*** London, UK Fanviews Here 7/17/18 ***

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    ^^^I made a complaint  as I agree they were over aggressive for no reason. At all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    Olivavu said:
    js261067 said:
    It was an amazing show and highlighted just how bad Ed was at London 1.  Leagues apart.

Highlight was RVM,  the energy on stage and in the crowd,  especially with moving the crowd back,  was magical.
    He still sounded good at the first London show. He just chose his moments to let the crowd take over.
    Absolutely agree. A song like Off he Goes was absolutely brilliant, for example. 
    rustedsigns

pdalowsky said:
    As a guy on my own, having failed to help out Robs family, I was able to deal with the crowd although I would say its the most manic PJ crowd Ive been in, narrowly more intense then the crowd in Berlin 14. The energy down the front was crazy, the excitement could be felt, and outside the usual idiots, there was a good community feel amoungst those around me. 

As for the show, it was nothing short of SENSATIONAL. I drove the 4 hour drive home last night, not feeling any post tour blues, buzzing the whole way, with vivid memories of yet another special show. I already cant wait for the next tour. So many highlights, the combination of London 1 and London 2 - made these a pair of shows that were beyond my wildest dreams. Sometimes things work out perfectly, this wasnt meant to be the tour finale, but having ended up that way - it was a fitting one, they brought it last night - they brought it in spectacular fashion. 
    Geez Paul and I thought Manchester 2012 was hectic! Unfortunately you will always get the downright rude and inconsiderate.  In Brisbane in 2009 there was a group of about 6 idiots who were constantly bumping into me and my sister so much so that I had to stand really firmly otherwise they would knock me completely off my feet. It went on for virtually the whole show. My cousin who is normally a real gentlemen was about to lose it completely with them. Only the band on fire saved the day for me. The rest of the crowd as far as my eyes could see were completely well-behaved. 

Wonderful feedback on the show Paul. Terribly unfortunate for me who had to come back home after the cancellation but so happy for all of you who were there. 

I know what last night would have been like if you say they brought it big time. 

rustedsigns
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Seeing them come back on AGAIN to rip into Watchtower is unforgettable, and I just saw it on video! Thanks Sea for the views and I hope everyone had a great makeup show. I hope those of you who were gonna go but couldn't make the make-up date can come see a show in the States with us!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
    Will have to get this boot for sure...
    rustedsigns
  • CB254133 said:
    Except for my first PJ show, this was my absolute favorite and I can’t wait for the bootleg! I am so glad I travelled back to London again from Sweden to see this show, that got cancelled in June. 

I stood with some great people. I have learned to avoid anybody who is super tall, super drunk or just seem to be a troublemaker. As a woman I try to stand with other women and friendly gentlemen and the great people around me made this show something special. When everyone is there for the music, it feels special. Only good energy around!

The band sounded fantastic and they played for 3 hours as it was their last show this Euro tour. Eddie was in great shape and amused us with his lovely sense of humor again and again. 

They ended with Yellow Ledbetter and people started walking out after that, but then PJ changed their minds and ran back on stage for an extra song and everyone rushed back towards the stage ... lol. This was a night that I didn’t want to end.
    Agree, as a women in the pit I’m always careful where I stand, mainly to avoid the super tall people who always seem to stand near me LOL
    Mainly Lovely people around where I was who kept an eye out for me and my pal - good times 
    Yorkshire Lass, 
    Are you the girl from Leeds who was on the rail with your Scottish friend? If so hat’s off to you both, I was directly behind you and was massively impressed with your attitude and understanding that I wasn’t solely responsible for the crush and that he had something to do with the crowd behind me pushing forward.  You made a great concert even better by not arguing and getting annoyed with all those around you through no fault of their own.

lastexitlondon, Rob, was absolutely gutted for you mate when I saw your girls go over the barrier. We had had a good chat in the line and I know how much you were all looking forward to the gig and how much time you put into queueing.  A real pleasure to meet you and yours and it would be a real shame not to see you at future concerts.
    Think possibly another Leeds lass, I wasn’t lucky enough to be on the rail, but a bit further back. But some nice Scottish guys did help us out and kept an eye on us!
    We are all worms. But I believe that I am a glow-worm - Churchill
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    CB254133 said:
    Except for my first PJ show, this was my absolute favorite and I can’t wait for the bootleg! I am so glad I travelled back to London again from Sweden to see this show, that got cancelled in June. 

