• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2018
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The only thing more romantic than creating a poll in a girl's honor is the "why not, she's cute and fun" sentiment...like you're hitting on someone in an orphanage. 
    :lol: Good point.
    Sounds like you've known her for years S_C, and you've only gotten to the "cute and fun, why not?" stage... maybe she's not for you after all... :pensive:
    Maybe not. But she was open to watching A Nightmare on Elm Street. And at 34 and miserable -- THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

And yeah, I studied with her for two years. And after that we've kept in touch. She even tried to get me a job at her agency. So she's cool. 
    Wait, the two of you watched a movie alone? That s a date in my experience. 
    I go and see movies with guys all the time, and they're not dates. I just had a man over to my place on Friday night and we watched a movie there. He's a friend. Men and women can do stuff platonically. It's only a date if both parties know it's a date, lol.
    Hmmmm interesting. I would assume that would be a date. So spiritual, you watched a movie with this woman, why is it so hard to ask her out?  You need me to fly to Sweden to teach you how to talk to women? ;)
    Dates are romantic affairs. If there isn't any romance, it's just two friends hanging out. Don't you have any female friends?
    If he's solidly in the friend-zone as far as she is concerned, asking her out could end the friendship. I think that's probably where the concern is....
    I went to a movie with a friend in college. The next day she was telling everyone I was her boyfriend.
    I avoided her the rest of the semester.
    I probably should have handled that differently. 
    I had a girl, after one date, say "Goodnight, I love you" when I dropped her off.  The only thing I could think to say was "No." :lol:
    I had a girl once ask me (we had seen each other for a while, but a bit on/off) "Are we together now?" and my first reaction was to laugh. It just happend. I didn't think it was even in her head to be girlfriend/boyfriend with me.

We stopped seeing eachother after the laugh.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The only thing more romantic than creating a poll in a girl's honor is the "why not, she's cute and fun" sentiment...like you're hitting on someone in an orphanage. 
    Sounds like you've known her for years S_C, and you've only gotten to the "cute and fun, why not?" stage... maybe she's not for you after all... :pensive:
    Maybe not. But she was open to watching A Nightmare on Elm Street. And at 34 and miserable -- THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

And yeah, I studied with her for two years. And after that we've kept in touch. She even tried to get me a job at her agency. So she's cool. 
    I go and see movies with guys all the time, and they're not dates. I just had a man over to my place on Friday night and we watched a movie there. He's a friend. Men and women can do stuff platonically. It's only a date if both parties know it's a date, lol.
    Hmmmm interesting. I would assume that would be a date. So spiritual, you watched a movie with this woman, why is it so hard to ask her out?  You need me to fly to Sweden to teach you how to talk to women? ;)
    Dates are romantic affairs. If there isn't any romance, it's just two friends hanging out. Don't you have any female friends?
    If he's solidly in the friend-zone as far as she is concerned, asking her out could end the friendship. I think that's probably where the concern is....
    I went to a movie with a friend in college. The next day she was telling everyone I was her boyfriend.
    I had a girl, after one date, say "Goodnight, I love you" when I dropped her off.  The only thing I could think to say was "No." :lol:
    and now she is Mrs. Dyer?
    I gave up on a Mrs. Dyer years ago.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

You wanna be Mrs Spiritual_Chaos?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

You wanna be Mrs Spiritual_Chaos?
    Keep working on Agnes...
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

He doesn't know this, but that's how she signs all her legal documents. 
    I think she is married now. I know she has a kid.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well there's no accounting for psychos, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Allie if I told my wife I am going out for a drink or watch a movie with another woman I would probably be calling a divorce lawyer the next day lol. I am friendly with lots of woman at work but I d never meet up with them anywhere alone. That is a recipe for disaster!!
    People have friends of another gender...

You never had female buddies in like college or whatever?

Is it another US-Sweden cultural difference? ... hehe
    I understand mcgruff10, what he says makes sense to me. If I would go to the movies with one male friend it would be kind of strange towards your partner. It's different if it would be a group of people though.
    Agreed, hanging out in a group is very acceptable.  One on one,  yeah no way.
    Hell, me and my best friend, a man, go camping together for full weekends alone, and neither of our partners have ever minded, because they knew us and understood our friendship. We also went into the back country on a canoe trip for a week shortly before his wedding (I was his best woman in the ceremony!). His wife doesn't care because me and my best friend hooking up would be about equivalent to us fucking our sibling. :sick: Seriously, not every man and women who respect and like each other want to fuck each other. True friendship between men and women is indeed possible. However, I do agree it's not really the norm, just because too many people have a problem separating the opposite sex from the idea of actual sex. I just make sure my good male friends with whom I want to remain friends aren't those types of people, and I'm not either obviously.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Did you pay for everything at the movie?
    Nope, just for my ticket. And I put the arm rest down between us before we even sat.
    Wow. Guess you should've wrapped yourself up like a mummy in yellow Caution tape. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    No
    Hobbes said:
    You get any popcorn?

:lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yes
    Did you ask yet?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Did you pay for everything at the movie?
    Nope, just for my ticket. And I put the arm rest down between us before we even sat.
    Wow. Guess you should've wrapped yourself up like a mummy in yellow Caution tape. 
     That made me spit out my coffee. 
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Allie if I told my wife I am going out for a drink or watch a movie with another woman I would probably be calling a divorce lawyer the next day lol. I am friendly with lots of woman at work but I d never meet up with them anywhere alone. That is a recipe for disaster!!
    People have friends of another gender...

You never had female buddies in like college or whatever?

Is it another US-Sweden cultural difference? ... hehe
    I understand mcgruff10, what he says makes sense to me. If I would go to the movies with one male friend it would be kind of strange towards your partner. It's different if it would be a group of people though.
    Agreed, hanging out in a group is very acceptable.  One on one,  yeah no way.
    Hell, me and my best friend, a man, go camping together for full weekends alone, and neither of our partners have ever minded, because they knew us and understood our friendship. We also went into the back country on a canoe trip for a week shortly before his wedding (I was his best woman in the ceremony!). His wife doesn't care because me and my best friend hooking up would be about equivalent to us fucking our sibling. :sick: Seriously, not every man and women who respect and like each other want to fuck each other. True friendship between men and women is indeed possible. However, I do agree it's not really the norm, just because too many people have a problem separating the opposite sex from the idea of actual sex. I just make sure my good male friends with whom I want to remain friends aren't those types of people, and I'm not either obviously.
    Agree, I have female friends that I met through PJ and we quite often go to concerts together and catch up, as we have similar taste in music. My wife could not care less, as she knows what the friendship is about and that our relationship is rock solid.  For the first 1-2 years, my wife hadn't met them, but over the last few years we all catch up together now for dinners/drinks. I still go to concerts with them without my wife though, as she does not like all the music that I like (does like PJ though). 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I just read this whole thread. Damn entertaining. I have two questions/comments.

1. OP...did you ask her yet, or what? Rip the band aid off, dude.  

2. I couldn’t think of a funnier scenario than me telling my wife I’m gonna go catch a flick or have dinner one on one with another woman. And for the record, my wife is cool as shit and not jealous at all. That would just be weird. I had plenty of female friends growing up, in college, etc. that I would do stuff like this with. As a married man at age 37, couldn’t do it.  On that note, maybe I’ll start a poll to see if I should ask my wife if I can take another woman to dinner and a movie! :lol:
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yes
    bbiggs said:
    I just read this whole thread. Damn entertaining. I have two questions/comments.

2. I couldn’t think of a funnier scenario than me telling my wife I’m gonna go catch a flick or have dinner one on one with another woman. And for the record, my wife is cool as shit and not jealous at all. That would just be weird. I had plenty of female friends growing up, in college, etc. that I would do stuff like this with. As a married man at age 37, couldn’t do it.  On that note, maybe I’ll start a poll to see if I should ask my wife if I can take another woman to dinner and a movie! :lol:

Can't wait to see the choices we get and the results of the poll.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggs said:

1. I'll do it today...

2. But what if you had a close female friend, from before you met your wife? Would you just stop hanging out with this friend because of her gender?
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Yes
    It's better to regret something you've done than something you haven't.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    Pap said:
    It's better to regret something you've done than something you haven't.
    This ^^^
    Come on spiritual go for it. Worst case scenario she is a bit freaked. And you can laugh it off. Best  case..... wooop
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Yes
    bbiggs said:

1. I'll do it today...

2. But what if you had a close female friend, from before you met your wife? Would you just stop hanging out with this friend because of her gender?
    To answer your second question simply: yes.  I think you would have a different perspective if you ever get married.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Yes
    bbiggs said:

You met my wife briefly and I can tell you she is cool as hell.  We both have nothing to hide and trust each other completely.  I drag her all over the country to see pj and she is fine with it  and genuinely has a good time.  

However, I can not even fathom asking her, hey babe I'm going to get a drink after work with Jen and Mary.  Or, hey can you stay home with the kids so I can check a movie out with Melissa?  Yeah that shit would never fly.  

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    0mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

You met my wife briefly and I can tell you she is cool as hell.  We both have nothing to hide and trust each other completely.  I drag her all over the country to see pj and she is fine with it  and genuinely has a good time.  

However, I can not even fathom asking her, hey babe I'm going to get a drink after work with Jen and Mary.  Or, hey can you stay home with the kids so I can check a movie out with Melissa?  Yeah that shit would never fly.  

This..it would never fly at my house!!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Then maybe you need to talk about your trust issues in your couples therapy? :P

Hehe. 

(I get the concern)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

1. I'll do it today...

To answer your second question simply: yes.  I think you would have a different perspective if you ever get married.

... maybe i have been married :O

bbiggs said:

1. I'll do it today...

1.  Awesome!  Keep us posted!

2.  No, I wouldn’t abandon a friendship because of gender and my wife would be cool about it. I guess I just didn’t have any female friends I was that close with that we continued having dinners, going to movies, etc. this many years down the road. That’s kind of a shame, I suppose. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Exactly, dude. I totally get it. Whether it’s right or wrong can be debated, but that’s just the way it is. I actually started chuckling as I asked myself what my wife would say if I casually called her from work and said, “Hey babe, go ahead and feed the kids and eat without me tonight because I’m grabbing dinner and cocktails with Sally.”  
  • bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

1. I'll do it today...

1.  Awesome!  Keep us posted!

2.  No, I wouldn’t abandon a friendship because of gender and my wife would be cool about it. I guess I just didn’t have any female friends I was that close with that we continued having dinners, going to movies, etc. this many years down the road. That’s kind of a shame, I suppose. 
    GIRLS ROCK
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

1. I'll do it today...

Why? All of my male friends are married and it didn't change their perspective at all. And I was in a common law marriage, and that didn't change mine. :confused: I can't believe you'd ditch a good friend like that just because... what? Because you'd be worried you'd cheat on your wife with her? Or your wife would be worried about it? I don't think I get it. Obviously we're not talking about friends you want to screw, lol.
    I guess equality is farther away than I even thought!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

1. I'll do it today...

Why? All of my male friends are married and it didn't change their perspective at all. And I was in a common law marriage, and that didn't change mine. :confused: I can't believe you'd ditch a good friend like that just because... what? Because you'd be worried you'd cheat on your wife with her? Or your wife would be worried about it? I don't think I get it. Obviously we're not talking about friends you want to screw, lol.
    You can't remove jealousy from the equation. Some people don't have a problem and some have it. Some people are secure and some people are insecure, for whatever reason. But there is a balance ofc. You can't be a slave to your partners jealously, if it is a destructive force in the relationship.

And not being able to hang around friends of another gender gives me a bit of Mike Pence vibes. But I also get it, if jealously is a factor in the relationship.

Anywho, if a female friend would want to watch A Nightmare on Elm Street with ME, that is A-okey. Aint got no woman controlling me. 
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

1. I'll do it today...

You can't remove jealousy from the equation. Some people don't have a problem and some have it. Some people are secure and some people are insecure, for whatever reason. But there is a balance ofc. You can't be a slave to your partners jealously, if it is a destructive force in the relationship.

And not being able to hang around friends of another gender gives me a bit of Mike Pence vibes. But I also get it, if jealously is a factor in the relationship.

Anywho, if a female friend would want to watch A Nightmare on Elm Street with ME, that is A-okey. Aint got no woman controlling me. 
    It isn't a jealous issue at all, but in my relationship there is no point to have friends like that of the opposite gender.  In my relationship we do things like going to the movies with each other.  I could get a beer or go snowboarding with my buddies (all male) but I wouldn't ever do something like that with the opposite sex.  Hey it works for me, I couldn't be happier in my relationship.  To each their own.  
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

1. I'll do it today...

It isn't a jealous issue at all, but in my relationship there is no point to have friends like that of the opposite gender.  In my relationship we do things like going to the movies with each other.  I could get a beer or go snowboarding with my buddies (all male) but I wouldn't ever do something like that with the opposite sex.  Hey it works for me, I couldn't be happier in my relationship.  To each their own.  
    So, what is the issue if not being jealous or insecure? Or some religious dogma?

lay down on the couch mcgruff, lets dissect this.