• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mickeyrat said:
    njnancy said:
    About 4 years ago I was going apple picking and I was trying to get speaking directions from my phone. It kept giving me a ridiculous route to get where I wanted to go. I finally said to the phone "you're fucking stupid". And, swear to god, my phone replied "that's not what you'll say when robots take over the world". 

Freaky. 
    iphone? android, if so which brand?
    Android, I've never had any Apple products - I believe I had a HTC OneMax at the time. It was GPS through Google Maps with Skyvi (android version of Siri before they had OK Google voice commands).

Is this like a badge of honour.  It seems people go out of their way to say they never used Apple products...that's funny

Every time you have a negative thought, you really don't have to type it. Seriously.

And adding 'that's funny' makes no sense. 
    By the way, it was sarcasm...don't be such stick in the mud.  and I've seen some of your posts.  You have no room to talk...I can debate this all day with you.
    It wasn't sarcasm. 

But you've seen some of my posts and I have no room to talk - you have just declared yourself to be the decider of what I may post and if it is acceptable. That's rather personal for a person that I don't know. 

I have no desire to 'debate' with you. Debate is fun. This is not.

Yeah, it was.  I have not made an offensive comment to you.  You are easily offended.  Toughen up.  It just the internet...my gawd
    Perhaps, but that illustrates one of the problems with technology- the difficulty of communicating well and clearly on-line.  Words are only 7% of communication, all the rest is body language, facial expression and tone of voice, none of which you get here.   That makes offending and being offended much easier.  I think we should all meet up at an I-Hop in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin for coffee and discussion time once a week.
    That may be.  But if you get offended by someone's comment on the internet.  You are soft, people need to toughen up.  Nothing offensive was said to that particular poster.   By the way, that poster could choose to ignore.  If I'm in the right mood and you start quoting me about stupid shit, the debate is on...if I'm not in the mood I move on...
    What is wrong with soft?  Why do people need to toughen up?  I hear those things said a lot as if they are a given.  Some people are more sensitive than others.  Is that a problem?  Honest question.
    If you are offended by the question I asked, you are beyond soft...how about suck it up buttercup.  The poster could have ignored, not that hard.  Do not engage in a forum of the anonymous posters and then try to set the rules... 
    Me, set rules?  LOL, no, they're more fun to break. 

I know I've probably offended people here before, but I try not to.  I don't know what presses people's buttons if they are people I don't know in person.. I don't know why some things offend some people or what their history is.  I might get offensive if I'm being given shit but more and more, I try not to give others shit. 

Peace and love.  Why not!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mickeyrat said:
    njnancy said:
    About 4 years ago I was going apple picking and I was trying to get speaking directions from my phone. It kept giving me a ridiculous route to get where I wanted to go. I finally said to the phone "you're fucking stupid". And, swear to god, my phone replied "that's not what you'll say when robots take over the world". 

Freaky. 
    Android, I've never had any Apple products - I believe I had a HTC OneMax at the time. It was GPS through Google Maps with Skyvi (android version of Siri before they had OK Google voice commands).

Is this like a badge of honour.  It seems people go out of their way to say they never used Apple products...that's funny

Every time you have a negative thought, you really don't have to type it. Seriously.

By the way, it was sarcasm...don't be such stick in the mud.  and I've seen some of your posts.  You have no room to talk...I can debate this all day with you.
    It wasn't sarcasm. 

But you've seen some of my posts and I have no room to talk - you have just declared yourself to be the decider of what I may post and if it is acceptable. That's rather personal for a person that I don't know. 

Yeah, it was.  I have not made an offensive comment to you.  You are easily offended.  Toughen up.  It just the internet...my gawd
    Perhaps, but that illustrates one of the problems with technology- the difficulty of communicating well and clearly on-line.  Words are only 7% of communication, all the rest is body language, facial expression and tone of voice, none of which you get here.   That makes offending and being offended much easier.  I think we should all meet up at an I-Hop in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin for coffee and discussion time once a week.
    That may be.  But if you get offended by someone's comment on the internet.  You are soft, people need to toughen up.  Nothing offensive was said to that particular poster.   By the way, that poster could choose to ignore.  If I'm in the right mood and you start quoting me about stupid shit, the debate is on...if I'm not in the mood I move on...
    What is wrong with soft?  Why do people need to toughen up?  I hear those things said a lot as if they are a given.  Some people are more sensitive than others.  Is that a problem?  Honest question.
    If you are offended by the question I asked, you are beyond soft...how about suck it up buttercup.  The poster could have ignored, not that hard.  Do not engage in a forum of the anonymous posters and then try to set the rules... 

I know I've probably offended people here before, but I try not to.  I don't know what presses people's buttons if they are people I don't know in person.. I don't know why some things offend some people or what their history is.  I might get offensive if I'm being given shit but more and more, I try not to give others shit. 

He's talking about me Brian - but thanks for trying to make sense of it.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mickeyrat said:
    njnancy said:

Freaky. 

It wasn't sarcasm. 

No,  you are wrong again, I was talking in general...but thanks for the great Sunday.  You brightened my day...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mickeyrat said:
    njnancy said:

Freaky. 

It wasn't sarcasm. 

No,  you are wrong again, I was talking in general...but thanks for the great Sunday.  You brightened my day...
    Strange that you kept saying "that poster" and even "that particular poster" if you were talking in generalities. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited December 2018
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mickeyrat said:
    njnancy said:

Freaky. 

It wasn't sarcasm. 

Strange that you kept saying "that poster" and even "that particular poster" if you were talking in generalities. 
    Strange that he's talking in general, but he says that 'you're wrong again'. Not quite sure what I was wrong about at all but obviously 'a particular poster' was wrong several times about some general information. 

There is the criticism, then how dare you question my criticism, then it was just a joke and you are too soft, then i was talking in generalities. 

If you're going to have your day 'brightened' by being mean, own it. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Technology has allowed for two strangers to argue with each other online, and for other strangers to read it.  It has its flaws.
    Bill Gates and Steve Jobs raised their kids tech-free — and it should've been a red flag
    \https://www.businessinsider.com/screen-time-limits-bill-gates-steve-jobs-red-flag-2017-10
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Be kind. It costs nothing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Bill Gates and Steve Jobs raised their kids tech-free — and it should've been a red flag
    \https://www.businessinsider.com/screen-time-limits-bill-gates-steve-jobs-red-flag-2017-10
    I have no doubt that there is probably a correlation between kids who use iPhones and play video games, etc. less and them being more likely to be happy and successful. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    I have no doubt that there is probably a correlation between kids who use iPhones and play video games, etc. less and them being more likely to be happy and successful. 
    I absolutely agree.  I just find it interesting that these 2 companies market their products toward kids, but limited their kids use.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mickeyrat said:
    njnancy said:

Freaky. 

It wasn't sarcasm. 

you explicitly stated that someone specific had some type of character flaw as you see it....and then get all bent ouf of shape when that poster responds and call them "offended" and "soft". 

that's called trolling. it's actually the very definition.  you say "the poster could have ignored". like somehow the accused is in the wrong for responding to the accusation. well, you could have just not said it in the first place. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mickeyrat said:
    njnancy said:

Freaky. 

It wasn't sarcasm. 

you explicitly stated that someone specific had some type of character flaw as you see it....and then get all bent ouf of shape when that poster responds and call them "offended" and "soft". 

that's called trolling. it's actually the very definition.  you say "the poster could have ignored". like somehow the accused is in the wrong for responding to the accusation. well, you could have just not said it in the first place. 
    Yeah but I think you can understand how some can get under your skin here and  push you to have a meltdown.  Great user name recently.
    hippiemom = goodness
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mickeyrat said:
    njnancy said:

Freaky. 

It wasn't sarcasm. 

Just curious.  That was yesterdays discussion, are capable of moving forward???  If you were not part of the discussion Sunday, I'm not discussing it Monday...some of across as so self-righteous.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mickeyrat said:
    njnancy said:

Freaky. 

It wasn't sarcasm. 

Just curious.  That was yesterdays discussion, are capable of moving forward???  If you were not part of the discussion Sunday, I'm not discussing it Monday...some of across as so self-righteous.
    sorry, didn't realize there was a statute of limitations on the net. I'll remember that next monday. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Give Peas A Chance…
    "a Jeep that ran a Waymo car off the road six times," 

I know I probably shouldn't laugh but...

:lol:

Self-driving cars:  a quintessential example of tech-brained people taking things to far.

brianlux said:
    "a Jeep that ran a Waymo car off the road six times," 

I know I probably shouldn't laugh but...

:lol:

Self-driving cars:  a quintessential example of tech-brained people taking things to far.
    It is funny.  One dude ran out his waving a gun at the car.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    If you let it it will take over your lives I have an iPhone that’s about it and I’ll never get in a car without a driver , I’ll go back to riding a bike or a horse lol 😝 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • If you let it it will take over your lives I have an iPhone that’s about it and I’ll never get in a car without a driver , I’ll go back to riding a bike or a horse lol 😝 
    hahahahah!!! love it!

• Surfing the net and came upon this...

Everyone should take a read to this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_selfie-related_injuries_and_deaths

Selfie deaths...
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Not sure I'd want to get into a driverless vehicle or train/tram. What if some hackers get into the system and cause it to crash?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Not sure I'd want to get into a driverless vehicle or train/tram. What if some hackers get into the system and cause it to crash?
    Ultimately that is what will stall the driverless vehicle's.  Driverless vehicles will have to share the road with us drivers.  
    Give Peas A Chance…

There are already many examples of driverless subway/metro systems around the world that operate with very good safety records, including Vancouver's SkyTrain. The first driverless train system came into use in the 1980s. If you have traveled at all and use public transit, you may well have already ridden in driverless vehicles. 

All these "what ifs?" about driverless vehicles ignore the fact that human drivers cause fatal crashes every day.
    Surfing the net and came upon this...

Everyone should take a read to this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_selfie-related_injuries_and_deaths

Selfie deaths...
    That list of deaths by selfie is LONG!  That's crazy. 

This kind of technology is helping make Narcissism a world epidemic.

edited December 2018
    How Bob Die, drowned by a walrus while taking a selfie...lol
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Ultimately that is what will stall the driverless vehicle's.  Driverless vehicles will have to share the road with us drivers.  
    How do we road rage against driverless vehicles? 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

There are already many examples of driverless subway/metro systems around the world that operate with very good safety records, including Vancouver's SkyTrain. The first driverless train system came into use in the 1980s. If you have traveled at all and use public transit, you may well have already ridden in driverless vehicles. 

All these "what ifs?" about driverless vehicles ignore the fact that human drivers cause fatal crashes every day.
    Nope. Not here.

Nope. Not here.

"Nope. Not here" what? 

Nope. Not here.

"Nope. Not here" what? 
    We don't have driverless public transport here.