Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Yikes, that is ugly.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • I still support the animal t shirts.
    My 4 eyed jaguar from Sao Paolo is the shit!
    The jaguar and rome snake are my favorites.
    Still iso xl Chicago bull.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    Did they really send a newsletter to 100k+ people for an item they had 100 of? That's insanity.
  • Why even have the tenclub tshirts when there's so little work put into them.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Why even have the tenclub tshirts when there's so little work put into them.
    I really REALLY think they need to re-tool the membership benefits.  The single & mag are constantly 2-3 years behind, the shirts almost always suck (not to mention they're Ten Club shirts, not Pearl Jam shirts), and no one wants low-quality mp3's.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    RS65573 said:
    Did they really send a newsletter to 100k+ people for an item they had 100 of? That's insanity.
    What is insanity is that they actually sold 100 of them. Who drops $100 on a sweatshirt, an ugly one at that?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    I really REALLY think they need to re-tool the membership benefits.  The single & mag are constantly 2-3 years behind, the shirts almost always suck (not to mention they're Ten Club shirts, not Pearl Jam shirts), and no one wants low-quality mp3's.
    I'm fine with MP3. But I get what you're saying... and I haven't really used my codes because of decision agony. 

But yeah, no one wants tenclub shirts. Get Brad Klausen, or Munk One or whoever make a unique cool Pearl Jam tshirt every year that's just for the tenclub.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 4 eyed shit  is absolutely  awful.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    4 eyed shit  is absolutely  awful.
    Sooo ugly.   Yet people will buy it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • deweildeweil Posts: 245
    Hold on...did Deep and the vinyl go out from last year or just online? I never received one... (Alive/Chuck Berry)
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mcgruff10 said:
    4 eyed shit  is absolutely  awful.
    Sooo ugly.   Yet people will buy it. 
    Oh, I get it now, I think they wrapped a surprise vault or Benny in with every purchase. You get the 4-eyed hawk/eagle thing or the one-eyed LB cyclops and surprise gift!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    deweil said:
    Hold on...did Deep and the vinyl go out from last year or just online? I never received one... (Alive/Chuck Berry)

I hope your comment was sarcasm. The Alive 7" was the 2016. 2017 has not been shipped but is that Cant Deny Me track that is also the first single from the next album which is more likely to be a greatest hits release. 2018 has also not shipped because the closing date for that one is the end of the year. So in summary and assuming nothing turns up in the next 3 weeks, come Jan 1st there will be fanclub members who have paid for the 2017 single 2 years in advance. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Normally I wouldn't think a whole lot about saving $30 USD a year. But in the case of the 10C membership, it's the best $30 USD I save every year since I downgraded, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Normally I wouldn't think a whole lot about saving $30 USD a year. But in the case of the 10C membership, it's the best $30 USD I save every year since I downgraded, lol.
    I also downgraded this year, even though for the past 6 years I've been analog. To me, it just wasn't worth the extra money to go analog again. 
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Seriously thinking of downgrading this year. Im international so would save me $.
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Guessing modt of these will show up in a waffle soon  :D:|:o;)=):):s:|B):D:open_mouth:
    I'm fine with MP3. But I get what you're saying... and I haven't really used my codes because of decision agony. 

But yeah, no one wants tenclub shirts. Get Brad Klausen, or Munk One or whoever make a unique cool Pearl Jam tshirt every year that's just for the tenclub.
    They'd probably have to pay Klausen or Munk One, and with the quality of merch as of late (or lack thereof), they aren't looking to spend more money on quality.  They should let the fans submit designs. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    wow. that was easily the most un-eventful newsletter yet. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    wow. that was easily the most un-eventful newsletter yet. 
    Agree
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2

They'd probably have to pay Klausen or Munk One, and with the quality of merch as of late (or lack thereof), they aren't looking to spend more money on quality.  They should let the fans submit designs. 
    If not Klausen etc, yes have a competetion every year or have the inhouse graphic artist do it.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

If not Klausen etc, yes have a competetion every year or have the inhouse graphic artist do it.
    Jeff?
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Agree that it's time to downgrade to digital membership... I've only kept up with analog for the wax and we haven't gotten one of those in years so i suppose i'm still due 2 singles. Never worn any of the analog t shirts, truly they all have been pretty terrible.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Agree that it's time to downgrade to digital membership... I've only kept up with analog for the wax and we haven't gotten one of those in years so i suppose i'm still due 2 singles. Never worn any of the analog t shirts, truly they all have been pretty terrible.
    Yeah, this makes a lot of sense to me.  Kept it for the vinyl and what I was hoping was a cool Pearl Jam shirt each year.  I have a boatload of unused codes...I don't wear any of the shirts except for sleeping and only 1 of them...I don't own a record player....I'm being pretty dumb really.

hippiemom = goodness
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

I downgraded 2 years ago. Glad I did.

Its a pretty sad state of affairs regarding these X-mas singles. Since everyone is paying the extra money for them.

• Same 2 years ago downgraded 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,557

Its a pretty sad state of affairs regarding these X-mas singles. Since everyone is paying the extra money for them.

Especially with them being available a few months after in the store if you want them 
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!

With the recent sale, I spent a couple hours downloading ALAC-HDs for one cent per show.

Score one for me.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • smithnic said:

Especially with them being available a few months after in the store if you want them 

But then it's $10+shipping.

However, if you never use the codes and always buy the CDs, you're gonna at least break even. Remember that if you download FLAC or ALAC, you can use the codes and pay the difference.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Whoever had the idea for the fan-design shirt...I like it! As a bonus, take a couple weeks around October to have analog 10C members vote on the shirt...winning shirt gets a free analog membership.