Options

The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Can anyone tell me the best strain for anxiety.  I may not have a choice of strains here in England but I want to know what to look out for I've heard indica strains. If so what is the highest indica strain etc. Enlighten me please
    The Best Cannabis Strains for Anxiety

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/what-are-the-best-cannabis-strains-for-anxiety
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Yeah I don’t really deal with buying weed just because of anxiety , I have more control by growing my own it turns out better no to much anxiety at all I also found that eating edibles instead of smoking it cuts down on anxiety for me ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    rgambs said:
    Yeah I have found it increases anxiety. I desperately don't want it to because I need a release. Drink is bad. And I have been hearing weed can help but never found it so. So I would try a strain that is popular with sufferers and I have chronic health anxiety over many years and all meds I've had have neg effects. I would love a natural way
    You aren't likely to find a single strain that relieves anxiety if others don't.  The strains are not nearly as different as many people believe.  Sure, there are differences, but no matter what anyone says, marijuana is not a medicine, it's an effective remedy.  The difference is that a medicine is extracted, concentrated, and precisely controlled, and despite what some will advertise, no marijuana product has the level of precision and consistency that it would require to be a real medicine.
    If marijuana gives you anxiety, it's just the way it is.  People with anxiety aren't often relieved by mind altering substances, unfortunately.
    Truth

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Ok thanks I was just looking into it as a relaxing thing but yeah I accept I have anxiety amongst other stuff. I heard people say oh it helps with my anxiety and I was naturally curious as I'm getting older and worse   I'm looking into anything really
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Ok thanks I was just looking into it as a relaxing thing but yeah I accept I have anxiety amongst other stuff. I heard people say oh it helps with my anxiety and I was naturally curious as I'm getting older and worse   I'm looking into anything really
    Cannabis has helped with anxiety for me, I was on anxiety medicine in the past.  You know one of the side effects of those anxiety meds I was on...could cause suicidal thoughts.  I never heard of Cannabis causing suicidal thoughts.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Yeah I had one med that did do that. I've tried so many. Oh well
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Yeah I had one med that did do that. I've tried so many. Oh well
    When you use Cannabis, does it relax you at all?  Because Cannabis is not necessarily going to work for everybody, but that can be said for anxiety medicine.  You did say you tried many different meds as well, so obviously they are not helping as well as you like.  

I found the longer I was on my anxiety meds, the less effective they were in controlling anxiety.  Anxiety is so damn tough on people.  All I can say is just keep trying, never give up.  A few years ago, I was having regular panic attacks. Since I decided to ditch the anxiety meds and use Cannabis to treat anxiety I no longer have panic attacks and my anxiety is minimal.  

You live London, maybe see if there are compassionate clubs.  They are essentially illegal clubs who help people who want Cannabis to treat ailments.  There are some in my area, they also help people who can not afford Cannabis.

There are now three insurance companies in Canada that allow medical licence holders to submit for reimbursement, The real Canadian Superstore now reimburses medicinal users who are employed by them, the Canadian Armed Forces reimburses up to 5 grams a day.

I'm not sure insurance companies would be reimbursing people if they did not believe that Cannabis has some benefit in getting people off unnecessary pharmaceuticals, and unlike big pharma, I'm paying the same for my Cannabis that I was 6 years ago.  Do you think pharma would hold the line on pricing for 6 years?

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Pro

found
  • Options
    True
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The mature stoner: why are so many seniors smoking weed?
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jan/14/the-mature-stoner-why-are-so-many-seniors-smoking-weed?CMP=fb_gu&fbclid=IwAR279EQ4l6q_FxANpaHExpqdCuTGt0LzFEjI7jhhpfSUxJ4PqSvzt8NTpZo

Seniors’ affinity for weed is beginning to ripple across the US healthcare system. A 2016 study found that in states with access to medical marijuana, those using Medicare part D – a benefit primarily for seniors – received fewer prescriptions for other drugs to treat depression, anxiety, pain, and other chronic issues.

in the Journal of the American Medical Association found opioid prescriptions for Medicare part D recipients dropped 14% after a state legalized medical marijuana – a hopeful sign amid the opioids crisis.

While some doctors have expressed concerns about seniors self-medicating with weed, virtually everyone agrees the public health consequences of opioids are far worse. And the most serious health concerns associated with marijuana, such as impaired brain development, tend to affect younger people.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    bought some indica. I told the dude about my anxiety and how I don't like being paranoid. He told me he has the same issue, no worries, indica is relaxing ("in da couch"). smoked a bit and was more paranoid right outta the gate than I recall being in a LONG time. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Large trial planned in BC to examine efficacy of cannabis oil in patients with cancer. 

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-cancer-to-lead-first-national-cannabis-clinical-trial-for-symptom-relief
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Large trial planned in BC to examine efficacy of cannabis oil in patients with cancer. 

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-cancer-to-lead-first-national-cannabis-clinical-trial-for-symptom-relief
    Very excited to start seeing some actual clinical trials. I "believe" in its efficacy in treating some things because I've experienced it and probably want to believe it. But there are so many "snake oil" claims made in the industry that it sometimes makes me roll my eyes. So having actual, scientific, clinical trials with peer reviewed studies published will really help shed light on actual uses, debunk myths and confirm successes. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    jeffbr said:

Very excited to start seeing some actual clinical trials. I "believe" in its efficacy in treating some things because I've experienced it and probably want to believe it. But there are so many "snake oil" claims made in the industry that it sometimes makes me roll my eyes. So having actual, scientific, clinical trials with peer reviewed studies published will really help shed light on actual uses, debunk myths and confirm successes. 
    Yes, exactly. If you read some sites it’s like cannabis is a cure all for everything from measles to the plague. That’s always a red flag because nothing works like that. 

There is some scientific data, which overall is not as strong as some wish it to be. We need larger, more robust studies, but I think everyone should be prepared that we are likely to get evidence that it isn’t effective in some areas that people hope for. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    bought some indica. I told the dude about my anxiety and how I don't like being paranoid. He told me he has the same issue, no worries, indica is relaxing ("in da couch"). smoked a bit and was more paranoid right outta the gate than I recall being in a LONG time. 

ug, i hate to hear these stories

Not sure what the laws are in your neck of the woods.  But pot shops should not be 'prescribing' or offering medical opinion.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Not sure what the laws are in your neck of the woods.  But pot shops should not be 'prescribing' or offering medical opinion.  
    he didn't. I know full well how different strains can affect different people in different ways. He was relaying his experience, I knew to take it with a grain of salt that it might not be the same for me. I've been smoking for nearly 30 years, and I'm new to the "strain game". he also told me what I already knew: different variables cause different reactions. I don't fault him for that at all. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cannabis effects people in different ways.  Just like anti-depressants, you might have to try several different kinds before you find one that is effective for you, same with Cannabis.  But that is why research is important, and we will start to see more studies.  There is an awful lot of people out there that have found Cannabis useful for whatever condition it helps them with, including myself.  But I would never try to treat cancer with it alone obviously.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I'll try it again. who knows, could have been something as simple as my mind set going in. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Marijuana just isn't an anxiolytic drug.  It calms some people, but even then, it produces symptoms that are common anxiety triggers...racing heartbeat, throat and chest disruption, scattered thoughts, etc
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Marijuana just isn't an anxiolytic drug.  It calms some people, but even then, it produces symptoms that are common anxiety triggers...racing heartbeat, throat and chest disruption, scattered thoughts, etc
    I know. I generally don't have issues, and my anxiety is really bad. This time was an outlier. 

I shouldn't even really have mentioned my anxiety. it just made me paranoid while I was high, not anxious. if it had made my anxiety bad, I wouldn't have been able to talk myself down by just saying "it's just the weed making you paranoid and seeing things out of the corner of your eye...calm the fuck down". 

alcohol (the day after) is WAY worse for my anxiety than weed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191 said:

he didn't. I know full well how different strains can affect different people in different ways. He was relaying his experience, I knew to take it with a grain of salt that it might not be the same for me. I've been smoking for nearly 30 years, and I'm new to the "strain game". he also told me what I already knew: different variables cause different reactions. I don't fault him for that at all. 
    Fair enough. It's a fine line to walk.

I've heard of issues.  Eventually some dispensary is going to get itself in real trouble giving bad advice.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    What's the harm if someone tells Hugh, "this works for my anxiety, maybe it'll help".  He is not going to die from it, sounds like the worst that happens is Hugh gets paranoid and high.  By the way, I know a fellow who quit smoking Cannabis because it made him paranoid, no matter what strain he tried.  I do not get paranoid when toking...or if I do, it doesn't bother me.

I understand the giving bad advice when dealing with medical problems, but people who own these health type stores that sell supplements have been giving out advice for years...

At the end of the day, Cannabis should be considered a supplement.  But in no way would I ever think I could treat a severe medical issue with it alone.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited January 2019
    CM189191 said:

I
    There are no laws against giving opinions, especially not when asked for them. The guy never claimed to be a doctor.
    Weed affects different people differently - it really is just a matter of trial and error until you find what works for you (or to find that weed isn't for you at all). Luckily weed is at least cheap, so this method isn't a massive financial burden, and it's not dangerous either. It's not like bad advice about which strain to try is going to kill anyone.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:

I
    There are no laws against giving opinions, especially not when asked for them. The guy never claimed to be a doctor.
    Weed affects different people differently - it really is just a matter of trial and error until you find what works for you (or to find that weed isn't for you at all). Luckily weed is at least cheap, so this method isn't a massive financial burden, and it's not dangerous either. It's not like bad advice about which strain to try is going to kill anyone.
    this
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:

I

that's the issue....you can't claim "well, I'm not a doctor"...and then proceed to give what amounts to a medical opinion.  Or a specific recommendation for a specific medical issue.

I obviously wasn't there and don't have the context.  I'm just saying it's a fine line to walk.  Dispensaries are not pharmacies, they don't have the expertise to be giving advice and need to be really careful.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:

I

that's the issue....you can't claim "well, I'm not a doctor"...and then proceed to give what amounts to a medical opinion.  Or a specific recommendation for a specific medical issue.

I obviously wasn't there and don't have the context.  I'm just saying it's a fine line to walk.  Dispensaries are not pharmacies, they don't have the expertise to be giving advice and need to be really careful.
    Why?  Weed will not kill you.  1000's of those pills in those pharmacies can kill you if not used properly.  And an awful lot of people freely give advice about the pharmaceuticals they are on.  Not to mention the deceptive bullshit ads pharmaceuticals run on TV that usually ends with some dude talking super fast so they get in all the side effects that those drugs can cause.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:

I

it wasn't a medical opinion. it was his personal experience he was relaying to me, along with his knowledge of what indica USUALLY does to people. nothing more. it was no different than me talking to a buddy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com