*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    pjhawks said:
    Here's the Philadelphian in me: Boo Ben Simmons for eternity.
    ....or at least until he develops a jump shot?
    yea let's boo a guy who was rookie of the year and an all-star in his 2nd season (in probably the toughest league to be an all-star). these are the same morons who used to boo ryan howard. i love this town some times

yea he said something dumb after game 1 but at least he wasn't looking at a cell phone laughing on the bench.  
    Umm, yeah. I’m not the guy saying to boo him. I’m the guy who made a joke about his lack of a jump shot. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I don't think Ben was being directly boo'd at, the entire team was being boo'd by their obvious lack of effort.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:
    Here's the Philadelphian in me: Boo Ben Simmons for eternity.
    ....or at least until he develops a jump shot?
    yea let's boo a guy who was rookie of the year and an all-star in his 2nd season (in probably the toughest league to be an all-star). these are the same morons who used to boo ryan howard. i love this town some times

yea he said something dumb after game 1 but at least he wasn't looking at a cell phone laughing on the bench.  
    Umm, yeah. I’m not the guy saying to boo him. I’m the guy who made a joke about his lack of a jump shot. 

i'm aware. the quoting on this site sucks.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited April 2019
    JK_Livin said:
    I don't think Ben was being directly boo'd at, the entire team was being boo'd by their obvious lack of effort.
    Correct, but the entitled dipshit will surely be getting the boos directed at him next time around.
    This... is more like it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    This... is more like it. 
    yeah. Kinda funny Butler was pretty much the only one that showed up in game 1 and in game 2 everyone else showed up but him.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    This... is more like it. 
    yeah. Kinda funny Butler was pretty much the only one that showed up in game 1 and in game 2 everyone else showed up but him.
    One of Ben’s better games of his career. The defense, especially, was fantastic. I just wish he was this aggressive every night. Hopefully he will be throughout the rest of the playoffs. 

Overall, I thought the team passing was really good. Offense really flowed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    That was better.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Fuck the fucking sixers. Went to the game, ended up a Delilah’s and 700 club until 3:30. Spent $500. Glasses are gone. Phone is broken
    Update.  Went to pay my credit card bill today and there is also a $300 charge on there from that evening.  hahahaha. What a night.
    pjhawks said:
    If they fuck up this first round then I think it's time to hook Brown.
    It’s unfortunate for Brown because he should get another year to work with this lineup. They’ve only been on the court for ten games so far. But I think if they don’t make it to the ECF, they’re going to need a scapegoat. A first round loss? Yeah definitely. The Nets always give them problems but there’s just too much talent to lose to them though, even if Jo misses a couple games. 
    agree, i mean who could have foreseen Embiid having to miss a bunch of games in his career due to injuries :confused:

the only good that might come out of an early loss and Brown being fired is they take Jay Wright away from nova.
    You said he would never be healthy.

I’m on record as saying I’d keep him on a minutes restriction and give him rest days for his entire career. No back to backs ever, mostly.   Gotta preserve this guys health as long as possible.  

At one point early in the season I think he was leading the league in minutes played. No need for that. 

Either way, it’s not just Embiid I was talking about. Butler missed a bunch of time too. They have not had much time to develop chemistry yet. 

And Jay’s not going anywhere. He has his dream job already.  
    Juggler thought you'd find this interesting.  take the numbers anyway you please.  from today's Inquirer

"Including playoff games, Embiid entered Monday night having played 167 of a possible 421 games, or a little more than 40 percent. He played with a minutes restriction in at least 25 percent of those 167 games."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Fuck the fucking sixers. Went to the game, ended up a Delilah’s and 700 club until 3:30. Spent $500. Glasses are gone. Phone is broken
    Update.  Went to pay my credit card bill today and there is also a $300 charge on there from that evening.  hahahaha. What a night.

degenerate.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited April 2019
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    It’s unfortunate for Brown because he should get another year to work with this lineup. They’ve only been on the court for ten games so far. But I think if they don’t make it to the ECF, they’re going to need a scapegoat. A first round loss? Yeah definitely. The Nets always give them problems but there’s just too much talent to lose to them though, even if Jo misses a couple games. 
    agree, i mean who could have foreseen Embiid having to miss a bunch of games in his career due to injuries :confused:

the only good that might come out of an early loss and Brown being fired is they take Jay Wright away from nova.

I’m on record as saying I’d keep him on a minutes restriction and give him rest days for his entire career. No back to backs ever, mostly.   Gotta preserve this guys health as long as possible.  

At one point early in the season I think he was leading the league in minutes played. No need for that. 

Either way, it’s not just Embiid I was talking about. Butler missed a bunch of time too. They have not had much time to develop chemistry yet. 

Juggler thought you'd find this interesting.  take the numbers anyway you please.  from today's Inquirer

"Including playoff games, Embiid entered Monday night having played 167 of a possible 421 games, or a little more than 40 percent. He played with a minutes restriction in at least 25 percent of those 167 games."
    Why would you include the first two season when he was not healthy and did not play? They knew he was going to miss a season or two when they drafted him. Stupid quote/stat. Skip Bayless maybe?

63 and 64 games last two years and he's one of the best players in all of basketball right now. Sign me up for that any day of the week. You specifically said he would "never" be healthy and to not expect much of anything for his entire career. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5960394#Comment_5960394
    "and embiid will never be healthy. big man with bad feet (and bad attitude apparently) is a really bad combo. two surgeries already. forget anticipating any contribution from him and be thankful if you get anything at any point from him." - You, 2015. Spot on, as usual.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited April 2019
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Why would you include the first two season when he was not healthy and did not play? They knew he was going to miss a season or two when they drafted him. Stupid quote/stat. Skip Bayless maybe?

63 and 64 games last two years and he's one of the best players in all of basketball right now. Sign me up for that any day of the week. You specifically said he would "never" be healthy and to not expect much of anything for his entire career. 

"and embiid will never be healthy. big man with bad feet (and bad attitude apparently) is a really bad combo. two surgeries already. forget anticipating any contribution from him and be thankful if you get anything at any point from him." - You, 2015. Spot on, as usual.
    it's all good.  I thought they were interesting numbers is all.  interpret them anyway you choose as i said. 

Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

it's all good.  I thought they were interesting numbers is all.  interpret them anyway you choose as i said. 

Deceiving is the more appropriate word. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Trash and they just laid everyone off.
    Is it really breaking news that an NBA player missed a game because he was hung over? wouldn't that be the ultimate case of "load" management?

i guess it would be hard to chastise Simmons for paryting when one of your owners is out partying with him at times.  

I think it's a pretty safe bet Brown is out of here short of a conference finals appearance.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    pjhawks said:
     wouldn't that be the ultimate case of "load" management?

Who wouldn't need "load" management after a night with Kendall Jenner?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    pjhawks said:
    Is it really breaking news that an NBA player missed a game because he was hung over? wouldn't that be the ultimate case of "load" management?

i guess it would be hard to chastise Simmons for paryting when one of your owners is out partying with him at times.  

I think it's a pretty safe bet Brown is out of here short of a conference finals appearance.
    Hell of a cherry pick there.  I think the uncoachable comments and the fact that Brand wants to trade him is the bigger news, if it is true...
    edited April 2019
    pjhawks said:

Hell of a cherry pick there.  I think the uncoachable comments and the fact that Brand wants to trade him is the bigger news, if it is true...

well do you want me to comment on every line of the article? 

and eh most NBA stars are uncoachable. it's in their nature.  think LeBron took a lot of coaching from Tyron Lue or Luke Walton?  think Russell Westbrook listens to Billy Donovan much?

the only reason to possibly trade Simmons is if you think its a foregone conclusion he is signing elsewhere once he becomes a free agent. kind of dumb to trade a guy who was rookie of the year in year 1 and an All-Star in year 2.  But then again maybe Brand is just another dumb Duke GM like Billy King was.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    Well when said player can't shoot, I think you'd hope he listen to a coach.
    I'd be a lot more concerned about this if it came from Woj or a local guy like Bodner....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Well when said player can't shoot, I think you'd hope he listen to a coach.
    hoping an NBA star will listen to a coach is like hoping for a unicorn for Christmas.
    For the record, I am totally fine with him spending as much time with Magic as possible this summer to figure all that shit out. Some people are saying Magic will try and lure him to LA now that he's free to speak with him and stuff. Fuck that. He can't leave here for a while. Learn from the best.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    All I want that dipshit to be able to do is make a free throw consistently. That's it. He's never gaining a jumper, definitely never shooting 3s.
  • DeamonDeamon Posts: 153
    All I want that dipshit to be able to do is make a free throw consistently. That's it. He's never gaining a jumper, definitely never shooting 3s.
    How was that for you?
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
    Deamon said:
    How was that for you?
    He has been fantastic the last two games.

Game 1 may have been the best thing to ever happen to this team.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So the guy who wrote that article about all the turmoil within the Sixers the other day has been fired. Apparently he was uncooperative in sharing his source material. Lol

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/04/chris-sheridan-fired-daily-news.html
    chinese-happy.jpg