Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    wasa1971 said:
    Caught this guy out my bathroom window today.
    Beautiful!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    wondering where all the cat kibble went BUSTED little possum!!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yesterday I along with my dad rescued a baby sparrow entangled in garden netting.
    Took a while to snip all the wiring from around its wings and head. I held it my dad carefully snipped away. It escaped from my hands once and I had to recapture it. Couldn't fly because of the wires around it.
    Sadly another baby sparrow next to the one I rescued was already dead and decomposed.
    I sprayed some water on the sparrow before letting it go as it was a very hot day.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • A sparrow hawk eating a dove or pigeon. I filmed it for a bit. Sad to watch but nature was playing out in front of me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    wondering where all the cat kibble went BUSTED little possum!!
    LOL.  Ah, but they're so cute!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

A sparrow hawk eating a dove or pigeon. I filmed it for a bit. Sad to watch but nature was playing out in front of me
    Sparrow hawks are beautiful to view but yes, rather brutal to watch them feed.  Years ago there was one the spent a good amount of time perched on the wires outside the apartment I was living in watching for rodents or whatever no nibble on.

Not my video but holy crap isn't he just beautiful 
    https://www.facebook.com/SeeSouthAustraliaAU/videos/1710770465623869/
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    That koala is pretty awesome!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    That koala is pretty awesome!
    still a baby🐨
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited January 2019

Canadian car wash...
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…

Canadian car wash...
    Is that your photo? That view is fucking marvelous! Only change to make is the driver of the truck should also have a Jeep!  =)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Canadian car wash...
    Is that your photo? That view is fucking marvelous! Only change to make is the driver of the truck should also have a Jeep!  =)
    Someone sent that to me.  Just thought it was cute.  I have a jeep.  Trucks in Canada might outnumber cars.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    It is easy to understand why.

My Jeep came from Canada. Thermostat control has numbers in °C.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Yesterday I along with my dad rescued a baby sparrow entangled in garden netting.
    Took a while to snip all the wiring from around its wings and head. I held it my dad carefully snipped away. It escaped from my hands once and I had to recapture it. Couldn't fly because of the wires around it.
    Sadly another baby sparrow next to the one I rescued was already dead and decomposed.
    I sprayed some water on the sparrow before letting it go as it was a very hot day.

Good on you guys for rescuing the little fella.  It’s amazing how much damage garden and sports betting can do to animals :(

Canadian car wash...
    Nothing like a good salt-lick, eh?  Is that in Jasper or Banff?
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

Good on you guys for rescuing the little fella.  It’s amazing how much damage garden and sports betting can do to animals :(

Canadian car wash...
    Nothing like a good salt-lick, eh?  Is that in Jasper or Banff?
    Jasper...no idea who took the pick, it was sent to me because the person thought I'd like, which I do.  Moose are funny animals, I have even seen pics where they will stick their heads into cars.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited February 2019
    feeding these lunatics. Australian male king parrot and rainbow lorikeets. At my friends house

Post edited by rhanishane on
    ^^^beautiful
  • Wow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Neat, but I am glad they are not in my back yard!
    sounds of the Bush... very respected here we love our kookaburras plus they eat the snakes so you want them around 
    sounds of the Bush... very respected here we love our kookaburras plus they eat the snakes so you want them around 
    Wow though, that’s some call.  Not having grown up with that sound, I don’t think I’d like it in my backyard either  ;)=)

This fella did a quick drive-by this afternoon.  Barely had time to get the camera out.

This fella did a quick drive-by this afternoon.  Barely had time to get the camera out.
    cute I'd love to see a raccoon in real life!!
    I just have these two jerks fighting every night.. They are so naughty and loud knocking everything over.

cute I'd love to see a raccoon in real life!!
    I think they’re adorable despite their potential destructiveness.  They’re quite clever too.

I just have these two jerks fighting every night.. They are so naughty and loud knocking everything over.

What are these creatures?
  • Is that a possum?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Yes they are possums.. Its mother and baby but she now has one in her pouch so they fight over the cat kibble right next to me. They eat everything and have now come up so close they drink out of my cup and sit on the table in front of me 
    bit of a closer look. About the size of a cat. They live in the trees.