THERE IS NO LIST/NUMBER SYSTEM FOR 10C GA LINES

Ten Club <[email protected]>
THE LATEST FROM PJHQ
View this email in your browser
Message to all Ten Club GA Standing Ticket Holders-

We are receiving complaints that members are continuing to use a list/ numbering system for reserving a spot in the early entry line and then leaving for hours. Additionally, we are hearing reports of fans designating sign up times and other such rules. These are by no means Ten Club rules. This is unacceptable and unfair to those fans that put their time and stay in line. We’ve tried very hard to ensure that our members are treated fairly and are very disappointed to hear of fans abusing each other in this way. If you leave the line, you must go to the end of the line regardless of what number, symbol, or word you may have written on your hand as this means nothing. The GA line is a first-come first-served line.

We have tried to warn Ten Club Members nicely about this, but unfortunately this abuse continues. Should we continue to hear these reports we will be forced to take further steps to prevent this from happening.

The following actions may be taken:

• Sending fans to the back of the line
• Revoking early access wristbands
• Revoking memberships
• No more early entry offered to the Ten Club

Ten Club and Pearl Jam Security considers this fan run list system null and void and we encourage all fans not to participate in it. Simply stay in line in the order you arrived. Otherwise you will be placed in the back of the line, lose your early entry privileges, or lose your membership entirely. We do not want to see any numbers on hands or any lists moving forward, so please take this warning seriously.

Best regards,
10c

Comments

• FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    Thank you and well done for taking action.

I was at London 1 and London 2 :( and for the most part the queuing worked out great. A big improvement from 2014 (2012 and 2010). Unfortunately, as already discussed in other threads there are still a small minority causing significant problems for others.

• andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    it's always the same peeps...running the same con 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Thanks for taking this seriously, 10C.  And thanks for spreading the word, Santos.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    Glad to see this...I hope the venue security is informed
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Well done 10c... Members should treat each other with respect and be fair
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    Thanks for the update. Worded perfectly and on point! 
  • rdalhuisenrdalhuisen Den Haag Posts: 110
    Thank you very much :) Yesterday was a mess...
    Arnhem 06, Antwerp 06, Barcelona 06, Paris 06, Munich 07, Copenhagen 07, Nijmegen 07, Hartford 08, Mansfied 08, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, Nijmegen 10, Berlin 10, Alpine Valley I & II 11, Toronto II 11, Hamilton 11, Manchester I & II 12, Amsterdam I & II 12, Stockholm 12, Worcester I & II 13, Philly I & II 13, Hartford 13
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,746
    andrew68 said:
    it's always the same peeps...running the same con 

It shouldn't be too hard to ID those accounts. Bye Felicia.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    Nice work 10c.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    Well said Santos
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,934
    Bravo, Santos and 10C
  • VeganPJfanVeganPJfan Posts: 12
    Thank you so much.  I have been waiting for so long to see  PJ in concert and have been overwhelmed since I got GA for one night in Seattle... first with gratitude, but since reading some of the posts, with genuine anxiety and dread over this line list. 
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    What exactly is accepted? 
    At some point I'm gonna have to pee.. 
    Would also like to check out the merch.. Is it ok for my and my brother to go do this one at a time, while the other keeps our place in line?! 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    When I waited in line, people were fine with Pee and food breaks. Just make friends with everyone around you! 
    riley540 said:
    When I waited in line, people were fine with Pee and food breaks. Just make friends with everyone around you! 
    Yeah I would hope giving those around us a heads up should be ok.. 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Can we please have the offenders banned from 10c? I know it might sound harsh, but these people make me and other members really angry with their selfish actions. It has been said time and time again that this kind of system is not to be used and they keep on doing it. It’s not fair and it’s not right. They need to stop doing it and stop being so selfish.
  • What exactly is accepted? 
    Would also like to check out the merch.. Is it ok for my and my brother to go do this one at a time, while the other keeps our place in line?! 

Leaving the 10C GA line for short periods of time (bathroom breaks, collecting 10C tickets, etc.) is fine, so long as you work it out with the other folks waiting in line around you.  The key is just to be a good neighbor in line.  Get to know the people around you and give them a heads up if you have to leave for a short time. 

The issue with the "list" is that folks leave for hours on end and then return right before doors open claiming they have a reserved spot up front.  
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • rdalhuisenrdalhuisen Den Haag Posts: 110
    Olivavu said:
    Can we please have the offenders banned from 10c? I know it might sound harsh, but these people make me and other members really angry with their selfish actions. It has been said time and time again that this kind of system is not to be used and they keep on doing it. It’s not fair and it’s not right. They need to stop doing it and stop being so selfish.
    I totally agree... They caused a lot of stress and anger yesterday. And they keep doing it for years now. The Amsterdam line was so relaxing, there was security making sure they didn't make a change... 
    Arnhem 06, Antwerp 06, Barcelona 06, Paris 06, Munich 07, Copenhagen 07, Nijmegen 07, Hartford 08, Mansfied 08, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, Nijmegen 10, Berlin 10, Alpine Valley I & II 11, Toronto II 11, Hamilton 11, Manchester I & II 12, Amsterdam I & II 12, Stockholm 12, Worcester I & II 13, Philly I & II 13, Hartford 13
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174
    Thank you for coming out strong against this. Seems like this is a huge problem in Europe.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683

Leaving the 10C GA line for short periods of time (bathroom breaks, collecting 10C tickets, etc.) is fine, so long as you work it out with the other folks waiting in line around you.  The key is just to be a good neighbor in line.  Get to know the people around you and give them a heads up if you have to leave for a short time. 

The issue with the "list" is that folks leave for hours on end and then return right before doors open claiming they have a reserved spot up front.  
    If you want a spot near the front then you take the time to queue for it. Everyone is likely to need to go get some food and take a toilet break, these things are fine. But the people who think they can have a space held all day while they go to a bar and spend the afternoon relaxing are taking the piss out of other fans. It’s not fair and they need to be stopped. I would like to see anyone doing it have their wristband taken away at the very least and be banned altogether from 10c if they keep offending. Other people spend all afternoon waiting in line only to see these arrogant and selfish individuals turn up at the last minute expecting to get in first. It’s not right.
    Olivavu said:

If you want a spot near the front then you take the time to queue for it. Everyone is likely to need to go get some food and take a toilet break, these things are fine. But the people who think they can have a space held all day while they go to a bar and spend the afternoon relaxing are taking the piss out of other fans. It’s not fair and they need to be stopped. I would like to see anyone doing it have their wristband taken away at the very least and be banned altogether from 10c if they keep offending. Other people spend all afternoon waiting in line only to see these arrogant and selfish individuals turn up at the last minute expecting to get in first. It’s not right.

I would be OK with a lifetime ban from 10club for these repeat offenders.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Have 10c representative inspect the front of the line in rome.. Maybe the problem will be solved once these guys face reality..
    That being said I got a number on my hand in Vienna 14 and had no clue it was illegal, so innocents might get punished as well

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Ban the Listers!

Top 10 List of Annoying 10C Member Habits
    1. Being Merch Whores & impacting others through their rabid collection-ism
    2. Complaining about items/actions associated with the band...on the fan club web site for the band
    3. Being cruel/mean to other members on the message board
    4. Being subject matter experts -- on every subject!
    5. Being arbitrary on AMT for the sake of creating arguments, err, discussions
    6. Creating different ways to try to game the system for GA queuing, to the detriment of fellow 10C members
    7. Creating silly threads while under the influence
    8. Wishing for the "good old F5 days"
    9. Not reading announcements and then creating dozens of threads asking questions that were answered already
    10. Making silly Top 10 lists
    ;)

Wonder how many of these I have broken!  :rock_on: Never done the GA one, at least.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Ban the Listers!

Top 10 List of Annoying 10C Member Habits
    1. Being Merch Whores & impacting others through their rabid collection-ism
    2. Complaining about items/actions associated with the band...on the fan club web site for the band
    3. Being cruel/mean to other members on the message board
    4. Being subject matter experts -- on every subject!
    5. Being arbitrary on AMT for the sake of creating arguments, err, discussions
    6. Creating different ways to try to game the system for GA queuing, to the detriment of fellow 10C members
    7. Creating silly threads while under the influence
    8. Wishing for the "good old F5 days"
    9. Not reading announcements and then creating dozens of threads asking questions that were answered already
    10. Making silly Top 10 lists
    ;)

Wonder how many of these I have broken!  :rock_on: Never done the GA one, at least.

I am guilty of #7 and #1

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    #1, #3 (although I have only done this on purpose a few times & that person is gone.  Other times, if done, were done so in ignorance), #7, and #10 for sure.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    I love number 10.l1 i love top 5-10 lists! 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,345
    Part of the fun of show day is meeting people in the queue and getting excited as it gets closer and closer to doors opening. Bring something to sit on, snacks and drinks, find out where the nearest toilet is and that's all you need!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    Well said Santos. These people are known to us . So should now be known to you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    @Santos L. Halper

question, my buddy and I are meeting at safeco for the Seattle show. We are driving from different places. If one arrives before the other can we hold a place in for an hour or so? 

Thanks! 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    The answer  is no I'm afraid.  It's clearly  spelled out
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
This discussion has been closed.