THERE IS NO LIST/NUMBER SYSTEM FOR 10C GA LINES

Comments

• PJNB said:
    I just read on social media a fan got their tickets and the ticket vendor guy said anyone trying the list bullshit again is done for the rest of the tour. Glad 10 club has stepped in and straightened this out and hope people can grow up and act as adults and learn something we were taught in grade school. How to form a line. How hard is that. 
    That’s awesome. I’m glad they’re taking this seriously. Hopefully 10C has communicated this to the folks running security. 
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,345
    The list people seem to be the attention starved folks who are utterly desperate for Eddie to glance their way. They can't handle life without it, it's really quite sad.

When there's two of you going to the show, the queuing is a lot easier because if you need the toilet or need to go grab a drink to bring back then the other person can stay in line. As others have said, if you're friendly to the people around you and they see that you're putting in the time then it's no issue. Everyone gets along really well and everyone is very accommodating.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • prlprl Posts: 124
    The Rock said:
    The list people seem to be the attention starved folks who are utterly desperate for Eddie to glance their way. They can't handle life without it, it's really quite sad.
    And get memorabilia to sell later on.
  • Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306
    Numbers are back in Rome.... :|
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,345
    Ince.es said:
    wow seriously?
    @Santos L. Halper   Surely something can be done about this. It's happening right now, people never learn!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • InsideJob75InsideJob75 Posts: 126
    Ince.es said:

Easy suggestion - Ten club should be with security at the gates - anyone with a number on their hand should get pulled out of the early entry queue.  I'm not suggesting they don't get in, they should lose their number system right there and then.

It would be enough to stop people trying it again and again.

Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • cannotstaylongcannotstaylong Posts: 668
    edited June 2018
    Ince.es said:

Easy suggestion - Ten club should be with security at the gates - anyone with a number on their hand should get pulled out of the early entry queue.  I'm not suggesting they don't get in, they should lose their number system right there and then.

Post edited by cannotstaylong on
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    Ince.es said:
    oh man that sucks.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Ince.es said:

Exactly. This would solve the problem pretty quickly. I would think it would be pretty easy for the 10C to communicate with security and come up with a coordinated solution. They already have to monitor the line to make sure everyone has a 10C early entry wristband. While they are doing that they can just look to see if people have numbers and send them to the back of the line. 
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Ince.es said:
    Go kick some sharpie marker ass, @Santos L. Halper !
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,432
    I would let them put numbers on their hands and then when the doors are getting ready to open a 10C Rep stands there and kicks all them people to the back of the line just as they think they are going to get in and on the rail. I'm sure that would be pretty devastating to some and then revoke their membership
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,250
    everyone's an individual...but i can't imagine waiting in any line for 2+ hours just to see a rock show....
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    Just wanna say, when there was numbers in 2012 and 2014 - most people still wre in the que and didn't (what I saw) leave for "the entire day". felt more like an extra step to avoid assholes pushing and not to have people leave for hours on hours. 

But, maybe that has changed. Or I was naive.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    everyone's an individual...but i can't imagine waiting in any line for 2+ hours just to see a rock show....
    A number of us here have waited much longer than that just for merch.  :wink:  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Just wanna say, when there was numbers in 2012 and 2014 - most people still wre in the que and didn't (what I saw) leave for "the entire day". felt more like an extra step to avoid assholes pushing and not to have people leave for hours on hours. 

The reports from Padova make it sound like there were a lot of people who received numbers and then left the queue.  Someone posted yesterday that there were about 100 people in the queue when they showed up, but the "list" already had about 450 names.  Folks returned right before doors opened to have their names called.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
    edited June 2018
    Just wanna say, when there was numbers in 2012 and 2014 - most people still wre in the que and didn't (what I saw) leave for "the entire day". felt more like an extra step to avoid assholes pushing and not to have people leave for hours on hours. 

The reports from Padova make it sound like there were a lot of people who received numbers and then left the queue.  Someone posted yesterday that there were about 100 people in the queue when they showed up, but the "list" already had about 450 names.  Folks returned right before doors opened to have their names called.
    Happend in London 2007 without numbers. A group of like 10 Brazilians came and pushed through to their friends without being there for the whole day. 

So, assholes in the tenclub cue will never be avoided. 

Except if everyone is me. I am the best.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    I just don't understand certain people thinking they are more important than other fans or more important than the band themselves to disrespect their wishes.  Yeah, we get it, you've been a Pearl Jam fan for a long time and you have lots of money and travel to lots of shows in lots of places, which many of us can't afford to do.  That doesn't make you any more special.  It's this type of elitist bullshit attitude that the band has vehemently disapproved of their entire career.  And you want to act like that right in front of their faces?  Go fuck yourselves.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    I just don't understand certain people thinking they are more important than other fans or more important than the band themselves to disrespect their wishes.  Yeah, we get it, you've been a Pearl Jam fan for a long time and you have lots of money and travel to lots of shows in lots of places, which many of us can't afford to do.  That doesn't make you any more special.  It's this type of elitist bullshit attitude that the band has vehemently disapproved of their entire career.  And you want to act like that right in front of their faces?  Go fuck yourselves.
    well said.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    mcgruff10 said:
    well said.
    Spot on mate.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    True 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Bella said:
    The wristband gets you early entry. In Amsterdam we joined the line at early entry time and were still very close to the stage when we got in. It’s the fans who want the rail that have introduced this system. 
    I'm aiming for the rail in Krakow, but want to follow the rules.. If a bunch of people arrive late with numbers and cost me the opportunity at a rail spot, I'd be devastated
    Me and all my polish friends  will be in Krakow. Fear not. My name is Rob. Matt fuckin Cameron t shirt.  Stick with us and nobody will try any shit.
    I think i will look for you!
  • Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306

In Trieste 2014 I arrived to the queue at 7am there were around 10 people and when they give me the number 74 I asked where were all the rest of the numbers thay started to say that some went to the bathroom, other to have breaksfast,... several excuses. Of course most of them arrive around 9am relaxed and showered.
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
    Ince.es said:

In Trieste 2014 I arrived to the queue at 7am there were around 10 people and when they give me the number 74 I asked where were all the rest of the numbers thay started to say that some went to the bathroom, other to have breaksfast,... several excuses. Of course most of them arrive around 9am relaxed and showered.
    I guess Im just naive. Haha. Must have been the same at Stockholm and Amsterdam then.
    Bella said:
    The wristband gets you early entry. In Amsterdam we joined the line at early entry time and were still very close to the stage when we got in. It’s the fans who want the rail that have introduced this system. 
    I'm aiming for the rail in Krakow, but want to follow the rules.. If a bunch of people arrive late with numbers and cost me the opportunity at a rail spot, I'd be devastated
    Me and all my polish friends  will be in Krakow. Fear not. My name is Rob. Matt fuckin Cameron t shirt.  Stick with us and nobody will try any shit.
    I think i will look for you!
    Yes please do. My trip is in jeopardy  atm due to illness. Sadly I may have to quit
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,250
    deadendp said:
    A number of us here have waited much longer than that just for merch.  :wink:  
    as long as you are getting one extra of everything to sell on ebay to help fund your trip then i have NO problem with that   :)
    i only buy my PJ merch from ebay these days because if anyone stands in line for 3+ hours to get an extra poster, sticker and pin they deserve the extra money.
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    I get why you would want to que for front row, however with TC GA tickets the view even from back of the "golden circle" is great. Point is, unless you plan to be the 100 or so who will get front row or second row, no point in queing. Just my opinion.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,395
    I say we go back to reserved seating on the floor!

kindest regards,

Joe
    10C# 72xxx

=) 
    It's so fuckin simple. Queue  or Don t
     That's it. No help or change needed.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174
    JOEJOEJOE said:

kindest regards,

Joe
    10C# 72xxx

=) 

Word up!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    JOEJOEJOE said:

kindest regards,

Joe
    10C# 72xxx

=) 
    Good god no... without getting in to that old argument again, I would hate for Euro shows to become what the US shows are like.
This discussion has been closed.