EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I am off tomorrow and temps will be in the mid 50's for the first time in forever!

......and we have a flood warning until late tomorrow afternoon.

The good lord does not want your Juggler to golf ever again. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Haha. This time of year warm weather means rain.  

Tiger are on the prowl tomorrow.   Gotta be a favorite this week.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Looking forward to watching Tiger tomorrow. I have the rest of the week off. No good golfing weather predicted any time soon though. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Tiger's back golfing, I'm back watching. Hoping for an epic season!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    hell yeah!

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    You're an Urban Meyer guy, right? Lmao
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    23rd year of watching Tiger. Out of my 31 years in existence haha. 
    bflynn1 said:
    23rd year of watching Tiger. Out of my 31 years in existence haha. 
    Really hoping to be locked into the Masters on Saturday and Sunday. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wow what a shot on 11 by Tiger...
    chinese-happy.jpg

not really an “urban meyer guy” but urban is about 100x better person than phony ass, whore fucking tiger.

and, don’t go “wife beating enabler” on me.... :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Wobbie said:

not really an “urban meyer guy” but urban is about 100x better person than phony ass, whore fucking tiger.

This couldn’t be a further take from the truth. I’m never going to bat for penn state or tiger, but Meyer sure as fuck ain’t far off 
    Wobbie said:

This couldn’t be a further take from the truth. I’m never going to bat for penn state or tiger, but Meyer sure as fuck ain’t far off 

c’mon man, I drank your beer; slurped your bloody mary jello shots!

seriously...urban had some lapses of judgement but when the cops dropped any charges, what should he have done? can the guy, yeah, but then face unlawful termination charges? he was a FB coach; not judge jury executioner.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Pretty pretty solid leaderboard 
    Watching Rahm have his hissy fit (as most people who have played golf have at some point) was quite hilarious. But for god sake people. Have your tantrum. Fine. Throw your club. Fine. But don't make someone else pick it up. 
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

c’mon man, I drank your beer; slurped your bloody mary jello shots!

seriously...urban had some lapses of judgement but when the cops dropped any charges, what should he have done? can the guy, yeah, but then face unlawful termination charges? he was a FB coach; not judge jury executioner.
    Hahah those Bloody Mary Jell-O shots. I think I have nightmares about them 

:whistle:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Nice birdie, birdie finish for Tiger yesterday. He’s obviously not contending this week but a solid Sunday finish would be nice. I haven’t watched a single shot this week. How has he looked overall (score aside)? 
    edited January 2019
    He looks fine. Can’t putt for crap. Giving himself a shot at some scores but can’t get anything to fall.

um, Bryson?!? 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

Wobbie said:

:whistle:
    Trolls be trollin'

Classic Wobbie

I think Bryson’s swing is ugly as sin, but can’t argue with it’s effectiveness right now.
    What in the Fuck is tiger wearing?!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Love it.  What I love even more is how upset people get about him just because he does things differently.  
    Do you like 2018 Formula 1 or 1970's NASCAR?  2018 Formula 1 is won by engineers staring at a screen and 1970's NASCAR was won by people driving harder than the next.  Overly simplistic but point is what is the fun in just leaving everything up to science and launch monitors.  Golf is getting more and more boring each year to watch on tv as  technology in my opinion is ruining the pro game (I'll take the extra yards with my driver to hit it a whopping 250 yards). 
    edited January 2019
    Do you like 2018 Formula 1 or 1970's NASCAR?  2018 Formula 1 is won by engineers staring at a screen and 1970's NASCAR was won by people driving harder than the next.  Overly simplistic but point is what is the fun in just leaving everything up to science and launch monitors.  Golf is getting more and more boring each year to watch on tv as  technology in my opinion is ruining the pro game (I'll take the extra yards with my driver to hit it a whopping 250 yards). 
    How would launch monitors ruin the game?  I’ll agree technology is hurting the sport, but it’s the ball and driver that are making historic courses irrelevant with bomb and gouge. Though the fairway bunkers were very much in play this week. 

I am not bryson’s biggest fan. The protractors and coefficient of restitution stuff is a little much for me, and while I don’t think his swing is pretty, the single length clubs and swing are pretty genius.

The ProV 1 is a significantly bigger threat to pro golf than the trackman 
    Bring back balata golf balls. 
    bbiggs said:
    Bring back balata golf balls. 
    Top flite!
    How would launch monitors ruin the game?  I’ll agree technology is hurting the sport, but it’s the ball and driver that are making historic courses irrelevant with bomb and gouge. Though the fairway bunkers were very much in play this week. 

I am not bryson’s biggest fan. The protractors and coefficient of restitution stuff is a little much for me, and while I don’t think his swing is pretty, the single length clubs and swing are pretty genius.

The ProV 1 is a significantly bigger threat to pro golf than the trackman 

Yeah, I'm not saying Trackman is ruining the game, but is just part of the technology.  Who wouldn't try to build as much speed as possible with the driver and then spend hours with a Trackman honing in their 70-130 yard wedge?  The technology making it easier to do that (Trackman), the golf club technology and the biggest culprit (golf ball) are in my opinion making the game boring.  The players are much, much better now (they all have entourages that help with swing, health and mental game) so you can't knock the results, but I just think it all combines to a much more dull game to watch.  We either need to dial back the golf ball or change the courses to focus more on accuracy and penalize wild tee shots with more hazards/excessive rough. 

Then again, we only see the players playing well every week on tv and not the players getting cut or that are 10 shots back. 

I think it would be great to watch these guys play with persimmon drivers and balata balls. The playing field is already so level because of the athleticism and training regimens that followed Tiger’s greatness. It would bring back some of the “thinking man’s game” element. No more high 320 yard carry bombs cutting off dog legs.