PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Halladay goes in as  Blue Jay or Phillie? Couldn't he go in as both? I thought I remember one year someone went in for two teams
    Blue jay for sure right? 

Only one logo on a baseball hat
    yeah i thought someone went in with two teams, but I guess not.

Yeah i guess he would go in as a blue jay. played like 11 years or so there and only 4 in philly.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    So I actually love what they’re doing in the old McFaddens. Did you guys hear about the plans?  They’re putting the old Vet Liberty Bell up in a prominent spot. Wonder why it’s taken this long to figure out a use for it though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    (taco) Bell instead of Shake Shack going in there?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Congrats Doc!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    So I actually love what they’re doing in the old McFaddens. Did you guys hear about the plans?  They’re putting the old Vet Liberty Bell up in a prominent spot. Wonder why it’s taken this long to figure out a use for it though...
    Yeah, I mean I figured they wouldn't let that space go to waste before the season. And they finally smartened up and are going to keep that revenue in-house than letting some outside vendor hold down the spot.

They just gotta announce this Harper signing already. I think he wears #7.
    Yeah, I mean I figured they wouldn't let that space go to waste before the season. And they finally smartened up and are going to keep that revenue in-house than letting some outside vendor hold down the spot.

Oh I forgot about Harper. He's still not signed yet?
    chinese-happy.jpg

Oh I forgot about Harper. He's still not signed yet?
    Signed, just waiting for them to announce this thing. Aaaaaaany minute now.....
    Dumbest off-season ever. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Last season was tough to top but I think they did it!

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Halladay going in logoless. Might see two this year.
    edited January 2019
    Whaaaaa? I mean I loved the guy with a P on his head, but that's not his hat, or even his jersey number. The guy was here for four season - two where he absolutely dominated, one where he fell apart, and one where he realized he didn't have it anymore.
    Has that happened before?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Maddux I think. 
    Maddux I think. 
    yep he did

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Maddux is surprising.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    Maddux I think. 
    yep he did

Opening sentence of that article:

"Ken Griffey Jr. is going into the Hall of Fame as a Seattle Mariner, and Mike Piazza’s plaque will feature a New York Mets hat. Those decisions were largely expected, but a strong case could be made for Griffey with the Cincinnati Reds and Piazza with the Los Angeles Dodgers"

Ummm...no, there's no strong case to be made for Griffey to wear a Reds cap.

And Maddux should have a Braves cap.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Yeah, that's dumb. Maddux was a Brave more than any team. Griffey isn't a Red.

I could definitely see the argument of Piazza being no-logo or Dodger, though.
    Poncier said:
    Maddux I think. 
    yep he did

"Ken Griffey Jr. is going into the Hall of Fame as a Seattle Mariner, and Mike Piazza’s plaque will feature a New York Mets hat. Those decisions were largely expected, but a strong case could be made for Griffey with the Cincinnati Reds and Piazza with the Los Angeles Dodgers"

I am a Reds fan and Griffey is my favorite player.
    No way he should ever have even considered a Reds cap.
    Perhaps if he had roided up like Barry and Roger then he would not have been injured the whole time there and would have hit another 300 bombs.  :lol:  Then, perhaps a Reds cap.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    Poncier said:
    Maddux I think. 
    yep he did

Perhaps if he had roided up like Barry and Roger then he would not have been injured the whole time there and would have hit another 300 bombs.  :lol:  Then, perhaps a Reds cap.
    Or perhaps the roids he took are what caused those injuries...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo

(got to use that video twice in a matter of minutes)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Nah, not buying it. 
    God bless Philly. I truly love this city and you people more than anything. 
    Whaaaaat happened, Cliff?
    I got drunk.  I don't remember why this was, but assume it was while I was in a taxi heading home.
    I got drunk.  I don't remember why this was, but assume it was while I was in a taxi heading home.
    You take taxis?
    You take taxis?
    Walked out of Standard Tap and one was there, so hopped in to get home.

I did take one over that way too in the afternoon.  Traffic was a mess with a sink hole and Chestnut closed and uber drivers never know their way around the city (or where to stop at my office). Sometimes it's just easier.
    "Are we simply watching irrational excesses being wrung out of the free-agent market after too many decades in a contract Wild West? Or, in addition to that business-driven logic, are we also watching competition and entertainment value being drained from a sport for the sake of maxing profit? Or is this all an accident?"

I say a little bit of column A & B.
    I took a taxi last week for the first time in a while.  Felt strange 
    I took a taxi last week for the first time in a while.  Felt strange 
    I don’t often. Decison was easy when we had 30 people on my team trying get across the city  and all taking Uber’s and there was a line of taxis sitting at commerce square