The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    So I made margheritas over the weekend and this time they turned out okay.
    I doubled the water.
    Only one issue, the base shrunk in the oven. Why?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    heat
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    heat
    Was thinking that or I over-kneaded the dough making it too elastic. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I doubled the water.
    It shrunk in diameter or in depth?

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Scissors lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Is that a pizza you cooked after taking out of the freezer?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Spiritual what the hell is that?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Either that or he's that good at chopping tomatoes and onions with scissors...
    It looks like carrots and potatoes on a pita.  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    Beef stew pizza! 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    :rofl: It's a shakshuka pie!
    Damn you spiritual! I've been eating so well but now because of your supposed picture of "pizza" I am going to have to order some pie tonight in order to bring this thread back on track.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Kinda looks like some hack after a night of boozing.  (on a pita)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    My wife read my mind. 
  • It was a frozan vegan Pizza Lidl had I wanted to try. Wasn't too yummy. Haha. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    It was a frozan vegan Pizza Lidl had I wanted to try. Wasn't too yummy. Haha. 

Don’t bring that pizza to the spa lol. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    It was a frozan vegan Pizza Lidl had I wanted to try. Wasn't too yummy. Haha. 

Don’t bring that pizza to the spa lol. 
    I think spa is changed to "making Borsjtj soup together and drink beer".

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    I knew it was vegan, lol. Blech.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I want an octogenarian woman from Eastern Europe to make me borscht.  I LOVE beets but I've never had borscht.
    edited January 2019
    rgambs said:
    I want an octogenarian woman from Eastern Europe to make me borscht.  I LOVE beets but I've never had borscht.
    Its the best soup! Second is sweetpotatosoup and third is pumpkinsoup. All three sweet. 
    eddiec said:
    I doubled the water.
    It shrunk in diameter or in depth?
    Diameter. 
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited January 2019
    rgambs said:

F**k I had it shoved down my throat growing up. Hated it, but ate it. I won't touch it today.

Ukrainian dad. Mom learned from his mom how to cook Ukrainian. Perogies, cabbage rolls and some other items were awesome, but borscht and all the other gross shit (head cheese... Geezuz) pissed me off.

My dad's side of the family were very poor growing up and any disrespect of food got you a good smack in the head lol. I slugged it back, but I didn't do so with love in my tummy.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife read my mind. 

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife read my mind. 

lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rgambs said:

F**k I had it shoved down my throat growing up. Hated it, but ate it. I won't touch it today.

Ukrainian dad. Mom learned from his mom how to cook Ukrainian. Perogies, cabbage rolls and some other items were awesome, but borscht and all the other gross shit (head cheese... Geezuz) pissed me off.

My dad's side of the family were very poor growing up and any disrespect of food got you a good smack in the head lol. I slugged it back, but I didn't do so with love in my tummy.
    I wonder if cabbage rolls is the the same as the thing we in Sweden call "kåldolmar". Cabbage wrapped around minced meat?

rgambs said:

I wonder if cabbage rolls is the the same as the thing we in Sweden call "kåldolmar". Cabbage wrapped around minced meat?

Yeah, it is.
    What's the red stuff?
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife read my mind. 

Da fuck?
    edited January 2019
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Yeah, it is.
    What's the red stuff?
    Lingonberries? 

Vaccinium vitis-idaea (lingonberrypartridgeberry or cowberry) is a short evergreen shrub in the heath family that bears edible fruitnative to boreal forest and Arctic tundra throughout the Northern Hemisphere from Eurasia to North America. 

Over here most often used as a jam for several dishes:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    I've never had lingonberries, being in the vaccinium family they ought to be a little too tart for being so cozy next to that gravy.