Options

###~~Dusseldorf Fanviews 21-6-07~~###

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    holy fuckin fuck.
    that was the best show that i have been to , i know that sounds a big call but everything was right-must start by the biggest thanks to LONDON JAM for hooking us up with 10c tixs as we were second row on mikes side.set list blew my tiny mind-so many priceless moments ,to many to mention but if i was the dude that got taken on stage by ed to sing i believe in miricles i would have died on the spot the happiest man in the solar system
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    eddie said "when you hear the bootleg,you will see what i mean."
    reffering to the crowd, so that could be a hint about boots
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Hey, Hinny :)
    No need to call me, you know I was there with you guys in spirit anyways.
    Sandra texted me a few times, so did Niko telling me about Rats and Sandra after the show telling me how it all happened. :D Awesome!
    Im happy for you guys. Who got the tambourines and the setlists?
    Tanya got a setlist. Kartik got a Mike pic. Emily got Matt's sweat band. This 8 year old Norwegian girl who was lining up with her mum next to me was handed a tambo.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    This is the best setlist ever!!!
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    Aranarth wrote:
    oh you too? :P

so awesome, so incredibly awesome, very happy for Sandra, she was completely over the moon. With this and Wembley, I guess I could die right now, but I still have Nijmegen and Werchter :D

In Sint Niklaas ... "FLITS" 142 grrrr
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    AndiMAndiM Posts: 102
    cyclops wrote:
    Even the speed ticket I'm expecting after the nice pic some speedcops made when I was on my way to Dusseldorf will not ruin the memory of this gig :-)

Damn Cops

Although in theory Germany has no speed limit at motorways ... Hm but that's another topic.

GREAAAAAAAAAAAT SHOW! I don't know how they do it but with every show I attended so far (Berlin, Munich and now Düsseldorf) they seemed to top themselves (at least in my opinion).

Greetings btw. to Scott and Ryan, the two Americans I met at the central station in D'Dorf :-). We had a great time.
  • Options
    cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    AndiM wrote:
    Although in theory Germany has no speed limit at motorways ... Hm but that's another topic.

well, I misunderstood that one: thought it was "you can drive as fast as you want when going to Germany" but you actually have to be in Germany

(was in Belgium)
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 238
    Great setlist,wish i was there..:(
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    AndiMAndiM Posts: 102
    cyclops wrote:
    well, I misunderstood that one: thought it was "you can drive as fast as you want when going to Germany" but you actually have to be in Germany

(was in Belgium)

As long as they don't catch you ;-). The problem with German motorways: Most times there are those road signs with speed limits and then you have to follow them.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Hinny wrote:
    Tanya got a setlist. Kartik got a Mike pic. Emily got Matt's sweat band. This 8 year old Norwegian girl who was lining up with her mum next to me was handed a tambo.
    :eek: :eek: Awesome! This happiness will never end :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    PJKnopfPJKnopf Posts: 51
    cyclops wrote:
    Even the speed ticket I'm expecting after the nice pic some speedcops made when I was on my way to Dusseldorf will not ruin the memory of this gig :-)

Damn Cops

That's nothing compared to the many guys waiting in the queue for hours and then got "caught in the act" peeing on the fields beside the Dome paying 10 Euros to the authorities :-)

The show was simply incredible and was far beyond any expectations. When I read the Wembley setlist I thought that it couldn't be topped but...
    Unfortunately this was my only gig this summer I could attend but I'm happy that it was at least one of the best if not even THE BEST. I didn't expect it but the crowd was great. I had a 10c tic and I was standing beside three nice guys from the States and one of them asked me about the german pit behaviour and if I expect it to be as wild as London and I said "No, I can't believe it. Usually germans are not that full of spirits". Well, after the first chords of Whipping I was washed away I didn't see the boys again to tell them that I must have been wrong. I have seen many rock shows in Germany before but even at i.e. Maiden or Metallica there wasn't this kind of energy (please don't blame me for that comparison, it's just to tell how great it was).
    I met one of the guys after the show at the train station but had to catch my train so I couldn't talk longer to him. I hope you all got home safe and for those going to the next shows: Have a great time!

Thank you!

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • Options
    targatarga Posts: 8
    Pegasus wrote:
    We got 1 setlist and Rats was NOT on it.. Ed just suddenly decide to play it..:o
    I saw a sign asking them to play it ;-()))) right in front of me... He took the paper from her (Sandra she's called I know now), played the song (forgot the lyrics, huh?) then poured some of his red wine over the paper and gave it back.
    Ricsard wrote:
    a real nice one! was it a soldout show btw??? how many fans were there to rock???
    13400 fit into ISS dome and it was nearly sold out.
    cyclops wrote:
    Organisation was crap:
    Agreed, After 2h waiting security decided to not take it serious anymore, but then I already missed the pre-bands.
    cyclops wrote:
    But as a good Belgian we found a solution: security was not that good in securing access to lower levels and we managed to find a spot on the stairs not too far from stage
    I found a pink wristband ;)
    (where shall I put it?)
    to my mailbox ;)
    Margo wrote:
    We waited for 3 hours in the rain but it was worth every second of it.
    That do you call rain ?
    Hinny wrote:
    Emily got Matt's sweat band.
    I touched one of Matt's sweat bands.... only...
    /To

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/gp/8877347@N02/Uuef53
  • Options
    Normally on mornings like this, Pearl Jam would be receiving $14.95 from me. :(
  • Options
    There is not enough time in this German Internet cafe to tell about this show. European Pearl Jam shows are an out of body experience...
    Got right in front of Jeff 2nd row (the best place to be) and he was rocking out the whole night! The whole band was in a great mood, ed just about lost it when the crowd was chanting their praises to him. I could see the tears start to well up in his eyes. There was so much great interaction with the fans the whole night, they truly felt at home. Im open! what!!?? the entire tme the crowd was SILENT just letting it all sink in...was this set list really happening??!!
    Sometimes as an opener was especially great to hear, considering the last time i heard it was in San Fran where he forgot the words to the chorus and just skipped the song entirely. The band ripped into whipping and Ed made sure to set the tone of the show by smashing a small light stand just to the left of him with his mic stand--i knew this show was destined to be legendary!
    so much more details...but simply typing this is just too much for me to handle. this was truly one of the most memorable experiences of my life!
    one awesome Jeff pick later, along with a sore body and even more sore throat i am grateful to have even been in the building for this show.

wow.
  • Options
    FUCK! I am an ASSHOLE!!! i am in Venlo, about an hour away and I could not confirm a way to get home after the show so I decided not to (plus no tickets). What the hell was I thinking not going?!?!?!?

great set list!!
  • Options
    Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    flew back from Dusseldorf this morning, and have to say this was an amazing show. Met some fantastic people and was 2 rows right in front of Mike, closest i have ever been. Some classic songs from the band, and great of Ed to bring some guy up from the audience during 'I believe in miracles' , the guy looked like a kid in a sweet shop, lucky bastard! Got a rare Stone guitar pic and now looking forward to Nijmegen....see you there!
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • Options
    PJKnopfPJKnopf Posts: 51
    was miracles acoustic or electric? i love acoustic miracles...

...more electric than this version isn't possible :-))
    The encore started with Ed telling the crowd again that they played in Germany 21 times before but never played Düsseldorf and that he would like to get to know someone from this town so he spotted this guy with the Ramones shirt (I don't actually think he was from Düsseldorf) and called him on stage. The crowd began chanting Blitzkrieg bob's "Hey ho, let's go" and then they ripped into Miracles. Ed and the guy were pogoing at the end of the song. Absolutely hilarious!

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    FUCK! I am an ASSHOLE!!! i am in Venlo, about an hour away and I could not confirm a way to get home after the show so I decided not to (plus no tickets). What the hell was I thinking not going?!?!?!?

great set list!!

even more since many people from Venlo and surroundings were there...
    Anyway, I hope you're still going to Nijmegen next week!

groetjes,
    Mirella :) (from the west, had a longer drive and I tried hard to avoid speeding tickets on my way back, slowing down all the time, so I hope none will arrive)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    PJKnopf wrote:
    ...more electric than this version isn't possible :-))
    The encore started with Ed telling the crowd again that they played in Germany 21 times before but never played Düsseldorf and that he would like to get to know someone from this town so he spotted this guy with the Ramones shirt (I don't actually think he was from Düsseldorf) and called him on stage. The crowd began chanting Blitzkrieg bob's "Hey ho, let's go" and then they ripped into Miracles. Ed and the guy were pogoing at the end of the song. Absolutely hilarious!

It was Uru from Portugal. Actual his name is Ishmael and he got his nickname from Uruguay where he originates from. Designer of the Bugs shirt for the last tour and one very happy fan indeed from the looks of it! :)

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Fuck Me!!!!
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Mirella wrote:
    It was Uru from Portugal. Actual his name is Ishmael and he got his nickname from Uruguay where he originates from. Designer of the Bugs shirt for the last tour and one very happy fan indeed from the looks of it! :)

groetjes,
    Mirella :)

I was standing just one person behinf Uru (third row) and saw the whole thing happening. F-ing BRILLIANT! Nice guy too.
    During the support acts Eddie was sitting next to the stage. People started waving at him and Uru pointed at his Ramones shirt. Eddie smiled and gave him the thumbs up. Later during the show Eddie came to our site and told the security to get Uru on stage. He ran to the stage and Eddie asked him to sing "miracles"...the crowd was chanting "Hey Ho, Lets go" at the same time. Uru didnt know the song or was to humble to sing ;)
    So he shouted "Hey ho, Let's Go" and then was 'seated' on stage by Ed :D
    He just sat there a bit out of the world smiling! It was so great to see. Then at the end he got up and danced around with Ed and they both jumped by the microphone. They hugged and he then left the stage probably the happiest man ever! He came back at the first row, kissed his girlie and was congratulated by us. I taped part of him being on stage, but did something really stupid: I taped it vertically :rolleyes:. I am now converting it and will put it online tomorrow!

I will mail you tomorrow Uru!!

Greetz, the Dutchie who spoke Spanish
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Ok, and now my view of it all.

FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!! Was standing in the rain for three hours, but was happy to be in front of the line. Didnt have 10c tix for this one unfortunately, but we were able to get to the front part. I stood on Stone's site on third row behind a gigantic German. The stage looked really small and was quite low and close. I already felt this was going to be special as it all seemed very small and had a great atmosphere. I loved the waves on the background btw!

During the support acts Eddie was sitting on our site next to the stage and we could clearly see him. He smiled at the public and saw Uru with his Ramones shirt on.
    When the gig started people started pushing hard to the front, but I was happy to hold on to my giant German who was really friendly. He allowed me to hang on to him during all the pushing and shoving and was quite unmovable himself :D DANKE SCHON!!!

Great fun in the pit and what a setlist...I am so happy I went!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed was clearly having fun. The crowd was wonderful, clapping, shouting, rocking, singing... just great!!
    I loved the low sound of "ohhhhhhh" the crowd made during the waiting and when this happened after Black as well Ed seemed moved by it!
    He told the crowd how good we were and really seemed amazed by it all.

So many great moments like Rats....congrats Sandra! Also the guy that was crowdsurfing and then catched Eds tambourine when he landed on his feet. Saw the little girl with the tambourine when we left too, she was sweet! Uru on stage was the best moment! Caught a Mike pic at the end too.

Chills through "I am Open"!
    Well, too much thoughts so I will let others fill in the gaps.

Just wanna say thanks to the band AND the crowd!! I NEED THIS BOOTLEG!

I am sooo happy I still have two gigs to go. This was a very hard to beat first gig for me in 2007!

Will be in the 10c line at Nijmegen woohoooooo!

p.s. Made some pics and vids that I will put online tomorrow!!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    targatarga Posts: 8
    I loved the low sound of "ohhhhhhh" the crowd made during the waiting and when this happened after Black as well Ed seemed moved by it!
    But the missed to start "the WAVE"...
  • Options
    London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
    holy fuckin fuck.
    that was the best show that i have been to , i know that sounds a big call but everything was right-must start by the biggest thanks to LONDON JAM for hooking us up with 10c tixs as we were second row on mikes side.set list blew my tiny mind-so many priceless moments ,to many to mention but if i was the dude that got taken on stage by ed to sing i believe in miricles i would have died on the spot the happiest man in the solar system

No worries man - glad u had a great time!

Dagnamit
  • Options
    NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    This was a special show. Personally, I rank it right with MSG II, Boston III, Berlin '06, and London '07.

First, the Ten Club organization was better than people have posted. The only problem is we were let into the arena later than normal. But it was nice that security brought people in by groups of three. That made it less of a race to find a spot.

I thought Interpol was a fantastic opening band. Up there with Wolfmother and Sleater-Kinney in my book. Futureheads were the first opener and were good too.

The concert was very similar to London in terms of the uniqueness of the setlist. But I think this one had a more somber, sensitive, reflective mood. Brain of J, In Hiding, Sad, Breath, I'm Open were definite highlights. I'll also remember Jeff going completely wild during Life Wasted, which was the first set closer.

I Believe in Miracles was cool because of the guy from Uruguay who was brought on stage. It was funny because Ed said the band had never been to Duesseldorf before, so he wanted to meet a local. Then it turns out the guy who was brought on stage was far from a local. But he seemed to enjoy himself and got to sing with Ed a little bit.

Ed also mentioned that Matt had played in Dresden, Germany with Soundgarden and made a funny joke that the set must have been dark (reference Dresden's history).

Regarding the mood of the show, Ed started crying during between Baba O'Riley and Yellow Ledbetter. He seemed to be really caught up in the response that the crowd gave the band all night. In general, his mood seemed to be really reflective and somber, which was reflected in the songs that were played. But his energy was still great.

The crowd seemed to be really good. Not sure if it was as good as London, since I couldn't see behind me. But the energy up front was good. And it was nice that people didn't seem to be pushing each other just to release aggression. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the music. It was great meeting even more nice Ten Club people, such as Krista, who was so friendly and helped to protect the little people in the front row from getting squished.

I took two videos that turned out pretty well. One is the Rats video that has already been mentioned elsewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdMsnWr52dc

I also have a video of Elderly Woman, which should show up on YouTube soon at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUn3iha19LY

After this show, I can't imagine how emotional Copenhagen will be. Ed did mention that for those people going to PJ's festival shows over the next few days, they should take care of each other. So perhaps getting close to the Copenhagen date is starting to hit home with the band. Either way, I hope the crowd in Copenhagen will give extra love back to the band. See you there!
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    I think all of us who were there yesterday should be really lucky. That was the best gig ever. The setlist was fantastic, eddie was in a very good mood and the crowd was incredible, to not release a bootleg would be a motherfucking SIN.

The show started with 300km per hours after the 6 first songs I thought I'll gonna die :D

They opened with sometimes, we had brain of, breath, not for you, believe in miracles ( Hey ho let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!),.... I really had the impression that the band enjoyed every minute, fuck, evey second they shared with us. I was so tired at the end of the show that I needed few minutes to sit down to breath again normally.

Did I heard right that even if the sound was shit we were better than London :D:D
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    Nickrand wrote:
    I also have a video of Elderly Woman, which should show up on YouTube soon at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUn3iha19LY

Oh, you had a senior position, really!

Edit: the crowd was surely in but a bit OUT of tone :-) (grin)
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    look i am an idiot when it comes to computers as i only just got a digital camara i am gonna try and upload my vid of ledbetter,may need help bare with me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    what a show!!

the organisation really was not that good...we missed the futureheads, but i don't know if this is that bad ;)...but we still got a good place...not at the floor but on the right side of the stage so we had a great view...

the setlist really was incredible...breath and a highspeed version of solat...rats, sad, not for you, i am mine, why go, in hiding...and a really good crowd (Black!)

the only thing that was not good was the sound...especially during the first songs...we hardly understood what song eddie was singing...but it got better at the end...and some guys from scotland told us that in london the sound was even worse...

can't think of something intelligent now...still pretty tired...because of the after show party ;)
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    that's so fucking weird, I was thinking about how awesome I'm Open would be fully live YESTERDAY probably about the time the show started.

O_O
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"