The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I used a 1/2 oz of flower ..
    1-decarb the flower
    2- infuse decarbed flower with either oil or butter I use coconut oil ..
    3-strain infused material just leaves you the butter or oil , butter you fridge it to solidify..
    Half oz yields about a cup of canna butter , made a pan of brownies total of 19 & 26 chocolates ..
    each is a single dose gets you really good buzz lasts for 3 plus hrs , you won’t have any desire to smoke...
    Wow, I just want to throw in ground up weed, lol. I have tried to use infused coconut oil once ($50 worth!) along with a bunch of straight weed and it was a complete failure. The only time an edible I made was successful was when I did NOT use infused oil or anything, and I just cut up some good weed and threw it into pancake mix, lol. Also, I think decarbing means concentrating it? .... Yeah, I'm too lazy for all that, lol. I guess I'll just keep smoking it! Thank you for the info. :)
    to explain jose's number 1: Decarboxylation is the process of burning off the extra component of THC, which is the A or acid at the end of THCA. Smoking it does this instantly (after drying and aging the weed, which also has this effect), which is why smoking gets us stoned. and why eating weed does very little, if anything. 
    But again, the only time edibles I made were effective was when I just threw in the weed. It got us SO high for hours and hours. So eating weed doesn't necessarily do very little.
    Not sure about this , my edibles are perfect dosage I always decarb my bud that im making butter with ..
    I even bought infused butter, and it still didn't work. I dunno..... I'll just wait until edibles hit the market I think, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    1-decarb the flower
    3-strain infused material just leaves you the butter or oil , butter you fridge it to solidify..
    Half oz yields about a cup of canna butter , made a pan of brownies total of 19 & 26 chocolates ..
    each is a single dose gets you really good buzz lasts for 3 plus hrs , you won’t have any desire to smoke...
    Wow, I just want to throw in ground up weed, lol. I have tried to use infused coconut oil once ($50 worth!) along with a bunch of straight weed and it was a complete failure. The only time an edible I made was successful was when I did NOT use infused oil or anything, and I just cut up some good weed and threw it into pancake mix, lol. Also, I think decarbing means concentrating it? .... Yeah, I'm too lazy for all that, lol. I guess I'll just keep smoking it! Thank you for the info. :)
    to explain jose's number 1: Decarboxylation is the process of burning off the extra component of THC, which is the A or acid at the end of THCA. Smoking it does this instantly (after drying and aging the weed, which also has this effect), which is why smoking gets us stoned. and why eating weed does very little, if anything. 
    But again, the only time edibles I made were effective was when I just threw in the weed. It got us SO high for hours and hours. So eating weed doesn't necessarily do very little.
    Not sure about this , my edibles are perfect dosage I always decarb my bud that im making butter with ..
    I even bought infused butter, and it still didn't work. I dunno..... I'll just wait until edibles hit the market I think, lol.
    Weird , It’s easy to make ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Decarbing is just baking at low temp before you make the butter. I've a slow cooker works great to make butter.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    Decarbing is just baking at low temp before you make the butter. I've a slow cooker works great to make butter.
    Yep easy process I’m always making butter I decarb using a decarboxilator I bought works really well set it and forget it lol ..
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    1-decarb the flower
    I had a similar experience.  I made a batch of weed brownies and ate one.  After an hour, nothing happened so I ate another.  About two minutes after eating the second one, the first one hit me like a ton of bricks.  And then a little over an hour later the second one kicked in and I was majorly sick and puking and completely wrecked.  I'd heard no one ever dies from pot and I thought, "Oh shit, there's always a first time".  A really bad experience! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    1-decarb the flower
    I had a similar experience.  I made a batch of weed brownies and ate one.  After an hour, nothing happened so I ate another.  About two minutes after eating the second one, the first one hit me like a ton of bricks.  And then a little over an hour later the second one kicked in and I was majorly sick and puking and completely wrecked.  I'd heard no one ever dies from pot and I thought, "Oh shit, there's always a first time".  A really bad experience! 
    Rule of thumb wait 90 minutes ..
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    1-decarb the flower
    My other rule of thumb if one doesn't heed Jose's advice - don't call 911. If you feel like you've had too much, hit the couch and wait it out. You'll be fine. It will pass! No need to call an ambulance. lol. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited March 2019
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    1-decarb the flower
    My other rule of thumb if one doesn't heed Jose's advice - don't call 911. If you feel like you've had too much, hit the couch and wait it out. You'll be fine. It will pass! No need to call an ambulance. lol. 
    Lol. Absolutely. You will NOT die. You only feel like you will, lol. Just ride it out, and never call 911... and if it's a friend flipping out, don't let them call 911 no matter how freaked out they are, lol. It's just a big waste of time and money. You'll be fine in a few hours.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    This happened to me a couple weeks back. I wasn’t close to calling 911 , but I was definitely fucked up and I knew it would pass. It was so bizarre. I was laying on my couch and my living room was my living room, but it just didn’t feel familiar. I don’t want to seem like I’m exaggerating, but I would close my eyes and wasn’t nessacarly seeing , but imagining like crazy patterns and colors. Another thing really weird was I heard the most crazy music in my head. It was a long long arrangement. Like a pattern of music. I just remember thinking to myself, If I was a musician I could write these notes and it would be the most amazing song ever. I didn’t recognize it so I wonder if it was something I maybe had heard before and just remembered like subconsciously, but it was weird because I was imagining this music in my head. I had listened to pj boots that day for the first time in a long time and wondered if that’s what maybe I was remembering, but it wasn’t a pj song. Pretty wild.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I've definitely had those hat-taker-off-ers and pace-around-the-house highs before.
    Hi! said:
    This happened to me a couple weeks back. I wasn’t close to calling 911 , but I was definitely fucked up and I knew it would pass. It was so bizarre. I was laying on my couch and my living room was my living room, but it just didn’t feel familiar. I don’t want to seem like I’m exaggerating, but I would close my eyes and wasn’t nessacarly seeing , but imagining like crazy patterns and colors. Another thing really weird was I heard the most crazy music in my head. It was a long long arrangement. Like a pattern of music. I just remember thinking to myself, If I was a musician I could write these notes and it would be the most amazing song ever. I didn’t recognize it so I wonder if it was something I maybe had heard before and just remembered like subconsciously, but it was weird because I was imagining this music in my head. I had listened to pj boots that day for the first time in a long time and wondered if that’s what maybe I was remembering, but it wasn’t a pj song. Pretty wild.
    That's wild!   I've had a similar experience or two with  dreams.  I dreamed I was playing these really cool songs and when I woke up, I wished I could both remember them and know how to write out the music.  But I've never had that happen after a smoke. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Today I’m trying a new way to dose my self https://ardentcannabis.com/sublingual-thc/
    Under your tongue it has to be decarbed weed to do it ..
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
    edited March 2019
    Today I’m trying a new way to dose my self https://ardentcannabis.com/sublingual-thc/
    That link is very informative, thank you... It actually made me want to buy that NOVA gadget. Maybe I will.... I like the no smell thing. I don't think I do this with my own oven because of the strong smell. I'm allowed to smoke weed in my building, but if it's that strong a smell that it reeks up the halls and can be smelled by all the neighbors, I wouldn't want to do that, not to mention that I don't want my home to smell like a grow-op, lol. Is the smell really as strong as that website says?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    That link is very informative, thank you... It actually made me want to buy that NOVA gadget. Maybe I will.... I like the no smell thing. I don't think I do this with my own oven because of the strong smell. I'm allowed to smoke weed in my building, but if it's that strong a smell that it reeks up the halls and can be smelled by all the neighbors, I wouldn't want to do that, not to mention that I don't want my home to smell like a grow-op, lol. Is the smell really as strong as that website says?
    I use my nova all the time works great no smell ..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    This is like a tincture, correct?  Let us know how it went.

There was an episode last night of Weediquette, where a man from Maine was removed from an organ list because of pot use.  That thought is personally frightening, and made me shake my head at how upside down some of the thinking in this country is.

Blonde keif = blonde hash 
    Blonde keif 
    Beautiful, Jose!
    jeffbr said:
    Beautiful, Jose!
    One day hopefully will get to toke up a bit with some good music !
    jeffbr said:
    Beautiful, Jose!
    One day hopefully will get to toke up a bit with some good music !
    Hope so, too!
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited April 2019
    TX was importing so much of it, someone is going to miss that cash cow!  Good to see a few things finally happening in TX on this front.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I’m fairly new to the edible game and I’ve talked a little about my experiences here. I was kind of on the fence, going between not really liking them and not sure. Well, I am here to say that I finally get it and I believe now that edibles are the way to go. I think the key is just finding out what dosage works for you. I have had some of the not so great experiences that everybody else talks about, but I think maybe I’m more tolerant to the high now and I know what dosage gives me a good high. I actually would eat edibles over smoking any time now. 100 mg edible sets me straight for like 4hrs. The high is much more consistent and slow. I don’t get burnt out like I would with smoking. Don’t get me wrong, you can take a killer nap on a edible, but I don’t feel like I get that instant high then come down that I would with smoking. It sets in slow and just maintains a nice even high for, like I said, 4 hrs. or so. I don’t jones for smoking weed when I’m on them either. I’ve been a smoker for over 20 yrs and I’m good on that when I’m on an edible. I got word on some tinctures, whatever that is. I’m hoping it’s the same kind of buzz without having to eat a sweet. Also, I love getting high and going for long hikes and edibles have really made that even more enjoyable. It’s crazy cause they basically just giving away pans of the fucking things, how can I say no? Lol.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

More than 10,300 Canadians lost their lives to opioids in less than 3 years

Give Peas A Chance…
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

You’re supposed to lick the frog to get high!

Give Peas A Chance…
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    I couldnt agree more. My experience  tells me prescribing  pharmaceuticals is nothing  more than  a scam
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I don't think it would be a stretch to assume some here have smoked an entire tree in one sitting at some point.