PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Went to sleep after Tommy Hunter somehow mowed down Betts, Benetendi and Martinez.  Woke up at 2:30 to a crying baby and checked the score.  Boo.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Nola is so good. Deserved better last night. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    this is probably a bit over the top but he reminds me of Greg Maddux.  his command is that good. His demeanor on the mound is so calm too.  he is fun to watch.
    I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

Think I used this one before, but recycling is good for the environment.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Wilson Ramos, eh, possibly? If they don't give up much, yes please.

OR can anyone believe what Tampa gave up for Pham? I don't understand that. Maybe Wilson and Pham are coming? Now that would be a deal.
    PTBNL. It shouldn't be much (I hope) since it's purely a rental. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Wilson Ramos, eh, possibly? If they don't give up much, yes please.

OR can anyone believe what Tampa gave up for Pham? I don't understand that. Maybe Wilson and Pham are coming? Now that would be a deal.
    couldn't hurt us so guess it's a good pick up for us.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    So basically we end up with three guys who can help for, basically, Kilome, some love level prospects and some cash?

Not too bad. 

Now get out of this slump already. Go. Phils. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    That’s why they signed Arrieta. Gutsy performance. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Nice win, heading to Friday nights game.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Yeah, boys 
    Yeah, boys 

Just because your kid is, rightfully, growing up a Phils fan doesn't mean you can be either.

Beat it!

chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah, boys 

Just because your kid is, rightfully, growing up a Phils fan doesn't mean you can be either.

Beat it!

Only 2 days.  And 2 more coming up in a few weeks.

I want the Phillies to do well at this point here. This city is more fun and I love going to games. But no, not a "fan" 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    so this guy ran down 13 rows to the railing to yell at a player?  yea i don't see a problem with him being tossed.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Weak sauce.  I have been to a dozen Phillies games where someone within a few rows of me shouted obsceneties throughout the game.  Kapler is a puss if this is true.  (One who suntans his balls.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Weak sauce.  I have been to a dozen Phillies games where someone within a few rows of me shouted obsceneties throughout the game.  Kapler is a puss if this is true.  (One who suntans his balls.)
    If Kapler had him tossed I agree it's weak...but you can't run down 13 rows to the rail. security should not let you do that.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    pjhawks said:
    If Kapler had him tossed I agree it's weak...but you can't run down 13 rows to the rail. security should not let you do that.
    You shouldn't be able to scream obsceneties.  I have been to more games at Fenway then at CB
      - both places are chock full of drunken poor behavior.  
    We used to install and maintain charging stations at Fenway and every other stadium in MLB.  Fenway had easily 5x the issues vs any other stadium. Fans are animals and would damage the tables on purpose all of the time.
    Not saying g you are wrong...just that it is a weak thing to toss someone for.  
    pjhawks said:
    You shouldn't be able to scream obsceneties.  I have been to more games at Fenway then at CB
    We used to install and maintain charging stations at Fenway and every other stadium in MLB.  Fenway had easily 5x the issues vs any other stadium. Fans are animals and would damage the tables on purpose all of the time.
    He didn't yell an obscenity though.  Just told him to wake up.  Don't think he deserved to get thrown out or anything.  There's been much worse said to players than that.

Should win at least 3 against the Marlins I hope. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    pjhawks said:
    He didn't yell an obscenity though.  Just told him to wake up.  Don't think he deserved to get thrown out or anything.  There's been much worse said to players than that.

Yeah, I know...was talking about the habits regularly on display at both Fenway and Citizens Bank
    No way this guy deserved to get tossed out.
    pjhawks said:

he ran down 13 rows to the rail by the field to yell at the players according to the story. that's not acceptable behavior.   not something Kapler should be concerned about but not just about him yelling at a player either.
    BOOM
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I saw that coming. Barraclough has sucked his last few outings. 
    I miss igotid88
    I don't know how they keep doing it. Man this team struggles to hit then bam. Might be time to move Franco closer to Hoskins in the lineup. They're the only 2 consistently hitting.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    I don't know how they keep doing it. Man this team struggles to hit then bam. Might be time to move Franco closer to Hoskins in the lineup. They're the only 2 consistently hitting.
    I know, man, it's crazy. Outside of Hoskins this lineup is not in the least bit intimidating, yet the pitching keeps them hanging around long enough for someone to make a difference.

I like that Kapler's making Maikel earn it, but, yeah, I'd say he'd benefit from hitting behind Hoskins.

And then trade Franco and Herrera in the offseason while their value is at their peak!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Awesome win last night!

So I have an extra 10C seat to Fenway Park night 1. Wanted to offer it up to Philly people first. PM me if interested.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    good win.  Looking forward to seeing Victorino tonight.  What a great dude.
    pjhawks said:
    good win.  Looking forward to seeing Victorino tonight.  What a great dude.
    same here. I remember driving home from work when he hit that slam of CC.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer