Options

***Athens Fanviews Here 30/09/06***

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    seattle wrote:
    how do i get the bootleg ? (i want to hear the screams :) )
    and please answer me about the picks - i got one with 2 dogs , whos pick is that!?
    you buy them through the official website.

and the pick is one of Jeff's.
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    to answer a couple of posts:

1) of course the crowd shouldn't be edited out, but i've never witnessed an official pj bootleg where some individuals are so clearly heard. listen to betterman, the whole crowd is singing in the background, what's dominant is a group of girls singing. this is clearly different from other pj bootlegs and it's a clear error of mixing or set-up.

2) i'm NOT abondoning the bootleg. as a matter of fact i just can't stop listening to it. i enjoy the individual screams between songs, like the guys who chant "dirty frank" at philly 2003 boot, but this is a little too much. it won't make me stop listening to the boot, but sometimes there's a bitter smile on my face...

3) unfortunately yes, this is the holy grail of boots for me because it's my first ever pj concert that i dreamed about for years. so it's not "just another boot" for me. but i'm trying not to make a big deal about it, i'm sorry if it seems like i'm bitching a lot. imagening it as an old amateur bootleg is a good idea actually :)

p.s. i think you can even hear me scream at some point :D after sad, exactly around 3:26, i think (i'm not sure) i'm the first guy who screams "mike". hehe, no one is totally innocent :)
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    I was walking out of the metro station heading towards the Acropolis when I saw this newspaper lying on the floor. I picked it up of course.
    not that special, just a promotion photo and a few words about the upcoming show (i dont know greek so I'm guessing)...

"metro weekend" - 29/9-1/10

http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=metronewsuq5.jpg
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    myrtomyrto Posts: 7
    kika wrote:
    if anybody has links to newspapers/efimerides online that have pictures from that night I would be grateful for it

You can find a review+photos here (in Greek):
    http://www.avopolis.gr/live/default.asp?ID=742
    and an article (in Greek as well):
    http://www.avopolis.gr/theotherside/default.asp?ID=96
    another review:
    http://www.lostechoes.net/content/view/504/29
    (at the bottom of the page there's a link to the photos)

and don't forget the photos from the official site!
    The smallest oceans still get big, big waves
  • Options
    seattleseattle Posts: 31
    awsome
    9/30/2006 athens greece OAKA sports hall , 3 more years married to eddie :)
  • Options
    TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 63
    A whisper through a megaphone
  • Options
    Even though i m a big fan of the band eversince Ten was released 15 years ago and having originally heard Ed as a vocalist in the Temple of the dog record in that amazignly great duo with Cris Cornell this is my first ever post in the official PJ forums.

And if you ask why i just cant give a straight answer.I supose the main reason i do make this post is my way to express my deepest thanks to the band that finally made a dream of mine come true.To see them performing live.

I am a 28 year old guy who had been expecting for this show for 15 years...just a bit more than half my life.Even though i had bought bootlegs from previous tours and have listened the band play live on several shows there was this hole inside me that i would never see them with my very eyes.

Years passed by,the 13 year old kid who had bought ten became a grown up but i never stopped listening to the records PJ releashed and always was waiting for a new one with great eagerness.And back in my college days i can say that i have shared some of my most beautifull moments listening to this or that PJ song.

And as the song says ..."what the clock is to time" on September 30 2006 it all came true.As the consert was about to begin while listening to the "master/slave" introduction back from the days of Ten i just felt this shiver all over my body.I simply could not believe it was happening.

Go and Animal hit me then and i m already gone.Life waisted is next and i think i simply dont have any communication with this planet any more.I will not refer to the whole set list ofcourse but to some moments of the show where they were really intense for me and probably all those who attended the show.

I must admit that i could not help my self and simply cried out of joy when the band played Elderly woman.And as many have said Betterman was one of the best moments that night.My personal opinion is that the crowd could sing the whole song and i could only smile when i saw Ed just stare at us and laugh when we continued singing the second verse.When the old songs like Jeremy,Even flow,Rvm,Alive, were played i sensed the whole croud move,sing,smile and clap out of enthusiasm.

My personal highlight of the concert was Porch. I was at the front line of the side Mike was playing and when Ed came towards us i have this feeling that we met eye to eye.I just wish he didnt fake he d jump from the bars but would actually do it but hey...cant have it all :)

So i would simply want to resume this huge post to the following

Pearl Jam from the depths of my heart and as honestly as can be said Thank you for giving me this night of magic and making my dream come true.It has been by far the best concert i have been at.It may have taken a while but it was defenately worth it.
    Please do come back soon.WE ALREADY MISS YOU.

To the rest of you reading this thank you for baring with me and for your time.

P.S Next day i woke up i was trying to think when will i ever have such a great time in a concert.I said to my self probably on December 16 when Tool play in Athens.....only to shake my head....Naaaaaaaaaa.... :)
  • Options
    I've got a question for the ones who were at the front rows. There was a photographer lady at the pit where securtiy standed. There were couple of photographers but she's the one who stayed till the end, and at one point during concert Mike even posed to her (half-jokingly) and made cheesy solo faces. The ones at the front row and were close to mike must have seen this.

Does anyone know who she was? Was she Kerensa? How can i contact her? Because I believe she took some photos of me and my friends during rockin' in the free world and I would really love to see those. It would be a great memory. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks!

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    desertmandesertman Posts: 132
    bertan wrote:
    I've got a question for the ones who were at the front rows. There was a photographer lady at the pit where securtiy standed. There were couple of photographers but she's the one who stayed till the end, and at one point during concert Mike even posed to her (half-jokingly) and made cheesy solo faces. The ones at the front row and were close to mike must have seen this.

Does anyone know who she was? Was she Kerensa? How can i contact her? Because I believe she took some photos of me and my friends during rockin' in the free world and I would really love to see those. It would be a great memory. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks!

yep, that was Kerensa...

all you can do, is to send email to 10C...

and hope... :)
    Marseille, Paris, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Zagreb, Athens....2006
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    angros2 wrote:
    P.S Next day i woke up i was trying to think when will i ever have such a great time in a concert.I said to my self probably on December 16 when Tool play in Athens.....only to shake my head....Naaaaaaaaaa.... :)
    For me, it was the best concert of my life until now. And I saw Tool this year (June 6) in Germany :)
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    desertman wrote:
    yep, that was Kerensa...

all you can do, is to send email to 10C...

and hope... :)

thank you. i did that part just in case it's her, but there's no reply :(

• Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Hey, I didn't steal the bush mask... anyhow, Mike threw me the setlist and some of you guys tore it from my hands! Whatever... as long as everyone got something and the Greeks got their long awaited show - that is all that matters. I'm really happy for you guys! You are all welcome over here if ever PJ decide to make the trip.

the setlist was thrown at me after throwing my flag to mike..doesnt matter though..:)
    i got 2 ev picks
  • Options
    porchdude wrote:
    I've been an avid PJ fan since the beginning. I've dreamed of seeing them live since then and finally got the chance to go to Athens just for the concert as many others did, with my friend Inge and expose myself to the incredible feeling of having them SO up in my face (second row on Mike's side next to Ben and his wife Debra from Reading and behind the "Ramones Guy"...GREAT PEOPLE!!) and in my veins.
    Thanks to the Greeks and all the other 10c members that made this experience so inconceivably rewarding. As for that "stupid smile" that so many others had after the concert, I'm still sporting mine...! I've been to my share of concerts and can honestly say that PEARL JAM in Athens totally blows away any other gig/show/concert I've been to. I can't wait until next year. I am HOOKED. My doors are open to all the good people I met while waiting in the 10c line before the concert. The long haried guy and his friend from Portugal, Martin and Karina, Ben and Debra and several others whom I can't remember their names, SORRY. It was great to see so many from Isreal made the trip.
    I took over 100 pictures and somee short videos so once I've sorted out the good ones, I'll put them out for the rest of you to enjoy.
    And they played PORCH. I was in absolute ecstasy. They rocked and they sure rocked me. Both Inge and I got Mike pics as well. BONUS! Cheers to the Italian girl in front of Inge who got Eddie's harmonica. She was moved... DEEPLY. That was great to see.
    Til' next time.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.

did u accidently hit someone with your camera during the show?
    at his head? :)

in portugal we've been 3 guys ;p
  • Options
    kikakika Posts: 10
    myrto wrote:
    You can find a review+photos here (in Greek):
    http://www.avopolis.gr/live/default.asp?ID=742
    and an article (in Greek as well):
    http://www.avopolis.gr/theotherside/default.asp?ID=96
    another review:
    http://www.lostechoes.net/content/view/504/29
    (at the bottom of the page there's a link to the photos)

and don't forget the photos from the official site!

thanks

:)
    s agapw giati eisai wraia
    s agapw giati eisai esy
    kai agapw kai olo ton kosmo
    giati zeis kai esy mazi
  • Options
    theodore wrote:
    did u accidently hit someone with your camera during the show?
    at his head? :)

in portugal we've been 3 guys ;p

Yeah. I was holding my camera and couldn't get my arm down (..again) and the guy on my left accidentally knocked the camera out of my hand. I had the wristband on so it swung down and hit the guy on my right in the head. I tried to appologize a few times, but I'm not sure he heard me. The crowd was pretty wild at that moment and arms were everywhere.

If you know this person, please tell him I'm sorry. Of course I didn't mean it.
    Life is not a destination, it is a journey.

Hold my hand
    walk beside me
  • Options
    livy79livy79 Posts: 1
    they finally made it to athens...

it worth the waiting for sure

great show
  • Options
    Once is simply just NOT enough.....they have to come back again :)
  • Options
    So i have finally bought the bootleg.Unfortunately,this "Eddie*squeak* Eddie*squeak* Eddie *squeak*" screaming is
    annoying and pathetic.Hope those girls realised it was a Pearl Jam gig not EDDIE's solo tour or something. Fortunately,that's the only drawback.The rest is flawless and beautiful.Keep on rockin Pearl Jam!!!
    11/01/96 warsaw
    06/15/00 katowice
    06/16/00 katowice
    09/22/06 prague
    09/23/06 berlin
    09/25/06 vienna
    06/13/07 chorzow
  • Options
    iguanaiguana Posts: 6
    I cant stop listening to daughter , at some point the crowd starts going 'oh oh oh '' for along time and at one point some part of the crowd starts shouting ''hey hey'' at the same time , its like a symphony totally amazing!!Its just before ed starts shouting as well and then he starts singing another brick on the wall ,just after the first couple of words the crowd starts to sing again all the lyrics .I think ed was amazed by this as well and let the crowd do most of the singing. Totaly awsome moment , i was completely blown away..!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    iguana wrote:
    I cant stop listening to daughter , at some point the crowd starts going 'oh oh oh '' for along time and at one point some part of the crowd starts shouting ''hey hey'' at the same time , its like a symphony totally amazing!!Its just before ed starts shouting as well and then he starts singing another brick on the wall ,just after the first couple of words the crowd starts to sing again all the lyrics .I think ed was amazed by this as well and let the crowd do most of the singing. Totaly awsome moment , i was completely blown away..!
    forgot about that! yeah I was quite impressed too when the crowd took over Another Brick in the Wall..wasn't expecting it, had not happened elsewhere, not to that extend anyway.
  • Options
    I don't know if someone posted this before, but here's a short video including some great pictures from the concert and a little tiny bit of the meeting with Ed.
    It was shot by a couple of Israeli fans/film students (?), for a music website.

There's a little article there. after the bold part there's a short underlined sentence - click on it and watch the clip.

http://mooma.keshet-tv.com//Article.asp?GroupID=1913&itemID=72999&ArtistID=36
  • Options
    TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 63
    I don't know if it's mentioned before but Jeff's t-shirt had written on it in Greek in exact translation "Hope keeps the life in body" if you can say something like that in English..
    A whisper through a megaphone
  • Options
    seattleseattle Posts: 31
    no a wrote:
    I don't know if someone posted this before, but here's a short video including some great pictures from the concert and a little tiny bit of the meeting with Ed.
    It was shot by a couple of Israeli fans/film students (?), for a music website.

There's a little article there. after the bold part there's a short underlined sentence - click on it and watch the clip.

http://mooma.keshet-tv.com//Article.asp?GroupID=1913&itemID=72999&ArtistID=36

oh yeh saw it!
    awsome!!!
    9/30/2006 athens greece OAKA sports hall , 3 more years married to eddie :)
  • Options
    porchdude wrote:
    Yeah. I was holding my camera and couldn't get my arm down (..again) and the guy on my left accidentally knocked the camera out of my hand. I had the wristband on so it swung down and hit the guy on my right in the head. I tried to appologize a few times, but I'm not sure he heard me. The crowd was pretty wild at that moment and arms were everywhere.

If you know this person, please tell him I'm sorry. Of course I didn't mean it.

i was that person :D
    i got a small bleeding...
  • Options
    i ve been waiting for this show for 10 years.i am 23 years old and this band still excists and rockin'...please don t criticise the setlist...pj knew that we were expecting them to play here for so long,so they did what they believed was the best...and it was!what a great show,with great moments such betterman,jeremy,black,footsteps,even flow(spectacular),porch.it was the best show ever...please come back!from the very first song i couldn t believe what was happening...i lost the sence of time...it was what i expect.pearl jam live,here in greece.there are no words to describe the feeling..."i screamed my lungs out" in every song.i cried in jeremy... how many nights before i go to bed i was listening yellow ledbetter for goodnight and i was thinking maybe sometime i will hane the honor to hear it live ...that dream came true in 30-09-2006...

thank you,thank you,thank you, ed-mike-jeff-matt for being with me in my whole life...

respect...

jeremy spoke 15 years ago,but i heard him in 30-9-2006... come back
  • Options
    What about Stone? I think he was there too.. ;)
  • Options
    i am listening over and over again this live and i am almost losing my mind,you have right,i am stupid,ofcourse stone was here,i din t forget him,but i wrote this down very quiqly and...what i am saying ?this band means a lot to me , as i wwrote before they were with me in all my life...i grew up listening to their music...stone please forgive me...

i forgot stone,what can i say? i am a nothing man...

forgive me guys...

special thanks to stone,with the beautifull hat...
  • Options
    I'm sure everything's fine :)
  • Options
    like i said i am listening the bootleg from athens again and again and i realize that is a great feeling to see those guys live.everybody seem to be in a very good shape...its a piece of art... i know that ed said in an interview that now he has a family and he cannot do the things that he did before.but that show was full of energy,a band like pj plays in front of you and you feel like they know exactly what they are doing...they "got" you from yhe very first moment...the perfect anti-stars they seem so familiar,even though that was my first show...

i hope that we will see more of them... we need them
    THANKS
    RITFW...
  • Options
    mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Damn Lucky Greeks!!!
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli