2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Well, it's a rumor at least. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    For some reason, I can't picture them desiring to do a Woodstock.  Just doesnt seem like their jam.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    MayDay10 said:
    For some reason, I can't picture them desiring to do a Woodstock.  Just doesnt seem like their jam.
    Agreed.  Weren't they asked to do the '94 show?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    They have precious few shows each year in years  they decide to tour, why waste one of them at this point in their careers in front of many non fans at a festival? And many PJ fans will not do a festival. 

Sure they may convert a few but at this point most people have had the opportunity to decide whether they are PJ fans

Much of their fan base is at a point in their lives that festivals are an absolute no go.
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455

Much of their fan base is at a point in their lives that festivals are an absolute no go.
    Couldn’t agree with this more.   I’ve seen PJ at a few festivals and I personally can’t stand festivals.  I’m 42 and don’t like dealing with huge crowds of non fans, having to sit through bands I don’t want to see, shitty sight lines,  and shitty conditions.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Any word on The Stones? Those guys know how to hype up a tour 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    my2hands said:
    Any word on The Stones? Those guys know how to hype up a tour 
    The Stones already announced their tour...
  • jhager79 said:
    Odds of PJ at Woodstock 50th anniversary?
    “Were there or should have been-Bon Jovi” lol. I’d have to go if PJ, Phish, and Santana played but that lineup is generally crapstock.
    Can’t get past that error on the “bands who were there/should have been there” on this. Lol
    Bon Jovi? He would have been 7 or 8 years old. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Pearl Jam Woodstock 2019 lol 😂 no way Ed would not like all the topples chicks running around ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Festivals are fine (I wont attend, but they play them).

Woodstock seems like a mega greed fest.  A bad taste still lingers with the bad behavior that plagued the last one, along with gauging people for water and the fires at the end.  There was a real element of danger.  Pj has little control here.  It seems like with festivals, they pick their spots.

If they didnt play 94 or 99, I cant see them wanting to do it now.  Unless the promoter is promising a real dulled-down type of atmosphere all based on 'peace and lov'.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited November 2018
    They have precious few shows each year in years  they decide to tour, why waste one of them at this point in their careers in front of many non fans at a festival? And many PJ fans will not do a festival. 

Sure they may convert a few but at this point most people have had the opportunity to decide whether they are PJ fans

I don't think they play festivals for their existing fan base or to make new fans.  They play them because it makes the tour much more profitable as a whole.
    Agree with the consensus, I don't see them playing Woodstock (if it's true) unless it's MUCH smaller and controlled, which would go against the festival's image.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    Guys, enough of this.  Play some Texas shows next year, the airfare is killing me
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    Great... PJ tour rumors thread now dedicated to when the Stones are playing.

I get PJ has kids and enjoying parenthood, I am too, but there are ways to bang out 20 shows and/ or a few days a week of recording with limited family interruption.

The kid thing is such a lame excuse in my opinion.  People with kids travel all the time for work.  My best friend travels about 20 weeks a year to Asia for work (he is from New Jersey) and has two kids.  Unfortunately the fire/interest/desire just isn't there to play shows.
    if your friend wanted to, could he just say "you know what, we have enough money, I'm staying home"? Probably not. 

if I were PJ, after doing it for nearly 30 years, I wouldn't want to tour either, TBH. 

The weird thing is one of their bigger legacies are their live shows and interaction with their fans. They really do seem to enjoy touring when on stage

When I said there are ways to bang out 20 shows with limited family interruption, I was trying to concede they are stars,and have earned the right to pick and choose.

A 20 run in the summer, families can join for part of the tour. A 20 run during school is tougher, but i wish PJ would consider how many years are left on the clock. In 5 years they are staring down 60 and may want to REALLY slow down.
    I'm sure they love the shows. The rigors of the travel....not so much. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    Any rumors about Ed solo shows next summer? Someone has told me about a possible solo show at Rock Werchter next year which sounded a little strange as I've not heard of any other rumors and with all the talk about a new PJ album. 
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    edited November 2018
    MayDay10 said:
    Festivals are fine (I wont attend, but they play them).

Woodstock seems like a mega greed fest.  A bad taste still lingers with the bad behavior that plagued the last one, along with gauging people for water and the fires at the end.  There was a real element of danger.  Pj has little control here.  It seems like with festivals, they pick their spots.

If they didnt play 94 or 99, I cant see them wanting to do it now.  Unless the promoter is promising a real dulled-down type of atmosphere all based on 'peace and lov'.
    94 was way more peaceful, safe and enjoyable than 99 was.

I should add I was disappointed that AIC couldn’t be there and of course Would have been even greater if Pearl Jam would have played. 
    Post edited by LongestRoad on
  • Someone on the Coachella board is claiming PJ is currently in negotiations with Goldenvoice for something. Possibly to replace Childish Gambino as a headliner at Coachella 2019.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ That would be cool. My in laws live a few miles from there so I’d be there for sure. 
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Goldenvoice also produces Arroyo Seco fest in Pasadena in June.
  • A Coachella visit would certainly be better at drawing in new fans than Woodstock.
    My parent's attic - 2018
    My college dorm - 2019
  • chiefnjk said:
    Goldenvoice also produces Arroyo Seco fest in Pasadena in June.
    A couple of posts later it was specified that negotiations weren't for Arroyo Seco. So most likely Coachella or possibly a different fest on the polo field since GV is allowed to have a fall festival there as well. Although they haven't put on a fall festival at that location since Desert Trip.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Coachella would be torture.  My work has a top performer event in Palm Springs a week before Coachella...  Always thought it would be cool to go to one but I lack the funds to to stay a week extra.   Be torturous if I knew I missed PJ by a week :)
  • Ohana 9/27-9/29.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Sounds like we have ourselves a 2019 tour (single show) rumor.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Another thought on the Coachella thing...
    EV is headlining Innings Festival in Tempe in March which was announced on Oct. 30. However, that lineup was originally supposed to be announced on Oct. 24, but then got delayed. Organizers said they needed more time to put the final touches on the lineup. Could it be that perhaps PJ was supposed to headline Innings, but then the negotiations with GV started up back then so they backed out and Ed agreed to play solo instead? (Coachella artists are not allowed to play North American fests from January-May.)
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Hasnt been much news of late in the PJ world.  Hopefully this means they are still working on the new album with a tour to follow.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Another thought on the Coachella thing...
    EV is headlining Innings Festival in Tempe in March which was announced on Oct. 30. However, that lineup was originally supposed to be announced on Oct. 24, but then got delayed. Organizers said they needed more time to put the final touches on the lineup. Could it be that perhaps PJ was supposed to headline Innings, but then the negotiations with GV started up back then so they backed out and Ed agreed to play solo instead? (Coachella artists are not allowed to play North American fests from January-May.)
    I doubt that PJ would have played Innings.  I've never been to the site but judging from the online photos it doesn't appear to have the capacity to support the number of people that would come for that.  However that's moot anyway given it is EV Solo.  I'm doubtful on the Coachella rumor but would be thrilled if it's true.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Innings has a capacity of about 13,000 which is about the same as how many attended PJ's last Phoenix area concert in 2013. So it's not completely out of the question. The holdup must've been with one of the headliners. You don't hold back a lineup release for an act midway down the poster. Who knows? Could be nothing, but just something I thought I'd throw out there considering the post I saw on the Coachella board.
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    Looking at the adverts on the boards, its a US Arena...hopefully new album and tour coming soon!!!
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Spectrum?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin