The Pizza Thread

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited January 2019
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Never been to IKEA, Sam's Club, or Costco.
    You are seriously missing out with Costco! I love that place!
    Not worth a 2 hour drive lol
    Oh, no it's not, haha. I live a 10 minute walk from one, so like to swing by just to see what they've got once in a while, make a couple impulse purchases, and for a $1.50 hotdog, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Never been to IKEA, Sam's Club, or Costco.
    You are seriously missing out with Costco! I love that place!
    Not worth a 2 hour drive lol
    Oh, no it's not, haha. I live a 10 minute walk from one, so like to swing by just to see what they've got once in a while, make a couple impulse purchases, and for a $1.50 hotdog, lol.
    I'm 20 miles from a grocery store, and it's a tiny IGA with frankenmeat and rotten produce lol

I would shop Costco if I lived in a city, but I don't think I would ever ever do that again.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    your closest grocery is 20 miles?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    18 actually.  But 20 sounds more extreme lol
    rgambs said:
    Wow. Different strokes for different folks! You're a country mouse and I'm a city mouse, lol. I wouldn't be caught dead living out in the boonies like that... I don't want to have to drive a car!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    rgambs said:
    LOL...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    Wow. Different strokes for different folks! You're a country mouse and I'm a city mouse, lol. I wouldn't be caught dead living out in the boonies like that... I don't want to have to drive a car!
    You don't have to drive a car.  You could get a horse, or a horse and buggy.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    I literally passed a half dozen on my way home from work today lol
    Not shitting.
    Holmes county Ohio, the largest Amish community in the world.
    I think the Amish would shun me within the first 24 hours.
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    I literally passed a half dozen on my way home from work today lol
    Not shitting.
    LOL.  You are in Amish country.  That's cool.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think the Amish would shun me within the first 24 hours.
    They would be super nice to you!
    You would love the store I was working.
    It's like Amish costco.  It's a strip mall style row of buildings, except all connected inside.
    There's a creamery, old time crafts and tools, an entire store of canned food (jams, jellies, salsas, pickles, etc), bulk food, a deli with every variety of cheese and meat made on site, and a beef jerky outlet.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    You can buy lingonberry-based foods in the little food market in IKEA.
    Haha. Ofcourse. Because Where is wonderful IKEA from. Maddafakkin sweden. 

Yes. I guess that food thing is a good way to try some swedish things
    Indeed. I really love those little chocolate and crispy toffee candies they sell there, in the red bag. They're like mini Skor bars!
    The frozen Swedish meatballs they sell there aren't very good though, IMO. Some people love them.
    Well, I doubt swedes like them either. They also got some bad press recently (over here) with having meat from 15 different countries for the meatballs and not using only swedish meat.

But I guess it's a fun thing to have in the international stores. Don't know what Skor-bars or that toffee thing you are talking about are though. haha.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited January 2019
    rgambs said:
    Isn't Sweden just a poor man's Norway anyways?
    Sweden is the big brother in that relationship. And btw,  isn't the US just a poor mans Russia nowadays. (haha!)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    rgambs said:
    Isn't Sweden just a poor man's Norway anyways?
    Sweden is the big brother in that relationship. And btw,  isn't the US just a poor mans Russia nowadays. (haha!)
    Hahaha excellent!!  
    I would love to visit Sweden.  I know much of Norway's Fjords and glaciers, what do you have of note in Sweden, aside from beautiful blonde women.
    edited January 2019
    I ate indian today (at a fully vegetarian indian restaurant) and not pizza by the way. 
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Indeed. I really love those little chocolate and crispy toffee candies they sell there, in the red bag. They're like mini Skor bars!
    The frozen Swedish meatballs they sell there aren't very good though, IMO. Some people love them.
    Well, I doubt swedes like them either. They also got some bad press recently (over here) with having meat from 15 different countries for the meatballs and not using only swedish meat.

But I guess it's a fun thing to have in the international stores. Don't know what Skor-bars or that toffee thing you are talking about are though. haha.
    This. It's so good!

• PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

This. It's so good!

Haha, okey Daim. Yeah. That's very common here. But most often we buy them as a thin "bar", like this. It's the original:

I bought this today, it's a mix between a regular chocolate bar and Daim:

I like the ice cream too:

edited January 2019
    Yes, so a Skor Bar is the same as that thin Daim bar (and is a little bit tastier than Daim, but not much - the Daim pieces are much cheaper at IKEA than buying Skor bars, so that's why I like it, haha).

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,472
    Back to pizza.....My 13 year old cooked up bagel bites in the toaster oven and they were AWFUL! We have nice italian bread, Rao's sauce and fresh mozz, but he wanted junk food.  
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Yes, so a Skor Bar is the same as that thin Daim bar (and is a little bit tastier than Daim, but not much - the Daim pieces are much cheaper at IKEA than buying Skor bars, so that's why I like it, haha).

Skor means "shoes" in swedish... haha. But yes, looks the same. Who knows, maybe Daim was ripped from that one in the 70s or whenever Daim (then called Dajm) was introduced. 
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:

Skor means "shoes" in swedish... haha. But yes, looks the same. Who knows, maybe Daim was ripped from that one in the 70s or whenever Daim (then called Dajm) was introduced. 
    Looks like it was the other way around. :)

Skor is a candy bar produced by The Hershey Company. It was first marketed in the United States in 1981 and later launched in Canada in 1983. "Skör" (with umlaut dots over the "o") is Swedish for "brittle", and the crown that appears in the product's logo is identical to that found in the Swedish national emblem of Tre Kronor ("Three Crowns"). However, most read the name as “Skor” since you do not see the umlaut dots. Skor is the Swedish name for shoes.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,817
    Could someone please eat some pizza and post some pics? 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    mcgruff10 said:
    Could someone please eat some pizza and post some pics? 
    I got you covered later tonight pal. Friday pizza is happening. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    PJ_Soul said:

These are my favorite candy bars ever. I ate close to an entire box once when I was 11 or 12 years old. Pretty dumb, but man these are good.  
  • I send back a daim (+ some limited edition daim flavour If available) If someone can send me a skör/skor :)
    edited January 2019
    Nvm
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Bricco, from the best of NJ list.
    Fucking A.
    A large white ..half spinach, half short rib
    A small margherita
    Very good, neopolitan style.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,817
    Bricco, from the best of NJ list.
    Fucking A.
    A large white ..half spinach, half short rib
    A small margherita
    Very good, neopolitan style.

Whoa. That looks exceptional. What town?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    I want candy, bubble gum and taffy.
    I need candy, Bubblegum and taffy
    Get in my way, punk, ya gonna get ya ass beat
    Nasty
    Do it to your daddy
    Embarrass your whole family
    Just cause you came between a kid and his candy

I need candy

Any kind'll do
    Don't care if it's nutritious or FDA approved
    It's gonna make me spaz like bobcats on booze
    A hyperactive juice
    That only I can produce
    And use a giant drill, bore straight into hell
    Releasing ancient demons from their sleep-forever spell
    So they can walk upon the earth, and get resituated
    And hawk the diet pills MC Pee Pants has created.