Options

###~~Dusseldorf Fanviews 21-6-07~~###

Comments

• Options
    IamrebeccaIamrebecca Posts: 30
    I don't know what I can say without repeating what most have already stated.
    It really was an amazing show.
    And I met some brilliant people aswell. :)
    Becky
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Katowice, Poland - 13/06/07 -- Wembley, London - 18/06/07
    Dusseldorf, Germany - 21/06/07 -- Copenhagen, Denmark - 26/06/07
    Nijmegen, Holland - 28/06/07 -- Shepherds Bush, London - 11/08/09
    MEN, Manchester, England - 17/08/09 -- O2 London, London - 18/08/09
  • Options
    bildo703bildo703 Posts: 51
    one of the top 5 all time crowd was on fire...band felt energy

i am an american and havent felt that energy in years

eddie didnt say anything about the crowd surfing
    at the borgata - he called himself principal vedder.....so you decide
    Randall's 2 96 Cont 98 Cam 1 2 98
    Cam 1 2 00 Phi 03 St Col 03 Cam 1 2 03
    AC 1 2 05 Phi 05
    Cam 1 2 06 Cont 1 2 06
    Dussel 07 Hurr 07 Copen 07
    Nij 07 Werchter 07 Lolla 07,
    Bonnaroo 08 CAM 1 2 08 MSG 2 08
    Spectrum 09 1,3,4
    Pru ctr 10
    Wrigley 13
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    I have put a Rats vid back on YT...this time the whole song not parts of it. Can I put the link on here without being worried that the vid will be taken off? If you search my nick on there you will find it probably..if not pm me.
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    May I ask why the fuck the front part of the ground floor was only reserved to 10C members? Well I guess it is alright when you pay more that you will get to go some minutes ahead of "the others", but why didn't they fill it up??

I was standing right behind them and there were a big empty place between them and me.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2083/dsc00399nn3.jpg
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Viggo wrote:
    May I ask why the fuck the front part of the ground floor was only reserved to 10C members? Well I guess it is alright when you pay more that you will get to go some minutes ahead of "the others", but why didn't they fill it up??

I was standing right behind them and there were a big empty place between them and me.

It wasn't reserved at all!!! I asked the security if I'll can come back to the front with my wristhband when I leave it and they said : Yes, if there's enough space left. No priority for 10c!!!
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Viggo wrote:
    May I ask why the fuck the front part of the ground floor was only reserved to 10C members?
    The fos section wasn't only for 10c members. When the 10c tix holders were in, the fos wasn't even half full.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Viggo wrote:

I didn't have a 10c ticket and I was in the front section, people who got there early enough in the GA queue were given purple wrist bands which allowed them into the front section, when they ran out of the purple bands they went to grey wich was the back section.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    They never filled the empty space. They opened the gates up for a little while during the first encore I believe, but there were still a huge space between us and the last people standing in the front section.

Damn 10C...
    It's okay, It's okay
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
  • Options
    Viggo wrote:
    They never filled the empty space. They opened the gates up for a little while during the first encore I believe, but there were still a huge space between us and the last people standing in the front section.

Damn 10C...

That had totally nothing to do with 10C...you are just messing about. I did not have 10C and was in there as well. I guess the security has a certain number of ppl they let into the front for security reasons. And I can tell you I felt the pressure of the ppl in there on my back and at times felt a bit scared I would be crushed, so quite happy they didnt let more ppl in there.

p.s. At Nijmegen they let about 5.000 in the front while 60.000 can attend the shows at Goffertpark. Thats how it works. So, try to get there earlier maybe next time if you can.
  • Options
    If so I'm sorry...
    It's okay, It's okay
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
  • Options
    Viggo wrote:
    If so I'm sorry...

Its okay...! ;)
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Viggo wrote:

Damn 10C...
    They opened them just before the show started and during In Hiding, in between I barged in, didn't stop jumping and having a good time in front of those guys and in between songs kept asking them over and over and at some point they just gave in. No clue why they did take so long, it was 1/2 full..
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    To another thing here; The town of Düsseldorf. I fell in love with the city. It was not to big and not to small. Great beer (Schlüsser I believe..) and great bars! The snooker bar in particular. The bar with the ice bear (white bear or what the fuck you call it) had a Pearl Jam vorspiel...(?) Fantastic! We ended up taking a lot of bears after being at O'Reilly's (Irish pub).

Great city (many Chinese people though...everybody was terrific).

(I dislike the Germans for not speaking English...)
    It's okay, It's okay
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
  • Options
    O must confess I didn't like very much Dusseldorf city :$ but I didn't have the time to look for more!
    People from the Aldi supermarket are scary... they almost kick your ass out of the place! :D
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    targatarga Posts: 8
    Viggo wrote:
    To another thing here; The town of Düsseldorf. I fell in love with the city. It was not to big and not to small. Great beer (Schlüsser I believe..) and great bars! The snooker bar in particular. The bar with the ice bear (white bear or what the fuck you call it) had a Pearl Jam vorspiel...(?) Fantastic! We ended up taking a lot of bears after being at O'Reilly's (Irish pub).

Great city (many Chinese people though...everybody was terrific).

It's a pity that the germans aren't that good at speaking English... I guess that's because we have translated TV here. In the european countries with subtitled TV people are usually lots better.
    It's not so many chinese but japanese people in Düsseldorf, I'd say. That's because many of the japanese companies have their german subsidiary either in Düsseldorf or in Ratingen which is close.
    The Altbier you had was either "Schlösser" or "Schlüssel" where Schlösser is a quite common one you can buy everywhere and Schlüssel is a very special one in special bottles you can have only in certain places even in the old town of Düsseldorf (have lived there for some years).
    Düsseldorf is the capital of North-Rhine Westfalia even if it is not the biggest city there (it's ranked 4th only).
    /T.
  • Options
    Hi Mirella! It was nice to meet you. :)
    Mirella wrote:
    The tambourine went to a lovely little girl from Norway.
    Yes it did, and I am her happy mother, and a Pearl Jam fan since 1993.

It`s not like I had to bring my daugher to this event. I had plenty of others I could bring, but I asked her first, and she said yes in a heartbeat. She is ten years old and loves going to concerts. I consider it an important part of the upbringing. Good thing with the Ten Club-tickets too.

It was a memorable night for both of us. My fifth and her first Pearl Jam show (but she`s been to a few other rock concerts). She hated the waiting in line, wanted to go home, which was out of the question. (We came all the way from Norway for this.)

We found a place to the right of the stage, at the very front. That way we could see quite well, and I also knew she was safe, since it was so far to the side and there were lots of security people right in front of us.

The concert, as we all know, kicked ass. I had put earplugs on both of us, but mine went out the minute I heard Whipping. I love that song, and I needed it loud to get the maximum enjoyment. Full force. My daugher and I danced and laughed and had a great time. She was obviously enjoying it a whole lot, and the crew couldn`t help but be charmed by her.

And they played In Hiding! Holy shit!

My daughter loved how "the lights danced to the beat of the music" and she also claimed that Mike kicks ass.

She was overwhelmed by all the people, all the hands in the air, the whole thing, really.

This man from the crew kept smiling at us. He gave us a bottle of water and some chocolate. A woman came and asked my daughter if she wanted to have a rest by the side of the stage. She didn`t. The woman also said she could come up on stage during a song if she wanted. She didn`t. (!!) My daughter is a shy one, and she doesn`t speak English. So ... the guy with the Ramones shirt got to go instead.

A little later the woman came and gave us to EV guitar picks, then a setlist. Later a man came and gave us a full setlist. It got to a point where a man tapped my shoulder asking me "Do you have connections?". Haha. Then, finally, she got the tambourine and the evening was perfect. They started playing Yellow Ledbetter and I knew it had been a huge success. Everything but the waiting in line.

I will never forget this evening. I only regret not buying the poster. I am not a poster collector, but this one I would love to frame together with the setlist.
  • Options
    MargoMargo Posts: 256
    Cool story, you must be a great mum!
    Amsterdam 1996, Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Dusseldorf 2007, Rotterdam 2009
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Very cool indeed! So, she's 10. I read somewhere she was 8 and thought about my boyfriends niece, who's 7 now, so she could join us next time :).
    I already thought she wouldn't speak English already at her age, so that's why I only talked to you after the concert. Very nice to meet you, and I'm sure the boy who got on stage instead (Uru) is eternally greatful! :).
    Oh, and on a side note: we've met so many nice people from Norway during this tour and 2006, that we'll visit your country for a holiday for sure!

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    wait a minute.. some people are saying the Germans don't have good English.. :confused:

I beg to differ. :) ok, obviously not ALL Germans speak English and that can't be expected but 99,9% of the people I talked to had good (at least understandable) English.

many times someone would come up and talk to me or ask me something in the street or whatever (in German) and I'd say that I don't speak the language they'd ask "English?" and when I'd say yes they'd say the same thing in English. :)

and I too really liked Düsseldorf. especially the Altstad (forgive any spelling errors there!).
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Mirella wrote:
    Oh, and on a side note: we've met so many nice people from Norway during this tour and 2006, that we'll visit your country for a holiday for sure!
    Drop me a line if you come to Trondheim. I could show you around.

My daughter now has a Pearl Jam T-shirt, poster and sticker. I was so happy I was ready to give her anything she wanted after the show.
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Cool, we will! I don't expect it to be this year, but time flies anyway :)

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    I thought I was the only Norwegian here...puh!

We should have met or something in Düsseldorf..

I am still singing every day since 21. June: " I shut and lock the front door. No way in or out."
    It's okay, It's okay
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    They started playing Yellow Ledbetter and I knew it had been a huge success. Everything but the waiting in line.
    Yeah, and that weird guy with the ridiculous hair :)

Every German in Munich spoke great English- I guess Dusseldorf isn't as much a tourist town as Munich, so the need to learn it isn't so great. Still, I had my phrase book with me- the expressions on the locals faces when I tried to speak German off the book were golden :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    untitleduntitled Posts: 86
    Hinny wrote:
    Yeah, and that weird guy with the ridiculous hair :)

Every German in Munich spoke great English- I guess Dusseldorf isn't as much a tourist town as Munich, so the need to learn it isn't so great. Still, I had my phrase book with me- the expressions on the locals faces when I tried to speak German off the book were golden :)

yeah i will always remember that "bringen sie die rechnung bitte" :D
    just wanted to dance to bad music
    drive bad cars
    watch bad t.v.
  • Options
    AndiMAndiM Posts: 102
    Hinny wrote:

A good thing to do - but it doesn't work always. I've been with my parents to New York in '05 and they don't speak much English. One afternoon they went on their own through the city, they wanted to order something, used the tourist guide and everything worked - until the waitress asked them whether they wanted something aditional :D.

Anyway. After those two weeks I still love to look at some of the videos on YouTube, just remembering that great night we all had there.

@Daily Minefield: Just as the rest said ;-). You've got a lucky daughter *g*.
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    sandra the two of us need look no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RATS, SOLAT, BREATH, IM OPEN, SOMETIMES, BRAIN OF J, WASTED REPRISE, BLACK, INSIGNIFICANCE, COME BACK, ONCE, WHIPPING, NOT FOR YOU, IN HIDING, I AM MINE, BABA, YL, SOCCER HANDS, HEY HO LETS GO, ETC ETC ETC ETC

that show was a fucking party, thanks to every single person in the crowd for making that show as memorable as it was. band loved it and everyone in the stadium seemed to love it. is THIN HAIR the guy wearing the Thin Hair tshirt? kudos if so. a boardname as good as that on a shirt is made even better!
  • Options
    Hi Mirella! It was nice to meet you. :)

Yes it did, and I am her happy mother, and a Pearl Jam fan since 1993.

It`s not like I had to bring my daugher to this event. I had plenty of others I could bring, but I asked her first, and she said yes in a heartbeat. She is ten years old and loves going to concerts. I consider it an important part of the upbringing. Good thing with the Ten Club-tickets too.

It was a memorable night for both of us. My fifth and her first Pearl Jam show (but she`s been to a few other rock concerts). She hated the waiting in line, wanted to go home, which was out of the question. (We came all the way from Norway for this.)

We found a place to the right of the stage, at the very front. That way we could see quite well, and I also knew she was safe, since it was so far to the side and there were lots of security people right in front of us.

The concert, as we all know, kicked ass. I had put earplugs on both of us, but mine went out the minute I heard Whipping. I love that song, and I needed it loud to get the maximum enjoyment. Full force. My daugher and I danced and laughed and had a great time. She was obviously enjoying it a whole lot, and the crew couldn`t help but be charmed by her.

And they played In Hiding! Holy shit!

My daughter loved how "the lights danced to the beat of the music" and she also claimed that Mike kicks ass.

She was overwhelmed by all the people, all the hands in the air, the whole thing, really.

This man from the crew kept smiling at us. He gave us a bottle of water and some chocolate. A woman came and asked my daughter if she wanted to have a rest by the side of the stage. She didn`t. The woman also said she could come up on stage during a song if she wanted. She didn`t. (!!) My daughter is a shy one, and she doesn`t speak English. So ... the guy with the Ramones shirt got to go instead.

A little later the woman came and gave us to EV guitar picks, then a setlist. Later a man came and gave us a full setlist. It got to a point where a man tapped my shoulder asking me "Do you have connections?". Haha. Then, finally, she got the tambourine and the evening was perfect. They started playing Yellow Ledbetter and I knew it had been a huge success. Everything but the waiting in line.

I will never forget this evening. I only regret not buying the poster. I am not a poster collector, but this one I would love to frame together with the setlist.

I LOVE this story! Wow, wish I had a kid now ;)
    I saw you and your daughter when you where walking out of the front part after the concert. She was holding on so tight to her tambourine. I said hi for a moment. She looked so happy, you too!

It was a fantastic concert. I still get the chills when I think about the noises ppl made and the response from the band...that low oohhh (before the wave should come) sound was beautiful! We should do that more often and knock Ed of his socks...we did at Dusseldorf!

Wish I could do it all over again!
  • Options
    wow!how lucky you are Daily Minefield:)
    No matter how could the winter
    There's a spring time ahead
    I'm thumbing my way back to heaven

Best days:
    4-09-06 - Pearl Jam, Pavilhão Atlântico, Portugal
    8-06-07 - Pearl Jam, Passeio Marítimo de Alges, Portugal
  • Options
    Just had to add my 2 cents here and say this is easily one of their greatest set lists ever (imo). If I was there, I think my head would have exploded about midway through when they followed Breath with SOLAT. Congrats to everyone who was there and witnessed this, I'm beyond envious. If only there were still boots!
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    Viggo wrote:
    so you think that speaking English is a must? Well, go ask the French about that. Why don't you complain about Norwegians (is that what you are?) speaking no Danish, or the other way round? For my part - the only people from Norway I ever got to know did not speak English - but French. Lovely, isn't it? :p

And by the way: beer sounds the same in English as in German :D
    Viggo wrote:
    many Chinese people though
    and probably even more Japanese, DDorf is said to be "little Tokio". But that results in real good Asian, esp. Japanese, restaurants.