Knowing What You Know Now, Would You Still Support Trump for President?

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The u.s. added over 300,000 jobs last month and trump is going to meet with Kim jong un, Not bad in my book. 
    HAHA. My god.
     I get  you don't like trump but adding jobs is a bad thing?  
    Adolf Hitler fed his dog Blondie really well and cuddles with her. Not bad in my book.

Etc.

What president wouldn't have had those jobs added.
    I’ve always hated the what if game.  Facts are facts, unemployment is way down and my paycheck is up due to the tax breaks. Comparing hitler to trump in any context is genuinely 
     [name-calling removed by Admin]. 
    You should not call other people, on a message board or in real life, "retarded". 

Disgusting.

The Hitler-comparison is apt. People had more money in their wallets too after he came to power. I believe he did some shitty stuff too, but I bet people were financially happy in the late 30s. "Not bad in some peoples books."
    Not exactly unless you consider widespread famine, food lines and starvation "happy.".  There were 6 million unemployed (which was close to 30%!!!) in Germany in the 1930's.  They were absolutely suffering and the Great Depression hit them hard there.  The economy had improved for a few years after ww1 before that, like between 1924-1929, but it crashed hard, opening the door for Hitler.  It's said that a wheelbarrow full of German notes would buy only a few groceries, the value of German money had dropped so far.  Hitler ran on economic promises, one of the early ways he and the Nazi's rose to power.  One of the things he did to grow their economy was take raw materials from all around Europe and return German manufactured goods in exchange.  He also used these raw materials to build the war machine.  Putting Germany to work towards war had a lot to do with any gains they saw as well.  So Germany in the 30's was pretty horrible for the most part, definitely far from "financially happy."

Which exactly proves the point you are refuting, although you disagree on the timeline. 
    He said people were financially happy in the late 30’s in Germany.  I said if you think having 30% unemployment is happy then perhaps you’re correct.

Actually, the over 30% unemployment was in the early 1930s. By the late '30s it had dropped markedly. Still missing the point made by SC.
    You’re right. I concede that.  What was his point though, that a growing economy allows one to fairly compare hitler to trump?
    I believe his point was that people ignored the steady creep of erosion of human rights, little by little, because they were happy about the improvement in their own economic status.

Should be pretty obvious.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The u.s. added over 300,000 jobs last month and trump is going to meet with Kim jong un, Not bad in my book. 
    HAHA. My god.
     I get  you don't like trump but adding jobs is a bad thing?  
    Adolf Hitler fed his dog Blondie really well and cuddles with her. Not bad in my book.

Etc.

What president wouldn't have had those jobs added.
    I’ve always hated the what if game.  Facts are facts, unemployment is way down and my paycheck is up due to the tax breaks. Comparing hitler to trump in any context is genuinely 
     [name-calling removed by Admin]. 
    You should not call other people, on a message board or in real life, "retarded". 

Disgusting.

The Hitler-comparison is apt. People had more money in their wallets too after he came to power. I believe he did some shitty stuff too, but I bet people were financially happy in the late 30s. "Not bad in some peoples books."
    Not exactly unless you consider widespread famine, food lines and starvation "happy.".  There were 6 million unemployed (which was close to 30%!!!) in Germany in the 1930's.  They were absolutely suffering and the Great Depression hit them hard there.  The economy had improved for a few years after ww1 before that, like between 1924-1929, but it crashed hard, opening the door for Hitler.  It's said that a wheelbarrow full of German notes would buy only a few groceries, the value of German money had dropped so far.  Hitler ran on economic promises, one of the early ways he and the Nazi's rose to power.  One of the things he did to grow their economy was take raw materials from all around Europe and return German manufactured goods in exchange.  He also used these raw materials to build the war machine.  Putting Germany to work towards war had a lot to do with any gains they saw as well.  So Germany in the 30's was pretty horrible for the most part, definitely far from "financially happy."

Which exactly proves the point you are refuting, although you disagree on the timeline. 
    He said people were financially happy in the late 30’s in Germany.  I said if you think having 30% unemployment is happy then perhaps you’re correct.

Actually, the over 30% unemployment was in the early 1930s. By the late '30s it had dropped markedly. Still missing the point made by SC.
    You’re right. I concede that.  What was his point though, that a growing economy allows one to fairly compare hitler to trump?
    I believe his point was that people ignored the steady creep of erosion of human rights, little by little, because they were happy about the improvement in their own economic status.

Should be pretty obvious.
    ...to everyone not blindly supporting the president. Consider the audience.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Specially the posters here who support this administration & president it’s all about the bottom $ , they could care less if kids are sitting in shelters or sweating in tents ...
    hes a fucking liar and if you support him your supporting a pathological liar !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Specially the posters here who support this administration & president it’s all about the bottom $ , they could care less if kids are sitting in shelters or sweating in tents ...
    hes a fucking liar and if you support him your supporting a pathological liar !!
    I disagree. If its all about the bottom $ and if they were being honest, they would've given the previous administration credit for all the sustained growth since the Great Recession. Trump has conditioned his supporters to think that the date the economy started to turn around was January 20th, 2017. The only thing these people care about is the R next to his name. That's what's wrong about this country. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I disagree. If its all about the bottom $ and if they were being honest, they would've given the previous administration credit for all the sustained growth since the Great Recession. Trump has conditioned his supporters to think that the date the economy started to turn around was January 20th, 2017. The only thing these people care about is the R next to his name. That's what's wrong about this country. 
    I agree but his base points to the economy as to why everything else doesn’t matter the country is doing so well and yes standing by the R or D is what’s wrong so yes I agree but I just see that the bottom $ does affect people’s view of this administration! 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I'm just not used to this, coming from Sweden and being raised with the idea of the Folkhem / Peoples Home*

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folkhemmet

Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I did not vote for Donald J Trump, but if I had, I would be disappointed based on his campaign promises/rhetoric. 

campaigning Trump said:

Much better healthcare for all, at a fraction of the cost

IMMEDIATE repeal and replace of Obamacare. "Fast, quick, your head will spin"

Economy numbers were fake in 2016

Hillary Clinton would be in jail 

Border wall would start going up so fast, "your head will spin", and Mexico will pay for it

ISIS would be defeated very quickly, or  would actually "come to the table" (whatever that means)

He would get along very well with our allies, because he gets along with anybody

Big Pharma (not middle men) would be regulated, and your drug prices would go down

Keystone Pipeline would be built with American steel

"Massive numbers" of "good" jobs would come about due to a Trump administration

"I will give you everything you've been looking for, for 30, 40, 50 years"

"I know good people, geat people. I know the best people"

Coal miners would be going back to work "in droves"

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    3days said:
    I did not vote for Donald J Trump, but if I had, I would be disappointed based on his campaign promises/rhetoric. 

campaigning Trump said:

Border wall would start going up so fast, "your head will spin", and Mexico will pay for it

ISIS would be defeated very quickly, or  would actually "come to the table" (whatever that means)

He would get along very well with our allies, because he gets along with anybody

Big Pharma (not middle men) would be regulated, and your drug prices would go down

Yeah, it's rather typical for politicians to make promises they can't/don't/won't keep.  But when we ended up with a president that wasn't a politician and not a very good business man and a terrible TV personality, we end up with a guy who has plenty of hot air, but nothing to back it up.  And then you look at how ridiculous most of those promises were in the first place and you see how low we have fallen.  Clown President of 1/2 Clown Nation
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    3days said:

campaigning Trump said:

Yeah, it's rather typical for politicians to make promises they can't/don't/won't keep.  But when we ended up with a president that wasn't a politician and not a very good business man and a terrible TV personality, we end up with a guy who has plenty of hot air, but nothing to back it up.  And then you look at how ridiculous most of those promises were in the first place and you see how low we have fallen.  Clown President of 1/2 Clown Nation
    Come on now. He’s a businessman! Everyone in business/sales knows the best way to make a deal is to over promise and under deliver. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    EXACTLY!!!  I just had this conversation with by in laws yesterday.  My brother in law had been unemployed for a few years around the 2008-2010 timeline.  They live in a blue collar area of Ohio.  He had a few jobs that didn't pan out real well then about 5 years ago he got a job at a plastic manufacturer that he still has today.  They do not give Obama any credit whatsoever for the pull out from the recession...no credit for the steady increase in jobs, none for decrease in unemployment, etc.  But now fucking tRump is just the greatest thing ever.

But....they don't care about deficits anymore.  They don't care about a foreign country shaping our election, etc.  Fucking unreal.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    brianlux said:
    3days said:

campaigning Trump said:

That's it.

I saw an interesting piece of journalism that raised the question of whether Trump voters were actually duped. It suggested that they actually were NOT. Rather, their priorities just weren't in line with traditional voting issues. For example, they might not be voting for an improved economy, better healthcare, good diplomacy, and a healthy jobs market. Instead, their top concerns may revolve around God, guns, grits, and gravy.

It's a scary situation, and education needs to become a bigger priority. However, people have to be willing to be educated, and to accept facts.
    3days said:
    brianlux said:
    3days said:

campaigning Trump said:

That's it.

