***Athens Fanviews Here 30/09/06***

Comments

• Ohh ..Smile &Footsteps!
  • NelsonNelson Posts: 1
    It's a funny feeling the one you have when a dream comes true... At first you feel kinda lost, disorientated, excitement and a strange sense of fear mixed in a most peculiar way. Then it starts, it's happening, you're caught up in it and there's no time to think, to rationalise and classify, you let go of all thought and you allow your feelings to dissolve in the brute force of the present taking place. Soon it's over, time has grinded yet another event, yet another dire expectation, all that's left is a memory, a memory of a dream. That magic dust that remains is the seed for other dreams to come... And thus turns the all powerfull Wheel of Life, offering a smile in exchange for a frown.

Thank you Eddie, Matt, Jeff, Stone and Mike
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Nelson wrote:
    [...]At first you feel kinda lost, disorientated, excitement and a strange sense of fear mixed in a most peculiar way. Then it starts, it's happening, you're caught up in it and there's no time to think, to rationalise and classify, you let go of all thought and you allow your feelings to dissolve in the brute force of the present taking place. Soon it's over, time has grinded yet another event, yet another dire expectation, all that's left is a memory, a memory of a dream. That magic dust that remains is the seed for other dreams to come... And thus turns the all powerfull Wheel of Life, offering a smile in exchange for a frown.

Thank you Eddie, Matt, Jeff, Stone and Mike

WOW, it's almost poetry!!!:) And so true...!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • pjgrpjgr Posts: 15
    My next dream is to make a good fammily.My other one was fulfilled at 30/09/2006 at OAKA stadium,Athens,Greece.
    I hope i see them again sometime soon.
    Pearl Jam, THANK YOU !!!
  • nalexnalex Posts: 1
    Indeed, its a strange feeling. I was 15 when i first heard them and for sure i never believed that i would ever see them in Greece. We all like bootlegs, dvds e.t.c. but singing Black along with ED was something special.Many thanks to the ones who brought them, they deserve it.
    All your reviews were great, nothing to add. Something that surprised me is that there were many teens in the gig. And this is the REAL power of the band.
    Also, i felt that the accoustic was exceptional. They all proved that they are great musicians and that Mike is at top 5.

We miss you already.....Thank you.
  • pjgrpjgr Posts: 15
    They appeared to be happy and healthy.God bless them to live and exist long enough to see them live with my kids one day.18-20 years from now are enough i guess!
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    bertan wrote:
    just wanna add, the feeling you get when mike mccready looks directly at your eyes and smiles is, one of the best feelings in the world :)
    Loved it, making it my signature!
    Ricsard wrote:
    WOW, it's almost poetry!!!:) And so true...!

Yeah! ... and sex!... really good sex! actually I haven't had such good sex...
    bertan wrote:
    could everyone please post every link possible for photos. doesn't matter if you took them or found the link from a website. (i would even like to see the one or two photos that local papers used). i would post a link for the photos my friend took as soon as i recieve them.

Well, my quoted poet - here are mine! :)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/einatshaul/
    V V wrote:
    that was very moving , brought tears to my eyes :)

I saw Stone laughing at somthing! that is so cool!! :) loved it! I love the PJ fans, so emotional...
  • bertanbertan Posts: 266
    einatshaul wrote:
    Loved it, making it my signature!

haha, thank you! i'm flattered :)
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Ricsard wrote:
    I don't think they (should) want/need to fit Y-O-U-R(!) taste/needs 'cos you might not be part of the majority who just manage to see them once or twice a tour!

C'mon man, have you ever thought about the fact they last played in Europe 6 years ago??? They played in not few cities and venues where had never before...so don't be surprised most people want them to play songs like Even Flow and as many classics as possible from TEN and VS. and all the other biggest hits and the band also know it...If songs like Betterman, Given To Fly, Rearviewmirror, Black, Life Wasted or Do The Evolution hadn't been played one night almost everybody felt their absence!!! And come on they played more than 100 different songs this year...eh?!
    AND C'MON, which other great old band does so different setlists like Pearl Jam??! or does 2 1/2 hour long shows??? Try to name one!
    People should stop complaining about setlists in this forum! Each show was special for most fans who was THERE - or at least this is what most reviews say. (It does not matter that actually I do feel the same...and by the way out of 3 shows I was they played 52 (!):D different songs with at least 8-9 different tags:D)

but here come the most important thoughts:
    I am glad Greek people finally got the show they hdeserved and did not forget about a really important but untrendy band! Wish you a next show as soon as possible!

89 in 15 shows I just counted...I'm not saying it's bad...I'd be mad...I know full well it's a LOT better than any other band/artist I know...it's also the reason why I'd never do that kind of thing for any other band/artist.

I'm just saying that, compare to what it was in previous tours, it's going down; the trend is worrying for the NEXT tour...it's all.

I'm glad for the great comments of the people who only saw them the once...it's fun...
    but I know the first time I saw them they could have played absolutly anything and I would have been happy :D

And I'm still happy..just never happy ;)

EDIT: OK, I'm talking out of my Ass (for a change :rolleyes: )
    Just looked at the tour stats at Pjbootstrading and they played more songs than in 2000...didn't feel that way (maybe because 8 of those where in Marseilles alone..or there and another I missed :()...if someone has a theory..
    So, Sorry...I'm going home (well, I'm already there..but back in the hole..)
  • Absolutelly amazing... dream that became true, i felt so emotional as pj took me years back i almost felt like crying, i believe that most of the crowd that saw pj for the first time felt the same way this saturday. especially the greek ppl because eddie spoke to our hurts in our native language. it was a shock for me i didnt expect it to have such an impact on my feelings. mixed emotions... happy, sad, i wont talk about sets, songs... i loved it anyway. pj rule!!!!!!
    thanx pj forever

hope keeps the soul inside the body yes it does...

my pics/vids will be available real soon i hope
    bertan wrote:
    haha, thank you! i'm flattered :)
    and it's sooo true :D
  • Let's just say, a piece was completed. Once the concert started, I went back 15 years, when I was a PJ freak! Since then I've been waiting to see them!

Thank you for coming PJ!!!!!

Favourite moment, "The Wall"!!!

I bet Eddie didn't expect us to know the song so well and continuing the words instead of just repeating!!!
  • rosporospo Posts: 3
    Everything's spinning in my head and memories take turns.
    We were here, we were together, we made love through your music.
    Trembling hands wiping my sweat, tears in my eyes, but not a single blink cause I don't want to miss a moment.
    15 Light Years have passed but you are finally here and it seems you've always been here...in front of you we become naked...we become one!
    We know you'll keep on rocking in the f....ing Bush world for all of us. You are all of us. Give us a sign and we will follow through, just be a darling and we will always be faithful to you.
    Why Go home? WE MISS YOU ALREADY..
  • .mc..mc. Posts: 4
    1996 istanbul to 2006 athens... i was waiting that nite for 10 years. i just stop waiting for them and get a train from istanbul to athens just for being near to them. i refulled the blood in my veins. i am just happy now. what a nite, what a setlist.... my heart was going to explode when eddie climbs to the lights. when they begin playin sad i feel we were the lucky fans who had a chance to listen that rarely played song. i was sweating and crying while we are singing betterman , elderly together... we re jumping, screamin ooo god what do you say? i just wanna live until meeting them again...

i just wanna add st. here, i dont like anything too much, pearl jam is the only meaningfull thing in my life... life has done for me to the next tour...
  • Hi I can clear all this up hopefully by saying I was at the show and before the guys went in to do their sound check eddie came over to me and a couple of israel fans and shook our hands!! I told him that i was form New Zealnd and he was stoked to see I was there to see them in athens!! I was pretty much front row directly in front of mike so i had our flag hanging over the front barrier when ed asked for all the flags!! So im stoked that he must of remembered meeting me before the show and thanked us for coming!!
    Still cant beleve i met him as well as him taking my flag,unbeliveble!! ''It's Hard to imagine''
  • AthinaAthina Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    ...not that I am too old, but to be expecting a concert from your childhood is more than a dream to come true. I hardly felt my heart beating when they came on the stage. I hardly continoue my life -with great effort-since I cannot concentrate on anything... All words cannot describe this concert. Just one: a m a z i n g !!!!

Thank you!
    Take care!
    Athina
    Post edited by Athina on
  • strikerstriker Posts: 11
    Athina wrote:
    I hardly continoue my life -with great effort-since I cannot concentrate on anything... All words cannot describe this concert. Just one: a m a z i n g !!!!

Me too... ([Greek] α ρε Pearl jam τι μας έκανες....[/Greek])
  • sitethsiteth Posts: 1
    even though 'some people' misinformed us about the showtime - we thought pearl jam would start at 9:30 but they started at 8! - and we missed almost the first 45 minutes of the concert it was still the best night ever!!!
    we were trying to find out where to get in from while pearl jam were playing pink floyd's education and once we got in they started wish list. I can't describe how I felt listening to it and just seeing Vedder down there - I was really high up but fortunatley could see them very well - giving his best!

I got in a trance during the show and still haven't recovered! I cried my lungs out with black!! it was just great! I thought they would have some arrogance in them but they were the most friendly band I've ever seen live! Vedder seemed so happy to be there and I guess the feelings were mutual from all of us there!! It felt like a big party and not a gig....I wish they could play all night!!!! I couldn't have enough of them but at the same time I am more satisfied than ever!!!

they are still ALIVE and kicking and still giving us great moments to remember in our whole lives!!!!

all my love to Pearl Jam!
  • Hey everyone!
    What a great experience!The setlist was awesome...Eddie couldn't have been better..Thank you for the RAMONES song!I love your voice Ed!!Thanks for this beautiful night!
    Other songs that i would like to hear live are IMMORTALITY and COME BACK...it's
    ok..come back next year!
    Ciao
  • TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 63
    V V wrote:
    that was very moving , brought tears to my eyes :)

really..??! i'm flattered.

i also have to mention that Ed at the closing part of Black sang"we DON'T belong together.."
    i cannot fully understand why not.

Stand by for photos and full "i am mine" video..
    A whisper through a megaphone
  • TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 63
    einatshaul wrote:
    Great review, you should post it on the already existant thread
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=217773

BTW sorry for getting the Bush mask, but at least you have yours

no prob... i finally got mine anyway!! you should thank Ed for throwing another! hehe..
    i hope you had a great time here.
    A whisper through a megaphone
  • goldstargoldstar Posts: 256
    i know i'm gonna get burned for this, and i don't know if anyone else has already pooped on this party, but...

it was a good show. in fact - it was a very good show. no doubt about that. i find it hard to believe these guys can put out a bad performance. however, i can't call it a great show. eddie was exhausted, and you could tell he was.

you can look at the songs they scratched off the setlist and see that those are pure "scream-your-ass-off-and-go-crazy" songs. i mean, come on - blood? lukin? if the setlist had been played as written - then yes - that would have been an absolutely incredible show.

but touring is tough, and it shows.

again - before you all start hitting me real hard - i definately had a good time. and getting miracles, wishlist and smile was spectacular. maybe i'm spoiled, maybe i was expecting too much, but i left the show feeling it was missing that tiny bit for it to reach greatness. that's all.

let the beatings begin...
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Amazing show, despite feeling a tad under the weather! Being away from the tour for over a week certainly made me appreciate the classics (betterman, e.flow, daughter etc.) Tried desperatly in vain for Ed to see my wash sign/t-shirt but he was ignoring me!!! During e.flow I watched him do a little robotics dance to olivia....it was sooo sweet! She was loving the show!!! :D Managed to find an EV pick on the floor before the show started. Ed must have thrown it during soundcheck-so im one lucky lass!! :D

Post tour blues have set in for the second time :( (wasnt planning on going to athens untill 4 days beforehand!!!)

Already saving the pennies for the next one! :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
    goldstar wrote:
    i know i'm gonna get burned for this, and i don't know if anyone else has already pooped on this party, but...

it was a good show. in fact - it was a very good show. no doubt about that. i find it hard to believe these guys can put out a bad performance. however, i can't call it a great show. eddie was exhausted, and you could tell he was.

you can look at the songs they scratched off the setlist and see that those are pure "scream-your-ass-off-and-go-crazy" songs. i mean, come on - blood? lukin? if the setlist had been played as written - then yes - that would have been an absolutely incredible show.

but touring is tough, and it shows.

again - before you all start hitting me real hard - i definately had a good time. and getting miracles, wishlist and smile was spectacular. maybe i'm spoiled, maybe i was expecting too much, but i left the show feeling it was missing that tiny bit for it to reach greatness. that's all.

let the beatings begin...
    agreed.. Ed was tired..he had enough...the others were game for more...Little Wing proved it
  • Ricsard wrote:
    AND C'MON, which other great old band does so different setlists like Pearl Jam??! or does 2 1/2 hour long shows??? Try to name one!

Rolling Stones
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Pegasus wrote:
    agreed.. Ed was tired..he had enough...the others were game for more...Little Wing proved it

Oh god yeah! I was thinking 'c'mon ed...go on...sing little wing.' Was dissapointed he didnt...but it was a great instrumental to end though!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*