Donald Trump

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    But since you brought up the issue of GOP voters, it’s hard to ignore the statement in the article that 46% of republicans polled were in favour of Little, who is completely open about his anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying, and yes, Nazi beliefs. 46%. So yes, maybe we can’t say that the majority of republican voters support Nazi policies, but 46% is a pretty sizeable minority. 
    I’m totally jumping in here and no I didn’t read the article at all, but that 46% number cannot possibly folks who knew the guy had those sentiments right? I find it hard to believe that if you polled 100 Republicans about their views on anti Semitic, racist etc views that 46 of them would have no problem with it.  No way.  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • But since you brought up the issue of GOP voters, it’s hard to ignore the statement in the article that 46% of republicans polled were in favour of Little, who is completely open about his anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying, and yes, Nazi beliefs. 46%. So yes, maybe we can’t say that the majority of republican voters support Nazi policies, but 46% is a pretty sizeable minority. 
    I’m totally jumping in here and no I didn’t read the article at all, but that 46% number cannot possibly folks who knew the guy had those sentiments right? I find it hard to believe that if you polled 100 Republicans about their views on anti Semitic, racist etc views that 46 of them would have no problem with it.  No way.  
    It is a poll. It could even be more in reality.

That figure is a gauge to tell us roughly where things are at.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    But since you brought up the issue of GOP voters, it’s hard to ignore the statement in the article that 46% of republicans polled were in favour of Little, who is completely open about his anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying, and yes, Nazi beliefs. 46%. So yes, maybe we can’t say that the majority of republican voters support Nazi policies, but 46% is a pretty sizeable minority. 

Oh like a poll that roughly said Hillary was a 90%+ favorite to win the election? Ok, that makes sense then, it has no truth to it at all.
  • But since you brought up the issue of GOP voters, it’s hard to ignore the statement in the article that 46% of republicans polled were in favour of Little, who is completely open about his anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying, and yes, Nazi beliefs. 46%. So yes, maybe we can’t say that the majority of republican voters support Nazi policies, but 46% is a pretty sizeable minority. 

Oh like a poll that roughly said Hillary was a 90%+ favorite to win the election? Ok, that makes sense then, it has no truth to it at all.

She won the popular vote didn't she? Polls have their purpose. Run from your comment if you want though.
    edited July 2018

She won the popular vote didn't she? Polls have their purpose. Run from your comment if you want though.
    Popular vote? Lol.  You don’t win a baseball game with hits my friend, you win by runs.  Learn the rules of the game or don’t play it.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

What poll was that?  I don't  remember any poll giving her that much of a chance
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Why is that so hard to believe? You supported and continue to support a racist as president. You draw the line at antisemitism?

What poll was that?  I don't  remember any poll giving her that much of a chance
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1322J1

Tht it was the first one when I just googled
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Small sample sizes dont matter...
    #pollsdontmatter

Hillary Clinton does not matter.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    THANKS

Popular vote? Lol.  You don’t win a baseball game with hits my friend, you win by runs.  Learn the rules of the game or don’t play it.

You don't score runs without getting hits, my friend. A poor analogy.

You were blathering on about some poll that gave Hillary a 90% chance of winning the election and how stupid polls were- trying to discredit them and dismiss the notion of the anti-Semitic and 'Nazi' attitude within the GOP base (which a poll revealed). I pointed out that polls have their purpose and the polls that showed Hillary winning the election were accurate to some degree given she won the popular vote.

And 90%? Which poll is that?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

Hillary was supposed to win according to the polls. 

dignin said:
    Why is that so hard to believe? You supported and continue to support a racist as president. You draw the line at antisemitism?
    Mostly because it’s a poll and they can be massively distorted based on how the questions are asked, who they ask, etc.  I never trust that shit, but it prob comes from my psych/sociology stuff back in school- they can be very manipulative to achieve a desired outcome. But I also just don’t trust that that’s even close to reality- I could ask 100 Republicans if they supported racist or bigoted stereotypes and I doubt you’d get 46 of them to they did.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Comparing Trump to the rise of the forth Reich is as banana land as the far right sayin Obama was going to enforce Sharia law

You were blathering on about some poll that gave Hillary a 90% chance of winning the election and how stupid polls were- trying to discredit them and dismiss the notion of the anti-Semitic and 'Nazi' attitude within the GOP base (which a poll revealed). I pointed out that polls have their purpose and the polls that showed Hillary winning the election were accurate to some degree given she won the popular vote.

I posted the poll above.  And no, the rules of baseball don’t say that runs are scored by hits.  There’s things called walks, hit by pitch, balls, etc.  read up on it.  Ever heard of a perfect game? It’s different than a no hitter, so careful.  In theory you absolutely can win a game if you walked and then stole bases.  No hit is needed. It’s all about the rules- don’t tout the popular vote stat as if it mattered in the election result.  You knew the rules going in, you’re a smart guy.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited July 2018

I posted the poll above.  And no, the rules of baseball don’t say that runs are scored by hits.  There’s things called walks, hit by pitch, balls, etc.  read up on it.  Ever heard of a perfect game? It’s different than a no hitter, so careful.  In theory you absolutely can win a game if you walked and then stole bases.  No hit is needed. It’s all about the rules- don’t tout the popular vote stat as if it mattered in the election result.  You knew the rules going in, you’re a smart guy.
    There wasn't a poll - correction I see there was a mentioning of polling. It mentioned a survey and then included this information as well, so not as jaded as you are making it sound. The problem is people don't often analyze the data and just look at percentages and numbers, which don't tell the whole story.

The former secretary of state was leading Trump by about 45 percent to 42 percent in the popular vote, and was on track to win 303 votes in the Electoral College to Trump’s 235, clearing the 270 needed for victory, the survey found.

