PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Ended up only having a few drinks and going to bed early.
    Glad I did.  
    Looks like I missed 2016, nearly all over again.

A few of you are super into the polls and all of that - what do you think now?

Great Grandfather still have a chance?
    (If the Orange Menace lets all votes get counted.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Did a little reading around making breakfast for the boy....looks like there are some strong paths.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I fell asleep on the couch around 10:30. I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I worked shifts from 6:30am until 8:30pm. Looks like sixtysix wards guy updated his projections and we're going to meet, or at best slightly exceed 2016.

I woke up on the couch at 3:45 with a sick feeling in my stomach. I'd like this to stop happening.

Fucking shame they're not getting the Senate - without that all Biden will do IF he wins is veto, veto, veto.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    That was a rollercoaster last night. I was close to going to sleep like 5 times, then boom, something happened.  At least I went to sleep a good bit before Trump spoke.

I feel good at this point.  Yeah, the senate is a bummer and will obviously have a huge impact on what gets done, but I am feeling good about this prick more or less being out of my life.
    Yeah that is problematic.  
    I don't think there is much we can do about the fucking cavemen and bible moms out there.
    Time to face that we live in a country where half of the people are garbage.

If I didn't have a family I would take my bank wad and leave.
    A lot of racist ass uncomfortable white people. I look forward to when we're a minority majority.

Funny you say that - my wife has dual citizenship in Ireland. We've certainly talked about it being a possibility.
    And there was just a racist argument outside of my house...

Yeah, I would leave too if it wasn't for family.

Yes, this country is full of horrible people, but Biden is about to get more votes than any presidential candidate ever and Trump will be gone.
    Hope so.
    Fuuuuuck - pretty sure they're releasing the Walter Wallace body cam footage today, too.
    Fuuuuuck - pretty sure they're releasing the Walter Wallace body cam footage today, too.
    Yeah this is a terrible idea...of all days 
    Careful out there!
    How many hundreds of thousands of Republican lawyers are there, tons of elections lawyers at that, and you tap Rudy to lead the effort

Imagine if Trump were mildly capable 
    Is Sasha Baron Cohen on his way to PA right now?

Trump is such a fucking nutcase.
    edited November 2020
    Just watched it. Hollllllly fuck. The gas tank is open, just waiting for the match now.

Edit: sorry, I'm putting it here. It should be circulated. If you don't want to watch it, by all means don't.

Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Just watched it. Hollllllly fuck. The gas tank is open, just waiting for the match now.

Edit: sorry, I'm putting it here. It should be circulated. If you don't want to watch it, by all means don't.

I lean towards the police usually in these types of situations but there is no reason for each officer to have fired 7x each.  also is it a good idea to have a 25 and 26 year old working together.  Shouldn’t one have more experience?  There has to be better training in these situations
    edited November 2020
    • Better, longer, extensive training.
    • Abolish Qualified Immunity.
    • Public bargaining agreements.
    • Cut their budget by a 1/3 and send that money to better served community resources.
    • Live in the community you patrol.
    • Walk the fucking beat and get your lazy ass out of the patrol car.
    Until the above happens, fuck 'em.
    ALSO, I can see this narrative coming from a mile away. Let's not frame 25 & 26 year old, grown, adult men like children here. Like they don't have a fucking brain and aren't capable of controlling their actions. I'm heated today.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Heard there was still a lot of mail in ballots that have yet to be counted in the philly area :smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Heard there was still a lot of mail in ballots that have yet to be counted in the philly area :smiley:
    I don't want to celebrate yet, but it looks like the margins are going to be Ol' Joe passing Fuckface by 80-100k votes at some point. It would be fucking amazing if what puts him over the top is Philly.
    ALSO, I can see this narrative coming from a mile away. Let's not frame 25 & 26 year old, grown, adult men like children here. Like they don't have a fucking brain and aren't capable of controlling their actions. I'm heated today.
    Well yes and no, if you have two inexperienced officers in this situation for the first time there is a better chance mistakes will be made.  I would think leadership on assignments would not have two younger officers together
    I don't want to celebrate yet, but it looks like the margins are going to be Ol' Joe passing Fuckface by 80-100k votes at some point. It would be fucking amazing if what puts him over the top is Philly.
    Definitely not time to celebrate yet,  still don’t trust the courts so I think Biden needs some cushion. Looking good but this game has time left.  Wish we could just skip right to inauguration day
    Um....I don't understand how this math in PA works in Biden's favor at this moment...
    What are you all using for source of updated counting?
    I'm just watching TV.  Down 95k but only 85k ballots left in Philly.  I get that the mail ballots still go to Biden even outside of Philly, but is there enough...
    370k total left.  My math has Biden winning PA with 65% of mail in.
    97,900 down / 8% left on ABCNews right now....so tough to keep up!
    555,019 votes left to make it up....?
    I am not a math guy but that seems right to me....

edited November 2020
    I'm just watching TV.  Down 95k but only 85k ballots left in Philly.  I get that the mail ballots still go to Biden even outside of Philly, but is there enough...
    Should be around 500-600k out there. Regardless, Biden's been pulling ~75/25 on mail-in ballots. As long as he does no worse than ~60/40 he's good.

I'm mainly following the NYT numbers coming in, but have a cadre of Election Nerd Twitter that I've been checking up on.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Also, this is good for real-time odds:

https://elidourado.com/election/

Which would roughly be the minimum 60/40 Biden would need. If Biden keeps up his pace the math says he wins by 100-200k votes.

Which would roughly be the minimum 60/40 Biden would need. If Biden keeps up his pace the math says he wins by 100-200k votes.

Yep...Nate just said he barring something we don't know he doesn't see how this turns out well from Trump in PA.