###~~Dusseldorf Fanviews 21-6-07~~###

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,704
    how the hell do i seperate my video into two ,cos its 215mb and 100mb is the upload limit for youtube
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mohomoho Posts: 540
    how the hell do i seperate my video into two ,cos its 215mb and 100mb is the upload limit for youtube

You might want to slpit it into three then! ;):D
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,704
    i dont know how can anyone advise
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Even tho my mind is still processing a really great show and I can not think or describe the experience decently, I was extremely happy to talk myself in to the front area after returning from the toilet and getting drinks and my mate all of a sudden managed to get passed the barrier. While waiting to get in I enjoyed the 1st couple of songs with a fellow Dutchman, jumping and singing along. Actually it was a friendly atmosphere the entire evening. After ranting to the security guy that he HAD to let me in, he actually did!

It was great to hear Sometimes as an opener, I've really got into the song just recently.. The songs that followed were intense, loved hearing Brain Of J and completely amazed to hear In Hiding again, after hearing it for the 1st time last year in Antwerp. I was really hoping to hear Sad and got it! I can write about almost every song played, it was an amazing setlist and completely what I had hoped for. Hearing Breathe and SOLAT back to back was amazing and closing 1st the set with my favorite of the last album put a huge smile on my face!

The crowd was really enthusiastic and the band really seemed to have a great time. There was a lot of singing along the whole show, making Miracles, Black, Small Town and Baba a great experience.

That's it for now, my mind is almost shutting down, thanks Pearl Jam for another great show and all the friendly people I met sharing the concert with me and the Germans for being great hosts.

Next stop Nijmegen! :D
    your light's reflected now
  • TerriTerri Posts: 1
    HI,

this is my first post here, so first of all:

Hello everybody ! I'm from Germany, 35 years old, being a PJ fan right from the beginning.

Well, what can I say. Düsseldorf was my 3rd PJ concert, before I only managed to see them in Berlin 1996 and 2000.

The whole thing started not very well. We (me and a friend) hit the road later than planned and we were stuck in traffic jams all the way. Instead of 2,5 hours we needed about 5 hours (more than 1 hour for the last 2 km, mainly because of the "briliant" organization from the ISS Dome people and the very limited parking spaces).
    Anyways, after we found an illegal parking space we approached the venue, grabbing a beer at the gas station and seeing this unbelievable mess outside (all the people standing there in line, waiting to get in). I've never seen s.th. similar ... since it was about 8:40 pm by then already, we thought it was impossible to get in by time to see PJ from the beginning. I have to admit that we walked right to the front doors and sneaked in and we also got tags for the ground floor (?!) and were lucky to make it to the very front part of it, so my mood got better rapidly and I was ready for the show.

There's been everything said about the set list and I rocked the whole show right in front of Eddie, somewhere between the 3rd and the 6th row, depending on the action going on - it was a lot of fun !!! I enjoyed the mood and energy of the band and the crowd really surprised me - and I think PJ as well. So this ended up to be very, very special for everyone and I'll never forget it, hopefully there'll be a bootleg.

On hour way home we were stopped by the police for whatever reason. It turned out to be just a regular control (at three in the morning !!!) - at least one of the officers knew PJ ...

Greetings,
    Andreas
  • PJKnopfPJKnopf Posts: 50

...215mb only for YL? In which format did you record?

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, don't have time to read the whole thread - a nice review in the L.A. Weekly of Dusseldorf - wish I was there!
    (Hope the link works)....

http://blogs.laweekly.com/play/?p=132
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I never attended the concert...so my apologies for writing in this thread. But, I looked at the set list and actually said out loud, "HOLY FUCK".

Amazing set list! I hope everyone that attended had an AMAZING time!
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    I had! Still smiling :)

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Mirella wrote:
    I had! Still smiling :)

groetjes,
    Youre always smiling, Mirella :)
    It was great to see you again in London.

Oh, I was gonna say. Im glad the scenography is back. The waves in the back looked amazing in Munich and Poland. So did the surfoboard logos. I assumed they were damaged in the storm in Italy, and missed them in Austria and London. too bad. but now i see thats back up. were the surfboards also there last night?
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    No, they weren't there, maybe for a better view for the people on the sides? And it's impossible to not smile when surrounded by all you great people *and* seeing the band :D.

groetjes, and see you in Nijmegen or Werchter? (I hope!)
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Thin Hair wrote:
    flew back from Dusseldorf this morning, and have to say this was an amazing show. Met some fantastic people and was 2 rows right in front of Mike, closest i have ever been. Some classic songs from the band, and great of Ed to bring some guy up from the audience during 'I believe in miracles' , the guy looked like a kid in a sweet shop, lucky bastard! Got a rare Stone guitar pic and now looking forward to Nijmegen....see you there!
    Oh oh, Thin Hair! Yay you guys!

We oughta had a photo op- thin hair vs mullet :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    Hinny wrote:
    Oh oh, Thin Hair! Yay you guys!

We oughta had a photo op- thin hair vs mullet :)

hey hey, i am sure we will bump into each other in Nijmegen..........i will be wearing the same Thin Hair t-shirt.

ciao for now!
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    I just got home from Düsseldorf. Jesus Christ what a show. Although it was my first show with PJ it was magical!! Nothing else to describe it!

How many did attend the show exaclty?
    Any bootlegs?
    Any pics?
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Ben.WBen.W Posts: 17
    Wow guys!

I've been a huge PJ fan for about 8 years and had yet to see them live. I'd lived off endless plays of Cds, numerous bootlegs, DVDs and just reading your responses to shows for years, and Dusseldorf was my first (of hopefully many) taste of live PJ.

I flew in from Wales (having failed to book Wembley tickets) and somehow my first PJ show landed last night on my 21st birthday - there's not really a better present is there?

Came with my brother and dad. Brother's a biggish fan and Dad a casual fan so were both talking about Alive, Daughter etc for the whole journey but I just thought that whatever they played, I'd fuckin love it. And they come up with THAT SETLIST.

As good as Interpol and Futureheads were, I'd never been so impatient in the hours leading up to it. When they first came on, I couldn't believe I was standing in the same room as PJ.

I was in lower balcony on the left, pretty close (would've been approx 10-15 rows back if in the standing area).

Was thinking the support was sounding good, but couldn't believe my ears when Sometimes began. Years of repeated CD, bootleg listens hadn't prepared me for how much I'd be blown away by every song, note, second of the experience. Everything was perfect.

Whipping just made me go fuckin mental, and I quickly embaressed my dad, but the Germans were going for it just as much as I. Welled up in many tracks - Come Back, Inside Job, EWBACIAST, Black, Yellow Led. My bro hadn't heard Breathe before, so was obviously impressed.

The arena hadn't filled completely when PJ started, so when the lights started coming up for the first time during the set, looking round to see 15,000 people feeling exactly the same way as me in moments like the Alive solo, the 'Hello!!' in Elderly Woman, and the Given To Fly chorus' was easily the most intense feeling I've ever had.

So this is what you guys have been going to see.....

:D

Ed was god, Mike blew me away, only problem was that from where I was sitting, couldn't really here Stone (desperately wanted to here his Not For You solo a bit better).
    Speaking as a child of the 90s..
  • UrujamUrujam Posts: 53
    2000: Barcelona.
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisboa I, Lisboa II, Madrid, Paris, Verona, Milán.
    2007: Lisboa, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf (on stage!!!).
    2008: ¿?
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Urujam wrote:
    I was wondering when this vid will pop up :) Nice. very cool.
    I bet you couldnt sleep that night at all :D I know i wouldnt., hehe
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • leonleon Posts: 2
    The show was great but the organisation sucks!!!!
    Wait for hours, I had the ticket for the standing pitch and I had to go up!!!
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    That Miracles vid on youtube and that photo of Ed and that Uru dude are just freakin' awesome!!
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    http://www.concertteam.de/event_single.php?id=320&start=1

It's in german. Generally it says, that because the location had to move, issuing all the wrist bands for the correct sections in the hall lasted longer than expected. In addition to that, technical problems outside their responsibility lead to the later beginning of the show. They apologize for this.

Chris, who was there...and who is sooooo lucky! Gimme the boot!!!
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Red mosquitaRed mosquita Posts: 518
    Urujam wrote:

:eek:
    Fucking awesome!!!!!

Believe in miracles 'cause you're one! ;)
    It's not too late...
    It's never too late, no!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
    Ben.W wrote:
    Wow guys!

I've been a huge PJ fan for about 8 years and had yet to see them live. I'd lived off endless plays of Cds, numerous bootlegs, DVDs and just reading your responses to shows for years, and Dusseldorf was my first (of hopefully many) taste of live PJ.

I flew in from Wales (having failed to book Wembley tickets) and somehow my first PJ show landed last night on my 21st birthday - there's not really a better present is there?

Happy belated birthday! What a celebration :). I know two other boys who had their birthday there, one from Germany (30) and one from the Netherlands (28).

groetjes,
    Urujam wrote:

I seem to recognise your face...........

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Don't know if this has been posted before. Just wanted to share with all you lucky bastards who were there. My turn in 3 days!! :D:D:D

Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
    dane wrote:
    Don't know if this has been posted before. Just wanted to share with all you lucky bastards who were there. My turn in 3 days!! :D:D:D

nice review, although he says 'Rats' is from Vitalogy, instead of 'Vs'

• BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Unbeliavable... :D

Im just so incredibly happy and grateful that I was there for that show
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Thin Hair wrote:
    nice review, although he says 'Rats' is from Vitalogy, instead of 'Vs'

and that the ISS Dome isn't a football stadium but a hockey arena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z3sdAqUWzY&mode=related&search=
    it felt almost this way on the front floor

This gig was so fucking great. I still have chills I can't really come down.
    The band was so brilliant, eddie so communicative and I have chickenskin when I looked at the bands faces, especially ed who seemed almost crying, it was unbelievable for everyone, all this energy!!!

We ( my friend and myself) were in a very good mood, maybe because of the wine and beer, and we were ready to make a great party. The fact that we waited 1 hour too long outside didn't change a think at this. So as we entered the floor, we starded some "chalalalaaaa" ( I'm watching too much football;)) but noone was following us, so we started a few La Olas and some folks around us ( about 3 or 4 ;)) followed our "ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh , heyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!" ( yes, too much stadium experience). To then see about 15 000 peoples starting the La Ola who never became one but some kind of ARC singing (ooooohhhhh) made the hole think so spiritual.
    I just watched some youtube stuff from the seating places and I was surprised to see how intense the floor was, we were at about ttwenty meters from the stage and we thought that only there the crowd was jumping around, so that was a very nice surprice to see.

To the lucky guy who was on the stage with Eddie: Is it right that you said that you don't know the lyrics ? You lucky bastard how jealous was I seeing you on stage and than not beeing able to sing along.... ;) Man, you're a lucky guy and it's very good to believe in miracles!!!!

and to the guys from the bootleg, again: RELEASE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    " "
    Speechless...

What an absolutely amazing show!

Atmosphere was awesome! Some great singing by the crowd as well as the very touching "oooooooo"s between encores like in Berlin ('06). We were on the barrier right in front of Mike!!

Setlist was stupidly good! Opening with Sometimes was fantastic (and predicted by Chris before the show)! Breath was an amazing surprise, not sure we'd ever get to hear it! Whipping, Brain of J, In Hiding... actually they were all amazing! Not For You - absolutely class and one of our favourites but we hadn't seen it live up until then. Made even more amazing by Mike's 'not for me' antics!

Speaking of Mike - what an absolute LEGEND! Amazing solos (as always!), not to mention the personal fan interaction! I was blown away when he pointed me out in the opening couple of songs and threw a pick to me! Didn't for one minute think that towards the end of the first set he'd hand me his set list and a cd! Wasn't 'til I looked at it properly I realised he'd even written "thanks" and signed it! He was thanking ME??? Yeah right!!!

Mike - thank you so so much!! You made an absolutely astounding gig even more so!!!

Thanks to all the boys for pulling out all the stops to make this one of the most memorable gigs EVER! Even better than Wembley! To see how emotional Ed was towards the end had us welling up. To play for that long too....

The only down point was, it was our last show of the tour!!

Lastly we'd just like to say a big "THANK YOU" to everyone we met during the 10 hours queuing! Everyone was so nice to us and helped the time pass a lot quicker! Apologies for not naming names - but didn't want to offend anyone by leaving them out/mispelling names! Also, thanks a lot to those who organised the 'list' at the start - we thought it worked really really well!

Sorry to anyone we didn't get to say a proper goodbye to! Hopefully we'll see you at a gig near you soon!

A tour next year? Please? Pretty please guys!

From the Geordies (Chris and Teresa)

P.S. Chris' Kermit the Frog socks survived! :o
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    Mirella wrote:
    It was Uru from Portugal. Actual his name is Ishmael and he got his nickname from Uruguay where he originates from. Designer of the Bugs shirt for the last tour and one very happy fan indeed from the looks of it! :)

groetjes,

A legend :) I wore my shirt with pride! He deserved it.
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Chicken skin alarm!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z_K7NuMKTM&mode=related&search=

listen to the crowd there are some hallelujahs :D

It's surely the best opener, no question it is !
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.