Eddie vedder EU tour 2019

Comments

• The cure and editors 
     And eddie. Your spoilt !!

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • gravix said:
    It is known all over Belgium that Sportpaleis in Antwerp is the worst sounding venue by far.
    I really hope EV's making a better venue choice than this if he's passing by Belgium.
    It was the Lotta Arena last time round, and I know from experience the sound there is good. Is the Sportspaleis realistic? Not easy to sell that place out.
  • Magic_JMagic_J Uk Posts: 28
    I’m gonna have to submit this thread instead of the essay I’m supposed to be writing right now 😂 *puts phone on other side of room in futile effort to ignore notifications and do some work instead*
  • gravixgravix Posts: 33
    gravix said:
    It is known all over Belgium that Sportpaleis in Antwerp is the worst sounding venue by far.
    I really hope EV's making a better venue choice than this if he's passing by Belgium.
    It was the Lotta Arena last time round, and I know from experience the sound there is good. Is the Sportspaleis realistic? Not easy to sell that place out.
    It is more or less at the same capacity as Ziggo Dome which is heavily touted as the NL venue this time, as opposed to AFAS Live in '17.
    I will be more than happy if Lotto Arena is happening again :) 
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    Hopefully we‘ll get the full tour tomorrow at 10.
  • I didn't enjoy Sportpaleis in antwerp so much, I went to see Foo Fighters there last year
  • SaraodSaraod Posts: 26
    Kearn5y said:
    I reckon Olympia Dublin - as its the only one which hasn't been replied to with 'no', also it seems like EV show on 17th June after Florence. Hopefully Verona on 17th. Just deducting based on everything read.
    no
    So that leaves,

Ambassador - 1200
    Vicar St - 1000 - 1500
    Bord Gais Theatre - 2000
    Iveagh gardens - 5000?
    Trinity College - 5000?
    RDS - 30000
    Marlay Park - 30000 (stage already set up)
    Aviva Stadium - 50000
    Phoenix Park - 40000 - 100000

Has to be one of them, right?

yes

So excited to hear this. My job means I can't get away from 28 June to 19 July... please, please tell me if I need to get a new job so I can get to one of Eddie's Irish gigs!
  • gravixgravix Posts: 33
    I didn't enjoy Sportpaleis in antwerp so much, I went to see Foo Fighters there last year
    No wonder. It has the worst and most bland  sonorisation out of all the venues i've been in. 
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    JackD. said:
    Hopefully we‘ll get the full tour tomorrow at 10.

I hope today by 7pm CET!
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Saraod said:
    Kearn5y said:
    I reckon Olympia Dublin - as its the only one which hasn't been replied to with 'no', also it seems like EV show on 17th June after Florence. Hopefully Verona on 17th. Just deducting based on everything read.
    no
    So that leaves,

Ambassador - 1200
    Vicar St - 1000 - 1500
    Bord Gais Theatre - 2000
    Iveagh gardens - 5000?
    Trinity College - 5000?
    RDS - 30000
    Marlay Park - 30000 (stage already set up)
    Aviva Stadium - 50000
    Phoenix Park - 40000 - 100000

Has to be one of them, right?

yes

So excited to hear this. My job means I can't get away from 28 June to 19 July... please, please tell me if I need to get a new job so I can get to one of Eddie's Irish gigs!
    Wouldnt be surprised if its in the Aviva supporting the Who. Any comments almighty Greek one?
    Kearnsy
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    edited February 2019

"We think our friends rockolpoprock have seen us right. We'll talk tomorrow morning 🍷 #EddieVedder #EVLive2019"

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    man,,i would like to know how would feel,when your favorite band or artsit comes IN YOUR COUNTRY  for shows-show...and u complain about the venue...the sound,the capacity..
    how wish i had this luxury..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    edited February 2019
    man,,i would like to know how would feel,when your favorite band or artsit comes IN YOUR COUNTRY  for shows-show...and u complain about the venue...the sound,the capacity..
    I hear you, but sometimes it is comment rather than complaint. 
    I mean if The Who gig at Wembley is the only UK date, then 80k people is a lot to share the experience with when on previous tours it has been the Hammersmith Apollo. That change is considerable, and one which will cause comment, and an element of concern. There is an expectation and proven atmosphere which has been considered very special at smaller venues and people are yet to see if this transfers to larger spaces. 
    I too have to travel, admittedly not as far as others such as yourself, but London can still be six hours from me (or because of the current railway works up to nine hours). I think many who have easy access to venues and live music do sometimes forget that for others, access to anything is a blessing, that's not their fault, they don't have the considerations we do. 

Edited to add - and you do have a little luxury by knowing plans in advance so being able to plan, book, think and... tease others ;)
    Post edited by dottles on
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Welcome to Finland - 26 years without a show. 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    dottles said:
    I mean if The Who gig at Wembley is the only UK date, then 80k people is a lot to share the experience with when on previous tours it has been the Hammersmith Apollo. That change is considerable, and one which will cause comment, and an element of concern. There is an expectation and proven atmosphere which has been considered very special at smaller venues and people are yet to see if this transfers to larger spaces. 
    I too have to travel, admittedly not as far as others such as yourself, but London can still be six hours from me (or because of the current railway works up to nine hours). I think many who have easy access to venues and live music do sometimes forget that for others, access to anything is a blessing, that's not their fault, they don't have the considerations we do. 

Edited to add - and you do have a little luxury by knowing plans in advance so being able to plan, book, think and... tease others ;)
    I don't think anyone in the UK is complaining when we've had some amazing PJ and EV solo shows in recent years. 

However, there is understandable disappointment that the UK show is a support slot at Wembley stadium. Over £200 (if you want to be anywhere near the front) to see a shorter set, amongst 90,000 fans, many of whom are just waiting for the Who to come on, is not the same experience as seeing Eddie in a small theatre. 

But as Dottles says, these are comments/concerns, not many people are complaining. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
    demetrios said:

"We think our friends rockolpoprock have seen us right. We'll talk tomorrow morning 🍷 #EddieVedder #EVLive2019"

So, full tour announcement tomorrow then???
  • mrk2 said:
    Welcome to Finland - 26 years without a show
    wow !!!!
  • dottles said:

you're right Dottles, it's just comments while waiting for announcements!
    already getting crazy for days off from work and how to balance $$$ for tickets, flights etc...😅 given all this effort, it's just hoping for getting the best venues available!
  • mrk2 said:
    Welcome to Finland - 26 years without a show. 
    But you can just take the finlandsfärja. haha,.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Shouldnt we be saying Eddie Vedder EU and UK tour?  :)

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Already?
    Vedd Hedd said:

One show in the UK is hardly a tour. Beyond that the UK remains part of the continent, and is still currently part of the European Union.
    If anything all tours on the continent should just say Europe - as should the thread title. 

Anyway, back to the point of the thread. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    dottles said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

One show in the UK is hardly a tour. Beyond that the UK remains part of the continent, and is still currently part of the European Union.
    If anything all tours on the continent should just say Europe - as should the thread title. 

Just a joke.   Carry on. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    Vedd Hedd said:
    dottles said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Just a joke.   Carry on. 
    good one. brexit is coming
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited February 2019
    Damn man. At least one of these posters are gonna be nice.  More $$$ to spend
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

EDDIE VEDDER 2019 EUROPEAN TOUR DATES

Shows so far: 
    EDDIE VEDDER 
    15-6-19 FLORENCE (FESTIVAL FIRENZE ROCKS) 
    17-6-19 TORINO (BAROLO FESTIVAL) 
    6-7-19 LONDON (WITH THE WHO)
    MORE TO  COME

That fuckin 16th new order date between Italian show is killing me 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Shows so far: 
    EDDIE VEDDER 
    MORE TO  COME

MORE TO  COME

TODAY???

• For Barolo ticket on sale at ticketmaster.it
    digit Barolo in search not Vedder

Shows so far: 
    EDDIE VEDDER 
    MORE TO  COME

Thank you Dimitris 😊
    (Barolo will formally announce this morning at 10am as per their social media I guess) 

Its difficuly when so many gigs happen in the summer. You never know if to commit in case something else appears! 
    Maybe use your influence to get New Order to play with EV 😊😂 

• just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    Just announce everything already