Important Change To Ten Club Membership Benefits

Comments

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I see in the Ten Club newsletter today that it talks about the Analog Membership Item being the shirt. So it looks like they are keeping the price the same but just removing the annual single. We can talk about it still being a good deal all day but the way that the band went about it is disrespectful after they've blown us off for 2 years. I will not be renewing my Analog membership. The shirts are some of the stupidest designs I have ever seen. Pearl Jam has made some amazing shirt designs throughout the years but when it comes to the Analog Membership Shirts, it's been pathetic. They look like bootleg Pearl Jam shirts. I'm going to take that back... I've seen and made way cooler bootleg shirts than this garbage. You suck Pearl Jam.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JB16057 said:
    I see in the Ten Club newsletter today that it talks about the Analog Membership Item being the shirt. So it looks like they are keeping the price the same but just removing the annual single. We can talk about it still being a good deal all day but the way that the band went about it is disrespectful after they've blown us off for 2 years. I will not be renewing my Analog membership. The shirts are some of the stupidest designs I have ever seen. Pearl Jam has made some amazing shirt designs throughout the years but when it comes to the Analog Membership Shirts, it's been pathetic. They look like bootleg Pearl Jam shirts. I'm going to take that back... I've seen and made way cooler bootleg shirts than this garbage. You suck Pearl Jam.
    :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    That's really disappointing. I'm actually ok with paying $30 (international) extra for analog over digital, even now, without the single. I haven't hated any of the shirts and for $30 that's ok. I haven't found the quality as bad as everyone seems to. I would've thought they could at least bump the bootleg up to FLAC. I won't download MP3 boots, so I end up not using my codes since I refuse to pay extra for something decent. Maybe that's what they rely on?

I problem is that I don't think digital is worth anything like $20. It's basically just for tickets (which is not that great a benefit when you live where I live), the forum and the ability to buy more merch.

So, I feel really stuck. I can't downgrade to digital, because it's a rip-off. I'm actually willing to pay the extra for analog, but that doesn't change the feeling that I'm being fleeced. Without a cool collectable like the single, the whole situation sucks, for me.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The decision to end the single was almost certainly made by the band. The decision to replace it with nothing and make no adjustment to the price of the membership almost certainly was not. Again, it would be great to hear from Tim Bierman on this.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    It definitely warrants at least some acknowledgement of - this is NOT the final analog package, this IS the final analog package, or at minimum we have not thought this through we just were trying to address the fact that the single got completely too far behind.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• In addition the newsletter mentions nothing about Deep and digital downloads...just the lousy tshirt.   Am I missing something?   Please correct me if I am wrong.  Thanks
  • On the https://pearljam.com/ten-club it says Analog includes  "A new limited edition membership item." I would think this replaces the 7 inch vinyl?

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    globalman said:
    On the https://pearljam.com/ten-club it says Analog includes  "A new limited edition membership item." I would think this replaces the 7 inch vinyl?

Pretty sure that's the shirt, or they did the option of luggage tags once.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    a5pj said:
    globalman said:
    On the https://pearljam.com/ten-club it says Analog includes  "A new limited edition membership item." I would think this replaces the 7 inch vinyl?

Pretty sure that's the shirt, or they did the option of luggage tags once.
    Yep... and off to Digital I go.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    JB16057 said:
    Bummer!

I'm not sure how much the band has say over all this so I won't go far as to say Pearl Jam sucks, but this analog deal definitely sucks.   For my situation, it equates to $40 for a t-shirt I won't wear, a digital download I won't use, maybe that funky little Deep book (if that) that I only glance at, and the opportunity to bore anyone who is listening here to my ramblings. 

I'm strongly thinking it's time to say adios, at least until this place gets its shit together. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited January 2019
    Will be shitty when many of us go digital, and the next year the "limited edition item" is a 12 inch record with a bunch of unheard B-sides.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Will be shitty when many of us go digital, and the next year the "limited edition item" is a 12 inch record with a bunch of unheard B-sides.
    I’ll re-up in 2020 then, but for now the 2019 Analog would be a waste of $20 for me.
  • MedozK said:
    I’ll re-up in 2020 then, but for now the 2019 Analog would be a waste of $20 for me.
    Right sorry, you can change your level when knowing the item... okey... well then you can without problem jump up and down level depending on if the t-shirt is ace or shit?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    My anniversary date is in November so hopefully by that part of the year I know exactly what analog and digital will get me and I can flip back and forth.  
  • My anniversary date is in November so hopefully by that part of the year I know exactly what analog and digital will get me and I can flip back and forth.  
    Yeah, mine is in november or december. That's a great set up.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    I used to think it was a disadvantage, having to wait all year to renew. But it seems a lot better now.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Just got my notice for renewal in a week or two. They added:
    *Please Note: The Ten Club Single has been discontinued
    And that's it :) Digital here I come.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

haha. I don't think there's too much danger in that happening. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Here's a thought: Tenclub got tired of hounding the band for new material every year and conversley, gets tired of hearing member complaints about late vinyl and/or receiving nothing at all last year.  Both the band and Tenclub say, "fuck it. It's been a good run". 

Honestly, I haven't even spun the last few years of vinyl because the availability of the digital versions diminished my excitement and feeling of obtaining something unique. So, I'm on board with the band and ten club and join them in saying, "fuck it". 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
    Just lazy... it is what it is.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Milestone said:
    Here's a thought: Tenclub got tired of hounding the band for new material every year and conversley, gets tired of hearing member complaints about late vinyl and/or receiving nothing at all last year.  Both the band and Tenclub say, "fuck it. It's been a good run". 

Honestly, I haven't even spun the last few years of vinyl because the availability of the digital versions diminished my excitement and feeling of obtaining something unique. So, I'm on board with the band and ten club and join them in saying, "fuck it". 
    Thoughts and prayers to Ten Club for having to listen to complaints about a member benefit they took money for but failed to deliver for more than two years.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • So just to make sure before I downgrade: the difference right now between analog and digital is the T-shirt? So I’m paying $20 for the shirt right now? Thanks 
    and the bootleg code and possibly a physical version of Deep. not sure on that one though. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

Related image

Related image

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    So just to make sure before I downgrade: the difference right now between analog and digital is the T-shirt? So I’m paying $20 for the shirt right now? Thanks 
    That's the impression I get.  But it sure would  be nice if 10 C would confirm this. 

As for the t-shirts, to me they're a waste.  There's only been one that I've ever worn more than once or twice in public (I think Iv'e worn it 3 times).  Twenty buck for a t-shirt to mow the lawn or sleep in is just not my idea of a good way to spend my dollars.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JimmyV said:
    Milestone said:

Thoughts and prayers to Ten Club for having to listen to complaints about a member benefit they took money for but failed to deliver for more than two years.

lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    If this happened, I can almost guarantee they'd be available in the shop for purchase, just like the annual singles.
  • As my membership renews on 1/20/19, I went ahead and "downgraded" to Digital just now.  While I'm not thrilled about it, I understand dropping the vinyl, but I really wish we'd get confirmation whether anything will be replacing it or not (again, fine either way, just wish we had an answer).  At this point all I can do is hope that if they do add something for Analogs, they give everyone a heads up and a window to upgrade if it's something we care about. 
  • robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
    I have been thinking about you the change for weeks now.  Why not offer a big, one time discount on the site or a "all time" 10% discount on all orders.  It would keep the "physical" aspect of the club and, for some, would actually make it worth it.
  • Yea... I'm gonna downgrade. Not worth it. The National sent me a great package (live lp with goodies) and I was also able to get amazing tickets to their Red Rocks show.  I just gave away the last three Pearl Jam shirts. They are simply not worh the cost of an analog membership

This discussion has been closed.