I saw an interesting piece of journalism that raised the question of whether Trump voters were actually duped. It suggested that they actually were NOT. Rather, their priorities just weren't in line with traditional voting issues. For example, they might not be voting for an improved economy, better healthcare, good diplomacy, and a healthy jobs market. Instead, their top concerns may revolve around God, guns, grits, and gravy.

It's a scary situation, and education needs to become a bigger priority. However, people have to be willing to be educated, and to accept facts.
    "God, guns, grits, and gravy."
    :lol:  Bingo!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I've changed my mind. I've seen the light. I'm 100% pro Trump now. 

#MAGA
    my2hands said:
    I've changed my mind. I've seen the light. I'm 100% pro Trump now. 

#MAGA
    Hot damn!  :lol:

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    edited August 2018
    Fine people on both sides.

Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Fine people on both sides.

https://www.newsweek.com/fields-charlottesville-driver-killer-hate-crime-1068145

In June, federal prosecutors for the Western District of Virginia handed down 30 hate crime charges against Fields and described how after counter-protesters began walking up a hill Fields “rapidly accelerated through a stop sign and across a raised pedestrian mall, and drove directly into the crowd… [and] stopped only when it struck another vehicle near the intersection."Last month, Fields pleaded not guilty to all the hate crime charges but his mental state has come under scrutiny. U.S. District Court in Charlottesville Judge Joel Hoppe reportedly asked Fields if he had ever received treatment for mental illness, according to The New York Times citing a court spokesperson.Fields reportedly answered he was taking medication and he had been treated for depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and A.D.H.D.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Maybe this will help you decide?

565 Migrant Children Remain Separated From Families 3 Weeks Past Judge's Deadline - HuffPost https://apple.news/AbZ5vzZwYRv2pJC7uV0aPBQ
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Maybe this will help you decide?

565 Migrant Children Remain Separated From Families 3 Weeks Past Judge's Deadline - HuffPost https://apple.news/AbZ5vzZwYRv2pJC7uV0aPBQ
    Not a word from this administration on the kids he could give two shits about these immigrants and it’s a damn shame that most of the populace is not enraged about these kids !
    Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?
    :lol:

edited September 2018
    Maybe this will help you decide?

Not a word from this administration on the kids he could give two shits about these immigrants and it’s a damn shame that most of the populace is not enraged about these kids !
    60% of us are (and that's just those of us eligible to vote). 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • With Team Trump Treason mocking a victim of sexual assault, now is the time to tell us that you’d vote for him again. Anyone?

Brilliantati©
    With Team Trump Treason mocking a victim of sexual assault, now is the time to tell us that you’d vote for him again. Anyone?
    This country is dumb enough to make the same mistake over & over again , I wouldn’t bet against dumb..
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    edited October 2018
    Re-do the election today and:
    • If you only let those that voted the first time vote, the results would be identical.
    • If you let any eligible voter vote, it might be more interesting.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    • If you only let those that voted the first time vote, the results would be identical.
    No. The majority of people who voted 3rd party absolutely would not do that again. Look at Trump's numbers with independents. She'd gain on her popular vote win and rake in the extra 60,000 or so in the swing states to take the election. 

If all eligible voters voted, HRC wins in a landslide. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    OnWis97 said:
    I know you’re really stuck on this notion, but his approval rating has dropped over time, which means he would be losing voters in scenario 1. In scenario 2, high voter turnout benefits Dems, so he’d also lose there. 
    OnWis97 said:
    I know you’re really stuck on this notion, but his approval rating has dropped over time, which means he would be losing voters in scenario 1. In scenario 2, high voter turnout benefits Dems, so he’d also lose there. 
    The other thing to consider when you hear about his approvals within the Republican Party is that the number of people who identify as republican has dropped over the last couple years.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • So, who here would? Don't be afraid. If you voted for Team Trump Treason and the election were held tomorrow, would you vote for him, regardless of the opposing candidate(s)?

Brilliantati©
  • So, who here would? Don't be afraid. If you voted for Team Trump Treason and the election were held tomorrow, would you vote for him, regardless of the opposing candidate(s)?

Lurking somewhere for sure, but don't hold your breath: the Trump supporters that have modern technology and know how to use modern technology are not going to expose themselves publically as a tool. Doing so would be tantamount to coming on here and passionately asserting Nickelback is way better than Pearl Jam.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

Lurking somewhere for sure, but don't hold your breath: the Trump supporters that have modern technology and know how to use modern technology are not going to expose themselves publically as a tool. Doing so would be tantamount to coming on here and passionately asserting Nickelback is way better than Pearl Jam.
    And this is why I didn't buy the polling data that had Hillary as the surefire winner. I felt there were a lot of Trump supporters that didn't want to admit it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com