Options

Important Change To Ten Club Membership Benefits

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    I got my membership renewal reminder email last week, and finally got around to downgrading to digital. There was an initial ‘fear of missing out’ just in case they offer something extra to analogue members, but it’s been almost a year since this thread was started and absolutely nothing has happened yet!
    $50 for an international membership with nothing more than a bootleg code and a magazine that may arrive one day is ridiculous.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Finally did it. Downgraded to digital. For $20 the Tshirt and bootleg code just don’t move the needle anymore. 
    But, now that I downgraded, I’m anticipating Analog will get something sweet. I’m the mush
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,066
    For you guys wrestling with FOMO, I don't think you have anything to worry about. My understanding is that the 2019 benefits are what they are and you've made your decision based on that. If they make enhancements for 2020, you can always go back up a level.

In light of removing the single, I think it would be a real bad move to announce additional perks midstream. If they did, they should allow people to pay the difference and upgrade. And I say this as an Analog member.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Finally did it. Downgraded to digital. For $20 the Tshirt and bootleg code just don’t move the needle anymore. 
    But, now that I downgraded, I’m anticipating Analog will get something sweet. I’m the mush
    Come on Kryptonite!!!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    Poncier said:
    Come on Kryptonite!!!
    Put him in the bathroom!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjl44 said:
    For you guys wrestling with FOMO, I don't think you have anything to worry about. My understanding is that the 2019 benefits are what they are and you've made your decision based on that. If they make enhancements for 2020, you can always go back up a level.

In light of removing the single, I think it would be a real bad move to announce additional perks midstream. If they did, they should allow people to pay the difference and upgrade. And I say this as an Analog member.
    Exactly.  I tried to tell everyone this 10 months ago, but people choose to ignore common sense.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Just to confirm, now that my renewal date is coming up, that Analog is still the exact same price, with the exact same items, save for the vinyl? I want to make absolute sure before switching to digital that I'm not missing anything. Thank you for not attacking my question, lol. 

Whenever the magazine comes, I'm sure it and the shirt will be on eBay at a price to still come out ahead.

Whereas the shirt used to be truly "free" it now moves into the $10 cost where the record used to be. I'll use USA prices in the example, but obviously things change when international prices get used.

Old:
    $20 difference got you the record, magazine, $9.99 MP3 and a shirt. Many of the records were available at the shop for $10 plus shipping. If you wanted the record and had a US address, this was a great deal.

New:
    $20 difference gets you the magazine, $9.99 MP3 and a shirt. I suppose you could say it's a $5 shirt and $5 magazine, but it's not really a good deal, no matter how it gets sliced.

I still wish they raised the analog and threw the Vault in, since that's the vinyl priority over the past few years. People would have jumped on that deal.

New analog:
    $XX MP3, magazine, shirt, Vault.
    When you say vault, you mean only analog members will access to vault releases?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    still waiting on something going on 2 years for the 2017 single.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,150
    still waiting on something going on 2 years for the 2017 single.
    That depends on your point of view.   There's a theory that the 10c put out the 2017 single forgetting they never sent one out for 2016.   That's why it says 2017 on it and contains 2017 performances.   Based on that theory they might be 3 years behind on the 2016 single :)
  • Options
    I officially downgraded today since my renewal is about 10 days away, and I got a reminder email.
    I was analog for the vinyl.  It was a pretty easy decision for me.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    I just renewed yet again, and I really don't even know why...I pay the money each year and yet they haven't played California in more than six years, and seniority doesn't even seem to matter anymore. I guess I just keep paying because I know the year I finally don't, they'll do a theater tour with reserved seating and distribute tickets strictly according to seniority, like they once did.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    I just renewed yet again, and I really don't even know why...I pay the money each year and yet they haven't played California in more than six years, and seniority doesn't even seem to matter anymore. I guess I just keep paying because I know the year I finally don't, they'll do a theater tour with reserved seating and distribute tickets strictly according to seniority, like they once did.
    Is that true? Doesn't feel so bad that it's coming up to 6 years for NZ! I'm the same as you though. Can't stop, and they know it!
  • Options
    Seniority does matter.  Please stop with the myth that it doesn't.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,915
    The two biggest myths when it comes to a 10C membership.  Guaranteed tickets and seniority not mattering anymore.  
    You are guaranteed to have an opportunity to get tickets before the general public via a lottery. It doesn't mean you'll get them.
    Seniority 100% still applies when it comes to reserved seating.  

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    The two biggest myths when it comes to a 10C membership.  Guaranteed tickets and seniority not mattering anymore.  
    You are guaranteed to have an opportunity to get tickets before the general public via a lottery. It doesn't mean you'll get them.

I think when people say it doesn't matter anymore, when the band has been playing GA for the last while, I think most people are just talking about not "winning" tickets in the first 10 rows, especially with the added perk of getting front and centre without having to piss yourself for the rail. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

love me some common sense 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I've been an analog member since 2017 and have never received any vinyl or the supposed magazine.  I understand we're supposed to get the singles once eventually released, but what about the magazine?  Has anyone else received this in the last 3 years, or is it just me that is not getting it?
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    bshaheen said:
    I've been an analog member since 2017 and have never received any vinyl or the supposed magazine.  I understand we're supposed to get the singles once eventually released, but what about the magazine?  Has anyone else received this in the last 3 years, or is it just me that is not getting it?
    They're all on their way sometime "soon"! ;)
  • Options

I think when people say it doesn't matter anymore, when the band has been playing GA for the last while, I think most people are just talking about not "winning" tickets in the first 10 rows, especially with the added perk of getting front and centre without having to piss yourself for the rail. 
    That's exactly it...having to stand in line all fucking day (assuming you even manage to score GA) to actually try to get close is bullshit. Maybe if I were 22, or unemployed, but I am neither, so as a Ten Club member since 1995 I shouldn't have that as my only option. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

Actually the biggest myth is a combo of the 2, people who believe that seniority gives you an advantage in acquiring tickets.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

That's exactly it...having to stand in line all fucking day (assuming you even manage to score GA) to actually try to get close is bullshit. Maybe if I were 22, or unemployed, but I am neither, so as a Ten Club member since 1995 I shouldn't have that as my only option. 
    Well the good news is... it's not your only option!
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    I've come around this belief as well.

The shows I want to go to are local and the lottery odds are very poor. Combine that with the the paucity of reserved seats held for 10C presales, and the removal of vinyl as part of the Analog package and that level of membership is poor value for me.

Wish I had read this thread before renewing; I'll move to Digital next year.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Pearl Jam does A LOT right by their fans, which is why it sticks out to me, and I'd imagine other fans when they do something that feels like a clear mistake or misstep. The way they handled the deluxe Blu-ray for PJ 20, the reissues with remixed albums and very few bonus tracks even though they have a huge archive of demos and live tracks from those eras that could have been present and the lack of communication on why certain shows  weren't coming as bootlegs (PJ 20, Wrigley 1, VFC tour, Benefit with Robert Plant etc.) all seemed like great charity fundraising opportunities for something fans wanted; and of course, the poor communication on these missing singles. While I do believe the missing vinyl singles will eventually come, the last update given I recall was that it was an artwork issue, which was several months ago. To me, especially since they have all of the fanclub singles digitized,  and just did the 12  Days of Pearl Jam, an easy opportunity would be to give the whole set of singles to all fanclub members currently active, or who were active while the time of the missing singles, and at the same time, let them know that they will still be getting the digitals for the missing singles when they come, as well as the vinyl for those who had analog memberships, and give an ETA.        
    Mike "...After Dark"
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    ^^^ They stopped doing right by their fans long ago. I truly don't believe that they give a shit about us anymore. They know they will sell out ballparks no problem, so why bother trying?
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    Not in New Zealand it doesn't.

Case in point - the last 'proper tour' to New Zealand was 2009 when they played 2 shows (Auckland and Christchurch). You could get tickets via tenclub, but from memory you could only get two, and they were GA only.  You could get more tickets, in better areas, in the general sale. 
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    I am thinking about my analog membership at this moment... is it worth it? 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,066
    I am thinking about my analog membership at this moment... is it worth it? 
    Are the bootleg, tshirt, and physical Deep worth $20 to you?
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Whats this Deep you mention? 🤣
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
  • Options
    Cdemetrios said:
    Anyone know why, on January 10th, it says that my Analog code is invalid?  It says it expires 2/1 and my membership is caught up through this coming July.

Thanks for any assistance!
This discussion has been closed.