2016 and 2018 Fan Club Singles?

Comments

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    I've worked in customer service of all types my whole life and whether it be as a waitress or as a research director - no matter what I thought of them - the customer is always right. Standard rule of business. 

Some customers will let you slide no matter what you do and some customers are pains in the asses. Both are to be treated with respect and the company is always wise to keep their customers happy and feeling like they matter. 

Yeah, I agree with this philosophy. And the 10C manager called 10C members who critiqued some posters "losers". The attitude is hard to swallow sometimes.
    Not exactly. He just called the "assholes" assholes, not all the critics.
    Even the assholes (and who is being an asshole is in the eye of the beholder) are paying customers. They are clients. A company never ever should make a client feel anything but important and wanted. 

The customer, be they asshole, whiner or pro company no matter what, is always right. And should feel like they want to be part of the experience. It doesn't matter one bit what management really feels about clients. They should treat them all with dignity. (Unless behavior is abhorrent - but that's not the case here. )

Had I been a member when that post appeared, I probably would have left. It's inexcusable. Business 101. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    njnancy said:
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    I've worked in customer service of all types my whole life and whether it be as a waitress or as a research director - no matter what I thought of them - the customer is always right. Standard rule of business. 

Some customers will let you slide no matter what you do and some customers are pains in the asses. Both are to be treated with respect and the company is always wise to keep their customers happy and feeling like they matter. 

Yeah, I agree with this philosophy. And the 10C manager called 10C members who critiqued some posters "losers". The attitude is hard to swallow sometimes.
    Even the assholes (and who is being an asshole is in the eye of the beholder) are paying customers. They are clients. A company never ever should make a client feel anything but important and wanted. 

The customer, be they asshole, whiner or pro company no matter what, is always right. And should feel like they want to be part of the experience. It doesn't matter one bit what management really feels about clients. They should treat them all with dignity. (Unless behavior is abhorrent - but that's not the case here. )

Had I been a member when that post appeared, I probably would have left. It's inexcusable. Business 101. 
    Im going to disagree with you in part.  I’ve worked in customer service as an employee and a supervisor.  And while the customer is always right they do not get to be assholes and abuse my employees.  If a customer is being abusive to the staff they are asked to leave.  Being a customer doesn’t give you the free reign to treat employees like a doormat. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    njnancy said:
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

The customer, be they asshole, whiner or pro company no matter what, is always right. 
    I disagree with this. I think certain organizations get to the point where they have power or influence where they can just cut the fat they don't like. You can agree/disagree whether this is morally right,  but there is a point of no return for certain organizations where cutting a customer lose is fine to not deal with their hassle because there are more customers waiting. 10c is at this point and has been for a while. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    claiming the club is purposely spiting all members over the complaining of a small fraction of their members is preposterous. 

the problem is, a band's fanclub isn't exactly the same as any other business. most businesses, you can get what you want somewhere else, so the onus is on the business to keep the customer happy to retain said business. 

pearl jam/10 club have no such obligation to keep anyone happy, their product and service is exclusive to their company. they can basically do whatever the fuck they want, and they know our hands our tied. am i saying this is what they are doing? no. i have no idea. i'm just saying this 'customer is always right' stuff doesn't really apply the same as it does for a place like walmart or amazon. 

it's unfortunate they don't seem to give two shits about it. all we can do is wait. they clearly aren't going to speed it up because some of us bitch about it online. i sincerely believe that nothing we say here has any impact on their business decisions whatsoever. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    on2legs said:
    njnancy said:
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

Im going to disagree with you in part.  I’ve worked in customer service as an employee and a supervisor.  And while the customer is always right they do not get to be assholes and abuse my employees.  If a customer is being abusive to the staff they are asked to leave.  Being a customer doesn’t give you the free reign to treat employees like a doormat. 
    I completely agree with you about clients who are abusive to employees of a company and  make all they touch toxic. Their business is not worth the harm and abuse that they spew.  Absolutely. There are also clients who are so demanding on an on-going basis that it is no longer feasible to continue having any sort of business relationship with them. 

These type of people are in the minority; although, in all forms of customer service you take shit from people everyday. Just not shit that rises to the level of abuse or inability to please. 

In the case of a fan club for a band they do have a captured audience. People will stay no matter what is happening. Everyone has their own breaking point and everyone has their own attachment to the club and their own 'thing' that makes them feel unvalued and neglected. And their 'thing' that makes them want to stay. 

People who have reached that point are valid in how they feel; who am I to say what causes a person to give up on being part of a fan club? The customer service is not good. It is no not horrendous or mean-spirited, it just seems to be disinterested and unconnected.  

They don't have to live by the credo that the customer is always right because of the type of business they run. There are people who joined in the beginning who have the ability to get awesome seats at many concerts. A large amount of members will never get good seats and pit is just not for them. And there are many people who will go to Pearl Jam concerts that don't even know that a fanclub exists. Actually the majority of people in the stadiums are not tenclub members. Just normal fans.  

I just want them to acknowledge us. Make us feel like we are more than just dollar signs. Other bands treat their fans amazingly well, but they are smaller and not as famous. It shouldn't matter but it does. Just let us know what's going on, talk to us. That's not being an abusive client, it's being a customer who should be treated with respect and feel like they matter. 

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I'll be honest with you...I like the pit.

heres two more

10022004 Toledo Ohio Harvest Moon 

09201998 West Palm Beach FL Time Bomb 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    and two more

11121996 Rome IT Hunger Strike

06242007 Scheesel, Germany Throw Your Hatred Down
    edited February 2019
    doubleposter
    Post edited by ikiT on
    12091993 Seattle GOLDEN YEARS
    12052002 Seattle All Or None
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    what is happening
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

And losers. And of course my point is that the fact he called any members either of those things is completely unacceptable.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • the problem is, a band's fanclub isn't exactly the same as any other business. most businesses, you can get what you want somewhere else, so the onus is on the business to keep the customer happy to retain said business. 

pearl jam/10 club have no such obligation to keep anyone happy, their product and service is exclusive to their company. they can basically do whatever the fuck they want, and they know our hands our tied. am i saying this is what they are doing? no. i have no idea. i'm just saying this 'customer is always right' stuff doesn't really apply the same as it does for a place like walmart or amazon 
    This. I applaud those of you who have customer service ideals, but that is NOT a universal truth. Far from it. To use an example, even surgeons in the private sector won’t operate on patients they think will have a “less than desirable outcome” (I won’t open this can of worms) because it might reflect poorly on their “Avatar” or patient satisfaction ratings. Some “services” need to pander to their clients. Others don’t. 

The customer is not always right. The customer is sometimes an asshole. And there is nowhere else for us to go to get 10C member-exclusive goods. If these points are true, then it is only reasonable to accept that 10C isn’t going to cater to our every need, whether we’re cool about it or not. 

Personally, I’m confident that my last 2 45’s will show up eventually. They will probably be awesome regardless of whether they come tomorrow or in 2029. I’ll still be a fan of this band when they arrive and I’ll be glad to have them. Sad they’ll be the last two. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    I don't actually think the customer is always right, lol. Far from it. Many customers everywhere are just heinous. :lol: That phrase of course just means "be nice to the customers, even if they are jerks". And I think that's a pretty good philosophy, even if it's only to maintain an appearance of professionalism and maturity for the business.
    But anyway, I don't think for a second that 10C is making business decisions based on what a few people say on the forum. No way. Thinking that I think underestimates the 10C staff's intelligence and reasoning skills.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't actually think the customer is always right, lol. Far from it. Many customers everywhere are just heinous. :lol: That phrase of course just means "be nice to the customers, even if they are jerks". And I think that's a pretty good philosophy, even if it's only to maintain an appearance of professionalism and maturity for the business.
    But anyway, I don't think for a second that 10C is making business decisions based on what a few people say on the forum. No way. Thinking that I think underestimates the 10C staff's intelligence and reasoning skills.
    Exactly. These types of decisions aren't made in a hasty, reactionary manner.  This was a business decision that effects every single customer or potential customer.  The wheels were likely turning for quite some time.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

And losers. And of course my point is that the fact he called any members either of those things is completely unacceptable.
    There is a difference between critiquing a poster and being a belligerent asshole about the design. Most people are cool, but there is definitely a significant enough volume of the latter that it's noticeable. It drives me crazy and, although I didn't see the statement, I would find it satisfying for 10C management to call them losers.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
    pjl44 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

There is a difference between critiquing a poster and being a belligerent asshole about the design. Most people are cool, but there is definitely a significant enough volume of the latter that it's noticeable. It drives me crazy and, although I didn't see the statement, I would find it satisfying for 10C management to call them losers.
    Glad you don't work for 10C, then.  That is bad business no matter what way you attempt to justify it.  You don't call your customers losers.
    pjl44 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

Glad you don't work for 10C, then.  That is bad business no matter what way you attempt to justify it.  You don't call your customers losers.
    We're not customers in the traditional sense. There are few if any traditional "businesses" that have "customers" actively interacting in a forum like this. If someone conducts themselves like a jerk, I'm fine with the 10C calling that out. Hell, I think they showed restraint by not naming names. When it comes to shitting on poster artists, there are some individuals who are relentless assholes.
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

We're not customers in the traditional sense. There are few if any traditional "businesses" that have "customers" actively interacting in a forum like this. If someone conducts themselves like a jerk, I'm fine with the 10C calling that out. Hell, I think they showed restraint by not naming names. When it comes to shitting on poster artists, there are some individuals who are relentless assholes.
    We're customers no matter what way you try to slice it.  You don't call customers losers.  It's bad business.  Not everyone is going to be pleased all the time.  Some will be nasty and have nasty opinions.  As a business you have to expect both ends of the spectrum and everything in between.  You take the good with the bad.  If you're dissatisfied with some things customers are saying, take the high road instead of stooping to their level.  That's fine that you're fine with it, that's your right to have that opinion.  But again, I'm glad you're not working for Ten Club with that kind of attitude about dissenting customers.
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

We're customers no matter what way you try to slice it.  You don't call customers losers.  It's bad business.  Not everyone is going to be pleased all the time.  Some will be nasty and have nasty opinions.  As a business you have to expect both ends of the spectrum and everything in between.  You take the good with the bad.  If you're dissatisfied with some things customers are saying, take the high road instead of stooping to their level.  That's fine that you're fine with it, that's your right to have that opinion.  But again, I'm glad you're not working for Ten Club with that kind of attitude about dissenting customers.
    Disagree completely. And, yes, that is coming from a customer and not an employee.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    You're arguing over something that was said almost a decade ago.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Also, we are are losers.

RP112579 said:
    You're arguing over something that was said almost a decade ago.
    Sentiment still applies. I think they should double down on it as a 10th anniversary celebration. 
  • Rather have them calling us losers and assholes, than not communicating at all.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    04212016 Columbia SC Rise
    08272000 Saratoga Springs Timeless Melody 

This one for sure.
    They are really doubles, not singles.
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Yes, there are two sides to every coin.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I like that they called someone a loser. I’m jealous I can’t do that! I’d love to call people losers.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    it takes the piss 
    danny d
  • Jbarker said:
    Yes, there are two sides to every coin.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfacd8PQG0s
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • LONGWAVELONGWAVE Posts: 153
    Well I am willing to take care of pressing the Singles for Pearl Jam if they want to continue the singles club. All I need is them to send me the music and art files and cover costs... HMU guys...
    "Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago"