Donald Trump

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    I can't fucking believe his approval rating is that high. That is pretty scary.
    Yes.

If the poll could be considered credible... is 1/3 of America actually digging this guy's performance? Seriously?

That is messed up.
    His base of white nationalists.
    Do you really think that 34% or anywhere near that number of American voters are white nationalists?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    The poll also had support of independent at 28%, with a 71% disapproval. 

Yikes
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes.

If the poll could be considered credible... is 1/3 of America actually digging this guy's performance? Seriously?

That is messed up.
    no, not a third of the country. he captured 1/5th of the population. These polls arent a reflection of the country as a whole. either registered voters, only those who did in fact vote or specifically folks who voted for him.

Those details are important to know when relying on that data.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Also, I’m sure a large portion don’t necessarily identify with being white nationalist, but when pressed on their beliefs align with white nationalist ideals.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes.

That is messed up.
    Do you really think that 34% or anywhere near that number of American voters are white nationalists?
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes.

That is messed up.
    34% of PTeam TrUmp TreasonIN voters, 21-22 million Americans, sure, if not self identified white nationalists, sympathetic to the cause.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Oh, you think the poll means that 34% of Trump voters support him? So only Trump voters were polled?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    34% of all registered votes support him, per that poll. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh, you think the poll means that 34% of Trump voters support him? So only Trump voters were polled?
    thats the part most leave out. Just who was polled to get that particular result.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Kat said:
    I'd be interested in other's honest takes on this issue.  Cause IMO, while trump has been losing the battles on the shutdown and the wall and looking like a child with his canceling of planes...this is a petty act by Pelosi.  My initial take.  And it gives trump a, "See how they treat me as president" opportunity.  I do not see the value in what Pelosi is doing.  Trump put her in a bad spot and won this stupid battle.
    I thought that at first because it gave Trump the rare opportunity to take the high road. Then he turns around and makes her get off the airplane runway last week. So he doubled down on her pettiness.

At this point, I am glad that she held her ground. I don't think she had a choice. The problem in her initial canceling letter was citing security concerns. The reasoning should always have been just because the government is shut down. That makes sense to not have a state of the union while he has his own government shut down. The whole thing is pretty childish though. 
    And to expect the secret service and capitol police to provide the heightend level of security without pay. At least Nancy doesn't want to further rub salt in the wound.
    Yeah that's fair.  But they will be working anyhow without pay ;)

I honestly don't know what I would do if in her shoes.  Maybe the same, though like Juggler mentioned it would have been better to make the reason the shutdown only.  But I also still think this gives him a little ammo....and he was all out of it before then.  This is really petty all around.  My opinion is congress should be in chambers...in session until passing government funding.  The president should be in the oval office until he signs something.  They should be working round the clock...and since Trump is being a baby, keep sending him bills.  The fact that they can just not work (and still get paid) while others are working and not being paid is ridiculous.
    Nancy, Chuck and Lindsey thought they had a deal. Team Trump Treason listens to his president, Ann Coulter, and VP, Rushbo, and walks away from it. Then Team Trump Treason invites Chuck and Nancy to the Oval Office to negotiate but instead is a petulant man child not interested in policy specifics but bluster and embarrassmnet, who then goes on to say that he'll own the shut down because he's a "tough" guy. Team Trump Treason can't be trusted nor is he willing to compromise. He's not the smartest guy in the room. Fuck him, he owns it, fully.
    That’s the shutdown. What about the SOTU?
    hippiemom = goodness
    Tiki said:
    Fuck that guy.
    Always adding so much. You really should try harder, I bet you have some good to contribute.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • 34% of all registered votes support him, per that poll. 
    So how can we assume that the rest of the public isn’t the same ratio?

Is geography a factor?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Tiki said:
    Fuck that guy.
    Always adding so much. You really should try harder, I bet you have some good to contribute.
    I second.  Fuck him some more.
    Kat said:
    I'd be interested in other's honest takes on this issue.  Cause IMO, while trump has been losing the battles on the shutdown and the wall and looking like a child with his canceling of planes...this is a petty act by Pelosi.  My initial take.  And it gives trump a, "See how they treat me as president" opportunity.  I do not see the value in what Pelosi is doing.  Trump put her in a bad spot and won this stupid battle.
    I thought that at first because it gave Trump the rare opportunity to take the high road. Then he turns around and makes her get off the airplane runway last week. So he doubled down on her pettiness.

At this point, I am glad that she held her ground. I don't think she had a choice. The problem in her initial canceling letter was citing security concerns. The reasoning should always have been just because the government is shut down. That makes sense to not have a state of the union while he has his own government shut down. The whole thing is pretty childish though. 
    And to expect the secret service and capitol police to provide the heightend level of security without pay. At least Nancy doesn't want to further rub salt in the wound.

I honestly don't know what I would do if in her shoes.  Maybe the same, though like Juggler mentioned it would have been better to make the reason the shutdown only.  But I also still think this gives him a little ammo....and he was all out of it before then.  This is really petty all around.  My opinion is congress should be in chambers...in session until passing government funding.  The president should be in the oval office until he signs something.  They should be working round the clock...and since Trump is being a baby, keep sending him bills.  The fact that they can just not work (and still get paid) while others are working and not being paid is ridiculous.
    Nancy, Chuck and Lindsey thought they had a deal. Team Trump Treason listens to his president, Ann Coulter, and VP, Rushbo, and walks away from it. Then Team Trump Treason invites Chuck and Nancy to the Oval Office to negotiate but instead is a petulant man child not interested in policy specifics but bluster and embarrassmnet, who then goes on to say that he'll own the shut down because he's a "tough" guy. Team Trump Treason can't be trusted nor is he willing to compromise. He's not the smartest guy in the room. Fuck him, he owns it, fully.
    unless a deal was reached and that forum was used to announce, I think its bad optics for Trump to come give it. On the other hand, opposition gets the opportunity to rebut afterwards. That might be a good tell in who the DNC (Pelosi as the titular head of the party , favors in 2020)

vaggar99 said:
    Tiki said:
    Fuck that guy.
    I second.  Fuck him some more.
    Hahahah I knew you liked sloppy seconds!!!
    hippiemom = goodness

Is geography a factor?
    interesting, ALL registered voters. When only 57% or so of all registered voters did in fact vote.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mickeyrat said:

Is geography a factor?
    interesting, ALL registered voters. When only 57% or so of all registered voters did in fact vote.
    58% off eligible voters,  voted.  Not 58% of registered..
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Is geography a factor?
    58% off eligible voters,  voted.  Not 58% of registered..
    yes. got away from myself a little there.
    the point holds though.

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Speaking of polls, did you see, if not already mentioned, Trumps approval among Hispanics is at 50%. He’s working hard!

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    Speaking of polls, did you see, if not already mentioned, Trumps approval among Hispanics is at 50%. He’s working hard!
    :lol:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Kat said:

What about the state of the union do you think the country is in good shape that he should go up there and toot his own horn with a shutdown still on ? he should be man enough to do the state of the union and take full responsibility for it !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Kat said:

Team Trump Treason tells 15 lies a day and can’t be trusted. With the government shut down, I wouldn’t give him the opportunity to sully the house. I’m not sure I’d allow him to give it with the government open. He can hold a rally in Kentucky. Maybe Covington Catholic would invite him or Liberty University?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Congress gets paid so their butts should be there for the sotu.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Enough already... 

Someone tell Bobby to stop screwing around
    can't wait to read the SOTU 280 characters at a time
  • my2hands said:
    Enough already... 

Someone tell Bobby to stop screwing around
    Team Mueller ain’t screwing around and if there’s one time when I want gubmint to be perfect, it’s with this investigation, regardless of how it turns out (y’all know how I think it’ll turn out).

“There was no collusion.”
    ”I don’t know any Russians.”
    ”I have nothing to hide.”
    ”I’ll sit down and talk to anyone.”
    ”We do everything by the book.”
    “Only the guilty plea the fifth.”
    “Very legal, very cool.”

Follow the money, from Russia with love and a PTape, all the way to impeachment.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I'm sure those that want less government are thrilled about Trump right now and are helping keep his approval numbers above 30%. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • 34% of all registered votes support him, per that poll. 

Is geography a factor?
    I've always been kinda dismissive of polls like this. 34% of ALL registered voters support him? I wasn't polled. In fact, I've been a registered voter for 17 years and I haven't once been polled in any way. 

I half kidding there. There's obviously some sort of mathematics/science behind polls that makes it credible because they often times predict the correct outcomes. But I didn't buy the polls during the 2016 election because I felt there were a lot of closeted Trump supporters (I actually knew a couple personally) that didn't want to admit they supported him because they'd be made fun of for it. I think there are more of those Trump voters than there are MAGA-hat-wearing Trump fans. I  wonder if his horrible presidency will flip those "closeted" voters....because his fans aren't going anywhere. But they're just a vocal minority. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    vaggar99 said:
    This is awesome! 
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited January 2019
    vaggar99 said:
    This is awesome! 
    every once in a while
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Very sad that this is even necessary.... 

This discussion has been closed.