Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    I'm after this bundle for this year: Pearl Jam - Give Way (2LP/CD)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    I really lucked out... finally, a beautiful, nearly flawless copy of this classic.  This copy was repressed two years after the original, but what a fine, clean, clear copy.  And the cover is immaculate.  Lucky, lucky day.
    And I can finally say "goodbye" to the beater that seldom gets played!

Buffalo Springfield – Buffalo Springfield Again

Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield Again album cover
    Label:ATCO Records – SD 33-226, ATCO Records – SD33-226
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress, Stereo, PR
    Released:1969
    Genre:Rock

Presswell copy,  very nice.  This is one of the better plants from that era.  

Yeah, Presswells sound great. 

Another rather nifty score, one I thought I was upgrading an older copy.. Got this, and realized I not longer had the older version.  It's got a couple of clicks one side one (looks like a small needle bump), but for the most part sounds amazing.  I won't- to say the least- be needing an upgrade any longer, lol.

Steve Miller Band ‎– Fly Like An Eagle

Label:
    Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab ‎– MFSL 1-021, Capitol Records ‎– MFSL 1-021
    Series:
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue, Remastered
    US
    Released:
    Oct 1979
    Genre:
    Rock
    Style:
    Pop Rock

I have a Japanese import of this.  It was my cousins from when she was a kid.  I've never listened to it.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    theres a few I'd get. I notice most titles are more limited in quanity than recent rsd's
    That's good.  For the last few years they printed pretty much everything in record numbers and I haven't had to go out early.

I'll go out this year as I want to find the Pigeons playing Pin Pong and that Randy Savage album.  I'd get the Violent Femmes album too.  No DMB this year?  He does something every year for it I thought?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    I really lucked out... finally, a beautiful, nearly flawless copy of this classic.  This copy was repressed two years after the original, but what a fine, clean, clear copy.  And the cover is immaculate.  Lucky, lucky day.
    And I can finally say "goodbye" to the beater that seldom gets played!

Buffalo Springfield – Buffalo Springfield Again

Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield Again album cover
    Label:ATCO Records – SD 33-226, ATCO Records – SD33-226
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress, Stereo, PR
    Released:1969
    Genre:Rock

Presswell copy,  very nice.  This is one of the better plants from that era.  

Yeah, Presswells sound great. 

Another rather nifty score, one I thought I was upgrading an older copy.. Got this, and realized I not longer had the older version.  It's got a couple of clicks one side one (looks like a small needle bump), but for the most part sounds amazing.  I won't- to say the least- be needing an upgrade any longer, lol.

Steve Miller Band ‎– Fly Like An Eagle

Label:
    Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab ‎– MFSL 1-021, Capitol Records ‎– MFSL 1-021
    Series:
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue, Remastered
    US
    Released:
    Oct 1979
    Genre:
    Rock
    Style:
    Pop Rock

I have a Japanese import of this.  It was my cousins from when she was a kid.  I've never listened to it.

I almost hate to admit this, but as much as some of the songs on this are stone cold classic 70s rock, there are some numbers here that are real duds to me.  There's a part of me that wants to sell it and but a standard issue.  I mean, I could really make some money off of this one- I picked it up in a thrift store for $3.00 !  But I'm still mulling it over.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,909
    Slow news day in new vinyl…

bump
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options

bump
    Slow News day, except I got my shipping notification for the Exodus UHQR. Can't wait to give it a listen!
    here for the music...
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,909

bump
    Slow News day, except I got my shipping notification for the Exodus UHQR. Can't wait to give it a listen!
    👌
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654

bump
    👌
    Mine should arrive tomorrow.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    Mark Lanegan — Live in Turnhout (Knuckles) and Live at The Stone Pony, New Jersey

These were limited to 250 copies of each through Rough Trade and they didn’t last long. There was a third one (Mescalito - but I already have a digital copy of that) but they were £50 each so I just got the 2 new ones.

