THERE IS NO LIST/NUMBER SYSTEM FOR 10C GA LINES

Comments

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    So people are/are not allowed to leave the ga line for 3hours to get merch?

i would think not but with everyone sing so merch flipping hungry I’d reckon popular opinion says merch breaks are ok

agree to do,it the Bruce way. It’s getting out of control 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited June 2018
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I say we go back to reserved seating on the floor!

kindest regards,

Joe
    10C# 72xxx

=) 
    I'm with you on this

Jon
    Also 10C #72xxx
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 782
    edited June 2018
    Yes please.Bentleyspop said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

kindest regards,

Joe
    10C# 72xxx

=) 
    I'm with you on this

Jon
    Also 10C #72xxx
      Agree also.  I miss being able to pre party with other friends and fans (or even just be able to go out to eat or explore a new city) and not having to wait in a line (especially in weather) for an entire day or longer just to be jammed into a semi dangerous and fully uncomfortable proximity to other people that were there late but feel entitled to push their way up all the same...

10C has been so good at trying to give fans a good experience with tickets etc and yet I hope someday we can see some of the verified fan protocols that are being initiated combined with reserved seating and how they could help affect keeping some of the less desirable ‘money is no object and neither is paying attention to the show’ tickets out of the front (or anywhere really) where that energy just brings the band- and everyone else- down..

Loved the 1st and 9th being random #’s too!
    Post edited by mdgsolo on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JOEJOEJOE said:

kindest regards,

Joe
    10C# 72xxx

=) 
    I'm with you on this

Jon
    Also 10C #72xxx
    Agreed.  Reserved is so much nicer.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    AD161755 said:
    What amazing gig in Rome! Thank you guyz!

PS: Some Italian's Ten Club members are fkn NAZI, probably this is my last year as member. 
    There was a guy that pretended to manage the access to the stadium for all the 10C members... 
    He had a panther tattooed on his back and he shouted and threatened to 10C members that don't wanna stand at his rules (he said that he would slap me). I don't wanna be anymore a member of a group that accept fascists. Many 10C members quited the line due this heavy atmosphere.
    _____
    Just copied this from the Roma fanview thread, so despite all the warnings the self appointed continue to manipulate the entry lines.

The description of the tattoo must make this guy identifiable and pretending to represent 10C and threatening other members with violence must make this a case for action.  Acknowledge that this is difficult circumstances for 10C but interested to see what is going to be done (4 options available from original post) as it is all conducted allegedly in the name of our fan club?

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    CB254133 said:
    AD161755 said:

PS: Some Italian's Ten Club members are fkn NAZI, probably this is my last year as member. 
    There was a guy that pretended to manage the access to the stadium for all the 10C members... 
    He had a panther tattooed on his back and he shouted and threatened to 10C members that don't wanna stand at his rules (he said that he would slap me). I don't wanna be anymore a member of a group that accept fascists. Many 10C members quited the line due this heavy atmosphere.
    _____
    Just copied this from the Roma fanview thread, so despite all the warnings the self appointed continue to manipulate the entry lines.

The description of the tattoo must make this guy identifiable and pretending to represent 10C and threatening other members with violence must make this a case for action.  Acknowledge that this is difficult circumstances for 10C but interested to see what is going to be done (4 options available from original post) as it is all conducted allegedly in the name of our fan club?

Wow.  That is not cool.  Why is there always THAT person?  I wonder if anyone took video of his douchebaggery? 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    This is not acceptable.  NO WAY can this be happening.  Someone must know who this is.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348

To those of you agreeing with each other about the desirability of reserved seating on the floor in response to the Ten Club statement about GA Early Entry in Europe right now:

Where I come from this would not mean going ‘back’ to reserved seating on the floor, it would mean introducing it.

Possibly, your argument is a little unclear here, it would even mean completely axing GA, which is something we are used to and enjoy where I come from.

Whose perspective are you highlighting here? That of those who are currently affected by ‘the list’ but have always had GA? Or that of those who travel to a different concert culture and want to change the local culture by getting rid of GA? I hear reserved seating is great in the States, so those that want it can get it there. If you travel to Europe, reserved seating is limited and people like to stand.