Trump’s chances rest with his performance in Florida, Michigan, North Carolina and Ohio, which were too close to call on Sunday, when polling ended, and Pennsylvania, where Clinton enjoyed a slim lead of three percentage points. For Trump to win, he will have to take most of those states.

Any combination of two losses in the three states of Florida, Michigan and Pennsylvania would almost assuredly result in a Clinton victory. At the same time, Trump must hold onto the traditionally Republican state of Arizona, where the race has drawn close, and hope that independent candidate Evan McMullin does not claim another Republican bastion, Utah.

To win, Trump needs higher turnout among Republican white voters than that which materialized in 2012, a drop-off in ballots by African-American voters and a smaller-than-predicted increase in Hispanic voters, the project showed.

Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...

I'm not following your comparison of a perfect game to a no-no? Yes. Duh. I understand. No hits versus nobody on base. Followed by a warning to be careful?

A poll is supposed to reflect the attitudes of those participating in the poll. When Hillary won the popular vote... this demonstrated that the polls weren't completely out of line with the attitudes of voters and the people participating in the polls. 

And if you think a ton of games are won by teams simply getting on base through errors, walks and hit batters... then eesh. There might be one here and one there, but the history of baseball has shown that hits (big flies or the little variety) are the drivers of runs.
    Jason P said:

Hillary was supposed to win according to the polls. 
    All of the polls were correct (even the Nat'l poll) except for WI, MI, PA

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Tiki said:
    #pollsdontmatter

Amen. Why on Earth is anybody still talking about her? I know Trump brings her up at his rallies in sort of a Two Minutes Hate (from 1984) sort of way. But otherwise, she's as irrelevant any celebrity could be at this point.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited July 2018
    were talking about the FASCIST who is actually running shit...not Hillary Clinton.

His only end game is to upend all the socio-economic norms that our entire country has adopted in it's really quite short history.  Steve Bannon's plan.  Remember?

He likes the idea of President for Life.  He lies right to our faces multiple times a day.  Won with help from the Russkies  He's in construction. 

Zero Tolerance.
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited July 2018

Someone still doesn't know the difference between polls and electoral college forecasts??? Really? Almost two year after the fact? Jesus H.........national polls had her up 2-3%. She won the popular vote by like 2.5%. They were, and are, largely accurate. State specific polling in the few states that flipped late to Trump (largely due to the Comey bombshell) was what was wrong.

Trump supporters.....ugh.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    The level of stupidity/ignorance displayed in this thread at times is quite enthralling.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Ok maybe not 46% more like 42% lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    The level of stupidity/ignorance displayed in this thread at times is quite enthralling.
    Hey but if your conservative principles are reaffirmed, meh. “Not good people.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    BS44325 said:
    Sorry but the percentages just don’t match up with reality of where real anti-semitism comes from these days. The lesson from Auschwitz is that it comes from everywhere...one should always be on guard...it will never go away. In practicality however today’s Jews know that it is far more likely to come from the left then the right. Sure Nazi’s exist on the right but jews have far less to fear from them coming to power compared to a toxic brew of leftist socialist in bed with the Islamists. Around the world today Jews, LGBTQ, christians etc. are under attack from Islamists who get far more support from the political left then the right. It is Islamists in europe and elswhere (with leftist support) that are the worst perpetrators and Jews know that this will come to America too in time. It is the GOP in America who are looking out for this while the Democratic party is moving slowly in the opposite direction. Lastly with specific reference to the Holocaust jews know that it is Iran who is openly declaring to start the next one. They were absolutely against the Iran deal as they believe it bought this regime time and used the money for nefarious purposes. While American jews do mot support Trump they support him on leaving the Iran deal. It today’s GOP that understands Never Again while the democrats want to help sustain the iranian Mullahs who openly call for destruction of the jewish people. So throw your percentages around all you want but the real/effective/dangerous anti-semitism is in bed with the Democratic party right now and not with these one off lunatics who manage to get themselves nominated in heavily democratic districts.
    So you’re take away from visiting Auschwitz is to become more bigoted toward Muslims and ramp up your fear related beliefs surrounding liberals? 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I don't get the desire to justify someone like Trump by making up some bullshit that this is necessary, Fake News, biased journalism, liberal rage or whatever other reason some have concocted. Even so, is this what you want the future of our country's leadership to act like? Who cares about Obama, Clinton, Bush, liberals or republicans. Can't we agree to condemn behavior unfit to be a cashier at McDonalds? Imagine that this person was your direct supervisor, met with clients and went to conferences on behalf of your business. Keep praising behavior and a skill set equivalent to a farmer's blow on a cowpie.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587

dignin said:
    Mostly because it’s a poll and they can be massively distorted based on how the questions are asked, who they ask, etc.  I never trust that shit, but it prob comes from my psych/sociology stuff back in school- they can be very manipulative to achieve a desired outcome. But I also just don’t trust that that’s even close to reality- I could ask 100 Republicans if they supported racist or bigoted stereotypes and I doubt you’d get 46 of them to they did.
    I knownwhich polls to trust and which to not based on my psych and sociology stuff back in school. If you were taught to disregard them all, then your professors failed you. You should’ve been taught how a valid survey is done. And also that comparing one poll in an attempt to discredit an unrelated poll is not a good way to go about things. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Tiki said:
    #pollsdontmatter

Amen. Why on Earth is anybody still talking about her? I know Trump brings her up at his rallies in sort of a Two Minutes Hate (from 1984) sort of way. But otherwise, she's as irrelevant any celebrity could be at this point.
    I wish that were the case.  But the GOP still running against her.  Populism needs a villain and Hillary is still playing that role.  It should be enough for the November red wave.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.