Christmas Single

Anyone have any information on when the Xmas singles are going out? 

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    also, info@tenclub.net
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    There's no news on last years or this years single.
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Have just sent an email to the Ten Club asking where my single and DEEP magazine is. 

Not really happy about paying $20 a year for just being able to post on this forum. 

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Let us know when they don’t respond
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    My membership is due to be renewed on November 30.  If they don't respond by then I am cancelling my membership.
    It's not even worth being in it for concert tickets anymore.  PJ's last shows in Australia were at a festival in 2014.  Pfft! 

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    E.K said:
    Have just sent an email to the Ten Club asking where my single and DEEP magazine is. 

Not really happy about paying $20 a year for just being able to post on this forum. 

I hope the fan club gets paid well for having to take all the angry messages when the band members are the reason for the delays (my assumption).   
  • E.K said:

Keep in mind you also get the chance at tickets, the contests, member-only items, etc. At one point, 10C radio was a perk, but I'm not sure it still is exclusive.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    E.K said:

Keep in mind you also get the chance at tickets, the contests, member-only items, etc. At one point, 10C radio was a perk, but I'm not sure it still is exclusive.
    Wait, you get ticket availability, phantom Christmas singles and Deep magazines and forum usage fro 20.00. Why the heck am I paying 40.00??
  • njnancy said:
    E.K said:

Wait, you get ticket availability, phantom Christmas singles and Deep magazines and forum usage fro 20.00. Why the heck am I paying 40.00??

The $40 gives you:
    The actual 7" (everyone gets MP3s.)
    The magazine (everyone gets PDFs.)
    The analog member item.
    The digital download.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy said:
    E.K said:

The $40 gives you:
    The analog member item.
    The digital download.
    Thanks for the reminder. I forget sometimes. I actually have never gotten the member item - i always forget and it expires but I want this shirt. Thankfully the digital downloads don't expire. 
    njnancy said:
    E.K said:

I pay $20 for a digital membership.  Ticket availability is a bit pointless for me as I live in Australia.  The last time they did a proper tour here was 2009 and the Ten Club tickets for that tour were general admission.  They played here in 2014 but it was to play at a festival... so 10 club tickets meant nothing.  
  • E.K said:

I hope the fan club gets paid well for having to take all the angry messages when the band members are the reason for the delays (my assumption).   
    I hope the fan club takes it serious to build up a working relationship with the band that do not let these kind of delays happen.

Or rather - I hope the fan club checks itself before it wrecks itself (more) and starts being transparent and communicate with the members of it.

Their communication is shit.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    E.K said:

The $40 gives you:
    The analog member item.
    The digital download.
    Thanks for the reminder. I forget sometimes. I actually have never gotten the member item - i always forget and it expires but I want this shirt. Thankfully the digital downloads don't expire. 

I just do the item code as soon as I get it.

And we're in the final hours for those one-cent ALAC or FLAC files with the weekend discount combined with analog codes.
    They actually responded the next day.. telling me the 2017 Single and the DEEP Magazine would be available in my Downloads section when it is ready and that the 2018 Single and DEEP magazine would also be available in my Downloads section when it's ready and it was up to me if I renewed or not.   :s  :|
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    So on January 1 we will officially be closer to 2020 than 2017, and still no 2017 single.  Which I paid for in January 2017. :angry:
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    When was the last time a Christmas single was sent out?  I'm an analog member and can't remember the last time I saw one.  A couple years, at least. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    When was the last time a Christmas single was sent out?  I'm an analog member and can't remember the last time I saw one.  A couple years, at least. 
    It was the 2016 single which was sent out in very late 2017. Some people got it in 2018.

One side was Alive from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (I think a soundcheck) and the other side was Around and Around.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Actually kinda sad we have to struggle to remember when the last one came out. If they’re not going to do it right, they should just give it up. It went from a Christmas single to a holiday single cause they never came on time.... probably should be called the “every few years” single now.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    MedozK said:
    Actually kinda sad we have to struggle to remember when the last one came out. If they’re not going to do it right, they should just give it up. It went from a Christmas single to a holiday single cause they never came on time.... probably should be called the “every few years” single now.
    I think they should dismantle the club - and just move to some kind of concert ticket only club. It's lost it's club feel a long time ago.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    brianlux said:
    It was the 2016 single which was sent out in very late 2017. Some people got it in 2018.

One side was Alive from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (I think a soundcheck) and the other side was Around and Around.
    Yep, the 2016 single with 2017 performances & graphics, delivered in 2018.
  • MedozK said:
    You have one job! One!

Make a holiday single!!
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Whether we get these again or not, I don't really care.  They don't even bother communicating anything anymore.  As many times as they've done a "psst psst" post, they could have said "hey, just a heads up.  We're working on this".
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    kramer73 said:
    Whether we get these again or not, I don't really care.  They don't even bother communicating anything anymore.  As many times as they've done a "psst psst" post, they could have said "hey, just a heads up.  We're working on this".
    Maybe  they aren't working on it...

But I agree about lack of communication.  We get instant notification of new merch to buy wonder why no real band information and so late on the single.  Would be nice to not have to try and remember what you already paid for and haven't gotten.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    kramer73 said:
    I think they just don't dare to address the "guiltiness" of the band. Maybe, most of the times, they'd just wish to say "It's the band's fault, let us alone". But PJ are their bosses, so they have to be cautious. To me, 95% of this crappy situation is absolutely Pearl Jam's fault and responsibility. The other 5% is TC, because after all, we pay our money to them. They could, at the very least, say that they are sorry about the (heavy) lateness of the single. Instead, they kind of act like it's a normal situation, when obviously it's not.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    E.K said:
    They actually responded the next day.. telling me the 2017 Single and the DEEP Magazine would be available in my Downloads section when it is ready and that the 2018 Single and DEEP magazine would also be available in my Downloads section when it's ready and it was up to me if I renewed or not.   :s  :|
    Nice. That's 10c! Full of useful information and right on top of things. I wonder if your renewal would be honored if you told them the renewal fee would be in their account when it was ready.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • If you have a low 10C number please go on strike and dont pay the fee. That will show them
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • I'm sure it wouldn't help, but what about if every time someone met a member of the band after a show, whatever...

"Please don't forget about the 201x yearly 10C single due to fans several months ago. Thanks!"
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    I'm sure it wouldn't help, but what about if every time someone met a member of the band after a show, whatever...

"Please don't forget about the 201x yearly 10C single due to fans several months ago. Thanks!"
    This same thought crossed my mind as well. 
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I'm sure it wouldn't help, but what about if every time someone met a member of the band after a show, whatever...

No way. You'd ruin your chances of getting a pick or two from Ed.
This discussion has been closed.