I also question this need for a pre-party in combination with reserved seats on the floor. What is a pre-party anyway? Hanging out with music and friends, which is what many do while waiting outside the venue anyway? Or drinking alcohol at a bar, which quite a few fans waiting outside the venue don’t do (front row GA = fresh legs)? I think we can all agree that reserved seats are great when you want to go sightseeing somewhere first or have to work. But where I come from you can’t have your cake AND eat it. That said, you can actually have a great standing spot even when you arrive at 6pm as I did in Amsterdam on 12th June because I had to work first that day. You just can’t get to the front row then.

From my perspective, I have no problem with waiting outside the venue before the concert, nor with being in close proximity to other fans (they are not, by definition, “dangerous”). For me, those ARE the pre-party and the party. Before the concert, I have great conversations, make new friends and listen to music. During the concert, I dance and enjoy the vibe and energy of those around me.

Of course, I do have a problem with people who play unfairly and/or break the rules by expecting a front row standing spot without having put in the time and energy. That, however, can be solved without immediately axing GA. In short: as someone from the GA culture, I appreciate and am thankful for the suggestions made by Ten Club :-)

Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
    Good point
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Riot_Rain said:

To those of you agreeing with each other about the desirability of reserved seating on the floor in response to the Ten Club statement about GA Early Entry in Europe right now:

Where I come from this would not mean going ‘back’ to reserved seating on the floor, it would mean introducing it.

Possibly, your argument is a little unclear here, it would even mean completely axing GA, which is something we are used to and enjoy where I come from.

Whose perspective are you highlighting here? That of those who are currently affected by ‘the list’ but have always had GA? Or that of those who travel to a different concert culture and want to change the local culture by getting rid of GA? I hear reserved seating is great in the States, so those that want it can get it there. If you travel to Europe, reserved seating is limited and people like to stand.

I also question this need for a pre-party in combination with reserved seats on the floor. What is a pre-party anyway? Hanging out with music and friends, which is what many do while waiting outside the venue anyway? Or drinking alcohol at a bar, which quite a few fans waiting outside the venue don’t do (front row GA = fresh legs)? I think we can all agree that reserved seats are great when you want to go sightseeing somewhere first or have to work. But where I come from you can’t have your cake AND eat it. That said, you can actually have a great standing spot even when you arrive at 6pm as I did in Amsterdam on 12th June because I had to work first that day. You just can’t get to the front row then.

From my perspective, I have no problem with waiting outside the venue before the concert, nor with being in close proximity to other fans (they are not, by definition, “dangerous”). For me, those ARE the pre-party and the party. Before the concert, I have great conversations, make new friends and listen to music. During the concert, I dance and enjoy the vibe and energy of those around me.

Of course, I do have a problem with people who play unfairly and/or break the rules by expecting a front row standing spot without having put in the time and energy. That, however, can be solved without immediately axing GA. In short: as someone from the GA culture, I appreciate and am thankful for the suggestions made by Ten Club :-)

I think you have some good thoughts here about 'having your cake and eating it too' --- but the issue would appear to be that the rules are not enforced.  Whoever this fuckhole Panther Tattoo dick guy is, he should be stripped of his tickets and if he is a 10C member, he should be tossed. 

To your point, I agree wholeheartedly that it would seem that you can do GA in 2 ways & be fair:

First way -- get in line.  Stay in line.  Leave for bio breaks.  Bring water and food with you.  I guess if everyone is cool with it then running to get food would be acceptable.  Should always leave one of you in line.  No Merch Line breaks, no Pre-party breaks, no nap breaks.  You are committing above and beyond other members for the position up front and those who put in the work should be rewarded.
    Second way - get in line.  If you want to leave, do so.  Get back in line when you come back.  At the back of the line.  When the doors open take your position wherever you like best & don't push your way past those who put more time/effort in to be in front of you.

No exceptions.  If you have to work, too bad.  You can still be in GA, you will just be behind others.  If your flight delays, too bad.  If you want to get merch and come back - great!  Hope that you got what you wanted, now go to the back of the line. 

Just one person's take, but I totally understand the 'you can't have your cake and eat it too.'

