2020 Tour Rumor Thread

13132343637160

Comments

  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 1,403
    JimmyV said:
    Phish announced for Fenway in July. They've also been rumored for Woodstock.

    Damn they just played 13 shows at MSG. 

    I wish I was more a phish fan
    I wish I was seeing 13 MSG shows by Pearl Jam
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 1,403
    Woodstock50 dates and location announced: 

    Watkins Glen, NY
    August 16-18


    So will they do Bethel Woods, Watkins Glen or neither...

    Plot thickens.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,141
    Woodstock50 dates and location announced: 

    Watkins Glen, NY
    August 16-18


    So will they do Bethel Woods, Watkins Glen or neither...

    Plot thickens.



    Summer Phish dates got announced today, what ya got cookin’ Pearl Jam??
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16


  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 8,512
    Jason7192 said:
    I give him credit for having a sense of humor over the criticism.  

    But it there is zero newsworthiness to that site.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2
    1998: East Rutherford, MSG 1 & 2
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus, Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3, Boston 1, Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia, Uniondale, MSG 1 & 2, Holmdel
    2005: Atlantic City 1
    2006: Camden 1, East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Newark(EV)
    2009: Philadelphia 1, 2, & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Brooklyn 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Baltimore
    2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Fenway Park 2, MSG(TOTD)
    2017: Brooklyn(RnRHOF)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 12,872
    Phish announced a whole tour which I didn't know when I posted the Fenway news. They are also playing Saratoga as well, so if they are indeed playing Woodstock, it does not look like that festival is placing much of a mileage restriction on artists.
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 2,516
    JimmyV said:
    Phish announced a whole tour which I didn't know when I posted the Fenway news. They are also playing Saratoga as well, so if they are indeed playing Woodstock, it does not look like that festival is placing much of a mileage restriction on artists.
    I hate phish but I wish I was a fan of theirs. They constantly play residencies at MSG. I’ve always wished PJ would do A NYE show. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 1,116
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Phish announced a whole tour which I didn't know when I posted the Fenway news. They are also playing Saratoga as well, so if they are indeed playing Woodstock, it does not look like that festival is placing much of a mileage restriction on artists.
    I hate phish but I wish I was a fan of theirs. They constantly play residencies at MSG. I’ve always wished PJ would do A NYE show. 
    Im not a fan, went once with a friend who is a superfan.

    Only song I know is bounce around the room, had an AWESOME time. Terrific fans.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 2,516
    RS65573 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Phish announced a whole tour which I didn't know when I posted the Fenway news. They are also playing Saratoga as well, so if they are indeed playing Woodstock, it does not look like that festival is placing much of a mileage restriction on artists.
    I hate phish but I wish I was a fan of theirs. They constantly play residencies at MSG. I’ve always wished PJ would do A NYE show. 
    Im not a fan, went once with a friend who is a superfan.

    Only song I know is bounce around the room, had an AWESOME time. Terrific fans.
    I’ve heard. My uncle is a huge fan and always tells me to go. Maybe I’ll take him up on it. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 10,111
    From what I recall, Phish is pretty unhappy with Watkins Glen and somewhat hinted that they would never play there again.
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NYPosts: 374
    MayDay10 said:
    From what I recall, Phish is pretty unhappy with Watkins Glen and somewhat hinted that they would never play there again.
    I would imagine after having to cancel their annual festival this year with little notice.  I am guessing if PJ and or Phish play, it's at Bethel Woods.
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,030
    BB162610 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    From what I recall, Phish is pretty unhappy with Watkins Glen and somewhat hinted that they would never play there again.
    I would imagine after having to cancel their annual festival this year with little notice.  I am guessing if PJ and or Phish play, it's at Bethel Woods.
    Bethel Woods is really nice given all the money invested in it, but the amphitheater part is not big at all.  Max is maybe 14,000 give or take.  
    That can’t be the main stage.  If it’s gonna be at Bethel, they must be planning the main stage to be out in the open somewhere.  
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NYPosts: 374
    maverick said:
    BB162610 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    From what I recall, Phish is pretty unhappy with Watkins Glen and somewhat hinted that they would never play there again.
    I would imagine after having to cancel their annual festival this year with little notice.  I am guessing if PJ and or Phish play, it's at Bethel Woods.
    Bethel Woods is really nice given all the money invested in it, but the amphitheater part is not big at all.  Max is maybe 14,000 give or take.  
    That can’t be the main stage.  If it’s gonna be at Bethel, they must be planning the main stage to be out in the open somewhere.  
    It is really nice, I have only been there once, but I recall it being very wide open, I would think there is room for multiple stages.  Not that I am a fan, but I think Livenation putting on this event will help ensure it is run smooth.  
  • kstkst Posts: 231
    edited January 10
    I agree with Maverick.  They claim on their website that it holds 15K.  I don't know exact numbers but would imagine PJ drew at least 4X that amount at festivals in Europe last year.  With Bethel being so close to NYC I imagine it would be a very tough ticket if there are only 15K of them.  Hopefully there would at least be a 10c lottery, although typically with festivals there isn't.
    Post edited by kst on
  • stanudesstanudes Baltimore Posts: 20
    edited January 10
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 174
    stanudes said:
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 2,622
    chiefnjk said:
    stanudes said:
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.
    Most depressing post of the day. They can only redeem themselves if they play Comerica 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 57,165
    chiefnjk said:
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.


  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 174
    chiefnjk said:
    stanudes said:
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.
    Most depressing post of the day. They can only redeem themselves if they play Comerica 
    I don't have any info, I would just be shocked if they didn't play at least Wrigley (and Fenway) again either this year or next.
  • madkins7madkins7 Posts: 15
    I recall that it was a done deal for PJ to play Citizens Bank Park last summer as part of the home and away shows...  The positive was I ended up going out to Seattle for the home shows to get the fix.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 3,702
    chiefnjk said:
    chiefnjk said:
    stanudes said:
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.
    Most depressing post of the day. They can only redeem themselves if they play Comerica 
    I don't have any info, I would just be shocked if they didn't play at least Wrigley (and Fenway) again either this year or next.
    If this happens I might actually take a pass, even though it’s close to home. I’d have to see when the time comes. I’ve had nothing but great times at Wrigley (and Fenway) but hoping to switch it up a bit. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 12,872
    edited January 10
    madkins7 said:
    I recall that it was a done deal for PJ to play Citizens Bank Park last summer as part of the home and away shows...  The positive was I ended up going out to Seattle for the home shows to get the fix.
    It was not.

    Or, at least, we didn't hear a thing about it from any reputable source. Everything was a rumor at best.
    Post edited by JimmyV on
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, INPosts: 3,215
    bbiggs said:
    chiefnjk said:
    chiefnjk said:
    stanudes said:
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.
    Most depressing post of the day. They can only redeem themselves if they play Comerica 
    I don't have any info, I would just be shocked if they didn't play at least Wrigley (and Fenway) again either this year or next.
    If this happens I might actually take a pass, even though it’s close to home. I’d have to see when the time comes. I’ve had nothing but great times at Wrigley (and Fenway) but hoping to switch it up a bit. 
    Hahahahaha.....I call bullshit! Your ass will be there and you know it! I know it. We all know it. This time you're bringing a baseball mitt to try to catch a baseball.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 3,702
    bbiggs said:
    chiefnjk said:
    chiefnjk said:
    stanudes said:
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.
    Most depressing post of the day. They can only redeem themselves if they play Comerica 
    I don't have any info, I would just be shocked if they didn't play at least Wrigley (and Fenway) again either this year or next.
    If this happens I might actually take a pass, even though it’s close to home. I’d have to see when the time comes. I’ve had nothing but great times at Wrigley (and Fenway) but hoping to switch it up a bit. 
    Hahahahaha.....I call bullshit! Your ass will be there and you know it! I know it. We all know it. This time you're bringing a baseball mitt to try to catch a baseball.
    Okay, okay. You got me. But c’mon PJ...enough Wrigley shows. Bring back the UC! 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, ILPosts: 4,843
    bbiggs said:
    Bring back the UC! 
    HELL. YES.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 11,961
    bbiggs said:
    Bring back the UC! 
    HELL. YES.
    Have skipped the last three Chicago shows because it was Wrigley.  And I am a lifelong Cubs fan.  I didn’t miss a show from 1998-2013 in Chicago other than Lolla.
  • ZodZod Posts: 6,223
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    chiefnjk said:
    chiefnjk said:
    stanudes said:
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.
    Most depressing post of the day. They can only redeem themselves if they play Comerica 
    I don't have any info, I would just be shocked if they didn't play at least Wrigley (and Fenway) again either this year or next.
    If this happens I might actually take a pass, even though it’s close to home. I’d have to see when the time comes. I’ve had nothing but great times at Wrigley (and Fenway) but hoping to switch it up a bit. 
    Hahahahaha.....I call bullshit! Your ass will be there and you know it! I know it. We all know it. This time you're bringing a baseball mitt to try to catch a baseball.
    Okay, okay. You got me. But c’mon PJ...enough Wrigley shows. Bring back the UC! 
    Given the band easily sells out stadium shows in Chicago, wouldn't it suck trying to get arena tickets?
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 2,845
    Zod said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    chiefnjk said:
    chiefnjk said:
    stanudes said:
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.
    Most depressing post of the day. They can only redeem themselves if they play Comerica 
    I don't have any info, I would just be shocked if they didn't play at least Wrigley (and Fenway) again either this year or next.
    If this happens I might actually take a pass, even though it’s close to home. I’d have to see when the time comes. I’ve had nothing but great times at Wrigley (and Fenway) but hoping to switch it up a bit. 
    Hahahahaha.....I call bullshit! Your ass will be there and you know it! I know it. We all know it. This time you're bringing a baseball mitt to try to catch a baseball.
    Okay, okay. You got me. But c’mon PJ...enough Wrigley shows. Bring back the UC! 
    Given the band easily sells out stadium shows in Chicago, wouldn't it suck trying to get arena tickets?
    Maybe, but if they actually toured then half the worlds pj fans wouldn't try for Chicago tickets 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, ILPosts: 4,843
    bbiggs said:
    Bring back the UC! 
    HELL. YES.
    Have skipped the last three Chicago shows because it was Wrigley.  And I am a lifelong Cubs fan.  I didn’t miss a show from 1998-2013 in Chicago other than Lolla.
    I was at all 5 Wrigley shows (and the two Seattle as well). Been to 82 PJ shows and as much as I dislike baseball stadium shows (despite being a Cubs lifer), the shows were amazing. They really made them special. But yes, I hope they go back to longer tours of arenas and sheds instead of the handful of baseball stadiums. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • hairgrowth2001hairgrowth2001 Posts: 20
    edited January 11
    Lots of warranted negative thoughts around here lately. I have a hunch that a lot of us will be very satisfied within the next month with a new album announcement and a more proper tour of North America come July and August. Bring on some positivity! In the meantime, let’s spin the black circle.
    Post edited by hairgrowth2001 on
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA AustraliaPosts: 2,355
    Lots of warranted negative thoughts around here lately. I have a hunch that a lot of us will be very satisfied within the next month with a new album announcement and a more proper tour of North America come July and August. Bring on some positivity! In the meantime, let’s spin the black circle.
    Agreed! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
Sign In or Register to comment.