We are very happy to have been asked by the Mark Lanegan estate to be the exclusive outlet for this live release. For many years Mark pressed live recordings to be sold on his Merch tables at shows. These recordings were pressed by him for the 2020 tour that had to be cancelled due to covid lockdowns in Europe and have sat in his storage since then.”
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    pjpjpaul said:

I had no idea this was even released.  That's pretty annoying.  AP needs a newsletter or digital marketing.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

I had no idea this was even released.  That's pretty annoying.  AP needs a newsletter or digital marketing.  
    Well you missed the frustration of their website crashing for hours.  Took forever to get an order through.  Haven’t opened mine yet.  You can sign up on their mailing list.
  • Options
    garland09 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Well you missed the frustration of their website crashing for hours.  Took forever to get an order through.  Haven’t opened mine yet.  You can sign up on their mailing list.
    If I remember correctly, this wasn't on their mailing list. It was randomly on their YouTube channel, then social media...then hours of agony for folks really trying to get it. I remember sitting there on my lunch break from work, rolling the dice and it somehow worked out. But certainly glad I landed one. It sounds incredible. 
    here for the music...
  • Options
    garland09 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

If I remember correctly, this wasn't on their mailing list. It was randomly on their YouTube channel, then social media...then hours of agony for folks really trying to get it. I remember sitting there on my lunch break from work, rolling the dice and it somehow worked out. But certainly glad I landed one. It sounds incredible. 
    I'd prefer if you told me that it sounds like dogshit. 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds-Live at Luther College
    Black Crowes-1972
    Tom Petty and the HB- Fillmore 3LP
    Pink Floyd-Animal 2018 Mix
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,031
    How does that Dave and Tim album sound???
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    How does that Dave and Tim album sound???
    If you have passing interest in D&T, that's a must own.  Recorded expertly, mastered perfectly, pressed wonderfully.  Plus Dave and Tim were phenomenal that night. 
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,031
    Thank you! Time to grab a copy!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    What do you guys think a Ten Super Deluxe Box set is worth?  I only listened to mine a couple of times when it came out and it is just taking up real estate on my shelf.  Pretty sure I am gonna pass it on but want to make sure I am not gonna go in with high expectations on price or come off as trying to rip somebody off.  I looked on Discogs and see low is $270 but I am not sure on how to condition a comprehensive set with multiple records clothbound slip case etc.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    What do you guys think a Ten Super Deluxe Box set is worth?  I only listened to mine a couple of times when it came out and it is just taking up real estate on my shelf.  Pretty sure I am gonna pass it on but want to make sure I am not gonna go in with high expectations on price or come off as trying to rip somebody off.  I looked on Discogs and see low is $270 but I am not sure on how to condition a comprehensive set with multiple records clothbound slip case etc.
    Is that low asking price or is that lowest sale price?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

lowest sale history..

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    lowest asking price on discos as of yesterday.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

lowest sale history..

Thanks Mick, it looks like 200 plus shipping should be fair.  Now I just have to find a box for it.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Signed up for vmp annual subscription and got 8 free vinyl with a coupon in addition to my first month's pick. Here are the picks-

1. Bob Dylan- Blonde on Blonde
    2. Grateful Dead- In The Dark
    3. Ornette Coleman- The Shape of Jazz to Come
    4. Fiona Apple- Extraordinary Machine
    5. The Meters- Rejuvenation 
    6. Elton John- Honky Château 
    7. Dizzy Gillespie- Afro
    8. Gabor Szabo- Dreams

Air- Moon Safari was my first month's pick 

Can't wait for this haul to arrive.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,981
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

lowest sale history..

Thanks Mick, it looks like 200 plus shipping should be fair.  Now I just have to find a box for it.
    Opened these sell for $200 on ebay.  I find discogs to be much higher than ebay prices on a consistent basis.
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    Signed up for vmp annual subscription and got 8 free vinyl with a coupon in addition to my first month's pick. Here are the picks-

7. Dizzy Gillespie- Afro
    8. Gabor Szabo- Dreams

Wow! Nice picks, all! 
    Cool to see you're getting a Gabor Szabo title.  One of my favorite jazz/pop/rock/Hungarian music guitarists.
    And Ornette's The Shape of Jazz to Come- awesome!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    pjpjpaul said:

7. Dizzy Gillespie- Afro
    8. Gabor Szabo- Dreams

Wow! Nice picks, all! 
    Cool to see you're getting a Gabor Szabo title.  One of my favorite jazz/pop/rock/Hungarian music guitarists.
    And Ornette's The Shape of Jazz to Come- awesome!
    Thanks. I wanted to go mostly for AAA titles this time and complete my Fiona Apple discography too.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    VMP is modern day Columbia House. Cool
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 635

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    Finally, a superb copy of this classic.  I've had three or four original/early pressings that I've found used but they've always been ones that have been abused.  This Sundazed reissue is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!  The music itself is easily 5 star and I feel like I've just heard this killer LP for the first time.  Paul Butterfield Blues Band is in the house!

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band – East-West

Primary
    Label:Sundazed Music – LP 5096
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo, Blue
    Released:2018
    Genre:Rock, Blues
    Style:Blues Rock, Electric Blues, Chicago Blues, Harmonica Blues