I choose to not go for GA because I enjoy meeting up with friends that I usually only see at shows and hanging out locally with them.  If I am further back and cannot see Ed's nosehairs or catch a pick, I still very much enjoy the show and in the seats I don't have to deal with any of the drama associated with fuckhole Panther Tattoo dick guy, nor with Push My Way to The Front Asshole Guy. 
    (I only need to worry about the Boston Puker sitting next/behind me and having no way to get away.)

It would be worth it at some point for someone to knock fuckhole Panther Tattoo dick guy out.  He threatened to slap someone? 
    Pretty sad.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • cannotstaylongcannotstaylong Posts: 668
    edited June 2018

CB254133 said:
    AD161755 said:

_____

Wow. That’s ridiculous. 

I find it hard to believe that the 10C didn’t communicate with venue security before the show. The post from Santos was very clear and 10C ticket staff apparently were informing 10C members that the list/numbering system is not legit when they collected their tickets.  Unfortunately, venue security personnel probably didn’t feel like putting in the work to enforce the 10C policy.  It also didn’t help if the guy claimed to manage the line on behalf of the 10C - essentially pretending to work for the fan club. 

If for some reason 10C staff did not communicate the policy to venue security, then they should be sure to do so before the remaining shows.  And they should definitely inform security that no one from 10C will be “managing the line.”  Security staff should know that anyone claiming to do so doesn’t work for 10C. 

At the end end of the day, the best way to stop this is to for 10C members to refuse to recognize the legitimacy of the lines/numbers.  That won’t make the problem go away entirely, but it’s probably the most realistic solution.  If someone tries to write a number on your hand, just tell them you don’t need one since you can already see exactly where you are in the line.  Getting help from security would be great, but we shouldn’t count on that. 
    Post edited by cannotstaylong on
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Doesn't sound like that panther guy was being subtle about it.. Did no one stand up to him?

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018

To your point, I agree wholeheartedly that it would seem that you can do GA in 2 ways & be fair:

First way -- get in line.  Stay in line.  Leave for bio breaks.  Bring water and food with you.  I guess if everyone is cool with it then running to get food would be acceptable.  Should always leave one of you in line.  No Merch Line breaks, no Pre-party breaks, no nap breaks.  You are committing above and beyond other members for the position up front and those who put in the work should be rewarded.
    Second way - get in line.  If you want to leave, do so.  Get back in line when you come back.  At the back of the line.  When the doors open take your position wherever you like best & don't push your way past those who put more time/effort in to be in front of you.

No exceptions.  If you have to work, too bad.  You can still be in GA, you will just be behind others.  If your flight delays, too bad.  If you want to get merch and come back - great!  Hope that you got what you wanted, now go to the back of the line.  

Totally agree! Option 1 worked very well in Amsterdam this year, with several fans successfully taking turns to line up for merch as well. People like Panther Guy are scary though and I could totally imagine abandoning my much-coveted space in the line when faced with someone like him. Interestingly, I dare say that the combo of venue and 10C security that was used in Amsterdam would have stood up to him -- they did not hesitate to confront people. It seems that venue security in different countries is done quite differently, which must be difficult for Ten Club to take into account and work with/around.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Doesn't sound like that panther guy was being subtle about it.. Did no one stand up to him?

without sounding like a prick.... this SHIT wouldn't fly in America. Panther Dick would've gotten his ass beat down.

As for the above post about GA being a cultural thing.   I agree. I am talking about going back to reserved for US shows only. I have read books about the "Football" or "Soccer" hooligans and regular people and how they cram them into these small pens like animals to watch the game. You guys can keep that shit.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    lolobugg said:

without sounding like a prick.... this SHIT wouldn't fly in America. Panther Dick would've gotten his ass beat down.

As for the above post about GA being a cultural thing.   I agree. I am talking about going back to reserved for US shows only. I have read books about the "Football" or "Soccer" hooligans and regular people and how they cram them into these small pens like animals to watch the game. You guys can keep that shit.

Agree.  My guess is that fuckhole Panther Tattoo dick guy is a typical bully & did not make such demands/comments to anyone who looked like they might square up to him.  I would love to see someone try that with either of our wives.  I know you and I would stand up but guessing based on what I know of the ladies that both of them would be in his face in a matter of seconds if they saw him doing this to others, never mind trying to bully them.  :lol:

fuckhole Panther Tattoo dick guy could get his ass beat down, for sure.

• wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    edited June 2018
    I'm fine with bringing back reserved seating only if it was random, not just a few rows.

I know this won't go over well with the members who have low numbers but it would be the fairest way, IMO.

Post edited by wall232 on
    NYPJ
    lolobugg said:

Agree.  My guess is that fuckhole Panther Tattoo dick guy is a typical bully & did not make such demands/comments to anyone who looked like they might square up to him.  I would love to see someone try that with either of our wives.  I know you and I would stand up but guessing based on what I know of the ladies that both of them would be in his face in a matter of seconds if they saw him doing this to others, never mind trying to bully them.  :lol:

this would almost be worth it to see what M and B would do to him. :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

this would almost be worth it to see what M and B would do to him. :lol:
    I would be scared for him.  He better be fuckhole Panther Tattoo, workout bro, dick guy
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    GA  ROCKS. 
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
    lolobugg said:

Interesting comparison, although I am not sure it works entirely. After all, most hooligans are actually in... reserved seating  ;)

Source
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    Riot_Rain said:
    lolobugg said:

Interesting comparison, although I am not sure it works entirely. After all, most hooligans are actually in... reserved seating  ;)

Source
    GA is fine. It’s the unofficial line that’s the problem.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • AD161755AD161755 Posts: 3
    Yes, I wrote the post about panther guy.
    Many people refused to follow this guy but many others (his mafioso friends) doesn't did the same because probably they liked the "number on hand" game...
    Fascists should be treated as fascists, not doing this that time was my fault.

Thank you guys!
    AD161755 said:
    Yes, I wrote the post about panther guy.
    Many people refused to follow this guy but many others (his mafioso friends) doesn't did the same because probably they liked the "number on hand" game...
    Fascists should be treated as fascists, not doing this that time was my fault.

Thank you guys!

Good for you for standing up to this guy. I wish security was better. They should've stepped in to stop this.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• rdalhuisenrdalhuisen Den Haag Posts: 110
    edited June 2018
    Okay guys, can someone who was in the Rome line please email TC? Make an account what happened. They take it very seriously.

Apparently someone know who these people are, who did it again yesterday. Can you please drop me a pm? 
    Post edited by rdalhuisen on
    Arnhem 06, Antwerp 06, Barcelona 06, Paris 06, Munich 07, Copenhagen 07, Nijmegen 07, Hartford 08, Mansfied 08, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, Nijmegen 10, Berlin 10, Alpine Valley I & II 11, Toronto II 11, Hamilton 11, Manchester I & II 12, Amsterdam I & II 12, Stockholm 12, Worcester I & II 13, Philly I & II 13, Hartford 13
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    lolobugg said:

I think I need to meet your wives! I call out this kind of behavior, too; I'm not afraid to cause a scene, or to defend myself.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    wall232 said:
    I'm fine with bringing back reserved seating only if it was random, not just a few rows.

I know this won't go over well with the members who have low numbers but it would be the fairest way, IMO.

i have a low number and would be 100% fine with this.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    These bullies are worrying alot of people about line etiquette. I'm gonna line up for Krakow and Berlin and am worried too! I don't want anyone shouting at me when I'm waiting to see a band. Or pissing off to their hotel when I've been sat on the floor all day. Hmph. 
    lolobugg said:

I think I need to meet your wives! I call out this kind of behavior, too; I'm not afraid to cause a scene, or to defend myself.

Ha!  Good for you.  My wife is all of 5'3" as well..does not deter her one bit.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    I imagine you ladies will manage just fine. Y'all know how to handle a dick.
    These bullies are worrying alot of people about line etiquette. I'm gonna line up for Krakow and Berlin and am worried too! I don't want anyone shouting at me when I'm waiting to see a band. Or pissing off to their hotel when I've been sat on the floor all day. Hmph. 
    Please don't worry Lou. I promise  you will be ok. I know all the people  who queue  and to be blunt there was an Italian in London got dealt with apart from that Berlin and Poland will be all nice people at the front I guarantee.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

This discussion has been closed.