Is technology taking over our lives?!?

167891012»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot! (Chris Jericho)Posts: 22,069
    just grounded my 13 year old daughter from her phone for lying about usage. we'll see if it's taking over her life or mine in the next few days! LOL
    1993 - Gimli, MB (Sun/Mudfest)
    2003 - Fargo, ND
    2005 - Winnipeg, MB
    2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV)
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB
    2014 - St. Paul, MN
    2020 - Ottawa, ON
  • just grounded my 13 year old daughter from her phone for lying about usage. we'll see if it's taking over her life or mine in the next few days! LOL
    Keep us updated!

I figure a week of withdrawal you should see some warning signs, lol.  She would be missing out on EVERYTHING!
  • So I was on twitter and again noticed that pretty much all it is, is people retweeting other stories.

The same thing can be regurgitated millions of times and still be a "fresh" tweet.

Friggin crazy.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 31,924
    So I was on twitter and again noticed that pretty much all it is, is people retweeting other stories.

The same thing can be regurgitated millions of times and still be a "fresh" tweet.

Friggin crazy.
    I've reduced my Facebook usage to probably an average of one or two minutes a day (usually just checking in to see if I have any  messages) and avoid Twitter like the plague I believe it is.  I refuse to have or own a Smart Phone, especially as I watch someone close to me become more and more addicted to hers.  That doesn't mean I think electronic media is evil- quite the opposite, it has many excellent qualities- but social media like FB and Twitter are ruining multiple generations.  Each each one that follows is getting sucked in more than the next and sooner. 

What will this all lead to?
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen