• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    4pt favs tonight...

5-1 favorites to win the series.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Poncier said:
    4pt favs tonight...

5-1 favorites to win the series.

Kinda wish the Celtics were at full strength...on other hand, I kinda  don't.

Either way-- I get the feeling this will be the start of an annual post season series for the foreseeable future. Gonna be fun...

chinese-happy.jpg

Its gonna be like the 80's again in the east for a while, dominated by Celts and Sixers with the Bucks as a very good team who just can't get over the hump.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Now that my Pacers are out, I'm hopping on the Philly wagon in the East.

Welcome.

I trust that you will respect our process from here on out.

I’ll trust it, for the time being.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    That was gross
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Yikes. The D looked lost. C's letting Jojo get his and shut down the perimeter.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Lazy defense and terrible shooting is not a recipe for success

Put Simmons or Roco on Tatum. JJ can’t cover him. And give Anderson some of Marco’s minutes again. 

They should be better Thursday. Hate the two day layoff though

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Just completely flat that whole game. And I am still astounded by the fact that this team lives and dies by the three, when there's no way you could've bet money on that approach a year ago.

And the thing is this team has the size and ability to back away from the three if it needed, which is super frustrating.

Now gotta wait another couple days for game 2. Dumb. But maybe it'll ice Boston a little bit as well.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Well, that was disappointing.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I agree : Bad D & 3 point shooting.

I also do not like 2 days off. Sixers  will be in Boston for about 6 days to play 2 games? Ridiculous, really.
    cutz said:
    I agree : Bad D & 3 point shooting.

I also do not like 2 days off. Sixers  will be in Boston for about 6 days to play 2 games? Ridiculous, really.
    I was wondering if they came home after last night.  It's a 45 minute flight there and an hour home. Why not let them sleep in their own beds for a couple nights. Might mess up routines though.
    Maybe it's the red "Suxers" jerseys. I despise those things. Nothing wrong with the red one from last year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    60 minutes Australia did an interview with Ben.
    He played Aussie rules football, never knew that.
    Seems like a nice family that he has. His dad has more of an Aussie accent now haha.
    If you guys are interested you can watch on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9s2BhV7YM
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Btw I loved his Kangaroo bling that I saw him wear before the Celtics game.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Think Fultz plays soon? 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    I’d be more inclined to give simmons ROY if he were really, you know, a rookie.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

You seem overly concerned about this.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:

Its his first year playing. He is a rookie.

Big game tonight, eh, gents?

An obvious thing but---hit the open threes. Also need some more movement/cutting when Embiid's posting up. I wonder if Boston will stick with not doubling him since it worked Monday. Or will they double because the reality is it worked because the Sixers missed so many open looks from beyond the arc which they don't normally do?

Be more aggressive/less lazy on D. Put Roco or Ben on Tatum and move JJ to Smart. And unleash the Justin Anderson Beast for 10ish minutes.

What say you?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    ed243421 said:

I like the Celtics tonight
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

An obvious thing but---hit the open threes. Also need some more movement/cutting when Embiid's posting up. I wonder if Boston will stick with not doubling him since it worked Monday. Or will they double because the reality is it worked because the Sixers missed so many open looks from beyond the arc which they don't normally do?

Be more aggressive/less lazy on D. Put Roco or Ben on Tatum and move JJ to Smart. And unleash the Justin Anderson Beast for 10ish minutes.

What say you?

I say I drank to much wine last night and hate the 8:30 start time.

What say you?

What's worse? 8:30 or 6? 6 sucks too. That's game 4's time.
    chinese-happy.jpg

What say you?

What's worse? 8:30 or 6? 6 sucks too. That's game 4's time.
    Yeah, they both stink. I'd prefer earlier than later, I think though. Leave work a few minutes early and get sleep.
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    He's so good as a Rookie that some people do not think he's really a Rookie.

Thanks for the compliment!!
    Wobbie said:
    In the National Basketball Association, a "rookie" is any player who has never played a game in the NBA until that year.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    All the bitching about start times and wait times is making it harder for me to root for your team. Jesus Christ, people! The Sixers are in the conference semis of the goddamn NBA playoffs for the first time in six years!

C'mon!

The life was sucked out of that shitty building last night when the Bolts kicked the B's dicks in. It was glorious!

Keep it going, Sixers! Fuck the Celtics in their dicks!   
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    cutz said:
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:
    In the National Basketball Association, a "rookie" is any player who has never played a game in the NBA until that year.
    The writers vote on the award.  If they take umbrage with whom is or isn't a rookie then they'll vote on it.

So it's in their hands...
    cutz said:
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:
    The writers vote on the award.  If they take umbrage with whom is or isn't a rookie then they'll vote on it.

So it's in their hands...
    Let's be glad Wobbie isn't a witer. :lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Wobbie said:

no mention of a previous year of NBA coaching, a previous year of NBA training table, a previous year of NBA film study, a previous year of NBA travel?

it’s all good. they really ought to split the reward. who won last year? probably some guy who was just a’ight.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16