already placed her significantly behind her peers and added that there would likely be even greater challenges to raising the offspring of the man who attacked her. “This year has been hard in a lot of ways. We had to move to a new neighborhood, and my family life has been very, very bad, especially recently. My relationship with my stepdad is pretty much a nightmare. I wish I were responsible enough to look after a baby, but I’m just so scared that I won’t be. I’m really sorry.” At press time, Dunn had expressed hope that her unborn child would be friends with the babies of all her fellow pregnant classmates. 
    good god. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

jeffbr said:

Brilliant. 
    edited May 2019
    dignin said:

good god. 
    should have clicked the link. HAHA
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:

good god. 
    It's there, and the website name starts with an O which tells you something. But that is what it great about that site. Gets right to the heart of some of these issues. Just close enough to reality to be both crazy and possible.
    jeffbr said:
    dignin said:

good god. 
    It's there, and the website name starts with an O which tells you something. But that is what it great about that site. Gets right to the heart of some of these issues. Just close enough to reality to be both crazy and possible.
    I know it is. I just didn't click on it. Another lesson learned. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

jeffbr said:
    dignin said:

good god. 
    Well, who hasn't believed an Onion piece for some period of time? lol. That's what I meant by just close enough to reality, but just the other side of crazy. Unfortunately, crazy and reality are currently overlapping, so it's getting even harder!
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    dignin said:

good god. 
    Well, who hasn't believed an Onion piece for some period of time? lol. That's what I meant by just close enough to reality, but just the other side of crazy. Unfortunately, crazy and reality are currently overlapping, so it's getting even harder!
    it seemed a bit odd, but I trusted dignin enough not to worry about clicking on the link. I mean, the last sentence seemed like satire, but I thought maybe she is just really immature? but the rest seemed believable enough, as you said. not all onion articles are over the top. 

yeah, prior to me knowing what the onion was, I'm sure I believed an article or two from there. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Woman Walking Alone At Night Picks Up Pace After Spotting Truck Full Of Alabama Lawmakers Slowly Following Her

MONTGOMERY, AL—Quickening her pace as the vehicle flashed its brights, Alabama woman Alison Kyles, 29, reportedly hurried towards home Thursday after spotting a pickup truck full of Alabama lawmakers slowly following her. “At first, I thought I was just being paranoid when I saw that old Chevy full of state legislators creeping along behind me a few blocks back, but then they turned down the same alleyway as me and I started to panic,” said Kyles, who glanced over her shoulder in visible distress as she heard Senator Clyde Chambliss repeatedly revving the truck’s engine. “They’re clearly riled up after a day of legislating and are just out to cause some trouble. Oh, God, I think that’s Del Marsh leaning out of the passenger window and trying to holler something at me. Christ, I’m just going to keep my head down and hope all of them pass me by.” At press time, Kyles had broken into a full-on sprint after realizing in horror that she had accidentally turned onto the street directly in front of the Alabama State House.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    dignin said:

good god. 
    Yeah, sorry. I should have made that more clear.
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

good god. 
    Yeah, sorry. I should have made that more clear.
    meh. the link was there. my mistake. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    As a pro life person, I am going to give insight on why in pro life. 

I respect everyones views views and understand why people feel the way they do. So please, no name calling and what not. It’s not useful. 

I will I’ll preface by saying I am not religious, and I am also against the death penalty. 

The abortion issue is something that took me a lot of reading and time to fall into my stance. I base it fully on science. 

From what I can gather, the only point upon the growth of a human that is fully individual is the creation of unique DNA which happens at conception. 

It is is its own being, growing inside of another being. I know the baby relies on the mother, but I relied on mine until I was almost 20 years old, outside of her belly. 

I just don’t think any human should have a say in another humans death, from conception to death regardless of any crime committed. 

I dont think men men or women should have any right to end a life. And based on science I think life begins at conception. 

Just my input. I have no ill will towards the other side of the argument. I’m not a hate filled person. I just researched and came to a conclusion. 

I think its also also important to remember that there are millions of pro life people in the US, many of which are women as well. 

And this is totally friendly. I have been along side many of you at shows and waiting in long lines and I’ve always gotten along great with this community.