Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    Yes
    Ahhhh. I see. I do Fredagsmys almost every week.... but alone with my cat. :lol: Friday nights are for relaxing in the front of the TV with booze and a good meal and unwinding from the work week, and I love it! But perhaps there is a different word for those without a family to do it with? :loser:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ahhhh. I see. I do Fredagsmys almost every week.... but alone with my cat. :lol: Friday nights are for relaxing in the front of the TV with booze and a good meal and unwinding from the work week, and I love it! But perhaps there is a different word for those without a family to do it with? :loser:
    Haha. I don't know. I just know it turned into a tounge-in-cheek thing here in Sweden, maybe it was by crisps maker "OLW" trying to push families into buying their stuff for the friday evening. 

They made a famous ad with a song about it ("It's time for Fredagsmys").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1d8RX2Pki8

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yes
    That is interesting that they just throw English into the ad like that. I assume from that almost everyone in Sweden understand at least some English. Just like they do in Amsterdam (if not the Netherlands).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    That is interesting that they just throw English into the ad like that. I assume from that almost everyone in Sweden understand at least some English. Just like they do in Amsterdam (if not the Netherlands).
    Yes. "Everyone" knows english here. And that would be the same for most of northern europe, and somewhat younger persons. The countries struggling a bit would be the ones that still dub all movies I would think.

Countdown Of The Eight Non-Native English Speaking Countries With The Best English
    1. Netherlands (71.45)
    2. Sweden (70.40) ...
    3. Denmark (69.93) ...
    4. Norway (67.77) ...
    5. Singapore (66.03) ...
    6. Finland (65.83) ...
    7. Luxembourg (64.57) ...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    Spiritual, the weekend is upon us. I want an update. 
    A girl/woman is coming over tomorrow to watch the latest Parliament Debate and drink some beers. Not a 1:1 "fredagsmys" but will have to do.

What are the plans for your weekend? Anything resembling "fredagsmys" with the family?
    This weekend I go from five to one kid because it is our ex s weekend. No plans as of yet. Maybe some painting and ripping up hard wood floors. Nothing too exciting. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Some fucker at the London 2018 show said I had a strong accent though. And here I thought I was walking around talking like a native. Instead I guess I sound like a russian from a Hollywood movie.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    A girl/woman is coming over tomorrow to watch the latest Parliament Debate and drink some beers. Not a 1:1 "fredagsmys" but will have to do.

What are the plans for your weekend? Anything resembling "fredagsmys" with the family?
    This weekend I go from five to one kid because it is our ex s weekend. No plans as of yet. Maybe some painting and ripping up hard wood floors. Nothing too exciting. 
    Have you planned it so, that your exes take the kids the same weekend? Or did it just turn out that way?
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I'm not doing anything that would interest anyone. Including myself.

Now, back to you. I suppose this woman (please drop girl, it's creepy and if it applies, don't tell us) is Maja?

And what is a 1:1 Fredgsmys as opposed to a whatever other kind of Fredgsmys? Is it the tacos?

No. This is another person.

Haha. I think fredagsmys is more something for families and shit -- the idea to spend the night infront of the TV, and buing food/snacks etc to go along with that. Tacos is a cliché dinner for Swedish families on a friday, but it could also be Pizza or whatever really.
    So this is not Maja or Agnes...there is now a third woman in the mix? Is Maja still a dating partner or have things soured?
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes. "Everyone" knows english here. And that would be the same for most of northern europe, and somewhat younger persons. The countries struggling a bit would be the ones that still dub all movies I would think.

Countdown Of The Eight Non-Native English Speaking Countries With The Best English
    1. Netherlands (71.45)
    2. Sweden (70.40) ...
    3. Denmark (69.93) ...
    4. Norway (67.77) ...
    5. Singapore (66.03) ...
    6. Finland (65.83) ...
    The Singaporeans are fun. They often speak "Singlish", as they call it. I had a few good friends from Singapore in university, and when they spoke to each other they sometimes spoke this really cool mish-mash of English and Mandarin and Malay.
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Now, back to you. I suppose this woman (please drop girl, it's creepy and if it applies, don't tell us) is Maja?

And what is a 1:1 Fredgsmys as opposed to a whatever other kind of Fredgsmys? Is it the tacos?

Haha. I think fredagsmys is more something for families and shit -- the idea to spend the night infront of the TV, and buing food/snacks etc to go along with that. Tacos is a cliché dinner for Swedish families on a friday, but it could also be Pizza or whatever really.
    So this is not Maja or Agnes...there is now a third woman in the mix? Is Maja still a dating partner or have things soured?
    This is just a friend, I guess. Don't know why I gave the persons gender away making it sound like some god damn sassy wife material.

Maja is cool.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

1. Netherlands (71.45)
    2. Sweden (70.40) ...
    3. Denmark (69.93) ...
    4. Norway (67.77) ...
    5. Singapore (66.03) ...
    6. Finland (65.83) ...
    The Singaporeans are fun. They often speak "Singlish", as they call it. I had a few good friends from Singapore in university, and when they spoke to each other they sometimes spoke this really cool mish-mash of English and Mandarin and Malay.
    Well you guys speak a weird mish-mash of English and Swedish with your "smorgpsboard" and "ombudsman" etc.
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Have you planned it so, that your exes take the kids the same weekend? Or did it just turn out that way?
    Yeah we planned it that way and it has definitely worked out.  Before we had our youngest we had a kid free weekend.  Our oldest doesn't really like going to her dad's so usually hangs with us.  It's nice because she absolutely loves her youngest brother so she'll baby sit for an hour or two which enables my wife and I to get out for a bit.

And you don't remember but I met you before the brooklyn show and didn't think you had a real thick accent.  Your english is a hell of a lot better than my spanish on my best day (lived in spain for a few months in 2000, I was fluent but couldn't write for shit.)
  • Options
    I feel like im coming off like some god damn tramp juggling ladies. 

But tramps like us - baby, we were born to run.
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is just a friend, I guess. Don't know why I gave the persons gender away making it sound like some god damn sassy wife material.

Maja is cool.
    Thread Integrity requires interest in your dating life so gender is important. I don't recall referring to her as sassy or wife material. 

Glad Maja is cool. Hope not to cool. The name is starting to grow on me. 

• Options
    Yes

I used to run into bruce all the time.  I worked out next to him at the gym and always saw him and his wife strolling through town.  Cool dude for sure however very short!
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Maja is cool.
    Thread Integrity requires interest in your dating life so gender is important. I don't recall referring to her as sassy or wife material. 

Glad Maja is cool. Hope not to cool. The name is starting to grow on me. 

I need me some sassy wife before 35.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I used to run into bruce all the time.  I worked out next to him at the gym and always saw him and his wife strolling through town.  Cool dude for sure however very short!
    Did you ever shower together?
  • Options
    Yes
    He used to drop the soap all the time in front of me but I would always tell him that I was married.
  • Options
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

Did you ever shower together?
    Is that where you used to run into Eddie too?

Quite a gym you have down the shore. :wink:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    He used to drop the soap all the time in front of me but I would always tell him that I was married.
    CLASSIC ROCK STAR BULLSHIT. 

Been there, done that with Benny and Björn.
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

1. Netherlands (71.45)
    2. Sweden (70.40) ...
    3. Denmark (69.93) ...
    4. Norway (67.77) ...
    5. Singapore (66.03) ...
    6. Finland (65.83) ...
    Well you guys speak a weird mish-mash of English and Swedish with your "smorgpsboard" and "ombudsman" etc.
    Well that's not a mish mash, lol. Those are established English words that reside in English dictionaries. They were just adopted from another language. Isn't that how much languages develop? I mean, English is part of the Indo-European language family, and so is Swedish.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

1. Netherlands (71.45)
    2. Sweden (70.40) ...
    3. Denmark (69.93) ...
    4. Norway (67.77) ...
    5. Singapore (66.03) ...
    6. Finland (65.83) ...
    Well that's not a mish mash, lol. Those are established English words that reside in English dictionaries. They were just adopted from another language. Isn't that how much languages develop? I mean, English is part of the Indo-European language family, and so is Swedish.

• Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

1. Netherlands (71.45)
    2. Sweden (70.40) ...
    3. Denmark (69.93) ...
    4. Norway (67.77) ...
    5. Singapore (66.03) ...
    6. Finland (65.83) ...

He's hot. I like Bill more as an actor, but this is definitely the hotter one, lol.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

1. Netherlands (71.45)
    2. Sweden (70.40) ...
    3. Denmark (69.93) ...
    4. Norway (67.77) ...
    5. Singapore (66.03) ...
    6. Finland (65.83) ...

He's hot. I like Bill more as an actor, but this is definitely the hotter one, lol.
    I've worked on two animated movies with voice by his dad. But never got to meet him :/ 

• Options
    Gonna go get my laundry, then go buy some alkohol - you know our state owned systembolaget closes at 8 pm.
  • Options

• Options
    Systembolaget joking about /criticizing other countries who has free alkohol sale. Agree or disagree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4t-fCKQCP4
  • Options
    Yes
    I was scuppered in Sweden and Norway with the drink situation. Blew my mind as I'm English and obvs drink too much. And the price. We stayed out all night in Stockholm. Last tour it was light most of the night anyway. But I got a bottle of wine from the hotel next to the venue £50. !!!!I asked my friend . Oh grab a bottle of wine whilst back at your hotel
     He came back and said fifty quid mate. Holy shit. I drank it slow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I was scuppered in Sweden and Norway with the drink situation. Blew my mind as I'm English and obvs drink too much. And the price. We stayed out all night in Stockholm. Last tour it was light most of the night anyway. But I got a bottle of wine from the hotel next to the venue £50. !!!!I asked my friend . Oh grab a bottle of wine whilst back at your hotel
     He came back and said fifty quid mate. Holy shit. I drank it slow
    Isn't buying alcohol from a hotel expensive in every country? even though yes, we have a bit higher alcohol tax than our southern neighbours. 

I will see what a bottle of wine goes for at the normal "pub" here if I drink out tonight.

I get a glass with half a litre beer (I guess that would be a "pint"?) where i drink for maybe 45SEK (£3,77 . $4,87)

• Options
    But yes, Oslo is damn expensive. Even for us Swedes. But at the same time - I guess they have cheaper and more expensive places like here and in London. But when I went out in Oslo, I could barely accept the prices for a beer. Haha.