Donald Trump

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Under Trump, EPA inspections fall to a 10-year low

The agency’s inspection rate last year is half of what it was in 2010, while the civil penalties levied against polluters is the lowest since 1994.

This should come as no surprise to anyone. 
    It's what happens when you put anti-EPA people in charge of the EPA

F@#ckin' A$$holes
    Honestly some of these inspections are a complete waste of time and $.  I think most of the time anything big comes out it’s after an event...not random or scheduled I inspections.

hmm, makes me wonder how many have been averted because of inspections.
    Honestly...at large companies... I would think few. Mostly it’s paperwork.

Look I’m not saying the epa isn’t important. I’m saying how they are used is poor. Writing into law annual walk through to see air emission units and review paperwork at places thatbhavent had any real problems in .... I don’t know 20 years or so at least is dumb. Let them focus where they believe there to be actual environmental issues, not potential paperwork issues.
    They been neutered.  Scott Pruitt actually raped the EPA.
    Mulvaney did the same to the CFPB and all of the subservient regulators under the umbrella like the FDIC and OCC.  It's a strategy.  
    People in my industry say the same kinds of things Cincy's stating.....but when we had barely any oversight we landed in the worst recession since the Great Depression. With so much deregulation being put into place again, we'll end up back there again in due time. Subprime loans are already back in one form or another now. It's an endless cycle. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

The agency’s inspection rate last year is half of what it was in 2010, while the civil penalties levied against polluters is the lowest since 1994.

F@#ckin' A$$holes
    Honestly some of these inspections are a complete waste of time and $.  I think most of the time anything big comes out it’s after an event...not random or scheduled I inspections.

Look I’m not saying the epa isn’t important. I’m saying how they are used is poor. Writing into law annual walk through to see air emission units and review paperwork at places thatbhavent had any real problems in .... I don’t know 20 years or so at least is dumb. Let them focus where they believe there to be actual environmental issues, not potential paperwork issues.
    Mulvaney did the same to the CFPB and all of the subservient regulators under the umbrella like the FDIC and OCC.  It's a strategy.  
    People in my industry say the same kinds of things Cincy's stating.....but when we had barely any oversight we landed in the worst recession since the Great Depression. With so much deregulation being put into place again, we'll end up back there again in due time. Subprime loans are already back in one form or another now. It's an endless cycle. 
    They are saying the same thing. I’m all for funding the EPA and then letting the EPA decide how to schedule inspections. I realize this gets hurt depending on who is the head, but in reality it does anyhow. Those regular inspections are not worthwhile.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Relax that’s not treason.
    I'm pretty sure it is.  It's right out in the open.  Not even trying to hide.  That's the strategy.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    My position on this has not wavered since day one.  What's YOUR position?
    When your coastal cities have 3 feet of water in them what are you going to do then? 
  • Fatty made another 'Pocahontas' reference to Warren.

He just might have mocked the 'Trail of Tears' as well.

He's a despicable human being. The US should be so proud of itself!

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump-pocahontas-donald-jr-savage_us_5c5f792de4b0f9e1b17dd52c?ec_carp=4198915512934648818
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:

F@#ckin' A$$holes

It's funny you say that.  It's the perfect "law of unintended consequences".  The gov't put so much pressure on national banks regarding subprime lending, that they essentially exited the business.  The pressure was on fee structure, reserves, complaints, etc.  So of course something filled that void and that's all of the small companies and payday lenders that exploded on the scene starting in 2012.  These companies are less regulated as their assets fail to meet some oversight thresholds, there are too many to oversee, etc.  And they are absolutely predatory as they exist only to maximize revenue from this segment of the population.  This is in contrast to large banks that have multiple avenues of revenue throughout the credit score bands.  
    So while the gov't had good intentions with its oversight practices, the result is that subprime lending is less regulated and more predatory than it was before Dodd-Frank was written.  Irony.  
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Fatty made another 'Pocahontas' reference to Warren.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump-pocahontas-donald-jr-savage_us_5c5f792de4b0f9e1b17dd52c?ec_carp=4198915512934648818

I think Don Jr. took care of any doubt. We can strike "might have" from your comment:

"The Native American genocide continues with another murder by the president." Trump Jr. responded, "Savage!!! Love my President."

• Fatty made another 'Pocahontas' reference to Warren.

I think Don Jr. took care of any doubt. We can strike "might have" from your comment:

"The Native American genocide continues with another murder by the president." Trump Jr. responded, "Savage!!! Love my President."

Don Jr is an insect.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    I'm just now assuming that his doctor is a clairvoyant. That's the only way any doctor who isn't a COMPLETE hack and isn't lying would claim what Trump's doctor claimed.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Fatty made another 'Pocahontas' reference to Warren.

Junior is a POS, just sayin'.
    The Trail/Savage thing is beyond the pale, really. These fucking creeps keep outdoing themselves. I'm not sure how long they can go without throwing the n-word put there.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    2 things about the US president I could care a less about, the president's taxes or their health.  This seems like some odd American fascination...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited February 2019
    2 things about the US president I could care a less about, the president's taxes or their health.  This seems like some odd American fascination...
    I don't agree. Their mental health is extremely important. I am also concerned that the current POTUS clearly gets his doctors to LIE to the public. I don't care if the POTUS isn't physically healthy (most of these people are seniors after all), but I care about the slimy corruption of the situation.

And the taxes are important because it can show shady dealings and scams and illegal or unethical behaviour in their business dealings. That's really important. Not sure how you can not care about transparency in that context.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't agree. Their mental health is extremely important. I am also concerned that the current POTUS clearly gets his doctors to LIE to the public. I don't care if the POTUS isn't physically healthy (most of these people are seniors after all), but I care about the slimy corruption of the situation.

And the taxes are important because it can show shady dealings and scams and illegal or unethical behaviour in their business dealings. That's really important. Not sure how you can not care about transparency in that context.
    Then why do not demand the same from Canadian politicians?  Which I never would...

And I especially do not care about the US and their presidency.  The US has been losing clout in the world for decades.   This just didn't start with Trump.  If it wasn't for their over bloated but poorly trained military most of the world would just laugh at the US...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:

Then why do not demand the same from Canadian politicians?  Which I never would...

And I especially do not care about the US and their presidency.  The US has been losing clout in the world for decades.   This just didn't start with Trump.  If it wasn't for their over bloated but poorly trained military most of the world would just laugh at the US...
    That's totally your choice... you sure post a lot of stuff in threads about the POTUS for someone making that claim though.
    PJ_Soul said:

Poorly trained? Compared to what military... Carthage?
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

For a country that outspends the next 25 largest militaries by a WIDE margin, your military sure seems like they are unable to win a war, and if you ever go against a superpower like Russia or China, you will be embarrassed.  You have not had a real successful over seas mission since Gulf War 1.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

That's totally your choice... you sure post a lot of stuff in threads about the POTUS for someone making that claim though.
    I am allowed to post when I want...or have you been made thought control and post police.  By the way, I do not post in the Trump all that often, unlike some of you, it's pointless arguing about a washed up POTUS  ALL day long...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

For a country that outspends the next 25 largest militaries by a WIDE margin, your military sure seems like they are unable to win a war, and if you ever go against a superpower like Russia or China, you will be embarrassed.  You have not had a real successful over seas mission since Gulf War 1.
    That's terribly uninformed and a ridiculously fucking stupid statement.   Not only is it empirically unprovable, but it's without basis. The US doesn't wage unlimited warfare, nor does it spend all of its resources in a particular theater and hasn't in 3/4 of a century.  If we waged war in the way of the first half of the 20th century,  the results would be both horrific and decisive.  And if unlimited warfare ever came,  there would not be one boot on the ground.  Our enemy would be annihilated in a short period remotely.  True it would be "MAD" but it would be over very quickly. 
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I am allowed to post when I want...or have you been made thought control and post police.  By the way, I do not post in the Trump all that often, unlike some of you, it's pointless arguing about a washed up POTUS  ALL day long...
    Who the hell said you're not allowed to do something? Sheesh. I was just making an observation. I didn't even express an opinion, lol. Calm yourself.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Half assed wars aren’t winnable. That’s true 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    They sure are profitable though...
    my2hands said:
    They sure are profitable though...
    Damn true
    Is it safe to assume that since the US does not like meddling into their elections, Congress is now going to open an investigation into US meddling in Venezuela?  Or is that all-right?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think we should meddle with Canadian elections myself
    my2hands said:
    I think we should meddle with Canadian elections myself
    Please do.  We need a new government.  They are coming up in the fall.  Get to work now.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    edited February 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

could be due to the fact that desert storm had a clear defineable mission with Iraq withdrawing from Kuwait. Also that mission was accomplished with combined efforts of multiple countries in various roles.

comparatively, the 2 being fought now have too much political consideration coupled with "nation building". not the same at all. AND it assumes the behind the scenes power brokers even want them to end ..   
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Hahaha

is this a threat?
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.