I stood with some great people. I have learned to avoid anybody who is super tall, super drunk or just seem to be a troublemaker. As a woman I try to stand with other women and friendly gentlemen and the great people around me made this show something special. When everyone is there for the music, it feels special. Only good energy around!

The band sounded fantastic and they played for 3 hours as it was their last show this Euro tour. Eddie was in great shape and amused us with his lovely sense of humor again and again. 

They ended with Yellow Ledbetter and people started walking out after that, but then PJ changed their minds and ran back on stage for an extra song and everyone rushed back towards the stage ... lol. This was a night that I didn’t want to end.
    Agree, as a women in the pit I’m always careful where I stand, mainly to avoid the super tall people who always seem to stand near me LOL
    Mainly Lovely people around where I was who kept an eye out for me and my pal - good times 
    Yorkshire Lass, 
    Are you the girl from Leeds who was on the rail with your Scottish friend? If so hat’s off to you both, I was directly behind you and was massively impressed with your attitude and understanding that I wasn’t solely responsible for the crush and that he had something to do with the crowd behind me pushing forward.  You made a great concert even better by not arguing and getting annoyed with all those around you through no fault of their own.

lastexitlondon, Rob, was absolutely gutted for you mate when I saw your girls go over the barrier. We had had a good chat in the line and I know how much you were all looking forward to the gig and how much time you put into queueing.  A real pleasure to meet you and yours and it would be a real shame not to see you at future concerts.
    Think possibly another Leeds lass, I wasn’t lucky enough to be on the rail, but a bit further back. But some nice Scottish guys did help us out and kept an eye on us!
    Must be Danni referred to here, who had me wedged behind her for the best part of two hours sweating on her back. Poor woman 
  • Max_RanMax_Ran Posts: 8
    5th show for me and my 13 yr old daughter's (La) first Pearl Jam show. Tenclub tickets were great - block 112 row N - Stone side with a great view of stage and the GA crowd/ rail.  What a show - set list was epic!! Had a feeling when it was re-scheduled as the last night of the euro tour that they would really go for it and they did. Highlights for me - Breath, Satan's Bed, Oceans and I Won't Back Down. Ed hugging the fans at the end was cool - seeing the longtime fans at the rail just saying "thank you" was emotional, particularly the bald guy in the arsenal tee - wow - your reaction really tugged at the heartstrings my friend! Missed Watchtower as La was getting tired and I didn't expect a third encore. I've read the comments about the GA crowd and agree there were some idiots in there - it's sad that so few can spoil it for many. We were sat next to and chatted to a lovely couple from Devon, whose son was in the crowd - they had the wrong seats (how?) and moved before PJ took the stage but during the show I couldn't help but keep looking out into the crowd, wondering and hoping that their lad was ok? For me, second best to MK for songs, and equal to Leeds '14 for songs. However, La loved it and that makes it a special evening for me. Looking forward to the next tour....
    18/08/2009 - London
    20/06/2012 - Manchester
    31/07/2012 - EV Solo - London 2
    08/07/2014 - Leeds
    11/07/2014 - Milton Keynes
    17/07/2018 - London 2
    08/07/2022 - London 1
  • OZZYUKOZZYUK UK Posts: 1
    What a way to end the European Tour! Managed to get to five shows, which we're really happy about. Such an awesome set list (I was really hoping they'd play Gremmie Out Of Control, I'm still longing for the day I hear this live!). The whole band was on point and Ed seemed in such a good place, cracking jokes and nearly blinding Stone with candles! Crazy Mary sounded so good and you could just tell that they really didn't want the gig to end. The kid a couple of rows ahead of us on Stone's side had a tamborine thrown specifically to him by Ed and they joy on his and his dad's face was amazing. Those moments are just so awesome to see! Can't wait for the next tour.
    London June 18, 2007
    London August 18, 2009
    Manchester June 20, 2012
    Manchester June 21, 2012
    Amsterdam June 17, 2014
    Berlin June 26, 2014
    Leeds July 8, 2014
    London 18 June, 2018
    Krakow July 3, 2018
    Berlin July 5, 2018
    Barcelona July 10, 2018
    London July 18, 2018
  • GloriousGlorious Posts: 26
    We left our family holiday to come down to London for this, and as it was my son’s first PJ gig it was v special. He’s 15 and been gigging with me since he was 8, but PJ were on his list of must see bands and they didn’t disappoint. As usual, made new friends before the gig and caught up with a good friend as well, they all took my son under their wings and even looked out for him during the show when we split up. We were about 20 back on Stone’s side where there were no idiots or anything. Really nice crowd where we were. A few times a stream of 4 or 5 pushed forward but they made it past us and we carried on enjoying ourselves. At 6 foot 3 I always have a look behind me to check I’m not blocking anyone, and sure enough there were a few shorter  ladies behind me so I obviously moved back so they could move forward a bit. Took some pictures for them too :)

Everything about the setlist has been said already - just amazing. We stayed right to the end and there was a guy mouthing off to a woman with a tambourine just off the rail on Stone’s side, after the band finally left the stage. Think they were both Italian? He was clearly p*ssed off and she seemed shocked - Security actually stepped in and sent him away. Sad to see. I told her not to worry about him and enjoy the rest of her night but I’m not sure she understood me lol. 

Now rejoined my family on holiday and enjoying all the tags/stories/pics on FB. Until next time... :)
  • KJ169825KJ169825 Posts: 6
    Glorious said:
    We left our family holiday to come down to London for this, and as it was my son’s first PJ gig it was v special. He’s 15 and been gigging with me since he was 8, but PJ were on his list of must see bands and they didn’t disappoint. As usual, made new friends before the gig and caught up with a good friend as well, they all took my son under their wings and even looked out for him during the show when we split up. We were about 20 back on Stone’s side where there were no idiots or anything. Really nice crowd where we were. A few times a stream of 4 or 5 pushed forward but they made it past us and we carried on enjoying ourselves. At 6 foot 3 I always have a look behind me to check I’m not blocking anyone, and sure enough there were a few shorter  ladies behind me so I obviously moved back so they could move forward a bit. Took some pictures for them too :)

Everything about the setlist has been said already - just amazing. We stayed right to the end and there was a guy mouthing off to a woman with a tambourine just off the rail on Stone’s side, after the band finally left the stage. Think they were both Italian? He was clearly p*ssed off and she seemed shocked - Security actually stepped in and sent him away. Sad to see. I told her not to worry about him and enjoy the rest of her night but I’m not sure she understood me lol. 

Now rejoined my family on holiday and enjoying all the tags/stories/pics on FB. Until next time... :)

It’s so lovely that you were worried about the women behind you.

I was 3 rows back from Mike & absolutely loved it even though I am vertically challenged! I find that being a bit squashed is easier than being static behind Gandalf the whole time & adds to the atmosphere. At least I can see over peoples shoulders that way. It’s such a shame that it came at a cost to lastexitlondon and her family. The security were awful - someone not far from us on the second row was smoking the whole way through & the security were closer to them than we were but did nothing. Mike appeared to be the only person looking out for the welfare of the crowd in front of him!

I only went to both London shows but it was noticeable how different this crowd was than all the previous UK PJ gigs I’ve been too. So many men trying to push up to the front rather than just enjoy the gig. Myself & my friend who’s even shorter looked out for each other & were fine but the people surrounding us couldn’t care less as long as they could get closer to the front. It’s so selfish & dangerous.

I hope when PJ play the UK again they give the O2 a miss and play where the security inside the arena know what they’re doing.

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136

So, last night was my 8th show of this tour and what a show it was. 

I loved it! Great set, lots of energy and enthusiasm in the room. I got to spend time and share a show with friends I met through these forums in 2009. Always good to have a shared experience. 

We were Mike’s side of sound engineering which is a favoured spot. We had space, we danced, sang, smiled and we had good sound. I don’t think we were a pocket, people around us seem to be having the same experience. 

We all left smiling and happy, especially after seeing the sneaky Watchtower performance. We also got our tickets back from a lady handing them out at the back of the room (I don’t understand them taking them either, instead of letting you keep the paper ticket you can keep/recycle they take them off you and give you a single use mixed plastic wristband). 

On the security, we were surprised at how lackadaisical they were when we went in. We were at 10C entrance and they were more concerned with the plastic wristband than our bags etc. I was also a tad annoyed that they seemed to not keep clear the route to the disabled platform causing some issues.

So aside from my experience of the show referencing other comments in this thread. I have to be honest and say the queuing and being in the first few rows is not, for me, what a gig is about. Thus the pit is not somewhere I regularly frequent. (I have done in the past for gigs but it is a rare occurrence now).

However, I know for others it is and we are all different so it’s upsetting that not everyone had as good as experience as me. Last night it did look tight down there from the overhead shots on the screens. So much so that actually the three steps back thing didn’t really make it to us as all the pressure was further forward. It is very sad to hear that some people were not respectful of others. I really hope that no one was seriously hurt, nor that the experience impacts on them wanting to see the band again. 

It certainly isn’t just a British crowd thing. The pit in Krakow was also rough and I know at other shows too. One of the worst experiences I’ve had at a pj show was Amsterdam night 1 in 2014 when I did venture to the pit. The experience scared me - people were unnecessarily rough, pushing their way into a space already over full, people shoving and being very aggressive, and wearing bloody rucksacks which in this case just kept hitting me in the face. I ended up fighting (almost literally) my way out and burst into tears with relief. 

I find in the majority PJ crowds (whether 10C members or not) are good people. 

2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    dottles said:

It certainly isn’t just a British crowd thing. The pit in Krakow was also rough and I know at other shows too. One of the worst experiences I’ve had at a pj show was Amsterdam night 1 in 2014 when I did venture to the pit. The experience scared me - people were unnecessarily rough, pushing their way into a space already over full, people shoving and being very aggressive, and wearing bloody rucksacks which in this case just kept hitting me in the face. I ended up fighting (almost literally) my way out and burst into tears with relief. 

I find in the majority PJ crowds (whether 10C members or not) are good people. 

Wow.. Amsterdam 1 '14 is my least favorite show ever.. In part because the crowd was so dead around me.. (floor, Mike's side..) I was so frustrated at the lack of energy that it negatively affected my experience..
    Crazy how different experiences can be!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    Yes I was surprised to see several guys wearing quite big rucksacks to the show. I am surprised they were let in. I understand that a guy doesn’t want to bring a small purse like a lady but most men seem to be able to put their stuff in their pockets somehow. Feels unnecessary to bring a rucksack to an already over excited crowd. 

For the men in this thread who helped women in the crowd, a big Thank you to you! The rough guys have a lot to learn from you.
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • CS160564CS160564 Posts: 34
    I have attached a link to is a great article about the O2 show, but better still a really good article that absolutely captures the relationship between band and audiences..enjoy

https://www.loudersound.com/features/inside-pearl-jams-astonishing-end-of-tour-blow-out

• False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 743
    Just want to thank the band for an incredible show. I can't stop thinking about it.  Show #16 for me and it rivalled Hartford 2008 or Amsterdam 2 2012 in terms of being my favourite.  I'm not exactly an avid bootleg collector but I'm dying to get my hands on this one.....

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 743
    Oh yeah, one more thing - slightly annoyed by the O2's policy of taking our tickets in exchange for a generic O2 wristband.  I was told on night 1 that I'd be able to get my ticket (well....A ticket) back at the end of the night, but nope.  Same thing happened again on Tuesday.  No biggie, just annoying for those of us who had been keeping them as mementos from the shows we've been to.   

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,827

I think they take them off the GA so that they can't be given to people in seats to try and get down and in that way, but they're scanned so you'd think not based on that.

I always make sure I find someone to grab one after - and I always get them to give me a 10c stub as well.
    The blue wristband (with the O2 image on it) is for the floor, so people in the seats can't get into GA.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    All of these stories and yet my blood still boils at the sight of some bellend wearing a Fedora on the Rail at London 1 lol
  • huwhuw Posts: 2
    Brilliant show, and well worth having to double up on travel & hotels etc (although let's not do that again!) We had great seats in the 10 club reserved area (block 112 - first tier Stone's side, good view of the stage), and were surrounded by a sea of smiling faces all night.

Did anybody else catch Mike quoting the guitar solo from Stairway To Heaven during Crazy Mary? He started just as he crossed the stage to go & jam with Boom, before they hit the Paint It Black melody. This was my first time hearing CM live so I don't know if he does that regularly or if it was a one time thing.

Sorry to read all about all the problems people had in GA - perhaps try for 10C reserved seating next time? We've had great seats each time that way. I've had health issues in the past which make GA a non-starter for me, but the reserved seats have meant that I can still enjoy going to the gigs. Hard to make eye contact with Ed, but nobody climbing on top of me either.
  • mcbettermanmcbetterman Kent Posts: 12
    Olivavu said:
    jrd said:
    kevtic said:
    Suziemay said:
    kevtic said:
    Anyone got a spare ticket stub from last night. Never saw anyone handing tickets out after show. 
    They were very stealth about it. Being handed out on the floor, I ran back in to get one after asking around.
    I don't know why they take them off you in the first place. 
    Not sure why this annoys me so much but it really does.

I asked why at the first London show and was told "It's because we need to count them" which sounds like bullsh*t to me, as if they're going to count them all while the show's going on and then hand them out afterwards.

I asked again last night and was told "because it's policy" which means nothing and I'd like to know WHY this is the 'policy'.

Doesn't every ticket have a bar code which they scan so tickets can't be re-used? So you automatically count them via the scanning process and surely that's done anyway!? Saw Paul Simon at Hyde Park last Sunday; same process there of bag check, body scanner, then ticket scan and... you just keep the whole ticket.

Might just email the O2 to see if I can get some sort of explanation. Or I might not because it's probably their policy not to discuss policies... ;)

Anyway, brilliant show, enjoyed it immensely. Sorry to hear about the trouble further forward but had no problems where we were, Mike's side but a few rows in front of the sound desk so well back from the idiots by the sound of it.

Totally forgot to get a ticket at the end so if anyone has a spare...

I think they take them off the GA so that they can't be given to people in seats to try and get down and in that way, but they're scanned so you'd think not based on that.

I always make sure I find someone to grab one after - and I always get them to give me a 10c stub as well.
    You would think that bar code reader would automatically count them?  All  they need to do is just tear off the end of the ticket there and then and just give you ticket back, think that's where they are trying to save time.  I've emailed the O2 to see if they can send me a ticket as I didn't get one after though show due to running out of them which has worked on the few other occasions this has happened.
    2018 - O2 Arena, London x2
    2017 - Hammersmith Apollo, London (Eddie Vedder)
    2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl
    2012 - Manchester Arena
    2010 - Hyde Park, London
    2009 - O2 Arena, London
    2007 - Wembley Arena, London
    2006 - Reading Festival
    2000 - Wembley Arena, London x2
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    edited July 2018
    Olivavu said:
    jrd said:
    kevtic said:
    Suziemay said:
    kevtic said:
    Anyone got a spare ticket stub from last night. Never saw anyone handing tickets out after show. 
    They were very stealth about it. Being handed out on the floor, I ran back in to get one after asking around.
    I don't know why they take them off you in the first place. 
    Not sure why this annoys me so much but it really does.

I asked why at the first London show and was told "It's because we need to count them" which sounds like bullsh*t to me, as if they're going to count them all while the show's going on and then hand them out afterwards.

I asked again last night and was told "because it's policy" which means nothing and I'd like to know WHY this is the 'policy'.

Doesn't every ticket have a bar code which they scan so tickets can't be re-used? So you automatically count them via the scanning process and surely that's done anyway!? Saw Paul Simon at Hyde Park last Sunday; same process there of bag check, body scanner, then ticket scan and... you just keep the whole ticket.

Might just email the O2 to see if I can get some sort of explanation. Or I might not because it's probably their policy not to discuss policies... ;)

Anyway, brilliant show, enjoyed it immensely. Sorry to hear about the trouble further forward but had no problems where we were, Mike's side but a few rows in front of the sound desk so well back from the idiots by the sound of it.

Totally forgot to get a ticket at the end so if anyone has a spare...

You would think that bar code reader would automatically count them?  All  they need to do is just tear off the end of the ticket there and then and just give you ticket back, think that's where they are trying to save time.  I've emailed the O2 to see if they can send me a ticket as I didn't get one after though show due to running out of them which has worked on the few other occasions this has happened.
    It really annoys me and the staff taking the tickets are clearly sick of being asked about it. 

They run out because people who printed their etickets at home take them on the way out, which leaves them short.

It's just an awful system and this is the only place I've seen it used. 

And I just noticed that I've been to almost all the PJ gigs you have!
  • alexross42alexross42 Posts: 352
    Had a reply from O2 customer services email (customerservices@theo2.co.uk) this morning advising that they would send me tickets via post - just had to confirm how many I had and my address
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    Strange about the tickets, they just scanned ours and gave them back (seats block 112). Didn't even bother tearing off the barcode. Guessing they just do it for GA standing?
  • mcbettermanmcbetterman Kent Posts: 12
    Strange about the tickets, they just scanned ours and gave them back (seats block 112). Didn't even bother tearing off the barcode. Guessing they just do it for GA standing?
    It's so you cant move to better seats in your section. First gig I went to when they took my ticket off me was Guns n Roses & Weezer in 2002 at the London Arena.  I never knew at the time that you got your ticket back after the show and sadly I don't have anything other than memory's of a thinner Axl and a Guitarist with a KFC Bucket on his head.

2018 - O2 Arena, London x2
    2017 - Hammersmith Apollo, London (Eddie Vedder)
    2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl
    2012 - Manchester Arena
    2010 - Hyde Park, London
    2009 - O2 Arena, London
    2007 - Wembley Arena, London
    2006 - Reading Festival
    2000 - Wembley Arena, London x2
  • js261067 said:
    All of these stories and yet my blood still boils at the sight of some bellend wearing a Fedora on the Rail at London 1 lol
    M'lady
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • fizzyadefizzyade Posts: 5
    Somebody had the same seat number on their ticket as me, clearly there are bugs in the resale system, no idea how you manage to sell the same seat twice.  Happened to a few folks around us as well.

• DavegavinDavegavin Chamonix Mont Blanc Posts: 1
    MR26603 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Bella said:
    this setlist reminds me of live at the garden in 2003
    green disease, I am mine, save you, you are
    crazy mary, breath
    plus baba and ledbetter at the end
    one of my greatest show
    but some rude people at GA kinda ruin the night for me
    There were a few rude people beside us, must be a British thing
    I don’t do GA at any shows anymore. People have become intolerable for me. Maybe I’m getting old but my last 3 GA shows with various bands have almost been ruined by the people around me. 
    what's frustrating is that these people are not 10c member (no 10c wristband)
    they didn't sing along
    this is what happens when you mix up 10c GA and the general public
    I like the idea of a mixed GA. With this you make sure that everybody has a chance to get closer to the stage, normal crowd and those people from the 10C who did not win a GA ticket at the lottery. I don't want us 10C people to be treated better than others. The early entrance thing is enough. And yes, some people are to old for GA. That's why there are seats.
    The show was beyond amazing but I can't say I thoroughly enjoyed it unfortunately.
    I don't want to be anywhere but up front, rocking out, but with common bloody courtesy of others around me. I love to rock out, by that I mean jumping up and down, not pushing and shoving others.
    I queued for hours and reluctantly didn't drink so I could get to the rail and stay there with needing toilet.
    The perfectly good reason for 10c to be separated is because some of us put hours/days to get close.
    I came from France and got there as early as I could and there were about 50 people ahead of me, but just when security moved us in so many disrespectful Dick heads just jump the line and after hours of queueing I'm now maybe 200 people back.
    That all said I was happy to be 4 people from rail with nice people around me.
    Then the show starts and there were so many none 10c members pushing, crushing there way through.
    Also, so many moshing and throwing each other so hard that we pretty much missed some of my favourite songs as we were so focused on not falling.
    After just 3/4 songs I saw woman, who had been right up the front of the queue, maybe queued over night, having to get pulled out. So gutted for her and those others.
    Also, when Ed is speaking or playing some slow songs these twats were just messing and falling around the place and we couldnt hear Eddie.
    Such bullshit! Look, I might sound like an old hit, I'm not, I'm 40 and love a good time, but I'm considerate.
    Look, do what you want to do, stay outside drinking all day, but have some considération for others.
    I expect such behaviour from teenagers, like myself back in the day I was guilty of such behaviour along with nearly all the crowd, but guys as old às 50+ were so hammered and pissing off everyone around him.
    I've waited 16 shows to here my favourite 'Breath' , and not only hearing it but how Eddie sang it, he was looking right at us, our area, with such intent in his eyes, voice and hands, to try calm the fucking idiots ruining it for so many around us.
    I have never wanted to have a seated ticket before but after that experience, if 10c isn't separated then I'll consider rocking at my seat.
    Jesus, if you like PJ enough you should appreciate what they're about. You could see the worry on Eddie's face for many songs.
    Ah sorry for the rant, wanted to post something since but only wanted positive thoughts but glad to see others agree, and very sorry for those who had to get pulled out.
    And fucking shame on the way the security handled it.
    Let's get the complaints in!
    Hey lastly, this was the only show I attended without separated 10c, why is that the case at this venue?! 
    Rant over. 
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    There should be a 10c section at every show. When there is, there’s a better vibe. In Padova, Prague and Rome they worked perfectly. There is only bother when the GA is a free for all.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Davegavin said:well said dave
    MR26603 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Bella said:
    this setlist reminds me of live at the garden in 2003
    green disease, I am mine, save you, you are
    crazy mary, breath
    plus baba and ledbetter at the end
    one of my greatest show
    but some rude people at GA kinda ruin the night for me
    There were a few rude people beside us, must be a British thing
    I don’t do GA at any shows anymore. People have become intolerable for me. Maybe I’m getting old but my last 3 GA shows with various bands have almost been ruined by the people around me. 
    what's frustrating is that these people are not 10c member (no 10c wristband)
    they didn't sing along
    this is what happens when you mix up 10c GA and the general public
    I like the idea of a mixed GA. With this you make sure that everybody has a chance to get closer to the stage, normal crowd and those people from the 10C who did not win a GA ticket at the lottery. I don't want us 10C people to be treated better than others. The early entrance thing is enough. And yes, some people are to old for GA. That's why there are seats.
    The show was beyond amazing but I can't say I thoroughly enjoyed it unfortunately.
    I don't want to be anywhere but up front, rocking out, but with common bloody courtesy of others around me. I love to rock out, by that I mean jumping up and down, not pushing and shoving others.
    I queued for hours and reluctantly didn't drink so I could get to the rail and stay there with needing toilet.
    The perfectly good reason for 10c to be separated is because some of us put hours/days to get close.
    I came from France and got there as early as I could and there were about 50 people ahead of me, but just when security moved us in so many disrespectful Dick heads just jump the line and after hours of queueing I'm now maybe 200 people back.
    That all said I was happy to be 4 people from rail with nice people around me.
    Then the show starts and there were so many none 10c members pushing, crushing there way through.
    Also, so many moshing and throwing each other so hard that we pretty much missed some of my favourite songs as we were so focused on not falling.
    After just 3/4 songs I saw woman, who had been right up the front of the queue, maybe queued over night, having to get pulled out. So gutted for her and those others.
    Also, when Ed is speaking or playing some slow songs these twats were just messing and falling around the place and we couldnt hear Eddie.
    Such bullshit! Look, I might sound like an old hit, I'm not, I'm 40 and love a good time, but I'm considerate.
    Look, do what you want to do, stay outside drinking all day, but have some considération for others.
    I expect such behaviour from teenagers, like myself back in the day I was guilty of such behaviour along with nearly all the crowd, but guys as old às 50+ were so hammered and pissing off everyone around him.
    I've waited 16 shows to here my favourite 'Breath' , and not only hearing it but how Eddie sang it, he was looking right at us, our area, with such intent in his eyes, voice and hands, to try calm the fucking idiots ruining it for so many around us.
    I have never wanted to have a seated ticket before but after that experience, if 10c isn't separated then I'll consider rocking at my seat.
    Jesus, if you like PJ enough you should appreciate what they're about. You could see the worry on Eddie's face for many songs.
    Ah sorry for the rant, wanted to post something since but only wanted positive thoughts but glad to see others agree, and very sorry for those who had to get pulled out.
    And fucking shame on the way the security handled it.
    Let's get the complaints in!
    Hey lastly, this was the only show I attended without separated 10c, why is that the case at this venue?! 
    Rant over. 
    Well said dave
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -