Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:
    Do you think the folks at the 10 Club like the mystery box sale and the subsequent work that goes into putting them together?  Or is a "grab something from each pile" and fill the boxes?  They have put together some killer boxes for me--including a Pearl Jam/Red Sox jersey that I got to wear to Fenway when I was there (holy sh!t....two years ago).  I do need to make a confession...I went through the last mystery box (that got ransacked before getting to me-with the posters taken)...and failed to notice any picks before tossing out the packing material...didn't learn that picks were included in all the boxes until after recycling was dumped....bummer..
    I doubt anybody asks them so we’ll never know. The band/management sees an easy way to unload 1000 unwanted posters by throwing in a few sought after ones in the mix and bingo, just made 100k while spring cleaning. 

I've long had a theory that there's some reason why they *can't* sell certain items in the store. For 2020, we got posters and pins/patches, but no hats, shirts, and it seems like a lot of other stuff that could have been sold.

If they can't outright sell the stuff, but can sell a "mystery box" which *just happens* to contain stuff that can't be "sold" wink-wink nudge-nudge...
    I don’t know why they wouldn’t be able to sell something in their online store that was made as merchandise. But there’s always a lot of random rules and regulations, it wouldn’t surprise me if this is partially true. I say partially because the main purpose of the mystery box is to unload 1000 unwanted posters by mixing in a few sought after ones. Last round it seemed like nearly every box contained at least 1 baby brain, some even had 2. In the end I always find with worth the $100 still, and they got to clear out a pallet of ugly posters. It’s a win-win.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Mike's guitar
    New vinyl in shop
    Reminder of tour delay 
    Contest 

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    New merch in shop

Kearnsy
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    ...that ship separately because earth and stuff.
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,096
    Wish they were stickers instead of buttons. 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    New contest is for a Marucci baseball bat.
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,530
    they should sell hydroflask black bottle and towel in store.

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Buttons $ 29 shipping... That's a joke, right? 
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    Has 10c shipping gone mad??  $20 to ship buttons, mask and tote?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    they should sell hydroflask black bottle and towel in store.
    ☝🏻
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    Above the costs for shipping buttons to Europe.. I never complained before but this is crazy.. 
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    FR181798 said:
    demetrios said:
    EF11 said:
    drfox said:
    Wonder if we will get some EV mystery boxes. I notice the EV posters have been removed from 10c store

I noticed that too but was wondering instead if they got used as filler to secure the wooden edition of the Seattle stream posters. I know mine came wrapped in an old Eddie Vedder poster, and the ones on the site seemed to have been sitting there for quite some time.

Mine was one of Frank's EV '12 print.

An EV mystery boxes would be cool. I kinda wanna see another vinyl mystery sale.
    A 12" & 7" mystery vinyl sale
    I wonder much old vinyl they still have in the warehouse. Id imagine they might have variants of Easy Street, a few Vaults etc. but I imagine a lot of the really good stuff went in the last sale.

The last sale I got a red Lightning Bolt and No Jeremy 10". There was obviously better stuff but I had most of it anyway and I probably would have traded it.  Getting the red Lightning Bolt was decent because I didnt have it. Im pretty sure the allocation wasnt random unfortunately.

Yeah, from what I remember there, most people got one rare (or rare-ish) and one common (or common-ish) record.

I got a RNDM album (common) and a Mike McCready Music for Film on colored vinyl. The person who started the "re-release the Benny" got a... surprise... Benny. It looked like SeattleBatman ended up with one of the autographed guitars from the last mystery box. I *think* Dimi and maybe Dayle got autographed baseballs.

Some of it is random, but some is also thought out. They definitely use mystery boxes to dump a lot of general crap, but also know to put *just enough* good stuff in there to keep people buying a few boxes each time.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Came here to complain about shipping but it seems I’m not the first... 58 USD to ship a tote bag and 45 single to Austria.  What a joke.
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Do you think the folks at the 10 Club like the mystery box sale and the subsequent work that goes into putting them together?  Or is a "grab something from each pile" and fill the boxes?  They have put together some killer boxes for me--including a Pearl Jam/Red Sox jersey that I got to wear to Fenway when I was there (holy sh!t....two years ago).  I do need to make a confession...I went through the last mystery box (that got ransacked before getting to me-with the posters taken)...and failed to notice any picks before tossing out the packing material...didn't learn that picks were included in all the boxes until after recycling was dumped....bummer..
    I doubt anybody asks them so we’ll never know. The band/management sees an easy way to unload 1000 unwanted posters by throwing in a few sought after ones in the mix and bingo, just made 100k while spring cleaning. 

I've long had a theory that there's some reason why they *can't* sell certain items in the store. For 2020, we got posters and pins/patches, but no hats, shirts, and it seems like a lot of other stuff that could have been sold.

If they can't outright sell the stuff, but can sell a "mystery box" which *just happens* to contain stuff that can't be "sold" wink-wink nudge-nudge...
    I don’t know why they wouldn’t be able to sell something in their online store that was made as merchandise. But there’s always a lot of random rules and regulations, it wouldn’t surprise me if this is partially true. I say partially because the main purpose of the mystery box is to unload 1000 unwanted posters by mixing in a few sought after ones. Last round it seemed like nearly every box contained at least 1 baby brain, some even had 2. In the end I always find with worth the $100 still, and they got to clear out a pallet of ugly posters. It’s a win-win.

I'm not sure how some people ended up with two of the same poster, unless they bought mutiple boxes. It's obvious the posters are rolled in advance and maybe even the boxes are all made and just waiting for labels to be printed.

I know I got two EMEK Endless War posters, but I also bought two boxes. They made it known that stuff could duplicate, especially if the boxes were bought consecutively...as I just happened to do.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    And yes, Santos and company needs to fix the shipping issue. The shipping cost should be exactly what UPS/USPS charges. Any other fees should be included in the cost of the item itself.

If I buy an item:

Base cost of item as it costs 10C to obtain it from the original manufacturer
    10C fees...aka their profit for selling the item and their costs to obtain shipping material
    Shipping costs

10C fees should be rolled into the base cost.

$6 for a sticker plus $1 shipping looks a LOT better than $1 for a sticker and $6 shipping.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    edited April 2021
    no contest this month? (or did I just not see it?)

edit: didn't view the entire e-mail, d'oh!
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    New contest is for a Marucci baseball bat.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 402
    They probably will sell bottle and towel. Probably just going to collect donations first for contest 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited April 2021
    I applaud the band offsetting their carbon footprint when it comes to touring etc. but it does make me question all the merch and manufacturing processes and materials involved.  I know bills need to be paid but the amount of merch that gets pumped out is just stupid. I just feel its manufacturing stuff that just doesnt need to be made. Im sure I read that due to resources involved in manufacturing that cotton tote bags were not really as environmental as you think. Then consider the journey its made to the 10c warehouse and then to your home. I'm as guilty as the next person in terms of buying "nice" stuff but Ive been thinking a lot more about what I buy these days. 

• KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    I am happy when they release merch I don’t care about 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I'm not sure how some people ended up with two of the same poster, unless they bought mutiple boxes. It's obvious the posters are rolled in advance and maybe even the boxes are all made and just waiting for labels to be printed.

I know I got two EMEK Endless War posters, but I also bought two boxes. They made it known that stuff could duplicate, especially if the boxes were bought consecutively...as I just happened to do.
    I remember more than 1 person saying they got 2 baby brains, although one was a variant. They still didn’t want the variant though, which is what, worth $7 instead of $3?
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    FR181798 said:
    I applaud the band offsetting their carbon footprint when it comes to touring etc. but it does make me question all the merch and manufacturing processes and materials involved.  I know bills need to be paid but the amount of merch that gets pumped out is just stupid. I just feel its manufacturing stuff that just doesnt need to be made. Im sure I read that due to resources involved in manufacturing that cotton tote bags were not really as environmental as you think. Then consider the journey its made to the 10c warehouse and then to your home. I'm as guilty as the next person in terms of buying "nice" stuff but Ive been thinking a lot more about what I buy these days. 

I agree completely. It’s been ridiculous for a long time. All the stuff will end up in a landfill plus all the packaging. Tell us about that environmental impact Pearl Jam.
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    Wow another day of people bitching about something on the Pearl Jam forum. What a shock. You people are here voluntarily and are free to leave any time. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    KM73780 said:
    Wow another day of people bitching about something on the Pearl Jam forum. What a shock. You people are here voluntarily and are free to leave any time. 
    Love it or leave it?
    KM73780 said:

These gripes are legit. There's money being spent that doesn't need to be spent if 10C used media mail and could combine shipping.
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    And yes, Santos and company needs to fix the shipping issue. The shipping cost should be exactly what UPS/USPS charges. Any other fees should be included in the cost of the item itself.

If I buy an item:

Base cost of item as it costs 10C to obtain it from the original manufacturer
    10C fees...aka their profit for selling the item and their costs to obtain shipping material
    Shipping costs

10C fees should be rolled into the base cost.

$6 for a sticker plus $1 shipping looks a LOT better than $1 for a sticker and $6 shipping.
    Cool, but what happens when you order three or four stickers at once? If I buy four stickers, isn't it worse to pay for 4x the cost for a padded envelope when they'll all arrive in one envelope anyways?

I prefer that they continue to price the items accurately and shipping is what it is. In my view, they use good quality materials for shipping and they have to account for "handling" as well, like the warehouse costs and the people who staff the place. All of that isn't free. It's not an exact science, but I think that's a reasonable cost for a small business. This isn't Amazon or Target after all. I think we've gotten used to artificially low shipping and handling costs from these huge corporations that can not only afford it, but unfortunately seem like they wring at least some of those costs out of their employees in the form of high pressure work environments with comparatively low wages. I'm not an expert in labor and corporate management, but my overall point is that I think Ten Club's practices are more than reasonable for a small business.

Besides, what's to prevent them from adding shipping into the base cost of the item, then going back and charging "exorbitant" shipping anyways after people forgot why the price of the item suddenly went up 500%? On balance, while I wish item prices were lower in general (for example, $35 for a t-shirt is a bit much IMO), I don't have a huge problem with the way Ten Club prices and ships stuff. Again, these folks aren't Amazon.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    KM73780 said:

These gripes are legit. There's money being spent that doesn't need to be spent if 10C used media mail and could combine shipping.
    Maybe the logistics of the UPS service helps them manage shipping better, hence the markup? Maybe they found the benefits of the logistics management better than the downside of increased costs and shipping times and blowback from the end consumer absorbing the increased cost?

Or maybe they are skimming. Though given the volume and the retail prices, the skimming doesn't really track because they don't need to. Unless there are legit accounting problems with the 10c.

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Not sure about US shipping but international shipping seems excessive when I read some posts. Dont even seem to get shipping notifications any more for the few things I have ordered. Generally I put up with high shipping prices when I import records from the US because I would say vinyl prices are cheaper in the US in general. High shipping charges isnt exclusive to 10c. Same in a lot of artists store. I usually find that its the shipping calculators that is the problem rather than the stores themselves hiking up prices.