What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    May It Last (2017)
    The Judd Apatow HBO Doc about the Avett Brothers. Good stuff.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Been on a movie binge this last week 

Ready Player One - liked it 

A Quiet Place - Really enjoyed it 

The Philadelphia Story - Amazing, absolute classic 

Balto - fun kids movie, based on true story 

Dr Strangelove - Genius, absolute classic 
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    A Quiet Place.........Pretty good!
    Going Tuesday.....cant wait.

Watching The Terror on AMC. Its very good after 1 episode. Great atmospheric horror.
    I can't wait to start that one.  It's on my DVR.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    May It Last (2017)
    I'd like to watch that one! :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    May It Last (2017)
    I'd like to watch that one! :smile:
    Very good!
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I watched Wonder Woman again.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Wind River on Netflix. Never heard of it, but it was really good.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Inside Llewyn Davis, great movie, but had to rewatch it to understand the opening, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Inside Llewyn Davis, great movie, but had to rewatch it to understand the opening, lol.
    Great movie!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mace1229 said:
    Wind River on Netflix. Never heard of it, but it was really good.
    you'd think I'd have heard of it since Hugh Dillon has a big role in it. Watched it on synopsis alone. Was pleasantly surprised. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    The Miracle Season.  Took my daughter and her friend, both big volleyball players.  Won't lie to you, pulled at the heart strings BIG TIME!

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Paterno

Joe knew!!!!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I was thinking and is it just me or are there just not any good comedies anymore???  I can't even remember the last comedy that was a must-see.  Everything is either a superhero movie or a drama.  Old School, Wedding Crashers, Anchorman, Step Brothers etc.. are all at least 10 years old.  I honestly can't think of any great comedies from the past few years.  
    I was thinking and is it just me or are there just not any good comedies anymore???  I can't even remember the last comedy that was a must-see.  Everything is either a superhero movie or a drama.  Old School, Wedding Crashers, Anchorman, Step Brothers etc.. are all at least 10 years old.  I honestly can't think of any great comedies from the past few years.  
    4/20, bud. Super Troopers 2!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Ha...I think I'm just going to pretend that movie doesn't exist like I did with the Anchorman and Dumb and Dumber sequels.
    edited April 2018
    I think This is the End is absolutely hilarious, but even that is 5 years old... The Big Sick was very good, but not the same kind of comedy you're talking about I assume. You're right... Though dankind mentioned Super Troopers 2. I haven't seen it yet, don't know if it's funny or not. Not sure if anything is going to make you happy though, seems like you are just really Jonesing for a good Will Farrell movie. :lol: Have you checked out Daddy's Home 2? ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    dankind said:
    Ha...I think I'm just going to pretend that movie doesn't exist like I did with the Anchorman and Dumb and Dumber sequels.
    Have you seen Girls Trip yet?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited April 2018
    That's My Boy but that is almost 6 years old
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    I have.  Did not find it funny at all.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    :open_mouth:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • GabrielleMGabrielleM Brazil Posts: 23
    3096 Days. About the kidnapping of Natascha Kampusch. It was really distressing for me, but it is a good movie nonetheless. 
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable
    EV SOLO (May 7th 2014) || SÃO PAULO (November 15th 2015) || BELO HORIZONTE (November 20th 2015) || LOLLAPALOOZA 2018 || EV SOLO (March 29th 2018)
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think This is the End is absolutely hilarious, but even that is 5 years old... The Big Sick was very good, but not the same kind of comedy you're talking about I assume. You're right... Though dankind mentioned Super Troopers 2. I haven't seen it yet, don't know if it's funny or not. Not sure if anything is going to make you happy though, seems like you are just really Jonesing for a good Will Farrell movie. :lol: Have you checked out Daddy's Home 2? ;)
    This is the End was hilarious.  It doesn't even have to  be a Will Ferrell movie....I just cannot think of the last funny ass movie.  The only comedies anymore seem to be the family oriented ones like Daddy's Home and Grown Ups, etc...  Maybe Super Troopers 2 won't disappoint!
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    PJ_Soul said:
    Great movie!
    :star:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Limitless. Pretty good. I noticed on netflix there is a spinoff tv series. anyone see it?
    Already been canceled! 
    I'm through with screaming
  • Paterno 

What an unbelievable story/scandal looking back.
    I can't bring myself to watch it. My boss did and said she wishes she hadn't. 
  • KC138045 said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Same here. I kept wanting to like it but I just couldn't. 
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    A Quiet Place
    Fantastic. Emily Blount was great in this as was the entire cast.
    Monster movies have replaced the zombie movie and it's refreshing. 

Much better than the Cloverfield Paradox and this was almost part of the Cloverfield storyline early on.
    It manages to keep the theater quiet too!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    A Quiet Place

Much better than the Cloverfield Paradox and this was almost part of the Cloverfield storyline early on.
    Agreed on all counts!!! I couldn't believe how quiet the theater was.  It was great seeing Jim from The Office, in a horror flick.  He directed the movie as well.
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    A Quiet Place

Thank God. I am so sick of zombies.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Ready player one. The shining sequence was awesome, but the rest was WAYYY too long. Overrated for sure.