Inuk father faces online backlash after sharing photo of beluga harvest

12346»

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The article also stated that pigs and chicken aren't on this earth but a mere few months as well...

I have no problem with inuk conducting seal hunts ... I believe its in their treaties with the government ... like the government really honours there treaties...but they do have treaty rights.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    The article also stated that pigs and chicken aren't on this earth but a mere few months as well...

I have no problem with inuk conducting seal hunts ... I believe its in their treaties with the government ... like the government really honours there treaties...but they do have treaty rights.
    I think there is a big difference between domestic livestock and wild animals though. In any case, no matter the industry, when inhumane slaughtering practices are being used, it's all bad.
    Of course, it's not just Inuk conducting seal hunts. If it were, it wouldn't be so controversial. Anyway, again, that headline to that article stinks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    The pilot whale.  Gentle, sensitive, intelligent.  People still kill these and claim they need to for survival?  I call bullshit.

Some of the same people who are down with the idea of killing these beautiful, innocent creatures argue adamantly against executing child murderers and the like.
    I don't see the connection. Being anti-DP and being pro-whaling involve completely different reasons and facts and motives.
    (obviously I'm anti-both, but my being against the whaling has literally nothing to do with being anti-DP. There isn't a single overlapping principle involved in my reasoning)
    Other than one is picking and choosing the conditions where death is acceptable.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    The pilot whale.  Gentle, sensitive, intelligent.  People still kill these and claim they need to for survival?  I call bullshit.

Some of the same people who are down with the idea of killing these beautiful, innocent creatures argue adamantly against executing child murderers and the like.
    I don't see the connection. Being anti-DP and being pro-whaling involve completely different reasons and facts and motives.
    (obviously I'm anti-both, but my being against the whaling has literally nothing to do with being anti-DP. There isn't a single overlapping principle involved in my reasoning)
    Other than one is picking and choosing the conditions where death is acceptable.
    No, not really. Not when whale slaughters involve the food chain. That alone makes the two issues completely separate. But also because anti-DP positions has little to nothing to do with the nature of one's death.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata