Options

***Athens Fanviews Here 30/09/06***

Comments

• Options
    desertmandesertman Posts: 132
    bootleg is up.... :D
    Marseille, Paris, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Zagreb, Athens....2006
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    seattleseattle Posts: 31
    RiffJam wrote:
    My girlfriend managed to get a Jeff pick too at Athens (I managed a Mike one in a scramble on the floor!). I think the Jeff one is a bit special because of the design and the fact that he rarely hands them out, unlike Mike who at all the shows I've been to seems to throw out handfuls.........

yeh but i still don't
    know why mine is special
    9/30/2006 athens greece OAKA sports hall , 3 more years married to eddie :)
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    desertman wrote:
    bootleg is up.... :D

this is the moment i've been waiting since mike ended little wing !
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    Just downloaded the bootleg and i can't leave home before i listen to the whoooooole show. That was a show that i was looking forward to attend since i was 13 years old. Well, guess it's never too late :D. As many mentioned i can't wipe the smile of my face since that GREAT DAY OF 30-SEP-2006 and wonder , why it took you so long.
    A big thanks to the greatest band in the world (at least for me), hope to see you again sometime. One hell of experience and certainly the best day of my life. I am so fucken happy yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahh.

You can check out this videos at you tube

1st I Belive in Miracles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm_OOmIEjjs

2nd Porch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmLjwVwBz4I

3rd an my favorite , you should first get a motion sickness pill (dramamin)
    but what the hell i managed to hold the camera :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX5dIpFZ_Qo

The waiting drove me mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cya
  • Options
    what's the difference between 9-30-06 ATHENS DISC 1.pdf and 9-30-06 ATHENS DISC 2.pdf ??

and i downloaded the whole show and it said there were 2 more files and re-downloaded go and porch. what was that about? i didn't listen the new ones because i'm listening through the show currently and don't wanna ruin it :) so i don't know if there's a difference.

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    yeh it was awsome to be there and i am so glad i got the oportunity to acctualy be in the first row ....... :))))))))))
    but i don't think it was so speacial - i meam - i wanted state of love and trust and glorified :(
  • Options
    rokulirokuli Posts: 12
    Pegasus wrote:
    Songs that were on the setlist but not played:
    Encore 1: Nothingman, Last Kiss, Lukin
    Encore 2:Bus$leaguer, Glorified G, Comatose, Give me No Lip, Blood, Leaving Here
    Songs not on the setlist that were played: Porch, I believe in Miracles

Undone rehearsed like 5 times but not even on the setlist??!?

Oh! Yes! I was there, in the front row, holding a "porch" sign and Ed clearly saw that. Maybe it was because of my sign that they played Porch!!!

Does anyone here have the actual setlist (complete w/ encores)?? I would LOVE to have a scan or photocopy of it just for my own colllection.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    rokuli wrote:
    Oh! Yes! I was there, in the front row, holding a "porch" sign and Ed clearly saw that. Maybe it was because of my sign that they played Porch!!!

Does anyone here have the actual setlist (complete w/ encores)?? I would LOVE to have a scan or photocopy of it just for my own colllection.
    if you were the guy next to me (in Stone's corner) then I'm pretty certain that it was played because of your sign (which I can't really thank you for since it meant losing something else I'd rather have heard :)).

EDIT: just saw your PM..I'll email you the scan later.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    bertan wrote:
    what's the difference between 9-30-06 ATHENS DISC 1.pdf and 9-30-06 ATHENS DISC 2.pdf ??

The pdf files are the artwork for your cds.. not songs. Titles Disc 1 and Disc 2 are self-explanatory.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    The pdf files are the artwork for your cds.. not songs. Titles Disc 1 and Disc 2 are self-explanatory.

i get that [rolls eyes] the thing is they are the exact same file, both are the front cover.

• Options
    bertan wrote:
    i get that [rolls eyes] the thing is they are the exact same file, both are the front cover.
    they're not covers..they're the artwork for the discs themselves. they are the same except one says Disc 1 and the other Disc 2 (I'm assuming, haven't downloaded Athens..but other shows are like that)

the CD case (cover and back) is in the other PDF: 10-30-06 ATHENS FRONT+BACK COVER
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    they're not covers..they're the artwork for the discs themselves. they are the same except one says Disc 1 and the other Disc 2 (I'm assuming, haven't downloaded Athens..but other shows are like that)

the CD case (cover and back) is in the other PDF: 10-30-06 ATHENS FRONT+BACK COVER

ok i didn't get that part before :) thank you

• Options
    Well, it's been a week since that soulful evening and I still can't forget it. I finished high school, I studied, I joined the army (here in Greece it's mandatory), I had relationships which broke up and in all these situations their songs accompanied me. I felt through their music, I spoke their lyrics, I became one of this huge fellowship even if I had never the chance to see them perform live. And finally the day that I was dreaming and waiting for to see PEARL JAM playing live in my country became reality... and it passed... but the feelings remained. So little words to express them...
    Just a big thank you to the band for making my life better...
    Thanks Eddie, Mike, Jeff, Stone, Matt, Boom...
  • Options
    After having seeing pj in lisbon (maybe the best european crowd)
    i was expecting us,the greek crowd,to sound very poor..After the
    first couple of songs i realized that the crowd was already on fire..
    15 years of waiting from both sides were over..we were hoping to get
    release as opener but "go" was the best altenative..After wws eddie
    talked to us in Greek and i was amazed by his long and well said greeks.
    Small town was sung by everyone in the venue and i felt so touched at
    the "HALLO" part.Daughter was another highlight for me as it was the
    a great crowd-band connection..

Among others Jeremy followed and everyone gone crazy..Ed for a moment
    touched his throat in order to tell us to help him with the singing..
    After jeremy betterman followed and we started singing it without ed's
    help.after singing the first chorus ed stopped and smiled obviously
    because he didn't except such reaction.another personal highlight was
    black and rvm because there was a great atmosphere in the room.i was
    told after the show that everyone in the venue during RVM were
    pumping up and down..i couldn't see that as i was in the 2nd row.

After IBIM ed came close to us and threw at my friend thanos (because
    of his ramone shirt) his bushmask but a girl from israel grabbed it.
    That was so sad and ed saw it and came again to throw a second one
    at my friend thanos.to make it sure he again kept telling "TO THE RAMONE
    GUY!)Lucky one but i cant complain.I got my second EV pick that night :)

Every single moment for me was great and i am so happy that my
    dream came true.I was so happy to hear from all the people after the
    show telling that the show was unbelievable..maybe we should begin
    a "COMEBACK TO GREECE" petition..:)

The only bad thing is the girl(s) who kept screaming through the
    whole concert and fucked up the whole bootleg.I think the 10c crew
    should have been more careful with the mixing..i cant stand listening
    to the boot.It's so sad..

Thank u all people who made this night come true...
  • Options
    theodore wrote:

the girl who kept screaming?
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    theodore wrote:

Hey, I think I recognize you from the 10C line.
    Well, I got a picture or two of Thanos my friend took at the meeting before the show, and I don't have his E-mail address, so I'd really appreciate it if I could have it. thanks.

besides that, I almost completely agree with what you have wrote, except for the bootleg part. I hate the screaming girls, but it still does'nt stop me from listening to it all the time. just listen to smile followed by the incredible IBIM, it's wonderful, I can't wait for the next show.
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    THIS IS IMPORTANT

please, if anyone has a full length recording of FOOTSTEPS, I'd really appreciate it if they could send it to me.
    I downloaded the official boot, and the girls screaming "eddie" and singing awfully throughout the entire song completely ruins it.
    This song means so much to me, so I'd be thankful to any person who will be willing to give me a decent recording.

thank you.
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Hey, I didn't steal the bush mask... anyhow, Mike threw me the setlist and some of you guys tore it from my hands! Whatever... as long as everyone got something and the Greeks got their long awaited show - that is all that matters. I'm really happy for you guys! You are all welcome over here if ever PJ decide to make the trip.
  • Options
    dusteddusted Posts: 5
    the greatest live experience of my life.everything was perfect.i have a lot of things to remember from this night.one of them is the guitar pick from mike.thanks to everyone make that possible ad of course pj. YOU RULE!!!!
  • Options
    pjgrpjgr Posts: 15
    it is true that the 2-3 girls ruined the bootleg experience.The mixers should shut their mouths on the bootleg.
    Always the bootlegs have/had bad mixing.The euro 2000 boots were terrible.You couldn't hear jeff at all!
  • Options
    pjgr wrote:
    it is true that the 2-3 girls ruined the bootleg experience.The mixers should shut their mouths on the bootleg.
    Always the bootlegs have/had bad mixing.The euro 2000 boots were terrible.You couldn't hear jeff at all!

i've never heard this kind of fuck up at a pj boot. can 10c do something about this and re-release it? i mean when mike starts playing little wing, that crow-like creature screams "mike" 11 times! (yes, i counted)

i feel bad about blaming the girls, you do scream a lot in a concert, that's normal. the ones who should be blamed are the people who placed the mics and did the mixing.

• Options
    bertan wrote:
    the ones who should be blamed are the people who placed the mics and did the mixing.
    Exactly, the mixing is awful.

Apart from that, I can see this bootleg as an amateur-bootleg where next to the taper are 2 screamers and enjoy myself listening to it! We've seen many bootlegs of that kind across the years :)
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    bertan wrote:
    i've never heard this kind of fuck up at a pj boot. can 10c do something about this and re-release it? i mean when mike starts playing little wing, that crow-like creature screams "mike" 11 times! (yes, i counted)

i feel bad about blaming the girls, you do scream a lot in a concert, that's normal. the ones who should be blamed are the people who placed the mics and did the mixing.
    you can blame the girls (I'm one...I scream...but only in between songs...there's a guy next to us in Zagreb I could have bashed...he kept on shouting EDDIE..MIKE..STONE.. all through Thin Air ..as we were in the middle you probably can't hear him on the boot..but we could).

The mikes are always in the same place (on the side)..and editing out the screamers means editing out the crowd..not!
  • Options
    how do i get the bootleg ? (i want to hear the screams :) )
    and please answer me about the picks - i got one with 2 dogs , whos pick is that!?
  • Options
    myrtomyrto Posts: 7
    pantelis79 wrote:
    Exactly, the mixing is awful.

Apart from that, I can see this bootleg as an amateur-bootleg where next to the taper are 2 screamers and enjoy myself listening to it! We've seen many bootlegs of that kind across the years :)

I take this as an ironic comment! How can you enjoy such a cacophony? These are not just dissonant screams, it's noise and it's more than annoying...
    What comforts me is that I didn't have the chance to hear them during the concert (that would have ruined everything!) and that I wasn't one of them (that would be so deadly embarassing!)....
    I feel pity for those standing close to them during the concert and hope PJ are experienced in ignoring such noise while performing.
    The smallest oceans still get big, big waves
  • Options
    iguanaiguana Posts: 6
    myrto wrote:
    I take this as an ironic comment! How can you enjoy such a cacophony? These are not just dissonant screams, it's noise and it's more than annoying...
    What comforts me is that I didn't have the chance to hear them during the concert (that would have ruined everything!) and that I wasn't one of them (that would be so deadly embarassing!)....
    I feel pity for those standing close to them during the concert and hope PJ are experienced in ignoring such noise while performing.

i think you are overreacting a little bit here guys...I agree the girl is dramatic :) but seriously you can only hear her in a couple of songs,footsteps and little wing , and maybe just between songs , all the rest i couldnt notice and really didnt bother me that much. I wasnt expecting much from these bootlegs and i only see it as a great reminder of the concert that i have been and enjoyed it this way.All these statements the girl ruined my experience , come on now.. Its PJ live !
  • Options
    iguana wrote:
    i think you are overreacting a little bit here guys...I agree the girl is dramatic :) but seriously you can only hear her in a couple of songs,footsteps and little wing , and maybe just between songs , all the rest i couldnt notice and really didnt bother me that much. I wasnt expecting much from these bootlegs and i only see it as a great reminder of the concert that i have been and enjoyed it this way.All these statements the girl ruined my experience , come on now.. Its PJ live !
    Exactly. You can listen to another bootleg if you don't like the girls. The songs sound almost the same every night. For me, it's just the bootleg of the show I attended. It's not the Holy Grail of live albums.
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    myrtomyrto Posts: 7
    maybe it's just my first reaction after listening to footsteps...the concert was amazing itself and listening to the bootleg brought this amazing concert emotion back, until i listened to footsteps ...that girl ruined the whole feeling... i must admit that now i'm starting to laugh with those screams... seems i've got over it ;)
    still, i feel so lucky that i wasn't standing close to that girl during the concert... seriously :D
    The smallest oceans still get big, big waves
  • Options
    kikakika Posts: 10
    I am sorry I didnt read all the posts that have been made here but I flew through the pages trying to read as much as possible...
    what can I say...
    It was amasing..it was all I wanted it to be and even more... thank you...
    I met a lot of rocking greeks and am so proud to be a part of it...thanks for the stories before the concert started while we were waiting outside, and for the look in your eyes...

Hund I was glad you and your brother were there, it was great! :) hope your flight back was ok

I had to have vacation after all this pj madness and work before that :) so thats why I am over a week late...but the memories are still fresh as if it was yesterday...

if anybody has links to newspapers/efimerides online that have pictures from that night I would be grateful for it

I ll see you all next time

THANK YOU PEARL JAM and 10C for all the amasing experiences this year

love
    yours
    ciao

ps: oh, and please guys, stop bitching about sounds screams and what not, Cmon! why isnt being there enough for you guys, does the boot have to be like a studio recording so that you can say you enjoyed it? I remember every song they played, yeah-surely blured cause its in my head, but thats enough for me, having the oportunity to download the concert is just the wonderful extra the band is giving us..enjoy it...!
    s agapw giati eisai wraia
    s agapw giati eisai esy
    kai agapw kai olo ton kosmo
    giati zeis kai esy mazi
  • Options
    I've been an avid PJ fan since the beginning. I've dreamed of seeing them live since then and finally got the chance to go to Athens just for the concert as many others did, with my friend Inge and expose myself to the incredible feeling of having them SO up in my face (second row on Mike's side next to Ben and his wife Debra from Reading and behind the "Ramones Guy"...GREAT PEOPLE!!) and in my veins.
    Thanks to the Greeks and all the other 10c members that made this experience so inconceivably rewarding. As for that "stupid smile" that so many others had after the concert, I'm still sporting mine...! I've been to my share of concerts and can honestly say that PEARL JAM in Athens totally blows away any other gig/show/concert I've been to. I can't wait until next year. I am HOOKED. My doors are open to all the good people I met while waiting in the 10c line before the concert. The long haried guy and his friend from Portugal, Martin and Karina, Ben and Debra and several others whom I can't remember their names, SORRY. It was great to see so many from Isreal made the trip.
    I took over 100 pictures and somee short videos so once I've sorted out the good ones, I'll put them out for the rest of you to enjoy.
    And they played PORCH. I was in absolute ecstasy. They rocked and they sure rocked me. Both Inge and I got Mike pics as well. BONUS! Cheers to the Italian girl in front of Inge who got Eddie's harmonica. She was moved... DEEPLY. That was great to see.
    Til' next time.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
    Life is not a destination, it is a journey.

Hold my hand
    walk beside me