I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianlux said:
    Another one from Jules showed up today!  Juliana Hatfield, Weird, orange vinyl.  Came with some cool goodies including stickers, two buttons and a little pack of Battle Cap sweets.  Had to much to do to give it a proper listen so am setting aside tomorrow night to just soak it in.
    I used to love bottle cap sweets as a kid.

Root beer flavour was my favourite. I haven't seen or heard of these candies for over 30 years. Didn't even know they still made them!

* I bought U2 All That You Can't Leave Behind last night. Listened to it. Liked it. Forgot what a good album it is. The last 'good' album in my mind (with moderate respect given to How To Dismantle...).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    MedozK said:
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    All of my Who records sound thin - I love the music....

mrussel1 said:
    All of my Who records sound thin - I love the music....
    Agreed.  I'm never satisfied with Who albums.  I've given up on them unfortunately.  
    Even Live at Leeds?   That album sounds rich to me.  Perhaps I'm just lucky to have a decent copy, but it is just an average MCA re-issue.
    Fair enough.  I don't have that.  I was thinking more about the studio releases.  But you've made me realize that I don't have Leeds, which is one of the all time great concert videos.  
    YOU MUST GET LIVE AT LEEDS

The music gods have spoken!  :lol:
    I shall do that.

I'm also thinking about buying the MOFI repress of the The Band (the Band).  Anyone have this and can opine on the quality?  It is a classic album and MOFI is usually spot on.  

https://www.mofi.com/product-p/mfsl1-419.htm
    It’s great. I think there is an older version mastered by Robert Ludwig they is supposedly excellent but for price and availability of a clean copy the Mofi is a no brainer.
    Yes, I’ve been searching for a nice clean RL original for a while... it’s the way to go. But I have not heard the MOFI. so I can’t help you much there.
    Ok thanks guys.  I haven't decided yet.  
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Picked up the new Metric album Art of Doubt. Unfortunately missed out on the cool blue vinyl and got black, but I also picked up Weezer's blue album on blue swirl from Sound of Vinyl.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    brianlux said:
    Another one from Jules showed up today!  Juliana Hatfield, Weird, orange vinyl.  Came with some cool goodies including stickers, two buttons and a little pack of Battle Cap sweets.  Had to much to do to give it a proper listen so am setting aside tomorrow night to just soak it in.

Root beer flavour was my favourite. I haven't seen or heard of these candies for over 30 years. Didn't even know they still made them!

* I bought U2 All That You Can't Leave Behind last night. Listened to it. Liked it. Forgot what a good album it is. The last 'good' album in my mind (with moderate respect given to How To Dismantle...).
    All That You Can't Leave Behind  is great- maybe the last U2 album that really worked for me, but no complaints, they put out a lot of great stuff over the years!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

All That You Can't Leave Behind  is great- maybe the last U2 album that really worked for me, but no complaints, they put out a lot of great stuff over the years!
    You really should get the Achtung Baby reissue form 2018.  It's very full and dynamic.  That's the last album that I liked by them.  
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited January 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

You really should get the Achtung Baby reissue form 2018.  It's very full and dynamic.  That's the last album that I liked by them.  

lol

Doesn't count. But I have this edition. I wouldn't argue with your assessment of it's quality!

edit: I misinterpreted what you meant here. You never liked anything past Achtung Baby? I'd agree they never put anything out anywhere near as solid as that album, but that's a hell of a standard to meet.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I'll check it out, thanks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

It's super good!! I love that album. I think How To Dismantle A Nuclear Bomb is also quite good .... after that they fell apart.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Got my EU pressing of Vault 8 in the mail today, hope to get my US version soon so I can compare.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

It's super good!! I love that album. I think How To Dismantle A Nuclear Bomb is also quite good .... after that they fell apart.

I liked this album as well, but it felt a definitive notch below its predecessors for me.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    brianlux said:
    Just arrived all the way from Germany, 12" vinyl EP, Whatever's Cool With Me.

Wow, very nice Brian.. 
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    MedozK said:
    Got my EU pressing of Vault 8 in the mail today, hope to get my US version soon so I can compare.
    Please let us know your impression on both
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    Just arrived all the way from Germany, 12" vinyl EP, Whatever's Cool With Me.

Wow, very nice Brian.. 
    I'm not generally a completest but I with Dinosaur Jr and J Mascis I'm sort of close.  I don't collect every pressing and vinyl color but I have all the Dino and J stuff on vinyl (that I know of) except J's Martin + Me and maybe a few obscure singles.  Some day!

• Anybody pick up the DMB Live in Euro 2009 limited?

When did this actually come out?
    Anybody pick up the DMB Live in Euro 2009 limited?

This isn't official.  If it were, the Warehouse would have carried it.  I'm sure this is just a pressing of the digital releases.  I first noticed it in November.  
  • mrussel1 said:

This isn't official.  If it were, the Warehouse would have carried it.  I'm sure this is just a pressing of the digital releases.  I first noticed it in November.  
    https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/product/DMCD65/dmb-europe-2009-box-set?cp=1_5575_34962

DMB is selling it...
    mrussel1 said:

https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/product/DMCD65/dmb-europe-2009-box-set?cp=1_5575_34962

DMB is selling it...
    That is the CD set. We thought you were talking the LP box that showed up late last year.
  • MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

DMB is selling it...
    That is the CD set. We thought you were talking the LP box that showed up late last year.

I was referring to the LP boxset yes.  Is it the same thing though?
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

DMB is selling it...

Yeah but DMB is not selling the vinyl to my knowledge.  I'm sure it's a bootleg, pressed from the cd or flacs.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

DMB is selling it...

Yeah but DMB is not selling the vinyl to my knowledge.  I'm sure it's a bootleg, pressed from the cd or flacs.  
    Ahhh ok, got it.  Thanks.

I was looking on ebay for records and it popped up and I hadn't seen it before.
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

DMB is selling it...

Ahhh ok, got it.  Thanks.

I was looking on ebay for records and it popped up and I hadn't seen it before.
    Yeah, I saw it pop up too a while ago.  I"m sure it sounds okay, but no better than digital.  Hell if you want those shows, PM me.  I'm sure I have them. 
  • dogmattdogmatt Posts: 98

Reissue.  Worth every cent of the $180 I spent.  Well done and the LPs sound exceptional.  This is the way all vinyl reissues should be.
    dogmatt said:

Reissue.  Worth every cent of the $180 I spent.  Well done and the LPs sound exceptional.  This is the way all vinyl reissues should be.
    Hell yeah!  Wildflowers alone is worth it.  Better than the original press which was digital.  Guard with your life. 
  • CobCob Posts: 857

[img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    dogmatt said:

Awesome!! I have this as well & it's one of my favorites in my collection.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    dogmatt said:

The Live Anthology just slightly tops it though.. The quality is out of this world and the presentation (book style) is the icing.  

Agree with all the above. The Tom Petty camp cares about vinyl and it shows.
    I was in my local store today and I saw the release of the "Song Remains the Same" box.  Growing up that was one of my favorites, but the list was $149.  No way can I pay that for 4 records.  
    dogmatt said:

Cob said:

mrussel1 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    dogmatt said:

The Live Anthology just slightly tops it though.. The quality is out of this world and the presentation (book style) is the icing.  

Nice, nice and nice!  :plus_one: