Options

***Athens Fanviews Here 30/09/06***

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    wash_ wrote:
    Amazing show, despite feeling a tad under the weather!
    now THAT's an understatement!!
    Hope you're feeling better now (physically..we're all on Prozac by now I think!)

see you soon (I mean before next year UK tour ;))
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Pegasus wrote:
    now THAT's an understatement!!
    Hope you're feeling better now (physically..we're all on Prozac by now I think!)

see you soon (I mean before next year UK tour ;))

ahaahha!!! Yeah, feeling MUCH better now thanks!

Yeah, we certianly need something to control those shakes....PJ withdrawl aint good.

If that meet up is still going on you HAVE to go!!! It will be sooo good to meet up with everyone again and reminise!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    When I was a kid I had a dream: to see Pearl Jam perform live in Greece especially Alive, Jeremy and Porch.
    Two years later I added Go, Animal and Daughter.
    Three years later I added Betterman and Corduroy.
    Five years later ...

All those years I kept adding songs...
    Until the 30th of September 2006 when my (our) dream came true.
    I don't have much to say as I still (4 days after the show) can't express my feelings...

All I can say is...
    THANK YOU Pearl Jam for that incradible show, for a great version of "Sad" and for all the songs you 've made all those years. I know the best is yet to come...

PS: - Before the show Dimitris, Vangelis and I were discussing about the playlist: "Would be great to hear Sad tonight!", "Yeah and Miracles too!"...
    - Andy "SaveItForLater", thanks a lot for that 10c ticket man. See you in London next month.
    - Here you can find a full version of Footsteps (avi 640x480).
    http://rapidshare.de/files/35384626/Footsteps_-_Athens_2006.AVI
    Good quality, great song, love the harmonica. I'll soon upload more.
  • Options
    desertmandesertman Posts: 132
    LostRebel wrote:
    When I was a kid I had a dream: to see Pearl Jam perform live in Greece especially Alive, Jeremy and Porch.
    Five years later ...

I don't have much to say as I still (4 days after the show) can't express my feelings...

All I can say is...
    THANK YOU Pearl Jam for that incradible show, for a great version of "Sad" and for all the songs you 've made all those years. I know the best is yet to come...

PS: - Before the show Dimitris, Vangelis and I were discussing about the playlist: "Would be great to hear Sad tonight!", "Yeah and Miracles too!"...
    - Andy "SaveItForLater", thanks a lot for that 10c ticket man. See you in London next month.

yeah..we heard SAD....!!!!!!

great video man....

thanks for sharing... :D
    Marseille, Paris, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Zagreb, Athens....2006
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    LostRebel wrote:
    Five years later ...

All I can say is...

thanks a lot for the video, i hope you will upload more :D thanks again.
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    What an amazing show :)
    Right Next Door To Hell...
  • Options
    goldstar wrote:
    i know i'm gonna get burned for this, and i don't know if anyone else has already pooped on this party, but...

it was a good show. in fact - it was a very good show. no doubt about that. i find it hard to believe these guys can put out a bad performance. however, i can't call it a great show. eddie was exhausted, and you could tell he was.

you can look at the songs they scratched off the setlist and see that those are pure "scream-your-ass-off-and-go-crazy" songs. i mean, come on - blood? lukin? if the setlist had been played as written - then yes - that would have been an absolutely incredible show.

but touring is tough, and it shows.

again - before you all start hitting me real hard - i definately had a good time. and getting miracles, wishlist and smile was spectacular. maybe i'm spoiled, maybe i was expecting too much, but i left the show feeling it was missing that tiny bit for it to reach greatness. that's all.

let the beatings begin...

goldstar rulez...

i'm glad i met you... :)
    Marseille, Paris, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Zagreb, Athens....2006
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    strikerstriker Posts: 11
    goldstar wrote:
    you can look at the songs they scratched off the setlist and see that those are pure "scream-your-ass-off-and-go-crazy" songs. i mean, come on - blood? lukin? if the setlist had been played as written - then yes - that would have been an absolutely incredible show.

I can't say that i disagree with you... i too noticed when the concert ended that they didn't play any of the powerful crazy songs like evolution, blood, spin the black circle, lukin, comatose... but anyway it was a GREAT show, because it was my first!
  • Options
    OK, the bootleg from Zagreb is up.

ATHENS IS ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    LostRebel wrote:
    OK, the bootleg from Zagreb is up.

ATHENS IS ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

yeah! just can't wait. where are the athens photos btw? shouldn't they be up by now?

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    bertan wrote:
    yeah! just can't wait. where are the athens photos btw? shouldn't they be up by now?
    I think Kerenza is taking a deserved rest.
  • Options
    seattleseattle Posts: 31
    well , only now i got from athens .... actualy last night ... and i did not go to any interrnet cafe while i was there so ....

the show was great , it was my first one (hope not the last one) i stood at stone's side and he always smiled and us and it was so awsome although i wanted them to sing " state of love and trust " and "glorified g" .... it was so great to actually see them live like in reality ..... but i didn't have a camera so i couldn't take pictures .....well , to be continued , i guess , i am too tired by now and i need to install an antivirus to my computer , guess it has expired :)
    9/30/2006 athens greece OAKA sports hall , 3 more years married to eddie :)
  • Options
    seattle wrote:
    well , only now i got from athens .... actualy last night ... and i did not go to any interrnet cafe while i was there so ....

the show was great , it was my first one (hope not the last one) i stood at stone's side and he always smiled and us and it was so awsome although i wanted them to sing " state of love and trust " and "glorified g" .... it was so great to actually see them live like in reality ..... but i didn't have a camera so i couldn't take pictures .....well , to be continued , i guess , i am too tired by now and i need to install an antivirus to my computer , guess it has expired :)

From seattle??????
    And this was your first show???????????????????????????????????

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't believe it man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    myrtomyrto Posts: 7
    Here’s a video from the concert… the ending of Porch while Eddie was on the scaffold …. it’s not the best video u can get but hey, keeping the camera steady while being in the front rows and while everybody’s going crazy watching Eddie climbing on that scaffold, …well, it’s not the easiest thing in the world…. so forgive me… next time I promise to do a better job ;)

http://rapidshare.de/files/35570612/Pearl_Jam_in_Greece_-_Porch.AVI

‘njoy
    The smallest oceans still get big, big waves
  • Options
    myrto wrote:
    Here’s a video from the concert… the ending of Porch while Eddie was on the scaffold …. it’s not the best video u can get but hey, keeping the camera steady while being in the front rows and while everybody’s going crazy watching Eddie climbing on that scaffold, …well, it’s not the easiest thing in the world…. so forgive me… next time I promise to do a better job ;)

‘njoy

thanks for the video....

keep on rockin... :D
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    Not **yet** in seattle
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    Hi everyone!

I must say I am truly happy.
    This show was my first ever. the anticipation was worth every second of it, everything was great.
    I'd like to start with a huge thank you to Gitta, aussie girl and a couple of more people for keeping the lines organized and being very friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed very much recognizing familiar faces from the meeting the night before, every single person I met was very kind and nice.

The show was absolutely wonderful. I mean, after seeing the setlist with the songs that were crossed off, I was a bit disappointed, but finally decided to leave it behind, because the experience was so magnificent, and I was more than happy with the songs I got to hear live.
    I agree with goldstar - Itay- that Eddie seemed tired, and that's probably why they left immediately after the show was over.
    Smile was beautiful, footsteps was absolutely emotional and miracles was so hopeful, I really like that song.
    I teared up a few times (who am I kidding, I cried for almost the entire show) and was genuinely happy, to the point I had a hard time talking about the show and the whole experience a couple of days after.

I also want to thank the great Australian guy who watched my back for a while during the show - you rock!!
    Thank you to the Greek fans (especially Dimitris and Betty); Oscar and his charming friends for being so smiley and nice; Israeli people for being present, helpful and hopeful - I just wish someday we'll get a humble show in Israel.

I got no setlist, no pick, not tambourine, no harmonica, but I did get the chance to take part in such a wonderful experience. and for that, I thank you all.

please contact me: noa.who@gmail.com

take care,
    Noa.
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    ...it was the first time for us seeing PJ live. Us Greek fans were so hungry all these years for a PJ concert, we'd be ecstatic if the band showed up with ukaleles and steel drums! :)
    I think the setlist was perfect for a country that was seeing PJ live for the first time - all the hits, all the singalongs, all the great songs! You see, we haven't been jaded by watching the guys performing live for 7 or 9 or 12 times. And we're certainly hungry for some truly great bands to visit Greece for some WELL-ORGANIZED events (I'm emphasising that because ,as some of you may know, we keep getting promised shows that are finally cancelled, or fall victims to shitty organising - hell, back in '97 or '98 Afghan Whigs were booed off stage by a bunch of ignorant 15-year olds because the organizers of the festival had the brilliant idea of having them perform on the day Prodigy were headlining...).
    To sum things up, the evening was fantastic! The atmosphere was incredible, the guys were amazing on stage, the crowd was amazing, it was all we were expecting, worth every cent of the admission price and then some!
    A big SMILE for all the people that attended the show, and a big THANK YOU to PJ for the evening and for being there and making our lives better with their music all these years!
  • Options
    goldstargoldstar Posts: 256
    desertman wrote:
    goldstar rulez...

i'm glad i met you... :)

couldn't agree more... :)

glad to have met you as well my friend.

some pics:
    http://www.gfoto.com/UserAlbum.asp?uid=A291593FA95845B5950B0A1DAE4AFD32&alid=181438
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • Options
    no a wrote:
    Hi everyone!

I must say I am truly happy.
    This show was my first ever. the anticipation was worth every second of it, everything was great.
    I'd like to start with a huge thank you to Gitta, aussie girl and a couple of more people for keeping the lines organized and being very friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed very much recognizing familiar faces from the meeting the night before, every single person I met was very kind and nice.

The show was absolutely wonderful. I mean, after seeing the setlist with the songs that were crossed off, I was a bit disappointed, but finally decided to leave it behind me because the experience was so magnificent, and I was more than happy with the songs I got to hear live.
    I agree with goldstar - Itay- that Eddie seemed tired, and that's probably why they left immediately after the show was over.
    Smile was beautiful, footsteps was absolutely emotional and miracles was so hopeful, I really like that song.
    I teared up a few times (who am I kidding, I cried for almost the entire show) and was genuinely happy, to the point I had a hard time talking about the show and the whole experience after a couple of days.

I also want to thank the great Australian guy who watched my back for a while during the show - you rock!!
    Thank you to the Greek fans (especially Dimitris and Betty); Oscar and his charming friends for being so smiley and nice; Israeli people for being present, helpful and hopeful - I just wish someday we'll get a humble show in Israel.

I got no setlist, no pick, not tambourine, no harmonica, but I did get the chance to take part in such a wonderful experience. and for that, I thank you all.

please contact me: noa.who@gmail.com

take care,
    Noa.

ha ha liked your post..... yeh well it was awsome , i want to thank the nice greek guy who stood next to me and translated everything eddie said in greek (sorry i don't know your name) and to the guards that just kept giving me water all the time .... and i got a pick!!!!! i think i AM GOING TO FRAME IT!!!!!

maybe , who knows..... and i just don't know wht but when i saw them getting on stage i was like happy and my let shook but i didn't feel the way i thought i would .... i was happy but not like shaking and crying .. i thought that i will be like numb just thinking "oh my god oh my god eddie is 10 feet away from me " but i was not like it , i just enjoyed the show , didn't cry , didn't pass out , just happy ..... oh and i want to thank all the israelis in the amaryliss hotel , love you ..... (although the alley was pretty scary over there) ......
    anyways - seattle_wa94@yaho.com

love you .
  • Options
    myrto wrote:

‘njoy

Great video... what a moment...

-> goldstar: Great pictures pal

thanks everybody for sharing
  • Options
    goldstar wrote:
    couldn't agree more... :)

glad to have met you as well my friend.

some pics:
    http://www.gfoto.com/UserAlbum.asp?uid=A291593FA95845B5950B0A1DAE4AFD32&alid=181438

hey thanks for the photos! keep'em coming :D
    btw, you know the photo of 4 people posing with the setlist, i think the girl on the right was the one who showed me the setlist after the concert altough she was in a hurry. thanks for that as well :)

• Options
    did everyone get the same pick or stone gave different one's?
    i got a one with 2 dogs ..... and i could swear i saw it before....
  • Options
    seattle wrote:
    did everyone get the same pick or stone gave different one's?
    i got a one with 2 dogs ..... and i could swear i saw it before....

me and all of my friends got the yellow ones with mike mccready on one side and the palm tree on the other side.
    http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4373/img1261smallvm0.jpg

i think someone said they have the ev pick with the waves. which one is the one with the dogs, tft doesn't mention it. http://www.twofeetthick.com/articleread.do?id=247 could you post a picture?

• Options
    bertan wrote:
    me and all of my friends got the yellow ones with mike mccready on one side and the palm tree on the other side.
    http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4373/img1261smallvm0.jpg

i think someone said they have the ev pick with the waves. which one is the one with the dogs, tft doesn't mention it. http://www.twofeetthick.com/articleread.do?id=247 could you post a picture?
    the dogs one is Jeff's...got 1 :)
  • Options
    no i don't have this one and not the other one ... now i am not home , when i will be there i will show it to you .....

i think it's just a regular pick they bought at tower records ... ha ha :)
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    seattle wrote:
    no i don't have this one and not the other one ... now i am not home , when i will be there i will show it to you .....

i think it's just a regular pick they bought at tower records ... ha ha :)

Jeff designs his own picks so... no worries, what you have there is really really special and you should cherish it!

I just wanted to add thanks for all the excited reviews, I enjoyed them very much and reliving the night through them! Thanks to all the great people I met, love you always! next time in Israel, you have a place here!...

Oh yeah, and does anyone have the ENTIRE video of Insignificance?! I really really would love to have it, desertman sent me the first half of it - so I need the rest!
  • Options
    seattle wrote:
    ha ha liked your post..... yeh well it was awsome , i want to thank the nice greek guy who stood next to me and translated everything eddie said in greek (sorry i don't know your name) and to the guards that just kept giving me water all the time .... and i got a pick!!!!! i think i AM GOING TO FRAME IT!!!!!

maybe , who knows..... and i just don't know wht but when i saw them getting on stage i was like happy and my let shook but i didn't feel the way i thought i would .... i was happy but not like shaking and crying .. i thought that i will be like numb just thinking "oh my god oh my god eddie is 10 feet away from me " but i was not like it , i just enjoyed the show , didn't cry , didn't pass out , just happy ..... oh and i want to thank all the israelis in the amaryliss hotel , love you ..... (although the alley was pretty scary over there) ......
    anyways - seattle_wa94@yaho.com

love you .
    amarylliss?????
    if i beleive in god i could say ''oh my god''!!!! before visit athens/greece ask first where to go,where to sleep, where to eat!!
    by the way, it's almost a week and i'm still thinking of the show!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Jeff designs his own picks so... no worries, what you have there is really really special and you should cherish it!

I just wanted to add thanks for all the excited reviews, I enjoyed them very much and reliving the night through them! Thanks to all the great people I met, love you always! next time in Israel, you have a place here!...

Oh yeah, and does anyone have the ENTIRE video of Insignificance?! I really really would love to have it, desertman sent me the first half of it - so I need the rest!

why is it so special ? the one i have?
  • Options
    RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    seattle wrote:
    why is it so special ? the one i have?

My girlfriend managed to get a Jeff pick too at Athens (I managed a Mike one in a scramble on the floor!). I think the Jeff one is a bit special because of the design and the fact that he rarely hands them out, unlike Mike who at all the shows I've been to seems to throw out handfuls.........
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22