Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Sigh

"Two family members and a longtime friend said that Brock’s political views had grown increasingly radical in recent years. Bill Leake, who flew with Brock in the Air Force for a decade, said that he had distanced himself from Brock. “I don’t contact him anymore ’cause he’s gotten extreme,” Leake told me. In recent years, Brock had become an increasingly committed supporter of Donald Trump, frequently wearing a Make America Great Again hat. In the days leading up to the siege of the Capitol, Brock had posted to social media about his plans to travel to Washington, D.C., to participate in Trump’s “Save America” rally. Brock’s family members said that he called himself a patriot, and that his expressions of that identity had become increasingly strident. One recalled “weird rage talk, basically, saying he’s willing to get in trouble to defend what he thinks is right, which is Trump being the President, I guess.” Both family members said that Brock had made racist remarks in their presence and that they believed white-supremacist views may have contributed to his motivations."
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    That's sad and I struggle to understand how and why.
    PLEASE look...I'd just like to suggest that spreading some love and laughs around today would be a very good thing.
    Big hugs to all.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Kat said:
    PLEASE look...I'd just like to suggest that spreading some love and laughs around today would be a very good thing.
    Big hugs to all.

No room for love on the Trump thread.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Turning off his twitter wasn't enough.  What they should do is cut the electricity into the WH at 3 am and go in there and drag his ass OUT.  That was a fucking act of war and he gotta GO.  TODAY

What a POS.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Seeing these individuals with background stories and estranged friends and family highlights how these people have been radicalized 

It's poison 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    That was an attempted coup DIRECTED by that loser.  It couldn't be more Illegal.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    MayDay10 said:
    Seeing these individuals with background stories and estranged friends and family highlights how these people have been radicalized 

It's poison 
    It is.  And as much as I blame them,  I also feel sorry for them. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    edited January 2021

Oh, sweet summerchild if you believe that last sentence to be correct. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Another one arrested.  But he's so so sorry, biggest mistake of his life.  Give me a break.  Actions have consequences.
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-supporting-chicago-ceo-arrested-134126225.html
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,785
    That's the thing, of course they're not sorry for anything other than for being caught. They've been poisoned into thinking they can let their inside voices be spoken out loud while giving into their worst instincts. It's gross.

Where's that dude who thinks this is some free form of expression? That ended the second they broke and entered. These are the people, as it goes, that work forces while also burning crosses.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    I’ve been out camping for the last few days. What’s this thing going on with trump?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    mcgruff10 said:
    They got the guy with the zip ties.  https://apple.news/AYeM7cEfxQs6SNvjJILH3Og
    Good traitor too fucking veteran to boot! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    And another one: 

Police arrest Florida man caught on camera carrying Pelosi’s lectern during Capitol riot
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-arrest-florida-man-caught-122004718.html

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969

Interesting thread...I'm really curious about how all of this unfolded.  What happened behind the scenes at the WH and Dept of Defense that we aren't privy to yet?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    brianlux said:
    There's been a lot of talk about "censorship" on Twitter, FaceBook, Simon and Schuster.  Blocking someone who incites rioting and invasion of the Capitol is not censorship.   A publishing company refusing to publish certain material is not censorship.  I wish these far right wingers would educate themselves instead of making their false claims. 
    They literally want government to force private companies to be forced to share anything from anyone.  Free speech.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    ikiT said:
    Turning off his twitter wasn't enough.  What they should do is cut the electricity into the WH at 3 am and go in there and drag his ass OUT.  That was a fucking act of war and he gotta GO.  TODAY

What a POS.
    Some people are starting to put together the timing of Trump’s tweets about Pence with the break-ins and while we’re a long long way from proof, I kind of think Trump ordered prince to be killed and or kidnapped. For a while I thought about how disjointed this whole thing was as it’s dominated by a bunch of jackasses who are just having fun taking photos of themselves etc. But some of the more stealth guys caring zip lines? They may have been using the jackasses as cover for actual missions. And I wouldn’t be shocked if that came from the Trump family.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's poison 
    I read a background story in the Post this morning on the woman who got killed.  Classic bi-polar behavior/symptoms described by the people who knew her. It's a shame people don't recognize symptoms of mental health issues and intervene. We have to get better at this. 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,785
    edited January 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's poison 
    I read a background story in the Post this morning on the woman who got killed.  Classic bi-polar behavior/symptoms described by the people who knew her. It's a shame people don't recognize symptoms of mental health issues and intervene. We have to get better at this. 
    We also prop up a system that doesn't address nor treat mental health adequately. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    According to Mother Jones, if Trump gets impeached & convicted, he loses his post presidency perks. 

Including not be allowed to run for president again which would be great.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Kat said:
    Big hugs to all.

What the world needs now!
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    Big hugs to all.

No room for love on the Trump thread.
    Really?

Love and only love will endure/
    Hate is everything you think it is.
    -Neil Young

There's always room for love.  I'm sorry if you don't feel that way.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    bury trump and trumpism in a shallow grave in the rose garden that melania tried to renovate but fucked up last summer.

it is the only fitting end to this chapter.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    chewbacca bikini guy has been arrested in AZ. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

• Options
    trump is probably going to give him the medal of freedom by the end of the weekend.

• Options
    bury trump and trumpism in a shallow grave in the rose garden that melania tried to renovate but fucked up last summer.

it is the only fitting end to this chapter.

Only problem with that is, the only thing that would ever grow again there would be noxious weeds.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    what's the tradition of the new president hanging the outgoing prez's pic on the wall in the WH? is it a painting? or just a blown up pic? I want to see video of Biden hanging Obama's pic. 

and trump's pic should never, ever be hung. 

unless it's over a toilet in the basement. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.