• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    The CHEIF says so!

It's a tough word. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Whats a Cheif???
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Whats a Cheif???
    A Cheif is a leader chosen by God to rule the people. Interestingly enough, an individual holding the title of “Cheif” is the only one permitted to conjure the covfefe.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Wouldn't it be great to have a Surprise Spelling Bee instead of a Presidential Debate? Just once.
    Wouldn't it be great to have a Surprise Spelling Bee instead of a Presidential Debate? Just once.
    I don’t know. I’m a pretty terrible speller.... and make a lot of typos too. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    I'm not a great speller, either. And I recall hearing that spelling ability is not a sign of intelligence (glad to hear it).

That said, when you're the president (just like at my job, where communication is key), you need to do better and proofread...even when tweeting, which seems to be his preferred way to communicate with the world.  

As as aside, wouldn't auto-correct catch "cheif?"  Maybe it did and he decided that his gut knows better than his phone.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    OnWis97 said:
    I'm not a great speller, either. And I recall hearing that spelling ability is not a sign of intelligence (glad to hear it).

That said, when you're the president (just like at my job, where communication is key), you need to do better and proofread...even when tweeting, which seems to be his preferred way to communicate with the world.  

As as aside, wouldn't auto-correct catch "cheif?"  Maybe it did and he decided that his gut knows better than his phone.
    Yeah, when you're president......or maybe when you're a secretary of a small office, or when you're a sales person at an insurance company, or when you're a fucking fifth grader handing in a paper.

Obviously this is minor stuff to complain about. But he's literally the most important messenger on the planet and he's constantly doing shit like this. It's embarrassing and, no matter how long it's been happening, it should never be normalized. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    I don't think you would be invited to that Surprise Spelling Bee though...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    OnWis97 said:

Yeah, when you're president......or maybe when you're a secretary of a small office, or when you're a sales person at an insurance company, or when you're a fucking fifth grader handing in a paper.

Obviously this is minor stuff to complain about. But he's literally the most important messenger on the planet and he's constantly doing shit like this. It's embarrassing and, no matter how long it's been happening, it should never be normalized. 
    I before E except after C or when sounded like A as in neighbor and weigh.  Learned that in grammar school. Didn't he go to the best schools and have the best brain? I'm just a lowly liberal so how could I possibly possess knowledge that the supreme leader obviously does not?? Makes no sense!! Maybe it was a sign to Q. That's the explanation......
    I like it!! I was in a statewide spelling bee and still remember the moment I said the wrong letter and was out. I think that proper grammar and spelling are important for everyone, but especially for someone who issues official Presidential notices from his phone. I still can't believe he is able to use his phone like this. I remember Obama having to give up his Blackberry and they gave it back to him with limited function and SECURE. When he finished his 8 years, he got a smartphone and had to catch up on technology. 

He doesn't tweet responsibly so he should lose his tweeting privileges. But he is King so no one can tell him what to do. Or to eat a salad occasionally. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    Listening to representative Gerry Connolly describe Congress’ power to issue subpoenas and what they can do to enforce them if they’re refused. The way around CYA Barr is to go before a judge, all the committees have lawyers assigned to them, and ask a judge to enforce their legally issued subpoena. If the court agrees, the subpoenaed individual or entity is legally obligated to appear. If they refuse, the court can hold them in criminal contempt and issue a warrant for their arrest.

The other way is for Congress to issue their own arrest warrant and have the individual arrested and held until they appear before congress. It’s rarely used but is a constitutional right of congress and has withstood court challenges in the past. Team Trump Treason and his ilk are fucking with the wrong congress. This ain’t no Night Rider Nunes congress.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm ready to charge the foxhole with Halifax!!! 

my2hands said:
    I'm ready to charge the foxhole with Halifax!!! 

i'm all in on this one too. Contempt of Congress makes for strange bedfellows. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    Listening to representative Gerry Connolly describe Congress’ power to issue subpoenas and what they can do to enforce them if they’re refused. The way around CYA Barr is to go before a judge, all the committees have lawyers assigned to them, and ask a judge to enforce their legally issued subpoena. If the court agrees, the subpoenaed individual or entity is legally obligated to appear. If they refuse, the court can hold them in criminal contempt and issue a warrant for their arrest.

The other way is for Congress to issue their own arrest warrant and have the individual arrested and held until they appear before congress. It’s rarely used but is a constitutional right of congress and has withstood court challenges in the past. Team Trump Treason and his ilk are fucking with the wrong congress. This ain’t no Night Rider Nunes congress.
    Good research.  We're getting into uncharted territory.  I was worried that it should be DOJ lawyers which is useless. 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

amen brother

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018

But you don;t know shit about it cause you aint 'merican.  

hippiemom = goodness
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    edited April 2019
    ikiT said:

amen brother

It's Backwards Fredagsmys!

NOTIFICATION OF EDIT IN FULL COMPLIANCE: I spelled Fredagsmys wrong
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    njnancy said:
    I like it!! I was in a statewide spelling bee and still remember the moment I said the wrong letter and was out. I think that proper grammar and spelling are important for everyone, but especially for someone who issues official Presidential notices from his phone. I still can't believe he is able to use his phone like this. I remember Obama having to give up his Blackberry and they gave it back to him with limited function and SECURE. When he finished his 8 years, he got a smartphone and had to catch up on technology. 

He doesn't tweet responsibly so he should lose his tweeting privileges. But he is King so no one can tell him what to do. Or to eat a salad occasionally. 
    I remember the word I missed. Made it past the classroom, got to third place in the school, and misspelled jamboree. I had never heard that word before then...dammit! You made it to the statewide spelling bee? :bow:
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    vaggar99 said:
    my tomato plants are more intelligent than Trump and his cult fucks.
    probably tastes a helluva letter better too.  and awesome on hamberders
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    njnancy said:

I remember the word I missed. Made it past the classroom, got to third place in the school, and misspelled jamboree. I had never heard that word before then...dammit! You made it to the statewide spelling bee? :bow:
    Yup. I was about 6th or 7th grade. My word was primitive. It was too easy and I rushed and said P R I M  A and my heart sank. 
    Jason Batemans first -- I believe -- movie as director was about a spelling bee contest.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Jason Batemans first -- I believe -- movie as director was about a spelling bee contest.
    That's not a bad movie.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    That's not a bad movie.
    I have a hard time remembering it. But I remember seeing it because for some reason I was a little bit proud of Jason Batemen directing. Guess I have a little crush on him.

Seen Game Night by the way? If you like Jason Bateman and great comedies - it's worthy a watch.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    PJ_Soul said:
    That's not a bad movie.
    I have a hard time remembering it. But I remember seeing it because for some reason I was a little bit proud of Jason Batemen directing. Guess I have a little crush on him.

Seen Game Night by the way? If you like Jason Bateman and great comedies - it's worthy a watch.
    Who doesn't have a little crush on Jason Bateman, amiright?

I don't think I have seen Game Night - I'll check it out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    That's not a bad movie.

he's awkwardly charming, and I find it really odd how famous he is, considering his acting is pretty much identical no matter the character or role. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    OnWis97 said:

the former first lady is pretty close to that, wouldn't you say? I mean, painting all divorced dads in a negative light isn't worth mentioning, but transposing an I for an E is?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    That's not a bad movie.

he's awkwardly charming, and I find it really odd how famous he is, considering his acting is pretty much identical no matter the character or role. 
    Yes. And he always have the same haircut and pretty much always wear a white shirt. Haha. 

THE JASON BATEMAN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
    HEY WHERE'S MITT ROMNEY AT?!?!

Fmr Prosecutor: Mueller Revealed 9 Incidents Of Obstruction 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIO39YsrWdg

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    That's not a bad movie.

Yes. And he always have the same haircut and pretty much always wear a white shirt. Haha. 

THE JASON BATEMAN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
    Was that the documentary about a bunch of different kids insanely preparing for the national spelling bee? If so that was really good. Only other spelling bee movie I can think of is Akellah and the Bee, which wasn't a doc. 

Jason Bateman and Nathan Fillion remind me of each other.  They both have the same type of awkward charm - though Jason is more so and Nathan was in Firefly so he is cooler. 
This discussion has been closed.