*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Nice fucking win. Joe Harris looks a little gassed chasing JJ around.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Curtains. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    let's finish this on tuesday
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    So they've tried hack a Ben and cheap shots, what could be next? Hope we refrain from the next fracas.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    the boo Simmons crowd has been pretty quiet for the last week.  i imagine when they lose their next game and/or series they will be back.

i still find the NBA highly unwatchable compared to the college game.  i guess part of it is that the best teams almost never lose a series in the NBA which makes it rather uninteresting.
    JK_Livin said:
    So they've tried hack a Ben and cheap shots, what could be next? Hope we refrain from the next fracas.
    Another cheap shot on Jo to force another flagrant foul? If he gets one more, doesn’t he get suspended?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:
    Another cheap shot on Jo to force another flagrant foul? If he gets one more, doesn’t he get suspended?
    It's a total of 4 flagrant points gets 1 game, so 2 more F1's or 1 F2.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Now it's the refs fault. What is next, the lighting in the arena or how far of a drive it is to Philly? 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    JK_Livin said:
    Are you suggesting the first flagrant from game 2 was due to an opponet's cheap shot? I guess Allen putting his face in front of Embiid's elbow and forcing him to swing it with a Jedi mind trick is pretty cheap.

But yeah as JK_livin said, he has 2 more elbows before he is suspended (unless one is deemed a flagrant 2 which that first one should have been), so likely he'll get his suspension for game 1 or 2 of the ECF against the Celtics.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Are you suggesting the first flagrant from game 2 was due to an opponet's cheap shot? I guess Allen putting his face in front of Embiid's elbow and forcing him to swing it with a Jedi mind trick is pretty cheap.

But yeah as JK_livin said, he has 2 more elbows before he is suspended (unless one is deemed a flagrant 2 which that first one should have been), so likely he'll get his suspension for game 1 or 2 of the ECF against the Celtics.
    Do you think the 2nd F1 was flagrant? I don't think Dudley and Butler should've been ejected. It's the playoffs and they're ejected for slight shoves?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:

Do you think the 2nd F1 was flagrant? I don't think Dudley and Butler should've been ejected. It's the playoffs and they're ejected for slight shoves?
    The refs f'ed that whole situation up eight ways to Sunday. Really should have been just a separate the guys, warn both benches that next similar action gets a T and move on, but the league is way too soft now.
    So Embiid is where he belongs with 2 flagrant points, should have gotten a 2 for the elbow in game 2 and none for the other one.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    First time since the ‘00 and ‘01 seasons we’ve made it to the second round in consecutive years. Onward/upward

chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    your boys looked good. toronto, next?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Can't wait for the 2nd round to start in 2 weeks.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Can't wait for the 2nd round to start in 2 weeks.
    I have Phils tix for Saturday but, of course, I am hearing that is when game 1 will likely be as well. Really hope it's Sunday instead....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    First time since the ‘00 and ‘01 seasons we’ve made it to the second round in consecutive years. Onward/upward

the process of rebuilding notre dame cathedral won't be as long as this process.  the process wasn't put in place to win round 1.  it was to compete for Championships...TBD.
    pjhawks said:

the process of rebuilding notre dame cathedral won't be as long as this process.  the process wasn't put in place to win round 1.  it was to compete for Championships...TBD.
    They have a team that can compete for a championship right now. That is literally what they went through the process for. It already worked.

And really, it only took 3 years of horrible basketball to get us here. How long have the Flyers sucked for? The Phillies haven't won a playoff game in 8 years. The Eagles went 9 years without winning a playoff game before their Super Bowl.

Three years was nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

TTP
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

They have a team that can compete for a championship right now. That is literally what they went through the process for. It already worked.

And really, it only took 3 years of horrible basketball to get us here. How long have the Flyers sucked for? The Phillies haven't won a playoff game in 8 years. The Eagles went 9 years without winning a playoff game before their Super Bowl.

TTP
    what?  Hinkie was hired in 2013.  2019-2013 is not 3 big guy.  And let's let them get to a conference championship round first before you can say they can compete for a championship.  they are closer then they have been in a long time for sure but remember a week ago one guy wanted to boo Simmons (and you sort of agreed in your roundabout don't take a stand kind of way).  Looking forward to see how they compete against Toronto.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

TTP
    what?  Hinkie was hired in 2013.  2019-2013 is not 3 big guy.  And let's let them get to a conference championship round first before you can say they can compete for a championship.  they are closer then they have been in a long time for sure but remember a week ago one guy wanted to boo Simmons (and you sort of agreed in your roundabout don't take a stand kind of way).  Looking forward to see how they compete against Toronto.
    The first year was the '13/'14 season. So they tanked in that year, and then in 15/16 and 16/17. Three years.
    The next year they had bad luck with Simmons and Embiid getting hurt.
    In the two years since they've had their first back to back 2nd round appearance and 50 win seasons in almost twenty years. The tank lasted 3 years--way less than the recent droughts of all the other teams in this city

And no I didn't agree with him. I made a joke about his lack of a jumper. What does booing someone have to do with any of this anyway? I don't give a shit if people get booed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited April 2019
    Actually, I stand corrected. The last time they had back to back 50 win seasons was in the '84-'85 and '85-'86 seasons. 33 years ago.

Yeah, three years was too long to tank! Riiight. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

TTP
    The first year was the '13/'14 season. So they tanked in that year, and then in 15/16 and 16/17. Three years.
    In the two years since they've had their first back to back 2nd round appearance and 50 win seasons in almost twenty years. The tank lasted 3 years--way less than the recent droughts of all the other teams in this city

And no I didn't agree with him. I made a joke about his lack of a jumper. What does booing someone have to do with any of this anyway? I don't give a shit if people get booed. 
    Beat Toronto and i'll start to believe they are close to competing for a championship. not that they would beat the Warriors but I doubt anyone is doing that anyway.  Honestly I don't think they can win a title with this bench this year and Embiid's spotty availability.  
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

TTP

Beat Toronto and i'll start to believe they are close to competing for a championship. not that they would beat the Warriors but I doubt anyone is doing that anyway.  Honestly I don't think they can win a title with this bench this year and Embiid's spotty availability.  
    The bench needs to be upgraded this summer. They obviously sacrificed a little there for the starting five, which is one of the best in the entire league. Hopefully they can find some veteran ring chasers to come in here in the summer and they draft well. 

Beating Toronto would be fantastic. But even if they don't, the point is they are competing for a championship at this point. Toronto is a really good team. There would be no shame in losing to them unless they get swept in embarrassing fashion or something. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    It should be a close/fun series. Sixers have a  decent shot at winning i think
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

TTP

pjhawks said:
    the boo Simmons crowd has been pretty quiet for the last week.  i imagine when they lose their next game and/or series they will be back.

i still find the NBA highly unwatchable compared to the college game.  i guess part of it is that the best teams almost never lose a series in the NBA which makes it rather uninteresting.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited April 2019
    Anyone still ripping or questioning the process is a moron.  Rebuilding in the nba is much more difficult than it is in other sports due to how the salary cap is structured.  Hinkie was a genius and his plan worked -- got them out of the endless cycle of mediocrity that idiots like larry brown, doug collins, ed stefanski, billy king, and fucking rod thorn - what a bunch of dipshits - created.  they were going nowhere before hinkie rightfully tore it all down and rebuilt it from the ground up.  nba fucked the sixers and forced the colonjellos on us, and the sixers overcame those ass holes and have still created a roster that is a pseudo contender.  

Anyone who thinks college hoops is better than the nba is not very bright.  college hoops was great in the 90s and early 2000s, but has become worse than the nfl.  This year's tournament just the latest example, there were like 3 decent games and the most boring team ever won it all (i actually picked them in my bracket and won a bunch of money betting UVA but even that didn't make the boring ass games fun to watch).  I really hope the G-League continues to gain traction, because the one and done kids aren't going to continue to go to college.  If fat ass Zion would have torn his knee up when his shoe broke, college hoops would already be done.  It's inevitable unless the NBA transitions to the MLB draft rules (go into draft out of high school or play minimum 3 years in college before you can go into pro draft.  easiest solution ever but nerd boy adam silver is too busy looking like a white walker to figure this out.  what a fucking dork that guy is)

so happy to see TJ mcconnnell get glued to bench after game one of the nets series.  hopefully that's the end of him as his contract is up after this year.  if he sticks around as the mascot that's OK since that's what he should have been for the last 3 years.  Shake Milton all day

brett brown is the biggest weakness going into the raptors series.  and JJ Redick/boban (peace out to both this offseason).  I hope I'm wrong but I think sixers get worked and lose in 5.  Hopefully that leads to brown being canned (he should have been after the boston series last year - they should have made a run at budenholzer) and they hire someone like frank vogel (south jersey represent) to take this team to the next level.

my cut list in order - brett brown, TJ (stinks - but he can be the new mascot if they want to make him the new Big Shot, even though he can't shoot or do anything basketball related other than waive a towel on the bench), boban, redick.  pretty much all the white guys not in management should go.

as long as the celtics lose I'll be happy but I think they beat the overrated bucks.  I think toronto wins the east and gives pussy ass golden state all they can handle

Post edited by The Fixer on
    So no Michael Scott tonight. Big loss off the bench. Guy’s been playing well...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So no Michael Scott tonight. Big loss off the bench. Guy’s been playing well...
    Image result for michael scott no gif
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    hopefully they turn it around in game 2
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited April 2019
    The Fixer said:
    Anyone still ripping or questioning the process is a moron.  Rebuilding in the nba is much more difficult than it is in other sports due to how the salary cap is structured.  Hinkie was a genius and his plan worked -- got them out of the endless cycle of mediocrity that idiots like larry brown, doug collins, ed stefanski, billy king, and fucking rod thorn - what a bunch of dipshits - created.  they were going nowhere before hinkie rightfully tore it all down and rebuilt it from the ground up.  nba fucked the sixers and forced the colonjellos on us, and the sixers overcame those ass holes and have still created a roster that is a pseudo contender.  

Anyone who thinks college hoops is better than the nba is not very bright.  college hoops was great in the 90s and early 2000s, but has become worse than the nfl.  This year's tournament just the latest example, there were like 3 decent games and the most boring team ever won it all (i actually picked them in my bracket and won a bunch of money betting UVA but even that didn't make the boring ass games fun to watch).  I really hope the G-League continues to gain traction, because the one and done kids aren't going to continue to go to college.  If fat ass Zion would have torn his knee up when his shoe broke, college hoops would already be done.  It's inevitable unless the NBA transitions to the MLB draft rules (go into draft out of high school or play minimum 3 years in college before you can go into pro draft.  easiest solution ever but nerd boy adam silver is too busy looking like a white walker to figure this out.  what a fucking dork that guy is)

so happy to see TJ mcconnnell get glued to bench after game one of the nets series.  hopefully that's the end of him as his contract is up after this year.  if he sticks around as the mascot that's OK since that's what he should have been for the last 3 years.  Shake Milton all day

brett brown is the biggest weakness going into the raptors series.  and JJ Redick/boban (peace out to both this offseason).  I hope I'm wrong but I think sixers get worked and lose in 5.  Hopefully that leads to brown being canned (he should have been after the boston series last year - they should have made a run at budenholzer) and they hire someone like frank vogel (south jersey represent) to take this team to the next level.

my cut list in order - brett brown, TJ (stinks - but he can be the new mascot if they want to make him the new Big Shot, even though he can't shoot or do anything basketball related other than waive a towel on the bench), boban, redick.  pretty much all the white guys not in management should go.

as long as the celtics lose I'll be happy but I think they beat the overrated bucks.  I think toronto wins the east and gives pussy ass golden state all they can handle

except you know all the other top teams in the NBA not one actually tanked like the Sixers.

and i never said the college game was better, just more interesting. The NBA is boring as fuck.  It's so exciting having to hear piped in music during the play. it's like watching freakin indoor lacrosse.

I also find it funny how you rip PJ for doing covers...and the band you are posting about last album included....wait for it...cover songs. d'oh
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited April 2019
    I missed the 1st half due to travel but Jo and Jimmy need to show up to have any chance. Their best player was great, ours was awful.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer