Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• I said she's a vegan. 
    I know. That's why I added the last part.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Okay married folks, what do you think about these rules?

9a. When a man admits fault, do not begin your next sentence with "I just think it's funny how..." :lol:
    That means you were very very much at fault, and you made someone very very angry. Sometimes admitting fault just ain't enough. The adrenaline is still pumping--- you're past the point of admitting fault, you have to admit defeat. 
    https://youtu.be/iiq5tnzmLBM
    Sure, perpetuate the argument, that'll solve everything.  It should be enough to admit you're wrong.
  • No
      Spiritual_Chaos said:
    I spoke via Facebook messenger to the woman I recently friended on Facebook.
    So that's two online chats we've had about 2 weeks apart.
    Not sure if I should just take it easy and keep chatting online before trying to sum up the courage to ask her out or do it sooner.
    Heck, I don't even know if I want a relationship right now. 
    I would think think this depends a bit on who she is and how you got to be facebook pals. Etc.

Why not ask her out as a friend first, if you've only talked to her online... maybe she sucks IRL.

And if she eats meat. Dump her.
    Do you want him to be a 40 year old virgin? Who gives a shit if she eats raw meat at this point?
    HAVE SOME STANDARDS WOMAN!
    STANDARDS BE DAMNED, I'm coming straight on for you!!!!! In a meat dress like Lady Gaga!
  •   Spiritual_Chaos said:
    I spoke via Facebook messenger to the woman I recently friended on Facebook.
    So that's two online chats we've had about 2 weeks apart.
    Not sure if I should just take it easy and keep chatting online before trying to sum up the courage to ask her out or do it sooner.
    Heck, I don't even know if I want a relationship right now. 
    I would think think this depends a bit on who she is and how you got to be facebook pals. Etc.

Why not ask her out as a friend first, if you've only talked to her online... maybe she sucks IRL.

And if she eats meat. Dump her.
    Do you want him to be a 40 year old virgin? Who gives a shit if she eats raw meat at this point?
    HAVE SOME STANDARDS WOMAN!
    STANDARDS BE DAMNED, I'm coming straight on for you!!!!! In a meat dress like Lady Gaga!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited December 2018
    No
    Right on, I would do that to a guy dressed in a Cosby sweater too...

Actually, he dresses more like Carlton from Fresh Prince...
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • No
    Okay married folks, what do you think about these rules?

9a. When a man admits fault, do not begin your next sentence with "I just think it's funny how..." :lol:
    That means you were very very much at fault, and you made someone very very angry. Sometimes admitting fault just ain't enough. The adrenaline is still pumping--- you're past the point of admitting fault, you have to admit defeat. 

Sure, perpetuate the argument, that'll solve everything.  It should be enough to admit you're wrong.
    Yes, but why are you sorry? And is your answer lengthy and remorseful? Do you have a detailed inventory of your wrongdoings? She needs to know that you caught everything. Don't leave anything out.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:

It's not meant as reciprocal when it's used by people now, no. That's what I meant. Like, if only people understood it that way. I do actually think the ORIGINAL meaning of it was indeed meant to be like a kind of humourous riddle or whatever that was meant to be cyclical. Or at least that's what I like to think, lol. I.e. husband treats wife well = happy wife = wife treats husband well = happy husband = husband treats wife well = happy wife = wife treats husband well = happy husband... and so on to infinity, lol.
    Honestly, I feel like this common cynical view of the phrase is sad. I mean, Happy wife DOES often equal happy life for a husband. That is undeniable. How many men do you know when happy wives who are miserable?? I don't know any. That phrase makes no mention at all of the husband being nagged or anything like that. People just infer it. I think that inference tells a much bigger story than the phrase itself (and is sexist too), and also simply gave the phrase a "bad name" that it probably doesn't deserve, just as an innocent sentence. :lol:
    pretty sure if you look at the history of it, and the generation it came from, the opposite is true. I think it originated as a sexist term, and is now being considered as reciprocal. 

and no, happy wife does not equal happy life for a husband. saying that is assuming that a man's happiness is in large part dependent on the happiness of his wife, which discounts his life/feelings/self almost entirely. men, especially these days, aren't the emotional simpletons you seem to be making them out to be. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

It's not meant as reciprocal when it's used by people now, no. That's what I meant. Like, if only people understood it that way. I do actually think the ORIGINAL meaning of it was indeed meant to be like a kind of humourous riddle or whatever that was meant to be cyclical. Or at least that's what I like to think, lol. I.e. husband treats wife well = happy wife = wife treats husband well = happy husband = husband treats wife well = happy wife = wife treats husband well = happy husband... and so on to infinity, lol.
    Honestly, I feel like this common cynical view of the phrase is sad. I mean, Happy wife DOES often equal happy life for a husband. That is undeniable. How many men do you know when happy wives who are miserable?? I don't know any. That phrase makes no mention at all of the husband being nagged or anything like that. People just infer it. I think that inference tells a much bigger story than the phrase itself (and is sexist too), and also simply gave the phrase a "bad name" that it probably doesn't deserve, just as an innocent sentence. :lol:
    pretty sure if you look at the history of it, and the generation it came from, the opposite is true. I think it originated as a sexist term, and is now being considered as reciprocal. 

and no, happy wife does not equal happy life for a husband. saying that is assuming that a man's happiness is in large part dependent on the happiness of his wife, which discounts his life/feelings/self almost entirely. men, especially these days, aren't the emotional simpletons you seem to be making them out to be. 
    No, that isn't what I meant at all, and I really don't get how you can be taking me the way your are, nor that you would think in any way that I believe men are emotional simpletons - I take that as an insult, and would have thought that you'd know me better than that by now. I'm talking in a bigger picture, and you're just not picking up what I'm putting down at all. I don't think it discounts anything, because I've never known a wife who was happy while her husband is completely miserable for whatever reason either, because she is also concerned about his happiness. And I'm not talking about happiness just relying on the simple happiness of another. I am (I thought obviously, because I saw no other alternative) assuming that happiness of both parties depends on EVERYTHING going on in their shared lives together, including the feelings and situation of the other. Again, reciprocal. FWIW, I'm not the emotional simpleton you apparently take me for, if you actually thought I was saying what you said, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    I'll come back after this is resolved. :smiley:
  • No
    I think it is a stalemate.
    Yes
    That works too. 

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    njnancy said:
    That works too. 

To summarize, Happy PJSoul = Happy Hugh as the PJ AET turns.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    That works too. 

:lol:  Good to know it's been put to bed, so to speak. Just seeing that list of happy relationship tips made me nervous. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    That works too. 

:lol:  Good to know it's been put to bed, so to speak. Just seeing that list of happy relationship tips made me nervous. 
    #11.   Try to avoid discussions with your spouse involving "No, you're the emotional simpleton!"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Yes
    On a side note love conquers  all. 
    Where I'm at atm.  Without the love and understanding  of my partner and kids and mum in fact I would be dead. 
    Love is hard and easy. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • No
    On a side note love conquers  all. 
    Where I'm at atm.  Without the love and understanding  of my partner and kids and mum in fact I would be dead. 
    Love is hard and easy. 
    You must've done something right to have such love and understanding  surrounding you now. :)
  • No
    njnancy said:
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    That works too. 

#11.   Try to avoid discussions with your spouse involving "No, you're the emotional simpleton!"
    But what if we really really like that phrase? Haha
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    That works too. 

But what if we really really like that phrase? Haha
    As long as you’re prepared to like it alone, go wild ;) 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • I'M BURNING UP WITH FEVER

So I will go home from my job now and rest infront of netflix.
    I'M BURNING UP WITH FEVER

I've got the cure, more cowbell!
  • tbergs said:

Unfunny sketch.
    tbergs said:

Unfunny sketch.
    Hmmm, it's more serious than I thought. You've insulted a classic Will Ferrell skit. You must be suffering from delirium. Seek help immediately!
    tbergs said:

Unfunny sketch.
    YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergs said:

Unfunny sketch.
    Funny movie. Zoey <3
    tbergs said:

Unfunny sketch.
    Funny movie. Zoey <3
    she's literally the sexiest woman alive in my eyes. 

besides, um, *cough*, my wife, of course. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    tbergs said:

Unfunny sketch.
    Get thee hence, cur!!

You love the cheesiest rock band ever and you hate the best SNL sketch of an era? 
    Get thee hence!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Yes

Love sick!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • No
    If he doesn't post a Kiss video in the next five seconds, we'll know to call an ambulance.
  • rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Unfunny sketch.
    Get thee hence, cur!!

You love the cheesiest rock band ever and you hate the best SNL sketch of an era? 
    Get thee hence!