I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Just in from American Laundromat records:  Blake Babies Innocence and Experience reissue.  Fantastic- lovin' it!! (Plus comes with goodies like pins, sticker and a cool ALR guitar pick!)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm a sucker for color vinyl and anything released by Petty.
    I just received this in the mail yesterday.  I totally forgot I ordered it.  Mine is black vinyl.  I didn’t know colored versions were available.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    Just played mine. Sounds really good except LP4, might need to clean it, had some distortion.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Just played mine. Sounds really good except LP4, might need to clean it, had some distortion.
    I got through the first two and sounded fantastic.  I'll check 4 today.  May have to preemptively run it through the Okki Nokki.
    A friend of mine picked up a fine early pressing of this one up for me.  Too cool!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    brianlux said:
    A friend of mine picked up a fine early pressing of this one up for me.  Too cool!

That's some good stuff, right there!!!! Enjoy!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    brianlux said:

That's some good stuff, right there!!!! Enjoy!!!!
    Indeed!  I'm diggin' it.  The 19 plus minute "Do Your Thing" is trippy and funky!

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Found a SWEET sealed copy on Discogs for under 20 bucks!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    I've been super lucky with getting some great new stuff lately but this one comes under the heading "Where have you been all my life."  I've been a Link Wray fan for a good 46 or 47 years so how on earth did I miss this one?  Musicians here include the likes of Jerry Garcia, Commander Cody, David Bromberg among others. I'm totally blown away.  I love this record! 

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    PJ_Soul said:

You know what's funny is this album has been on my mind and have been wanting to revisit it.

What is the verdict in re-listening to it?
  • The Cult Love

Wings Over America

* Both used and play well (a few ticks and pops on the Wings' lps)
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    PJ_Soul said:

You know what's funny is this album has been on my mind and have been wanting to revisit it.

The verdict is that it's actually better to me now than it was when it was new! A super duper fun listen, and they are so cheap on discogs, I don't see why anyone wouldn't get this album! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

The verdict is that it's actually better to me now than it was when it was new! A super duper fun listen, and they are so cheap on discogs, I don't see why anyone wouldn't get this album! ;)
    There was a reissue not too long ago I think.  Is that it,  or an original?
    edited March 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes there was, but this is an original (the Canadian pressing). I can't work out why anyone would buy the reissue when there are so many originals available for way cheaper, even after taking shipping into account. I think the Amazon.ca reissue was nearly $40CAD. I got this for $12 + domestic shipping.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes there was, but this is an original (the Canadian pressing). I can't work out why anyone would buy the reissue when there are so many originals available for way cheaper, even after taking shipping into account. I think the Amazon.ca reissue was nearly $40CAD. I got this for $12 + domestic shipping.
    Unless there is a special edition with ephemera from your favorite band(s) that you want to collect, there really is no reason to buy reissues of 80's vinyl. There were so damn many of them pressed that OG's are readily available on the cheap.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Recently received:
    Guster - Look Alive (deluxe edition)

Ordered & shipped:
    Hilltop Hoods - The Great Expanse

Ordered & awaiting release:
    Jenny Lewis - On The Line (3/22)
    Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (3/29)

Request to local shop for RSD:
    Pearl Jam - Live at Easy Street
    Bingo Hand Job (REM) - Live at The Borderline 1991
    Midnight Oil - Paradise Island Live
    Orbital - Buried Deeper Within/Impact (The Cursed Earth Mix) 12" single
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Unless there is a special edition with ephemera from your favorite band(s) that you want to collect, there really is no reason to buy reissues of 80's vinyl. There were so damn many of them pressed that OG's are readily available on the cheap.
    I have found that the fidelity of 80's albums to be subpar overall.  That's not always true, but it is often true.  There are some that are very good though.  I think I read somewhere that they started using recycled vinyl or something.  
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    The Neil Young collection expanded over the past week:

Silver & Gold 
    Neil Young &the International Harvesters - A Treasure
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294

I couldn't pull the trigger, but if anyone is ISO, Amoeba Hollywood has this bad boy...
    timdwilli said:

I couldn't pull the trigger, but if anyone is ISO, Amoeba Hollywood has this bad boy...
    Ouch!  I'm thinking, "Man, $1500 would buy a lot of records to add to my collection!"  For rich or spendthrift types.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    timdwilli said:

Too much.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited March 2019
    Just ordered this. I  never saw this on vinyl at the time and you can't pick it up for less than £200 these days (if you can find it). Its a nice little additional to my R.E.M vinyl collection for under £30. Not really a must have as I have the singles that were new to this collection but just always wanted it.

Those of you who follow the "Weakest Link" thread will find this amusing- yesterday I found and purchased a near-mint (sleeve and record) condition vinyl copy of this one in a thrift store for $1.29:

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    brianlux said:
    Those of you who follow the "Weakest Link" thread will find this amusing- yesterday I found and purchased a near-mint (sleeve and record) condition vinyl copy of this one in a thrift store for $1.29:

Sweet!!!
    brianlux said:

I don't know the reference but I do know that's a great deal! 
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I don't know the reference but I do know that's a great deal! 
    With your knowledge of music, I think you'd have fun getting in of the "Weakest Link" threads.  Somehow I thought you already were.  It's fun!